1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

the GTA game with the worst police system ?

Ahmedmfroezspeed

Ahmedmfroezspeed

which one of all the GTA games had the worst police system

well,in all the GTA games,the police system was bad

but it's nothing compared to LCS and VCS

because the police system in both of these games is a TRAIN WRECK

seriously, if you don't believe that GTA VCS's police system is awful

then get 5 stars,and drive around, and i hope you get to the pay n spray after that alive...

how about you guys ?

which GTA game had the worst police system

• Like 1
Americana

Umm, 2D and 3D Era Grand Theft Auto games. I just... can't stand them.

When it comes to Grand Theft Auto V - I know it's seen as the worst by many, but I actually enjoy it. I would enjoy it even more had Rockstar not made the police so hostile...

billiejoearmstrong8
On 5/24/2020 at 1:03 AM, Americana said:

When it comes to Grand Theft Auto V - I know it's seen as the worst by many, but I actually enjoy it. I would enjoy it even more had Rockstar not made the police so hostile...

Although the issue of the police being overly hostile and the way they shoot/chase you feeling fake and predictable in V is bad, my main issue is how tediously easy it is to get a wanted level and how tediously long it takes to lose it. You can hardly do a thing before that first star is there (soon to be followed by a second moments later) and then waiting for the wanted level to expire once you've escaped/hidden takes ages. If you've been playing IV and then return to V it's unbelievable how long it takes by comparison, just a boring waste of time that puts you off trying to have fun in freeroam. In IV you can even continue committing crime while waiting for a wanted level to go as long as you're out of the wanted circle and not seen, and police don't magically know exactly where you are or constantly spawn in front of you so that's actually possible, in V your only option is waiting it out doing nothing. Instead of random patrolling cops on the streets that allow for unpredictable situations and sometimes being lucky getting away with a lot if they don't see/hear you there's invisible psychic cops and every ped is a snitch, so everything is predictable and you can't get away with anything. I can't believe the people who designed this system played it and found it fun/an improvement.

If I actively want a high wanted level with lots of police after me it can be a lot of fun, like finding a good vantage point for a shootout or making a break for it and trying to survive as long as possible with insane amounts of law enforcement after me is cool. But just doing minor amounts of crime without things escalating to high wanted levels, not having to spend ages losing the cops just for say having a fist fight with two people or winding a security guard up or standing near someone too long, is made almost impossible by this system. Your choices are all or nothing. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 7
Ahmedmfroezspeed
4 hours ago, cluckinbell12 said:

GTA V. Look at them for too long and they give you a wanted level.

hey,at least it's better than the 3d era

where if you accidently crash into them, they get triggered after you...

JetNormalGuy

I like GTA V's, I suggest to everybody to try and do a 5 star car chase, just gives me the thrills to drive past a barage of police cars and dropping a sticky bomb before bolting and blowing them up, plus its pretty challenging to fight off because the V protagonists have less health compared to all the other GTA protagonists.

GTA IV's is fun when you are on foot because the shooting mechanics are better in that game IMO, but jump in a car and it becomes a sh*t show. And there is the small little detail of what law enforcements come depnding on your weapons

for example, you get the N.O.O.S.E if you have tier 2 guns, and you get the feds if you got tier 1 guns.

GTA SA's one is pretty boring compared to the others, there is barely any cops spawning when you are driving fast in a car or bike, and the polive who spawn on foot all spawn in the same group and you can practically control their spawn with the right camera angle, cars can be dealt with with ease.

Now for my personal favorites, the III/VC/VCS/LCS are my personal favorites since they are the most hectic of them all, car chases are very intense since the cops are trying to ram you like raging bulls and they are pretty agressive, even tho going on foot without any cover gets you shredded,its still lots of fun to fight them.

• Like 4
El Penguin Bobo
On 5/23/2020 at 6:54 PM, Ahmedmfroezspeed said:

well,in all the GTA games,the police system was bad

but it's nothing compared to LCS and VCS

Don't LCS and VCS have the same police system as every other 3D era game?

On topic though, while V does have overpowered cops to the point where they're almost like aimbots, it's usually kinda fun trying to fight the cops. I both love and hate the system in V.

The 3D era cops are outdated however, if you have 2 stars or above, it's impossible to escape them without using the Pay N Spray, as cops will always spawn everywhere.

• Like 1
Algonquin Assassin

3D era wanted system is incredibly outdated and illogical while GTA V's wanted system has some good ideas on paper like the search cone, but is let down by over the top aggressiveness and inconsistency from the A.I.

• Like 5
B Dawg

+ various other issues like how easy it is to get a wanted level (how little you have to do to get one, like just ram a single pedestrians, or you can get one from doing literally nothing and how long it takes to lose wanted levels).

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 7
DownInThePMs

conversely i thought chinatown wars had the best wanted level system. gta 6 should implement that kind of system together with a burnout danger cam style mechanic that closes up on the cop car that you just totalled before you lose a wanted level.

• Like 5
Ahmedmfroezspeed
10 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Don't LCS and VCS have the same police system as every other 3D era game?

yeah,but the police system in VCS is worse,since cops can do drive-by with their sub machine guns

meaning that the FBI guys can do drive bys

and what's EVEN WORSE, they shoot much faster,in contrast to San Andreas's Drive By system

Lioshenka

GTA IV and V, but for different reasons.

GTA V because it's pointless and annoying. You get cops after you for anything (standing next to someone for instance). But you can also lose them by hopping on a train or driving to the hills.

GTA IV was just a bit annoying because they were too difficult to shake off. Narrow streets with dense traffic don't make for an enjoyable getaway if you don't fancy a chase.

gtafaninwest

I'd say the 3D Universe, especially in GTA III. Cops won't even lift a finger if a NPC attacks the player.

JetNormalGuy
4 hours ago, gtafaninwest said:

I'd say the 3D Universe, especially in GTA III. Cops won't even lift a finger if a NPC attacks the player.

Yep, all the 3D era cops won't aggro on other peds unless they are the ones who get provocked. and this is a thing GTA IV did really good since they ACTUALLY arrest the NPC who are seen breaking the law as opposed to V's cops just shooting them.

11 hours ago, Ahmedmfroezspeed said:

yeah,but the police system in VCS is worse,since cops can do drive-by with their sub machine guns

meaning that the FBI guys can do drive bys

and what's EVEN WORSE, they shoot much faster,in contrast to San Andreas's Drive By system

Its not really related to the police systembut more to the feature of NPC being able to do drive-by's but yeah, the FBI just shredds your car and blows it up.

• Like 3
Ahmedmfroezspeed
12 hours ago, gtafaninwest said:

hey, at least 3 has a replay glitch that shakes off the police

save a replay in a police bribe

and play the replay when you have stars

and voila,police shaken off your radar

• Like 2
Officer Ronson
On 5/26/2020 at 4:37 AM, B Dawg said:

+ various other issues like how easy it is to get a wanted level (how little you have to do to get one, like just ram a single pedestrians, or you can get one from doing literally nothing and how long it takes to lose wanted levels).

This guy is talking like he hasn't seen any of the cops vs anything shootouts in San Andreas. 

• KEKW 1
Ahmedmfroezspeed
On 5/27/2020 at 1:02 AM, JetNormalGuy said:

Yep, all the 3D era cops won't aggro on other peds unless they are the ones who get provocked. and this is a thing GTA IV did really good since they ACTUALLY arrest the NPC who are seen breaking the law as opposed to V's cops just shooting them.

Its not really related to the police systembut more to the feature of NPC being able to do drive-by's but yeah, the FBI just shredds your car and blows it up.

and to make matters worse,all cops in 3d era have aimbot...so if any drive bys happen on you -VCS especially- 

you're pretty much screwed

• 4 weeks later...
Willard500

For me is III, They run into you, and they blame you for it.
Maybe GTA V aswell the cops keep spawning infront of you

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
Americana

Also, cop in Vice City has such an annoying smug face.

Thelema93

Vs. annoying and over the top. Plus they lack the humour of earlier entries.. 

• Like 1
Bigglo145

Vs cops are the worst for many of the reasons others said. They actually crash into ME alot when i play online which is why i get wanted levels when im doing something which is annoying. And theres no foot chases, which was very fun in previous games, they just straight up gun you down every time. And they spawn in front of you when you have a wanted level, there’s no way you can escape that 

Evil empire

Having played 3, Vice City and San Andreas I choose Vice City because the police is overpowered and never raises any finger to help you.

• Like 1
E Revere

I've always despised the ones in III and VC due to how any star higher than 2 makes the cops drive like maniacs and endlessly suicide-ram into you, making driving away from them a complete pain. GTA V's is also there on the spot. It takes too long for the police to fade away. It's like you need to wait forever in a shadowy area.

• Like 1
Copcaller

Gta V annoying over aggressive ai that takes too long to despawn and will attack you for literally saying hello or standing around them. 

elmerglu4

I feel like GTA 5 cops are terrible. When I get 1 star and just drive and do nothing they give me 2 stars for “evading arrest” it’s annoying.