1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[IV] ZolikaPatch

Zolika1351

4 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

Multiple PCs* They're tied to PCs, not accounts ūüėõ

Well that too. Only bringing it up because I was surprised when it recently worked on a fully new computer and account. but maybe it's just tied to one at a time

That's exactly how legacy GFWL keys work - a list of GFWL titles that can be activated on multiple accounts and multiple PCs using keys of each other, or using only one key to activate all of them. These are mostly the games released before 2010 (excluding Dirt2 and Section 8 from 2009). But these keys are limited to 15-20 activations. Newer titles (2010+) all have SSA key system and get linked to only one account and respective game it comes with.

Edited by Marsi4eg

• 2 weeks later...

Released v3.3 to fix crash message/crash character method (the other method used by Modna)

• Like 2

Released v3.4
VSync fix no longer does anything on patch 4 (previously did nothing but also messed up load times)
Added IncreaseObjectLimit to increase the Objects pool if required
Added CarDynamicShadowFix for re-enabling car shadows from lampposts, helicopter spotlights and the Booth Tunnel (has a performance hit)
Added CarPartsShadowFix for dynamic/night shadows cast by detached car parts
Added AlwaysUsePedDrawingForPlayerModel for Niko protection (install my Niko ped mod with the name player, remove player.wtd, wft and wbs from playerped.rpf and then enable this option for it to work)

To fix headlight cones clipping into the car model with CarDynamicShadowFix on, add an entry in the .ini [HeadlightConeOffsets] section for it and tweak its offset until it doesn't happen

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Zolika1351

3 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

"SkipLauncher" is incompatible with 1040, just info

It's supposed to work if you just have rgsc running but are using the ce->1070/1080 downgrade launch/playgtaiv launcher

32 minutes ago, Zolika1351 said:

It's supposed to work if you just have rgsc running but are using the ce->1070/1080 downgrade launch/playgtaiv launcher

It actually launches the game together with the rgsc login prompt, but for some reason the game opens in small window, or in fullscreen with minimal resolution, but immidiately gets minimized and gets stuck. Weird. but anyway I'm used to launch it as usual, no need to fix this, I just had investigated options.

And, while you're posting some updates again, I'll try to ask about this flickering lights issue again

Is it impossible to fix? It's related on draw distance somehow, If it's lower than ~30 it's ok, if higher - the flickering begins here and there at night.

Edited by Marsi4eg

6 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

It actually launches the game together with the rgsc login prompt, but for some reason the game opens in small window, or in fullscreen with minimal resolution, but immidiately gets minimized and gets stuck. Weird. but anyway I'm used to launch it as usual, no need to fix this, I just had investigated options.

And, while you're posting some updates again, I'll try to ask about this flickering lights issue again

Is it impossible to fix? It's related on draw distance somehow, If it's lower than ~30 it's ok, if higher - the flickering begins here and there at night.

From what I've seen it's a problem with the game only having a fixed amount of those lights available (768) and it'd be pretty tricky to increase that as it's a ton of static size arrays

EDIT: Released v3.5
Added ReversingLightFix to fix reverse lights being cast in the middle of a car's hood
Fixed crash if CarDynamicShadowFix is enabled without CarPartsShadowFix

Edited by Zolika1351
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

From what I've seen it's a problem with the game only having a fixed amount of those lights available (768) and it'd be pretty tricky to increase that as it's a ton of static size arrays

Well at least thank you for the answer, you're the only who didn't ignore this question.

P.S. crash fix is fast, I have the game crashed recently after hitting some other car in traffic with both options enabled, but had no time to figure out what happened exactly

For some reason the game somtimes crashes (happened twice in the areas around the Booth tunnel) with CarDynamicShadowFix and CarPartsShadowFix enabled together. It doesn't give any error, just "Stopped working". Game never ever crashed until v3.4

I use 1040.

Also with CarDynamicShadowFix enabled, if you break only one of headlights of the car - the light beam disappears completely, like when you break both headlights.

4d1111556eed.gif

Edited by Marsi4eg

On 10/31/2020 at 10:36 AM, Marsi4eg said:

For some reason the game somtimes crashes (happened twice in the areas around the Booth tunnel) with CarDynamicShadowFix and CarPartsShadowFix enabled together. It doesn't give any error, just "Stopped working". Game never ever crashed until v3.4

I use 1040.

Also with CarDynamicShadowFix enabled, if you break only one of headlights of the car - the light beam disappears completely, like when you break both headlights.

4d1111556eed.gif

Light beam's a temporary issue until I can figure out how to offset the single light's position, I'll fix it afterwards

Just in case, there's an annoying behavior of GTA IV base game: if you have savegames from TLAD or TBOGT but don't have them as DLCs for the base game (standalone EFLC setup) - the base game will anyway try to load dlc saves if their dates are newer, then fail and will start a new game everytime.

It would be nice to have an option to force the base GTA IV to load only base game save files

P.S. 1040 just starts a new game in that case, without showing an error because it wasn't DLC-ready yet

Edited by Marsi4eg

This happened even on consoles. But anyway, who does not have EFLC as DLC yet? And if so, why?

Edited by Kubigz

I know that it happens on consoles, but that doesn't mean that it could not be fixed.

Even if you have episodes as DLCs, according this logic if the last save was from TBOGT/TLAD, it will force loading episode first and then manually load base game save.

Base game should only load base game saves

Episodes do this correctly. If you press TLAD it doesn't load TBOGT's save even if it's newer

This doesn't happen if you have EFLC as DLC, because there's real selection menu, where you choose which story to load.

Edited by Kubigz

OK, but even if so, I'm on 1040 and it doesn't support DLCs. I don't like 1070/1080 lighting bugs and stuttering. 1040 is perfectly smooth

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[SOLVED]

Hi there! What could probably cause it? Using 3.5 on 1.0.7.0

It just crashes at launch.

I am not sure what exact info may be required (

Edited by uncaged

Released v3.6

Reworked Car Shadow Fix to have much less of a performance hit (if this method is inferior in any way, setting it to 0 and instead adding CarDynamicShadowFixOld=1 into the ini restores the previous method)

Added option to fix shadows not being cast by certain objects (e.g. bollards in Star Junction)

unknown.png

[SOLVED]

Hello! Turned out that it crashes Xliveless. The patch itself works great especially with DXVK. Can you please make the patch compatible with Xliveless? It has few very handy options, would be awesome to use them both.

Edited by uncaged

It is compatible with XLiveless. Make sure all GFWL related options are disabled in the configuration file or that you don't have the same options turned on in both mods (like Borderless) @uncaged

Edited by B Dawg

31 minutes ago, B Dawg said:

It is compatible with XLiveless. Make sure all GFWL related options are disabled in the configuration file or that you don't have the same options turned on in both mods (like Borderless) @uncaged

You are right! Thank you so much!

Released v3.7

Fixed components/clothes switching for Niko as ped

Released v3.8
Disabled car headlight shadows with CarDynamicShadowFix on to prevent clipping issues
Added ForceCarHeadlightShadows option to force car headlights to cast shadows even with the dynamic shadow fix enabled
Added RemoveStaticCutsceneCarShadows to remove static shadows from vehicles in cutscenes
Fixed RemoveStaticCarShadows breaking extras and other ide flags
Added ForceDynamicShadowsEverywhere to enable dynamic shadows on all lights (e.g. hotdog stands, also fixes Booth Tunnel shadows only working for every 2nd light)

unknown.png

I like those dynamic shadows, but they are taxing as fuk (go to Meadows Park fountains with the globe at 20:00) and on 1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0 flicker while rotating camera even with the experimental version of Fusion Fix that tried to fix them. Also shadows casted by some polls are weirdly twisted, kinda doubling.

But enabling dynamic shados on everything looks stunning!

Edited by uncaged

Released v3.9
Added BuildingDynamicShadows to enable night shadows for buildings and other static objects
Added InfiniteCarBottomDistance to remove the draw distance from static vehicle shadows

unknown.png

Released v4.0
Added DualVehicleHeadlights to make both car headlights have individual lights instead of one combined one
Added BetterMPSync to make sync more accurate when players are far away
Added MPNikoCrashFix to fix crash when another player switches off Niko
Added RemoveUselessChecks for a potential performance boost (patch 4, 7 & 8 only)

unknown.png

• Like 4

Well apparently the "useless checks" aren't so useless as it causes the game to not launch for me on patch 7.

4 hours ago, zanesix said:

Well apparently the "useless checks" aren't so useless as it causes the game to not launch for me on patch 7.

I'm gonna need an xliveless crash dump as I've tested it on patch 4, 7 and 8 and it works fine

18 hours ago, zanesix said:

1.0.7.0, RemoveUselessChecks=1 works fine here.