4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[IV] ZolikaPatch

2 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

That's because you activate your game in the launcher after the first install (or if you did revoke previously) before the game starts.

Though there could be some other cases when user would have to enter the GFWL key inside the game.

the launcher has nothing to do with gfwl's key prompt

Edited by Zolika1351
4 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

That's because you activate your game in the launcher after the first install (or if you did revoke previously) before the game starts.

Though there could be some other cases when user would have to enter the GFWL key inside the game.

the second one was my case

19 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

the launcher has nothing to do with gfwl's key prompt

I can't agree with you. After you install the game and launch it for the first time on new PC - the launcher will ask you to write down your GFWL key and then press "Activate" button. This action somehow forces the game to not ask for a key but just to log in ingame. (Later this thing is also used to revoke when uninstalling the game)

But even if your key was expired in GFWL it still can be working to activate the game in the launcher - so you could then get an error of "exceeded activation limit please use another key" ingame and then the dialog window with key entering fields will appear. That is my case with this game. I used the key provided in my DVD box to activate many GFWL games with it so it got expired and now I use another compatible GFWL key for GTA IV (from EFLC box) but still use original key to activate it in the lauhcher on new PC.

2 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

I can't agree with you. After you install the game and launch it for the first time on new PC - the launcher will ask you to write down your GFWL key and then press "Activate" button. This action somehow forces the game to not ask for a key but just to log in ingame. (Later this thing is also used to revoke when uninstalling the game)

But even if your key was expired in GFWL it still can be working to activate the game in the launcher - so you could then get an error of "exceeded activation limit please use another key" ingame and then the dialog window with key entering fields will appear. That is my case with this game. I used the key provided in my DVD box to activate many GFWL games with it so it got expired and now I use another compatible GFWL key for GTA IV (from EFLC box) but still use original key to activate it in the lauhcher on new PC.

Isn't that SteamActivation.exe rather than the launcher?

8 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

Isn't that SteamActivation.exe rather than the launcher?

I speak about retail dvd version, not steam. That activation window appears when pressing default "LaunchGTAIV.exe". Maybe it's some other process that is being launched by launcher (huh) but it still somehow transfers activation data to GFWL

In TLAD there is serious issue that is present on all platforms, I believe. When you have too many fallen comrades, memorial wall in clubhouse is totally full. That breaks the game and when you try to reach second floor of the building, game freezes. I remember this happened also on console. Zolika, you think you could look into this?

Released v2.7 to remove gradual light intensity change for lampposts and building windows, instead instantly toggling along with their actual light source at 6:45 and 19:15

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

Released v2.7 to remove gradual light intensity change for lampposts and building windows, instead instantly toggling along with their actual light source at 6:45 and 19:15

those lights make my game lags, ty

Is it possible to fix flickering lights shadows on high draw distance values? I speak about that smooth light effect around lamps, lampposts, vehicle lights, trafficlights, etc. flicker so much.

I thought that 1.0.4.0 doesn't yet have this issue and it only appeared after 1.0.6.0 with new lighting system, but 1.0.4.0 also has this flickering bug.

ba16038f5ed2.gif

Edited by Marsi4eg

Released v2.8 to fix a random crash when flying planes and added a vehicles.ide flag for Hakumai's popup headlights to apply to any car (+popuplights)

• Like 2

Just came by to thank you for your work, especially making it compatible with 1.0.4.0. Recently wanted to play GTA4 again, this mod is a must if nothing else to fix the mouse deadzone bug.

I am however having issues with launching to play multiplayer.

I dont have GFWL installed and I switched to dsound.dll instead of xliveless, but I get this error upon launch:

onXGOJt.png

Any idea what to do? I need to play LAN multiplayer (1.0.4.0) with all me mods.  Do I really need to install GFWL?

9 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

Yes

Hm, alright. I managed to find some version of GFWL that actually succeeded in installing (it was larger in size so maybe an offline installer?).

Using dsound.dll I could start the game, ignore missing GFWL login and start a new game, which started out with Niko being dead on the docks and then game quickly crashed with gta iv fatal error wtv190.

Jesus man, is it impossible to have a LAN game in this game nowadays? Considered CitizenIV but that's for 1.0.7.0 only.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:17 PM, Thundersmacker said:

The popup headlights flag is a great addition. Is there any way to expand upon it and be able to adjust the amount of angle the light housing turns?

I could change it but only globally, I'm not sure where to put it as increasing the amount of vehicles.ide parameters would break a lot, I could do it if you have any ideas of where I could put the angle parameter

2 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

I could change it but only globally, I'm not sure where to put it as increasing the amount of vehicles.ide parameters would break a lot, I could do it if you have any ideas of where I could put the angle parameter

Would it be possible to put the value adjustment in the .ini file of your patch?

Edited by Thundersmacker
19 hours ago, Thundersmacker said:

Would it be possible to put the value adjustment in the .ini file of your patch?

Added a per-car setup into the .ini with v3.0

Also forgot to put the changelog of v2.9 up, I've increased the limit of vehOff and vehicles.ide lines from 205 to 1024

• Like 1

I'm just starting to use this patch. Until now I've always played offline with xliveless. I've installed GFWL and my game starts, but I just can't continue the savegame I started with xliveless. Can I continue it or I need to start over? Also, the game crashes when I start a new game. My copy is retail and I'm using the 1.0.7.0 patch.

1 hour ago, Kubigz said:

No, saves created with xliveless will never be compatible with those GFWL.

pretty sure they can be as long as you copy them to the gfwl folder AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_(numbers)

Edited by Zolika1351
4 hours ago, Kubigz said:

No, saves created with xliveless will never be compatible with those GFWL.

Well, I could confirm by myself this is not true at all.

I fixed my crashes with GFWL, I had to install the xLive redistributables and create an offline account just like I did over a decade ago. After that I copied my xliveless saves into the location Zolika mentioned and they do load. Only problem is that they seem to take longer to load than before, but that's not really an issue, as long as I can finally run the game with the ZolikaPatch working.

Edited by Nico
13 hours ago, Nico said:

Well, I could confirm by myself this is not true at all.

I fixed my crashes with GFWL, I had to install the xLive redistributables and create an offline account just like I did over a decade ago. After that I copied my xliveless saves into the location Zolika mentioned and they do load. Only problem is that they seem to take longer to load than before, but that's not really an issue, as long as I can finally run the game with the ZolikaPatch working.

Any chance you could share those files to get GFWL properly installed? Ain't having luck with the online installer, I can find.

Some ideas:

- add keybind for autosave

- bikes parked on safehouses parking lot are getting moved slightly to left or right once at a time. Sometimes this ends up in disappearing bikes from saving spot.