1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Perma banned for no reason after temp ban

limethief

I got a temporary ban 1 month ago but after 1 hour of getting unbanned I decided to open the game but after opening it, rockstar said I have been permanently banned, is there anything I can do? Do I need to wait? Can I get unbanned?

5 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

What was the temporary ban for?

Probably modding. 

19 hours ago, limethief said:

I got a temporary ban 1 month ago but after 1 hour of getting unbanned I decided to open the game but after opening it, rockstar said I have been permanently banned, is there anything I can do? Do I need to wait? Can I get unbanned?

Don't know what to say about that one, never really heard of that happening unless someone else had access to your account or something and managed to play before you could somehow. 
If it says you're permanently banned in-game, you're permanently banned and the chance of any recourse for that is slim to none. 

56 minutes ago, Car Lover said:

"No reason".

Sure buddy.

If you actually read the content of the OP, you'd understand that what happened, shouldn't have happened as its not the norm. 

If you get suspended on the 10th of May and it's lifted on the 10th of June, and you play on the 11th of June - the first time playing since suspended - and when you attempt to load into a GTA Online session it says you're permanently banned, either one of two things happened.
1) a mistake was made internally somewhere (like it should've been a permanent ban because actually, it's a second offence rather than a first offence), or
2) the suspension should've been a permanent ban due to aggravating factors such as 'you're a developer of a mod menu' or 'the same name was used on known cheat sites' or something. 

It has actually happened before, and been reported on this forum.

Maybe Rockstar can not permanently ban you for the first offence, but they can decide that you have to be banned immediately when you come back after serving your suspension.

That would fit with their "policy" of not telling people the reason for their ban/suspension and no appeals. (read: incompetence)

Either that or there was something running on your PC that caused you to get banned twice (not saying it was a mod menu, Rockstar's anticheat definitely gives false positives)

Edited by AirWolf359

On 5/19/2020 at 1:51 PM, Gaffa said:

If you actually read the content of the OP, you'd understand that what happened, shouldn't have happened as its not the norm. 

If you get suspended on the 10th of May and it's lifted on the 10th of June, and you play on the 11th of June - the first time playing since suspended - and when you attempt to load into a GTA Online session it says you're permanently banned, either one of two things happened.
1) a mistake was made internally somewhere (like it should've been a permanent ban because actually, it's a second offence rather than a first offence), or
2) the suspension should've been a permanent ban due to aggravating factors such as 'you're a developer of a mod menu' or 'the same name was used on known cheat sites' or something. 

Or something was flagged suspicious and they were temp banned and after in-depth investigation were perma-banned.  It's not rocket surgery.

1 hour ago, Car Lover said:

Or something was flagged suspicious and they were temp banned and after in-depth investigation were perma-banned.  It's not rocket surgery.

Yes, but that doesn't happen, or certainly, didn't happen previously. 

I've been hearing more accounts from people that they've faced a similar sort of thing - one case was that someone got permanently banned 19 days into their suspension, another one got perma'd shortly after being suspended (like after a few hours). So I dunno what's going on. 

If they are indeed applying more manpower to account issues like suspensions and bans to determine a player's legitimacy or whatever - the question I'd like to ask is, "why is this only starting to happen now, when MUCH of the damage has already been done?
Maybe Rockstar are trying to do something about the "lacking in professionalism" stance but I dunno, it all seems a bit suspicious and of course, nothing gets communicated with the player base.