4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[IV] ZolikaPatch

Zolika1351

therottenheart

I can't get it to work. I can't even open the game, no crashes or anything, i just double click the .exe and nothing happens. (Patch 1.0.0.7)
Edit: fixed, had to disable RemoveGFWLUpdatePopup and RemoveUselessChecks

Edited by therottenheart

Released v4.1
Fixed TryToSkipAllErrors not working on patch 4
Added BikeFeetFix to implement the TLAD-exclusive foot position fix for chopper bikes (patch 5+)
Fixed APCCannonSupport and ExplosiveShotgunSupport sometimes not working
Renamed APCCannonSupport to APCSupport
Added full APC support for all episodes (previously only had the cannon, now has invincible wheels, disabled driveby, working lights, etc.)
Added HighQualityReflections option to reflect all map objects at full quality (including objects such as benches, street lamps, etc.)
Added RemoveBoundingBoxCulling to help reduce culling with HighQualityReflections on (shouldn't be noticeable in actual gameplay but if it is then this option can be used)

Untitled.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

With all those recent graphics improvements I think it's time to make a separate plugin ZolikaGFX...

RemoveUselessChecks=1 also doesn't allow the 1040 game to start at all, shows stopped working error just a few seconds after clicking on launchgtaiv.exe

DualVehicleHeadlights=1 is bugged on patch 4, making dynamic shadows flicker from left or right headlight, but not showing together.

CarDynamicShadowFix=1 on patch 4 now completely disables headlights dynamic shadows on peds and lampposts, should only not enable headlight dynamic shadows on vehicles, right?

Since you've added a lot of unstable experimental features, I think it will be really good to separate graphics from other general fixes

Edited by Marsi4eg

4 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

Added HighQualityReflections option to reflect all map objects at full quality (including objects such as benches, street lamps, etc.)
Added RemoveBoundingBoxCulling to help reduce culling with HighQualityReflections on (shouldn't be noticeable in actual gameplay but if it is then this option can be used)

1.0.7.0 + DXVK.

First option makes a huge FPS hit. The second does as well, stutters and crashes after 5-10 minutes of gameplay.

TWIST_OF_HATE
5 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

DualVehicleHeadlights=1 is bugged on patch 4, making dynamic shadows flicker from left or right headlight, but not showing together.

iirc, I did not see such option in ini at all

9 hours ago, TWIST_OF_HATE said:

iirc, I did not see such option in ini at all

Released v4.0
Added DualVehicleHeadlights to make both car headlights have individual lights instead of one combined one

maybe you miss something

22 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

With all those recent graphics improvements I think it's time to make a separate plugin ZolikaGFX...

RemoveUselessChecks=1 also doesn't allow the 1040 game to start at all, shows stopped working error just a few seconds after clicking on launchgtaiv.exe

CarDynamicShadowFix=1 on patch 4 now completely disables headlights dynamic shadows on peds and lampposts, should only not enable headlight dynamic shadows on vehicles, right?

Since you've added a lot of unstable experimental features, I think it will be really good to separate graphics from other general fixes

RemoveUselessChecks seems like a person by person issue, I myself have tested it with patch 4, 7 and 8 and it works fine on all 3, not sure about dual headlights though

CarDynamicShadowFix should be disabling all headlight dynamic shadows, there's no way to only disable specific object types

Edited by Zolika1351

On 11/22/2020 at 8:19 PM, Marsi4eg said:

I think it will be really good to separate graphics from other general fixes

+1

Some settings are way not too obvious and should be used with caution.

BTW, from other topic

On 12/25/2019 at 11:59 PM, sh30g0r4d said:

do you think it could be possible to restore the "fog drawing distance" to all objets like in the console and the firsts gta IV versions on pc ?

For some reasons rockstar removed it on patch 1.0.4.0 on pc and left it only for small details, it used to be a cool filter for those who play with low draw and details distance values because it made the models switching from low to high detail much less distracting

I kind of tried to restore it on EFLC with the shader files of the first version of gta 4 but then many small objects are not affected by shadows anymore when being "drawn in" until they are fully drawn and trees cast a corrupted shadow, the shaders i used from the first IV PC version to restore the fog draw distance are gta_default.fxc, gta_normal.fxc, gta_normal_spec.fxc, gta_spec.fxc, gta_spec_decal.fxc and gta_trees.fxc, i uploaded these files if this can help somehow

https://gofile.io/?c=rudb1F

Can you take a look at it please? That fog is actually a very interesting detail.

Released v4.3

Added BuildingAlphaFix to re-add the pre-1060 fade-in for buildings when they change LOD

also forgot to put the changelog for v4.2 here:
Fixed DualVehicleHeadlights not always casting double shadows
Increased stability of HighQualityReflections option

6 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

Added BuildingAlphaFix to re-add the pre-1060 fade-in for buildings when they change LOD

This is sooo beautiful!!! Thank you so much for fixing this! The game now can be played with console settings with barely noticeable pop-ins. I love you man!

Released v4.4
Added HighFPSSpeedupFix to fix the speedup above 300FPS

EDIT: Released v4.5
Added HighFPSBikePhysicsFix to fix bikes sliding more above ~80FPS

Edited by Zolika1351

On 11/24/2020 at 7:17 PM, Zolika1351 said:

Released v4.3

if only tree's lod and vegetation could have this back too this would be just perfect

Released v4.6
Added BadPlayerModelCrashFix to fix crash when another player switches to a non-ped playermodel
Added FreezeCarFix to fix others spawning mismatched car types crashing in MP

5 hours ago, sh30g0r4d said:

if only tree's lod and vegetation could have this back too this would be just perfect

+100!!! This would be so good!

Unfortunately I have to report that at least two of the latest versions of the patch have a problem.

Night Shadows - ON

CarDynamicShadowFix=1

ForceCarHeadlightShadows=1 

DualVehicleHeadlights=1

make emitting headlight light broken and also the bug below comes back with it too.

CarDynamicShadowFix=0

DualVehicleHeadlights=1

make things better but the bug below will still be there even with Night Shadows - OFF.

The bug below doesnt happen with

CarDynamicShadowFix=1

ForceCarHeadlightShadows=0

On 10/31/2020 at 11:36 AM, Marsi4eg said:

4d1111556eed.gif

Edited by uncaged

On 11/30/2020 at 1:08 AM, uncaged said:

Unfortunately I have to report that at least two of the latest versions of the patch have a problem.

Night Shadows - ON

CarDynamicShadowFix=1

DualVehicleHeadlights=1

make emitting headlight light broken and also the bug below comes back with it too.

CarDynamicShadowFix=0

DualVehicleHeadlights=1

make things better but the bug below will still be there even with Night Shadows - OFF.

The bug below doesnt happen with

CarDynamicShadowFix=1

ForceCarHeadlightShadows=0

It's impossible to have both dual headlights and car dynamic shadow fix on with headlight shadows, and force headlight shadows should only be used with car dynamic shadow fix

Edited by Zolika1351

Now for some reason this plugin hurts my game's performance sometimes specially during rainy weather, drops from 60fps to 40 fps, but when i play without it my game has constant 60 fps, is it just me?

Edited by GJGamingBro

12 hours ago, GJGamingBro said:

Now for some reason this plugin hurts my game's performance sometimes specially during rainy weather, drops from 60fps to 40 fps, but when i play without it my game has constant 60 fps, is it just me?

Now actually, after using this game performance is hurted so bad if shadows are on.

Eg: Everything is High except Distance Sliders which are 30, whenever shadows are on FPS drops from 55-60FPS to 15FPS or lower.

Having an 8GB RAM, i5 - 6th Gen, Nvidia GTX 1080 2GB

7 hours ago, BOSSSSS-GG said:

Now actually, after using this game performance is hurted so bad if shadows are on.

Eg: Everything is High except Distance Sliders which are 30, whenever shadows are on FPS drops from 55-60FPS to 15FPS or lower.

Having an 8GB RAM, i5 - 6th Gen, Nvidia GTX 1080 2GB

i have all maxed out and i have 32gb ram, i9 9th gen and Nvidia RTX 2080TI, so yeah i hope it gets fixed cause this patch has all the good features now.

This patch also is no longer compatible with JulioNIB's Char switch, causes huge lag during switch.

Edited by GJGamingBro

Released v4.9
Added IncreaseWTDLimit to increase limit of .wtd files
Fixed IncreaseVehicleModelLimit breaking driveby

7 hours ago, GJGamingBro said:

i have all maxed out and i have 32gb ram, i9 9th gen and Nvidia RTX 2080TI, so yeah i hope it gets fixed cause this patch has all the good features now.

This patch also is no longer compatible with JulioNIB's Char switch, causes huge lag during switch.

just turn off the shadow and reflection stuff

14 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

just turn off the shadow and reflection stuff

i hope you're joking :D

Edited by GJGamingBro

Hey guys, sadly my game doesn't start with this alongside fusion fix. Does this make fusion fix obsolete? Thank you

If this plugin could provide FPS limiter in the future - then FusionFix would be obsolete.

Many fixes are the same though, so if you try to use both plugins together, you have to check every option - does it cause conflicts

I can limit FPS with nvidia, thats least of my worries. Thanks. I guess I'll try zolika instead of fusion fix then.

33 minutes ago, lolleroz said:

Hey guys, sadly my game doesn't start with this alongside fusion fix. Does this make fusion fix obsolete? Thank you

Put Zolika patch .asi and .ini in plugin folder

Do I understand the ending of the first post correctly? there's no way to get this to work on complete edition? since no matter what I do in the ini my game just won't start with this.