2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Red Dead Redemption 3

MVP

On 1/12/2021 at 9:54 AM, GRANDHEIST said:

Zero excitement for RDR3, and thats mostly testament to how good RDR1 & RDR2 were

What is there left than to ride horse in a slightly different environment

The core experience would still be same and 300+ hours was enough for me

At least for now

When a game is this good (RDR2) that you don't want Rockstar to make another entry in the franchise because you fear they cannot match the quality of the previous one. That's how I feel about this but I trust Rockstar in whatever they do. I think GTA VI will obviously be their next big release (if the rumors about the GTA Trilogy remakes are true this will release before of course) and even that is years away still. If there is to be another Red Dead we won't see it before early 2030 I reckon.

I think Australia during the time of the Bushrangers would be very interesting. We already used the Kelly gangs armor in RDO.

10 hours ago, Ser_Salty said:

I think Australia during the time of the Bushrangers would be very interesting. We already used the Kelly gangs armor in RDO.

That would be the only acceptable place to set a game if you're looking to set it outside of the United States.

8 hours ago, Zello said:

That would be the only acceptable place to set a game if you're looking to set it outside of the United States.

It's also a setting that's pretty much unused by video games

I don't think RDR3 will take place in another country, GTA and RDR2 always takes place in America.

Red dead Redemption 1 Remake is in the process with new graphics and new missions, so there is no need for another Western, I believe Red Dead Redemption 3 will take place in the 20s and there is a clue about it, its called Francis, do you remember Francis?

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Meet The Time Traveler (Full Mission Guide) -  YouTube

The 20s is a very interesting era, it combines technology with wildlife, i mean, you can literally see horses and cars in the same street and you can still go for exploration out of town.

File:The last of the Horse Drawn Carriages.JPG - Wikimedia Commons
 8935a04d5f81d36767ad38d5400d383d.jpg

I mean, ITS PERFECT, just imagine roaming in the busy streets of New York (Liberty city) of the 20s, the colors, the clothes, the people, the way they spoke, the cars, THE MUSIC, it will be MAGNIFICENT to play this era with new graphics 

Imagine the possibilities, the mafia, the wall street, the farmers, how many characters can they create, how many environments and possibilities. imagine the Art Deco Buildings, i mean, this team will NAIL IT to the ground and it will be a shame if they don't do it!😔

Edited by JimJailor

5 hours ago, JimJailor said:

I don't think RDR3 will take place in another country, GTA and RDR2 always takes place in America.

Red dead Redemption 1 Remake is in the process with new graphics and new missions, so there is no need for another Western, I believe Red Dead Redemption 3 will take place in the 20s and there is a clue about it, its called Francis, do you remember Francis?

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Meet The Time Traveler (Full Mission Guide) -  YouTube

The 20s is a very interesting era, it combines technology with wildlife, i mean, you can literally see horses and cars in the same street and you can still go for exploration out of town.

File:The last of the Horse Drawn Carriages.JPG - Wikimedia Commons
 8935a04d5f81d36767ad38d5400d383d.jpg

I mean, ITS PERFECT, just imagine roaming in the busy streets of New York (Liberty city) of the 20s, the colors, the clothes, the people, the way they spoke, the cars, THE MUSIC, it will be MAGNIFICENT to play this era with new graphics 
-snip-

Imagine the possibilities, the mafia, the wall street, the farmers, how many characters can they create, how many environments and possibilities. imagine the Art Deco Buildings, i mean, this team will NAIL IT to the ground and it will be a shame if they don't do it!😔

Dude Red Dead is a western and has always been a western. Setting it in the 1920's would not feel like Red Dead at all. Seems like what you want is a 1920's Mafia game.

They need to go back anytime between 1850-1890 during the peak of the West.

CynicalMexican

RDR1 took place partly in Mexico...

TBH I would love to see the entirety of North America represented in RDR3. Complete pipe dream, but it would be so cool.

It's clear that Rockstar cares more about making a more varied and diverse world than sticking close to real life locations and geographical constraints when fictionalizing these states; this Reddit map pointing out the states of RDR2 seems accurate enough to me in this regard.

where-does-red-dead-redemption-2-take-pl

So Rockstar should use do the western half of America to make RDR3's world, specifically by making versions of California (especially San Francisco as a major city) , Nevada, Utah (especially Salt Lake City), Arizona, parts of Oregon and maybe Washington state and Canadian territory by making something like Vancouver Island and parts of British Columbia and set it somewhere in 1860s or 70s. The frontier was still open compared to 1890s. 

XsjRemA.jpg

zimg0034.jpg

San Francisco would be amazing for a RDR game seeing what R* pulled off with Saint Denis (New Orleans) in RDR2.

114746446-nevada-mojave-desert-with-the-

It'd be great to visit the Mojave in a video game after Fallout New Vegas.

ik34o5nrh0v21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Salt Flats of Death Valley.

residence-of-brigham-young-salt-lake-cit

Salt Lake City has the potential to another hotspot.

Then you'll get classic deserts for a western with small towns and villages with parts of Nevada and Arizona which does have their unique geographical features which R* will amplify to make them look and feel distinct.

red-rock-canyon-nevada-today-180706-teas

Red Rock Canyon, Nevada

Nevada_City_c_1856.jpg

Nevada City could make a classic frontier town.

landscape-nature-sand-rock-mountain-sunr

Utah deserts

default.jpg?highlightTerms=

Vancouver Island can potentially add an ... an 'Island' with a city and unlike Guarma (which was the weakest part of RDR2) it can be great.

Then you can add some other parts of British Columbia and Canada-US border.

BritishColumbia-1280x720-min-1280x720.jp

There are many more things I can add but I'm gonna stop here. Tbh I got a bit carried away, so anyway what do you folks think about this?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
imViolet
6 hours ago, Zapper said:

beep :sadkek:

boop :adminkek:

仕方がない

face it, gta 6 is never coming :kekw:

I believe we’ll see a new red dead title before we reach 2030, if you think about it, the development of GTAV started right after GTAIV, same goes for RDR2, so, that’s mean the next entry been in development almost 4 years now. So I expected to arrive in 2027/2028.
also, I think 8/10 years for a game is enough, even for rockstar.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but this is coming 2028-2030.

11 minutes ago, C4R3ON said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you but this is coming 2028-2030.

Nope, you’re saying that the game is taking 12 years of development, and that’s insane, I believe every 5 years rockstar release a new major game, so if GTA6 is releasing next year, that’s mean 2028 will be our target.

but damn it’s really frustrating to wait 10 years for a new game, I know rockstar need time, but, this is really taking so long, even if it’s a major shock like rdr3.