3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Favorite all aound Gaming Mouse

ElJuggernaut

What's everyone's favorite all around gaming mouse? My long time favorite is the Logitech G700s, which of course they discontinued. Luckily I own two and another "parts" mouse. Not sure what I'll do when they're all dead lol

I love everything about this mouse except the side buttons (to narrow and close together for my fat thumb).

04pndfHb6EqE3FnBKQU8bh9-1.fit_scale.size

I'm a big fan of the Corsair M65 Elite.

corsair_gaming_m65_rgb_elite.jpg

I had the Pro which preceded it, and before that a succession of Roccat and SteelSeries.

The SteelSeries were pretty good all round, but as they became a bigger brand quality took a dip and they were always pretty expensive for what they were

The Roccat stuff was downright awful in build quality, every single one I had broke within ~6 months. Never again.

Then I had a Perixx MX-200B; no-name Chinese thing that I got really cheap. Other than the friction coating wearing off, this was actually a pretty exceptional mouse. Great comfort, decent stability, nice weight and survived a good two years of pretty hefty abuse as my everyday mouse. This one eventually made it to my work PC before being retired and replaced with my old M65 Pro.

The M65 Pro was a great mouse with a couple of really annoying issues; one the way the weights were mounted (screwed into the plastic rather than the alu frame) meant that slightly over-tightening them immediately destroyed the threads. The "sniper" button was in a place that made it impossible to reach from a claw or hybrid grip without lifting the heel of your hand. Other than that, really comfy and great build quality. 

The Elite basically took everything that was wrong with the Pro and fixed it.

Untitled-1.jpg
P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

Intel 6900K @4.3GHz (1.285v) | MSI X99A MPOWER | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz CL14

Custom Distro Plate | XSPC D5 PWM | Watercool Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 
2x Samsung 860 Evo 500GB | Gigabyte WBAX200 | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

I've been sporting the Logitech G502 the past couple of years. Good, solid mouse, and the shape fits my hand size and claw grip really well. :)

Image_02.jpg

On 6/2/2020 at 10:44 PM, sivispacem said:

I'm a big fan of the Corsair M65 Elite.

corsair_gaming_m65_rgb_elite.jpg

I had the Pro which preceded it, and before that a succession of Roccat and SteelSeries.

The SteelSeries were pretty good all round, but as they became a bigger brand quality took a dip and they were always pretty expensive for what they were

The Roccat stuff was downright awful in build quality, every single one I had broke within ~6 months. Never again.

Then I had a Perixx MX-200B; no-name Chinese thing that I got really cheap. Other than the friction coating wearing off, this was actually a pretty exceptional mouse. Great comfort, decent stability, nice weight and survived a good two years of pretty hefty abuse as my everyday mouse. This one eventually made it to my work PC before being retired and replaced with my old M65 Pro.

The M65 Pro was a great mouse with a couple of really annoying issues; one the way the weights were mounted (screwed into the plastic rather than the alu frame) meant that slightly over-tightening them immediately destroyed the threads. The "sniper" button was in a place that made it impossible to reach from a claw or hybrid grip without lifting the heel of your hand. Other than that, really comfy and great build quality. 

The Elite basically took everything that was wrong with the Pro and fixed it.

I don't remember if the Elite was a thing when I got my Pro but it still works like brand new almost two years later. Sensor is slightly more accurate than the Redragon I had before which was similarly priced and had stuck button issues that needed opening up after one year.

It doesn't look too gamer-ish which is why I like the design and it has all of the functionality that you would need for most games.

Edited by DEALUX

$GAIN | The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | AKG K612 Pro | Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | TOPPING A90 | TOPPING D90SE

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | SSD ADATA 256GB | Seagate 2TB 7200RPM

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ROCCAT Nyth.
1026769_0__8648266.jpg
Fully customizable and replaceable buttons as well as the right cheek for scoop and claw grip. You can make the mouse wider, pull buttons out and with the button library, you could 3d print your own side buttons.

Unfortunately, ROCCAT seemed to remove any mention of the button object library as the popularity of Nyth could hinder sales of new products. And this is why i'm restoring it on my own.
edit: nevermind, found it. https://de.roccat.org/Labs/3D

Edited by Polynoid

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't care less what bells and whistles a mouse might include. If it doesn't fit well...perfectly in your palm, it's not good. Nothing can replace functionality.

Another thing is durability. I have Logitech G400 and it's little bro G400s. If these die before me, I will consider the MX518 Legendary.

On 12/28/2020 at 7:24 PM, Graven said:

I couldn't care less what bells and whistles a mouse might include. If it doesn't fit well...perfectly in your palm, it's not good. Nothing can replace functionality.

Another thing is durability. I have Logitech G400 and it's little bro G400s. If these die before me, I will consider the MX518 Legendary.

True but I think I prefer a slightly bulkier mouse anyway. M65 fits the bill. I also prefer the Xbox gamepad over the PlayStation one.

$GAIN | The Audiophile Thread

XB271HU | AKG K612 Pro | Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | TOPPING A90 | TOPPING D90SE

i7 4790K 4.4 GHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB Crucial DDR3 | SSD ADATA 256GB | Seagate 2TB 7200RPM

Xbox | Xbox 360 | Xbox Series X | PS2

• 3 weeks later...

Logitech G Pro wireless, don't think i'll switch up mice for a while. I had G502 and still have the G903. I do find they are slightly big for my hands, though.

My mouse history from what I remember is basically Logitech MX1000 > Razer Deathadder (the original) > Logitech G502 Proteus, which is my current mouse and still going okay after about six and a half years, though it's feet are starting to wear.

Looking at a wireless mouse for my next but the pricing is bonkers, £120+ for something like a Deathadder, G502 or Basilisk wireless is pretty rough and they're the only ones that are ticking the boxes for what I want.

LRwsgmd.png