1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption deserves a remaster.

MostWantedMVP

I'm not talking about the xbox backwards compatibility, I'm talking about a fully fledged remaster and re-release of Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare.

This game deserves more love as it gets older and it would be an excellent idea to bring it to modern systems. Rockstar should do what 2K is doing with Mafia. Red Dead Redemption is such a beloved game and has a hugely devoted fanbase, I see this as a no-brainer.

Boxart design change - Red Dead Redemption - Giant Bomb

Outlaws to the End!

Edited by MostWantedMVP

TheLastOutlaw1911

I think it would be a huge success if it gets a remaster (or remake which I believe is more likely). It's just one of those things that makes sense like the game is not on pc and the only way to play it on ps4 is though ps now (and I hear that it's not good quality). I really hope it happens eventually🤞🙂. (also hope the same for undead nightmare)    

I have the feeling that it will have a remake for all platforms, especially because there is no pc version. Releasing RDR2 without its sequel is kinda weird. Also, T2 was very aggressive with that RDR1 port and in the files is stated repeatedly that such mods affects a possible pc release.

Plus, it's a shame to let a game like this forever dead on a dead platform.

• Like 2

Rdr2 didnt sell as well as GTA V. I'd put money on not seeing another game in the franchise. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pariah87 said:

Rdr2 didnt sell as well as GTA V. I'd put money on not seeing another game in the franchise. 

It still sold incredibly well even if not as well as GTA V , so i could see them making a new one tbh

• Like 1

billiejoearmstrong8
9 hours ago, pariah87 said:

They never would've expected it to, nothing they make is going to have the mass appeal that GTA has. A western period piece was always going to be a bit more niche. They knew it going in, it's still an incredibly successful and profitable game and well worth their while. They can do both and have both GTA and Red Dead bucks rolling in.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 2

I felt early on after the release of RDR  that R* wasnt too confident on if it was gonna sell consistently. I mean a western game?  It was really a toss up at first, but I still remember joining my first free roam at mcfarlanes ranch riding that donkey. 

So there are rumours on 4chan that remake on RDR2 engine is in development. I hope this turns out true.

Edited by Kubigz
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 6:41 AM, pariah87 said:

RDR2 sold more copies than The Witcher 3 and Skyrim. If this is not selling well I don't know what is.

• Like 2

Imagine if it's a remake in RDR2, and after finishing RDR2's story, you play in Beecher's Hope for a bit before you get a knock on your door by the bureau, starting the RDR1 story and creating a campaign 200 hours long

Yeah, so I read the rumours from a supposed leaker that says RDR1 is being remastered for PS5 and XSX due to release in Q1/Q2 in 2021. RDR still looks beautiful today. I think it would be great if they remaster it, give it a little facelift if they can. I would be superb to have both games running for next gen. 

I enjoy remasters as they basically are curating the art, and making it work on modern technology. RDR is a pivotal game in gaming history as is RDR2. I would like to see RDR2 remastered in the future so in 10 or 15 years time I can experience it again. 

Overral, I prefer new games. New games will come. But it's exciting to think I can play RDR2 and then RDR1 on a XSX, probably at 4K, 60fps. If we are lucky (probably will never happen), we get RDR3 at the end of the console cycle in 7 years time. Would be nice to have the Rockstar triology of Red Dead games during one generation. 

Edit: Having said that. I'm going to play it on Series X, so it will get a face-lift all ready.

Edited by Mister Pink

8 hours ago, TheFranchise said:

So according to the article, there's six Rockstar games pending on the PS5 and Xbox Series X? That's a real finger-crosser of hope heh. But who knows? Thanks for the article sharing though :) 

I think a good remake should not be of Red Dead Redemption because it is still fairly new for the HD universe when you really think about it. A better approach would to remake one of the classics. Possibly Red Dead Revolver 

Oh, no doubt it does. RDR 1 with HD graphics and a few new conversations which would work Arthur and other unmentioned characters from the sequel into the game's lore would be a-mazing! I'd pay full price for that without hesitation.

I wouldn't want a remaster that is just the same game with better textures and lighting. I'd much prefer a straight-up remake using the updated mechanics of RDR2.

Edited by Lock n' Stock
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 2:11 PM, Bakamomo said:

A remake should include outfit customization and a big portion of the online clothes.

Nah, I 100% disagree. Unless R* makes the original outfits available as uneditable outfits like the role outfits in Red Dead Online, they'd end up looking ugly and bland. Remember the Cowboy and Rancher outfits at the end of Red Dead 2? Giving the player choice to edit those outfits freely comes at a cost, they have to make the components work with other components, which leads to them not resembling the original look. We can't have the open rancher vest anymore because Rockstar couldn't be bothered creating a model of every shirt in the game to work correctly with it.

Red_hot_redemption

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm never too bothered about these remakes of games, I always think games are a product of their time and grapically look perfect the way they are, what I do like is the increased resolution or whatever they do to the PS2 classics on PS4 and the 4K patch on one X. Red Dead Redemption is one of my favourite games however playing it on PS3 or 360 the jaggies really ruin it, so when I heard they had a patch on the One X it was exactly what I wanted. Same game that I always played, same graphics just no jaggies, better resolution and a cleaner image. A Red Dead remake in Red Dead 2 graphics just wouldn't be Red Dead to me. Same applies for Vice City, playing on the PS2 it does not suit a modern HD TV, so the release on PS4 is again exactly what I wanted. Same graphics just better clarity. I have no interest in these youtube videos that mod Vice City into GTA V, to me thats not Vice City it just doesn't look right, saying that it would be nice if vice city on the PS4 ran a bit better and reduced the pop in, but for me it's the best way to play the games I want to play. I am hoping we will one day see the same 4K patch for GTA IV on the new Series X. It is another game that graphically it is perfect however it is just so blurry and way to many jaggies.

• Like 4

Going to agree with you. People always complain about remakes or remasters saying "It takes time and effort away from new games!" But here's the thing, we know Rockstar has multiple studios, and in the past when they weren't collaborating with each other, they could independently work on multiple games. We also know that with GTAO and RDO, they dedicated a small team of people to develop and put out updates. Meanwhile, the rest of the company is working on whatever.

Concerning a remake or remaster, where all the writing is already done, all the mission design is complete, art, mechanics etc. A large majority is already done. It's not hard to believe they could have a branch, or portion of one of their branches, working on something like this. Yet everyone acts like a remake or remaster would require the focus and effort of the entire company, equivalent of developing a brand new game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
StuntMaster100
24 minutes ago, GRANDHEIST said:

it is coming

major work is already done (old map imported to RDR2)

there are no rumors of an rdr remaster so far.

On 2/12/2021 at 3:32 PM, GRANDHEIST said:

it is coming

major work is already done (old map imported to RDR2)

I'll believe when I see it. This is being roaming around for like 2 years already.

Edited by kubon352

IDK but seeing the RDR1 map being empty in RDR2 makes me think that there will be an expansion or another game filling that gap up in the RDR2 game...

• 2 weeks later...
Shockwave_NewOrder

RDR1 remaster should have been released on ps4/xbox one/windows before RDR2 was announced. To make people exited for RDR2. And make some more money offcourse. They should have remastered GTA4 too but that is for a different topic.

Remaster would be nice, but a remake with new content in RDR2's map? Even better. Imagine more missions in New Hannover, Lemoyne etc. Perhaps a step too far but would be amazing. 

Edited by GinsengElixir