4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[IV] ZolikaPatch

Zolika1351

On 9/13/2020 at 5:58 PM, Nico said:

Thanks! Do you install RGSC? Even though using RemoveRGSCLoginRequirement=1 in ZolikaPatch, the game wants Social Club installed...? Is this a 1.0.4.0 thing?

I'm running 1.0.7.0 which does not make use of RGSC like 1.0.4.0 does, so I can't really help you there.

And no one sings me lullabies, and no one makes me close my eyes.

CslLPae.png

So I throw the windows wide, and call to you across the sky.

2 hours ago, Rebdk said:

Thanks! Do you install RGSC? Even though using RemoveRGSCLoginRequirement=1 in ZolikaPatch, the game wants Social Club installed...? Is this a 1.0.4.0 thing?

Yes, 1.0.4.0 requires Social Club app to be installed, but you can just pass login and go offline in it, this patch will make your game think that you're logged in. Multiplayer works in 1.0.4.0 (but only with other players being also on 1.0.4.0, it can't connect to 1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0 and vise versa)

@Zolika1351

What does actually VsyncFix fix? Especially in 1.0.4.0.

I've noticed a strange behavior of the game. On powerful PC (GTX970 4GB VRam/ 16 GB RAM) if I set this option to 1 - it makes the game load incredibly long, like when using some external vsync software (such as nvidia control panel).

Disabling this VsyncFix makes the game load fast again, and I can't notice any visual differences. It still shows 60 FPS. No tearing, etc. I know it's broken in 1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0 (limited to 56FPS) but is this fix necessary for 1.0.4.0?

Edited by Marsi4eg

9 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

@Zolika1351

What does actually VsyncFix fix? Especially in 1.0.4.0.

I've noticed a strange behavior of the game. On powerful PC (GTX970 4GB VRam/ 16 GB RAM) if I set this option to 1 - it makes the game load incredibly long, like when using some external vsync software (such as nvidia control panel).

Disabling this VsyncFix makes the game load fast again, and I can't notice any visual differences. It still shows 60 FPS. No tearing, etc. I know it's broken in 1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0 (limited to 56FPS) but is this fix necessary for 1.0.4.0?

Nope it should not be enabled for 1040

• 2 weeks later...

i can't launch the game at all with ZolikaPatch installed, i get Microsoft C++ Runtime Library Error telling me Assertion failed! Program: ...\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\plugins\ZolikaPatch.asi
File:d:\steam\steamapps\content\app_1221...\hooking...terns.h

Expression:m_matches.size() == expected

For information on how your program can cause assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
                                                                                    [Abort]     [Retry]    [Ignore]
i'm running patch 1.0.7.0 with xliveless. any help is appreciated.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:01 PM, GJGamingBro said:

i can't launch the game at all with ZolikaPatch installed, i get Microsoft C++ Runtime Library Error telling me Assertion failed! Program: ...\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV\plugins\ZolikaPatch.asi
File:d:\steam\steamapps\content\app_1221...\hooking...terns.h

Expression:m_matches.size() == expected

For information on how your program can cause assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
                                                                                    [Abort]     [Retry]    [Ignore]
i'm running patch 1.0.7.0 with xliveless. any help is appreciated.

Last time someone reported this it was caused by conflicts with XlivelessAddon, either remove that or disable MiscFixes in my .ini

4 hours ago, G.C.T. said:

@Zolika1351I have a suggestion. The pop-up lights IV was a great script. Would it be possible to add the Sliding doors script? This would be usual for vans/minivans.

This'd be a lot harder to do than popup lights as no existing IV car has anything similar that I could base my code off of

EDIT: Released v3.1 to fix certain instances of SMPA60 errors

Edited by Zolika1351
  • Like 3

alright, that got it working but i still couldn't get my TBOGT's Explosive shotgun and APC cannon to work, i have both options enabled and both weapons added into the game properly including sounds, is there anything else that must be done to get 'em to work? or are these options beta?.

10 hours ago, GJGamingBro said:

alright, that got it working but i still couldn't get my TBOGT's Explosive shotgun and APC cannon to work, i have both options enabled and both weapons added into the game properly including sounds, is there anything else that must be done to get 'em to work? or are these options beta?.

that's random , sometime it will work sometime it will not

Released v3.2 to improve the SMPA60 fix a bit and add an option to skip all error messages (either resulting in an actual crash that can be traced back or the game continuing to run fine)

• Like 2

Hey Zolika, any chance your patch could remove the ping limit which exists when trying to join a LAN game? I'm trying to make it all work over a tunnel so the ping is quite high considering that the game is expecting 1ms.

I second this. There is a mod for it already, but in our experience it has been incredibly unstable.

Just now, Fierelier said:

I second this. There is a mod for it already, but in our experience it has been incredibly unstable.

Is it that awfully weird Teknogods-thing, or is there anything else I've missed when googling this?

3 minutes ago, Kocane said:

Is it that awfully weird Teknogods-thing, or is there anything else I've missed when googling this?

Yup, it is.

I think you must have been pretty lucky to not get kicked constantly. I tried playing on LIVE with friends a while ago and we were incredibly lucky if we ever all got into one game. For most of us, it barely worked and it'd always time out. Teknogods tends to be way better when it comes to connection stability, but way worse with game stability. And now with the Steam version being f*cked, it's hard to have everyone activate their game and what have you. It's a mess.

Even implementing this ping extension would not solve all issues, because SecuROM activation is still required to even play the old patch with friends, and those keys are no longer being generated by the Steam release, as far as I'm aware.

Unless there is some online XLiveLess that I missed the train on? I feel like I have.

Edited by Fierelier

23 minutes ago, Fierelier said:

I think you must have been pretty lucky to not get kicked constantly. I tried playing on LIVE with friends a while ago and we were incredibly lucky if we ever all got into one game. For most of us, it barely worked and it'd always time out. Teknogods tends to be way better when it comes to connection stability, but way worse with game stability. And now with the Steam version being f*cked, it's hard to have everyone activate their game and what have you. It's a mess.

Even implementing this ping extension would not solve all issues, because SecuROM activation is still required to even play the old patch with friends, and those keys are no longer being generated by the Steam release, as far as I'm aware.

Unless there is some online XLiveLess that I missed the train on? I feel like I have.

Even with a hypothetical online xliveless it wouldn't work properly as what you're describing indicates you don't have any of the ports open (88 & 3074) 

Edited by Zolika1351

I can not open ports on my ISP-issued router, and buying a new device to open ports would be expensive and against TOS.

1 minute ago, Fierelier said:

I can not open ports on my ISP-issued router, and buying a new device to open ports would be expensive and against TOS.

I have never heard of a router that doesn't allow portforwarding

In Germany, ISPs hand out their routers for you to use. In the case of our ISP, they lock the firmware (no custom firmware possible) and remove port forwarding, so you buy their business plan. Buying your own router has only been possible since October of last year, as the government finally stepped in. See: Modemzwang

Edited by Fierelier

Wait... is it possible to play thru WAN/Live? I thought it was closed, partly because creating an "online account" gave me some trouble too.

So if I port forward 88 and 3074, I can play 1.0.4.0 thru Live even with mods and no social club?

1 minute ago, Kocane said:

Wait... is it possible to play thru WAN/Live? I thought it was closed, partly because creating an "online account" gave me some trouble too.

So if I port forward 88 and 3074, I can play 1.0.4.0 thru Live even with mods and no social club?

1.0.4.0 servers aren't compatible with 1.0.6.0 and up (which 99% of the mp community plays on) so you can only play with patch 4 users but otherwise yes

You can make a LIVE account on xbox.com - Or log in with your xbox account if you already have one.

I just gave it a go and was reminded of my first obstacle - my old account (we're talking 2009) which has the GWFL GTA4 key is long gone and it's not possible to get the keys via GTA4 Complete Edition on Steam. That's why I resorted to LAN which sadly proves to be a pain in the ass.

Get a GFWL key from another game (Kane & Lynch: Dead Men or Flatout Ultimate Carnage, there's currently a sale on Flatout Complete Pack, not sure about Kane & Lynch series). Alternatively, wait for GTA Connected which should be out one of these days (but won't have 1040 support).

Edited by B Dawg

Thanks for the tip and making me aware of GTA Connected, looks dope!

Edit: No source? Again? oof..

Edited by Fierelier

On 10/5/2020 at 3:35 AM, Kocane said:

I just gave it a go and was reminded of my first obstacle - my old account (we're talking 2009) which has the GWFL GTA4 key is long gone and it's not possible to get the keys via GTA4 Complete Edition on Steam. That's why I resorted to LAN which sadly proves to be a pain in the ass.

You mean your hardcopy key? Ive used the same key on multiple GFWL accounts. If you lost yours PM me

47 minutes ago, LCstuntman said:

You mean your hardcopy key? Ive used the same key on multiple GFWL accounts. If you lost yours PM me

Multiple PCs* They're tied to PCs, not accounts :P