4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[IV] ZolikaPatch

Zolika1351

• 3 weeks later...
mrwallace

This is a neat mod. Something I'd love to see removed though is driver & passenger swaying. Like you could turn at 5 miles an hour and Niko and any passengers act like they're taking like 20 G's of fource lmao.

Claude_Lib

Mind if I ask, Zolika, are you strongly against seeing ZP running on CE or you just don't want to port it yourself?

• Like 2

Zolika1351
4 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

Mind if I ask, Zolika, are you strongly against seeing ZP running on CE or you just don't want to port it yourself?

CE deserves just as much modding as DE does (i.e.  none)

• Like 2

Claude_Lib

Unlike DE, CE had some actual effort put into it and it solves the biggest issue I've had with IV - GFWL. Yes, it now requires RGL, but so does V and I don't see people complaining about that.

• Like 2

catsmackaroo
7 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

Unlike DE, CE had some actual effort put into it and it solves the biggest issue I've had with IV - GFWL. Yes, it now requires RGL, but so does V and I don't see people complaining about that.

By downgrading you can have no GFWL and RGL 🤓

Also: 

The FAILURE Of The Rockstar Games Launcher and GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition Launch

Rockstar's Login System Is Special

Edited by catsmackaroo
  • Like 1

Zolika1351
On 1/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, Claude_Lib said:

Not it did not, they barely managed to push a functioning update out after rollbacks and to this day it still has random DirectX reset errors and no MP

Claude_Lib
2 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

it still has random DirectX reset errors

Never had those in my experience. As a counterexample, 1.0.7.0 has issues with over 2 gigs of VRAM and broken V-Sync, but you fixed them instead of telling everyone to move to 1.0.8.0.

2 hours ago, Zolika1351 said:

no MP

I bet you play via Connected, not Live.

Edited by Claude_Lib

Zolika1351
1 hour ago, Claude_Lib said:

Never had those in my experience. As a counterexample, 1.0.7.0 has issues with over 2 gigs of VRAM and broken V-Sync, but you fixed them instead of telling everyone to move to 1.0.8.0.

I bet you play via Connected, not Live.

Wrong on both counts, I constantly tell people to move to 1.0.8.0 if they have VRAM issues and I've played plenty of GFWL in the past months, specifically (bad attempts at) speedrunning coop modes

Edited by Zolika1351

catsmackaroo

Gotta love baseless arguments and a solid ignore to what I replied

Claude_Lib
5 hours ago, catsmackaroo said:

Gotta love baseless arguments and a solid ignore to what I replied

Gotta love baseless arguments and a solid ignore to what I asked in the first place

On 1/19/2022 at 3:21 AM, catsmackaroo said:

Again, I don't see people boycotting Max Payne 3 or GTA V because of this. DE deserves all the sh*t it's getting, but compared to GFWL, RGL is the least evil. Also, please don't bring up how they removed DE from everyone's library for several days as an argument against RGL, remember how they robbed everyone of EFLC on Steam before releasing CE.

Okay, let's try something else. See, I don't hate using 1.0.7.0 or 1.0.8.0 (even though patch 1.0.8.0 is just a bunch of workarounds slapped together, but that's irrelevant right now) as hard as you hate CE. I'm not against downgrading, I just don't like the complexity of it. Say, if I just replace GTAIV.exe v1.2.0.43 with v1.0.8.0 or v1.0.7.0 (okay, also replace PlayGTAIV with LaunchGTAIV) and install ZP, will the game just work? What other manipulations do I have to perform to keep the process as painless as possible?

Edited by Claude_Lib

catsmackaroo
9 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

Gotta love baseless arguments and a solid ignore to what I asked in the first place

I didn't, or at least I don't think I did?

9 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

Okay, let's try something else. See, I don't hate using 1.0.7.0 or 1.0.8.0 (even though patch 1.0.8.0 is just a bunch of workarounds slapped together, but that's irrelevant right now) as hard as you hate CE. I'm not against downgrading, I just don't like the complexity of it. Say, if I just replace GTAIV.exe v1.2.0.43 with v1.0.8.0 or v1.0.7.0 (okay, also replace PlayGTAIV with LaunchGTAIV) and install ZP, will the game just work? What other manipulations do I have to perform to keep the process as painless as possible?

No, because the updates change a lot more files than that. Also ZP isn't required to downgrade, it's optional (extra note: LaunchGTAIV.exe isn't used with the latest downgrade, so you can run on Steam if wanted)

The downgrade isn't complicated at all, it may seem that way because there's several outdated guides still present online unfortunately.

Pretty much anything and everything can be done with this:

⚠️ - Problems can arise if you have a faulty antivirus, or install games inside of system folders. However, both of these "issues" aren't IV specific, heavily modded games like GTA SA or Fallout NV recommend creating anti-virus exclusions for your directories and/or installing the game outside of system folders (e.g Program Files (x86))

If you want to know pretty much all files that are required to be replaced/added, you can check within Downgrader>Files>[VERSION]

Any further questions can probably be answered with the Steam guide, also if you're scared of the Downgrader, it's open-source

P.S apologies for my attitude, it was uncalled for, and immature ❗

Claude_Lib
3 hours ago, catsmackaroo said:

I didn't, or at least I don't think I did?

That wasn't really aimed at you, so just don't mind it.

ZP isn't required to downgrade, it's optional

It has an option to make 1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0 work with CE folder hierarchy, namely TLAD and TBoGT folder.

I just wish it also fixed other cross-incompatibilities (if there are any) so that using only GTAIV.exe v1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0 would be enough.

The downgrade isn't complicated at all, it may seem that way because there's several outdated guides still present online unfortunately.

Pretty much anything and everything can be done with this:

---

If you want to know pretty much all files that are required to be replaced/added, you can check within Downgrader>Files>[VERSION]

Any further questions can probably be answered with the Steam guide, also if you're scared of the Downgrader, it's open-source

Yeah, I know about this, I looked into it and I understand how it works, I just prefer performing simple tasks like moving files myself, I guess it's my OCD.

P.S apologies for my attitude, it was uncalled for, and immature ❗

No problem mate, I admit coming here asking for CE support was hardly the best idea in the first place.

Zolika1351

Yeah, I know about this, I looked into it and I understand how it works, I just prefer performing simple tasks like moving files myself, I guess it's my OCD.

For purely manual downgrading you also need:

- binkw32.dll

- gtaEncoder.exe

- gta4Browser.exe

- xliveless

- all 3 episodes' script.imgs, common/text folders and radiohud .wtds

extras for GFWL only:

- GTAIV.exe.cdf, GTAIV.exe.cfg and GTAIV.exe.cat

- DFA.dll

Edited by Zolika1351

I admit coming here asking for CE support was hardly the best idea in the first place.

I still think it's a shame though because the most average person playing will not want to go through the hassle of downgrading, etc, and just play the current versions that are on Steam. We've seen this time and time again so it's always laughable that people complain that GTA IV modding isn't as "popular" when the same people lock themselves behind specific versions (1.0.4.0/1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0) and wonder why the average person doesn't want to jump through hoops and replace like 100 files just to get to a specific version that the very same community itself can't decide on.

Edited by Ash_735

Zolika1351
2 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

I still think it's a shame though because the most average person playing will not want to go through the hassle of downgrading, etc, and just play the current versions that are on Steam. We've seen this time and time again so it's always laughable that people complain that GTA IV modding isn't as "popular" when the same people lock themselves behind specific versions (1.0.4.0/1.0.7.0/1.0.8.0) and wonder why the average person doesn't want to jump through hoops and replace like 100 files just to get to a specific version that the very same community itself can't decide on.

What I don't understand is that every other GTA except V has the same process, and just as simplified as we have here with the auto downgrader tool, and yet IV is the only one where people complain so much about it

Edited by Zolika1351

Just now, Zolika1351 said:

What I don't understand is that every other GTA except V has the same process, and just as simplified as we have here with the auto downgrader tool, and yet IV is the only one where people complain so much about it

Replacing one file (III/VC), or running a patch (SA) vs Various different downgraders to various different versions of the game that the split modding community can't decide on IS a different thing to most people. AT least with III/VC/SA the majority agree on which version to use, with IV you're all always arguing about which version is better and then gatekeep your damn mods to the specific versions of the game.

• Like 3

Zolika1351
21 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Replacing one file (III/VC), or running a patch (SA) vs Various different downgraders to various different versions of the game that the split modding community can't decide on IS a different thing to most people. AT least with III/VC/SA the majority agree on which version to use, with IV you're all always arguing about which version is better and then gatekeep your damn mods to the specific versions of the game.

There's a single hassle free automatic downgrader to 1070/1080 and since recently even 1040, though if/when ENB gets properly ported without DAX and removed skylighting and whatever else the ENB users want, I believe 1040 could be completely eliminated from the list of commonly used versions as ENB's partial 1070/1080 compatibility is the only reason people use that version. I do admit gatekeeping is a major issue here, especially when certain modders wipe their old 1040-1080 compatible mods to force people to upgrade, but I feel like the community is way better than people seem to think and there's already a possible solution to half of the split if someone smart enough with shaders comes along.

Edited by Zolika1351
  • Like 1

There is like zero percent chance of zpatch ever coming to ce because someone will always think that the old version is good.

If there even a little chance we should have seen no IV Downgrader Steam page in IV Fixes and Improvements.

It shows that some old people here think that Patch 7, 4 or whatever is superior. The 2020 June build doesn't suck, there is a division of users between each versions because of this gatekeeping.

• YEE 1

Zolika, for the next version, would you add the custom savegame and settings feature from XLiveless Addon?

wallsteez

Super new to this. I downloaded IV CE on steam and ran the downgrader to 1070. Does this effectivly mean Im not running the CE anymore? I ran GTAIVDowngrader v1.4. Does that have zolika patch in it? 

Ive got the zolika trainer but it has no cars in the spawn car list and it freezes my game when I try and spawn any objects. Are there any fixes for this? Also how do I use/get the gravity gun?

ItsClonkAndre
29 minutes ago, wallsteez said:

Super new to this. I downloaded IV CE on steam and ran the downgrader to 1070. Does this effectivly mean Im not running the CE anymore? I ran GTAIVDowngrader v1.4. Does that have zolika patch in it? 

Ive got the zolika trainer but it has no cars in the spawn car list and it freezes my game when I try and spawn any objects. Are there any fixes for this? Also how do I use/get the gravity gun?

Download the latest version of ZMenu to fix the empty car list issue this might also fix the freeze when you try to spawn a object.

Claude_Lib

Okay, I tried my minimal effort downgrade thing. Found out that using only GTAIV.exe from Steam v1.0.8.0 is actually possible, but I had to set SkipLauncher in ZolikaPatch.ini to 1 and launch the game via GTAIV.exe.

If I try taking LaunchGTAIV.exe from Steam v1.0.8.0 and replacing PlayGTAIV.exe with it so that I can launch the game from Steam, it just never starts, even with LaunchWithPlayGTAIV set to 1. Why could that possibly be?

Edited by Claude_Lib

RampageFM

Huh weird, can't start my game after installing the mod

• 4 weeks later...
Zolika1351

Released v6.9.4 to remove the arbitrary height cutoff from vehicle imposters, making the city look more lively, similar to V 

GTAVI(CE)

I can confirm city looks now more lively at night!

Only bug i noticed is that police-car horns can not be activated anymore.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:08 PM, RampageFM said:

Huh weird, can't start my game after installing the mod

Same here. Really weird!!

orangebrains
19 hours ago, GTAVI(CE) said:

I can confirm city looks now more lively at night!

Only bug i noticed is that police-car horns can not be activated anymore.

CopSirensFlag=0