1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Drift Wood: Real Wild West game play on GTA V.

N8Gamez

Updated codes for several weapons. I am removing any wait() functions from all scripts as I used them to blend animations and add props during animations. 

I have learned to be precise for frame of animations. I have to restart the animation in order to effect it. Like removing weapon and giving the weapon as prop to left hand. In order for the props to show the animation must be restarted at exact frame it was stopped when effecting the animation.

So it takes time.

New weapons added too, using the practice above.

4 revolvers now, a Sharps 50cal anims cock hammer and then it's breech loaded. Dragoon Flintlock pistol muzzle loading anims. 2 Winchester's simulated lever action with sound. A better Musket.

The horse is awesome bigger and with shadows.

N8Gamez
11 hours ago, ahmedali said:

do you have picture about the last update for mod

Sorry mostly I'm updating codes and adding new weapons. I'll upload a video soon as the Indian Michael is done and Josey Whales.

Sheriff Franklin is in the works too. 

Thanks for your interest.

I'm hurrying along 12-16 hours a day to get things ready for first release.

N8Gamez

One of the modelling Team members broke his hand and has been out of action. 

Another modeller has been working with a YouTuber on a project in exchange for exposure of our mod to gain more interest.

Britishdevelopment told me that he needed $40.00 to get zm3 in order to make the Stagecoach but once paid him, I've no contact from him. The other day I see in a forum on Gta5mods that he is trying to change his name on Gta5mods.(oh well)

I am keeping the development going but am asked to update my GTAV RE-Sized mod as well as post on faster service.

This mod is important to me. Though I am considering releasing more parts of it like weapons, radar etc.. to gain more support.

Thanks all for your interest so far, the mod is creeping along currently but not dead or abandoned.

Peace, N8

Edited by N8Gamez
  • Like 1
N8Gamez

Here's today's progress so far.

Script edits update:

Two more scripts have been edited to remove the "wait()" function which messed up all scripts. There are several scripts left a n need of editing out the wait().

Ped Models update:

The horse has been fixed from the shaking model and plastic look that was caused by wrong shader. 

A Bison and donkey are slated to be made.

Weapons update:

Remington is close to done.

Flintlock now has been animated and now cocks hammer. It replaces the machinepistol.

A Smith &Wesson crack barrel revolver by Vans123 has been added and replaces the singles hot/Marksman pistol.

Jupiter_Hortenzievich
21 hours ago, N8Gamez said:

Here's today's progress so far.

Script edits update:

Two more scripts have been edited to remove the "wait()" function which messed up all scripts. There are several scripts left a n need of editing out the wait().

Ped Models update:

The horse has been fixed from the shaking model and plastic look that was caused by wrong shader. 

A Bison and donkey are slated to be made.

Weapons update:

Remington is close to done.

Flintlock now has been animated and now cocks hammer. It replaces the machinepistol.

A Smith &Wesson crack barrel revolver by Vans123 has been added and replaces the singles hot/Marksman pistol.

You can replace all wait commands with Notepad++.
This mask would work

wait(.*\)

Use the Replace/Replace in files, and set the criteria to this mask, then the 'replace with" value to empty string. The search mode must be RegExp, but the "dot is newline"
 checkbox not checked.

N8Gamez
11 hours ago, Jupiter_Hortenzievich said:

You can replace all wait commands with Notepad++.
This mask would work

wait(.*\)

Use the Replace/Replace in files, and set the criteria to this mask, then the 'replace with" value to empty string. The search mode must be RegExp, but the "dot is newline"
 checkbox not checked.

Thanks, the reason I used wait() was timing for animation blending or adding props during animations. The wait() is it n most cases replaced by set_timera. But when running an animation and inserting props or effecting animations I have to start the anims at an exact time to continue. 

I'm unsure of what wait(.*\) would do for these instances.

I'll look at it. I really appreciate your input, thanks.

Jupiter_Hortenzievich
14 hours ago, N8Gamez said:

Thanks, the reason I used wait() was timing for animation blending or adding props during animations. The wait() is it n most cases replaced by set_timera. But when running an animation and inserting props or effecting animations I have to start the anims at an exact time to continue. 

I'm unsure of what wait(.*\) would do for these instances.

I'll look at it. I really appreciate your input, thanks.

When using timers for waiting, and the script should stop until timer has expired, there's the get_timera. First call set_timera(0), then run a loop until get_timera >= desired time. Inside that loop, just call wait(0) to avoid a game crash. Btw, when you call the required wait any time, it will wait at least 1 frame.

• 3 weeks later...
N8Gamez

Its been a while since I posted so here's progress so far.

The map may change to a higher poly map of the San Francisco Mtn range of Arizona soon.

We have new horses being made, two donkies and many new weapons. 

The Stagecoach may get better entering anims as it has suicide doors and looks strange when entering, but I found someone who tackled suicide doors for his Fist 600 mod. I asked him for help and am waiting for his reply.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 5:13 PM, juh00 said:

This looks amazing :0

Thanks, we've been busy with models and scripts and haven't had a chance to update lately. I will be soon showing some more of the mod, new characters, animals and scripts like loading shells into the revolvers, fatigue where player has to eat or his aim gets bad and he stumbles a bit unless he eats. 

There's much more going on with our Mod that is not done. The map of the San Francisco Mountains will bring an area similar to RDR2. With the last GTA5 update it messed up the minimap so I need to fix it too.

Thank you for your comment/encouragement!

Peace, N8Gamez and Team.

• 3 months later...

I haven't posted anything for a while, sorry.

A theme is evolving.

We will include General Grant with Calvary men, horses and using flintlock and breech loading pistols, muskets and Cannons.

Then gameplay

will advance to a further period of History and embrace Frontier adventures using newer weapons like revolvers and lever action rifles.

A new map is being custom made to create a massive mountain range and low land area.

More horses will be added and ability to mount any horse you see is being worked on. 

We have new weapons and characters being made, there's a lot to replace.

Audio files are being edited to have red dead redemption 2 Western type content.

It's a tuff and tedious task.

We are always open to any who want to help.✌😁

16 hours ago, human6281 said:

Any Idea of when this can be finished?

Also it would be cool if there was a lasso similar to the one in rdr

I'm held up on the map getting converted so the world can get established.

Yes, there's a lasso in the works. Bullwhipping, dragging and for cattle is the plan.

We are changing Many weapons like flintlock pistols, breech loading pistols, a cannon and adding many special peds like General Grant and soldiers. 

Gameplay will advance in time to the frontier west with new weapons like Colt 45, Winchester 44, etc and use custom Western peds.

With cutscenes and missions.

Sorry it's taking so long.

Thanks for your interest 😊.

Edited by N8Gamez
  • 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to GodsLobbies for joining us by converting our new map.

It's going to be awesome for the Mod! I can't wait to see it in game!

I've been away from Dev for about 3 months, others are continuing with modeling weapons, peds, animals, etc.

Once our new map is in game I can get back to work setting mission areas, continuing with animations and such.

This should be the Final Map Edit, there were too many gaps where no land was leaving holes hard to cover.

I really want to get a release soon. But until we have a solid Map to develop... Well, it's been a long road getting to this point. Please be patient a bit longer.

Edited by N8Gamez
  • Like 1

I've been cleaning up codes while waiting for the new Map conversion.

Small issue with alpha mapping of the Horse, but it's getting corrected as I type 😉

I will take some time to find a few new models like buildings, props for Western feel. 

I'm still working on the Stagecoach, issue is the suicide doors, when opening the doors player slides through the side instead of entering the open door.

I found a fiat mod with suicide doors maybe it can help the issue.

Well that's my update today. 

Wow I just added 2 animals as addonpeds! 

I have a horse and a pony add-on peds not replacing!

How exciting I contacted Method to ask if he will add animals to his addonpeds.

Anyway I will see if I can get more animals to load so I can add buffalo, bear and other appropriate animals to our mod.

Yes I added a bear. Tried to use cow move anims but front legs looked wrong so I kept it deer moves.

I made an addonanimals dlc and created a new xml. Tested on game that doesn't have addonpeds and it worked great. Tested with addonpeds no problem.

I want to get the large horse alpha fixed then consider a release. Other animals can be added later.

Edited by N8Gamez
N8Gamez

Happy New Year 🎉.

Well GodsLobbies is busy making $ and won't be able to convert our Map, so I am searching for a modder who can convert our Map over to GTA V🤔.

On another note I gave Quechus13's horse a shadow, am working on combat abilities when on a horse. I'm too eager for a release but with the map issues it's tuff. 

If i can fix the alpha issue with the big horse I will release the animals pack and horse riding script, I didn't want to part it out;but feel I'm holding back. So today I set a goal. 

Goal:

Release as much of the mod as possible by February 3, 2021.

It's bold and brash but you have all been so patient and I have been overwhelmed with work.

So keep an eye on this mod, it may get released without a map, using as much of Country as possible, or we might get lucky.

Either way February 3 will be a big day for our Mod.

N8Gamez
Posted (edited)

Udate:

MsNadine will be starting on the map Wednesday. We are so grateful for her joining in.

I fixed the pony, (Quechus13's horse that had no shadow and the hair on tail and mane needed to be cut out.)

Fixed the alpha error on large horses too.

I reworked the Quadra-peds dlc as stand-alone mod, with 2 large horses, 1 pony, 1 donkey, 1 bear, 1 Bengal tiger, 1 black panther and an Elephant. I also made some new textures for a few horses.

The radar won't have the icons above the compass as it's a kinda too much on screen, so the standard Regen bar below the compass is good.

Edited by N8Gamez
  • Like 1
N8Gamez

A great start today!

MsNadine had a few issues with pathing, scenarios and navmeshes.

The team pulled together and flyingbulletzz came through with navmesh mini tut.

I resolved the other issues.

The team got pumped up knowing our map will have navmeshes and is being made. Finally!

The Quadra-peds are awaiting the bison/buffalo before releasing.

My riding script is getting much better 😁.

Get excited, a release is closer than I am ready for but around the bend.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
N8Gamez

Sorry folks I uploaded the quadrapeds dlc with 11 adon-ddon animals,( not replacement  but add-ons) and a working compass on gta5mods to link but they aren't approved yet.

I'll post ASAP 

Edited by N8Gamez
Sight loads stupid ads and I can't see what I wrote.
N8Gamez
4 hours ago, N8Gamez said:

Sorry folks I uploaded the quadrapeds dlc with 11 adon-ddon animals,( not replacement  but add-ons) and a working compass on gta5mods to link but they aren't approved yet.

I'll post ASAP 

Well the moderators must be busy. Dang. Maybe tomorrow the links will be live.

Bummer. Sorry gang, I have limited internet access so I won't upload duplicate files.

Thanks all.

Peace, N8Gamez

• 4 weeks later...