11 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the best mission!

• Cowboys Vs Aliens by MihajloS
    • Another One by Coneboy
    • Resolute Protector by Galactic
    • Drunken Fool Saves The Day by Aymunz

RithRake24
20 hours ago, boy of the cones said:

Jake Sully's vote doesn't count, it's a newbie without 20 posts. I will cast my vote tonight with a full review. :santa: :pirate:

Good pickup. Best of luck to the competitors!

Edited by RithRake24
  • Like 3

Just now, RithRake24 said:

Haven't seen you in a while. Hope you're alright!

• Like 3

zakarum5835

Joz's vote doesn't count because he hasn't 20 posts. Read the rules next time, mate.

8 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

Yoo what the f*ck man, where you've been. I haven't seen you in this forum for a while. Still waiting a new MOTW by you.

• Like 2

zakarum5835

A'ight, just played all missions and I'd like to say that my favourite mission it's the famous drunkes fool-piece of sh*t my Aymunz because I think he has good chances to be a good creator and it's a really good start for a first mission, I most like the cutscenes and grammars, there's a bit action but not a lot as I wanted. Honestly, my vote goes to him. Meanwhile, other missions are good but I didn't understand why Galactic has made a simple mission. It was short but I liked the gameplay as always, cutscenes were good. Also, I liked the variety of weapons, keep it up the good work bro! Mihajlos's mission was too short, but with good cutscenes and you're improved a lot as I wanted time ago! The only bad thing: The mission was short, the rest was good and I almost died what the hell man :santa: :miranda: Sometimes, it's hard to choose a vote and I never thought I've got 4 entries on my own MOTW thread. I'm glad for it. Thank you for the attention and I'm thankful for all participants. Good job guys you did it! I cast my vote to this f*ckin' guy named Aymunz! :karmaeater:  :miranda: :santa: :^:

I almost forgot, give us a nice theme, fool. :santa:

• Like 3

GalacticXp1

Congrats on the Win Aymunz, see you guys next MOTW

• Like 3

3 hours ago, boy of the cones said:

A'ight, just played all missions and I'd like to say that my favourite mission it's the famous drunkes fool-piece of sh*t my Aymunz because I think he has good chances to be a good creator and it's a really good start for a first mission, I most like the cutscenes and grammars, there's a bit action but not a lot as I wanted. Honestly, my vote goes to him. Meanwhile, other missions are good but I didn't understand why Galactic has made a simple mission. It was short but I liked the gameplay as always, cutscenes were good. Also, I liked the variety of weapons, keep it up the good work bro! Mihajlos's mission was too short, but with good cutscenes and you're improved a lot as I wanted time ago! The only bad thing: The mission was short, the rest was good and I almost died what the hell man Sometimes, it's hard to choose a vote and I never thought I've got 4 entries on my own MOTW thread. I'm glad for it. Thank you for the attention and I'm thankful for all participants. Good job guys you did it! I cast my vote to this f*ckin' guy named Aymunz!  

I almost forgot, give us a nice theme, fool.

Thanks for the review and the vote, bro! I'll try to post the topic tomorrow's noon.

Just now, GalacticXp1 said:

Congrats on the Win Aymunz, see you guys next MOTW

Thanks, Galactic! I hope you'll be able to participate

• Like 2

Cap'n_Cook

@Aymunz you're waiting to create the Motw #166 theme?

You're clearly the winner.

• Like 3

RithRake24
On 5/26/2020 at 7:03 PM, Aymunz said:

Haven't seen you in a while. Hope you're alright!

18 hours ago, boy of the cones said:

Yoo what the f*ck man, where you've been. I haven't seen you in this forum for a while. Still waiting a new MOTW by you.

Haha, I've been very busy for way too long now. Been a stressful month and a half. Still busy unfortunately. In terms of DYOM, the project that I'm currently working on (a missionpack) is currently halfway done... but it has stayed halfway done for more than a month now.

About this MOTW:

Since the poll wasn't set to close on the voting deadline, I decided to drop my vote for Aymunz just to appreciate the fact that I'm immensely impressed by his mission, especially since he's a newcomer when it comes to designing. It's rare for a DYOM mission to make someone smile, or even wake any sort of emotion in the player at all. Some designers do have that ability though: @The Half-Blood Prince is the best at doing this, especially judging from his recent MP, The Dark Instinct, and @Target13 is a close second considering Cowboys and The Fort, both of which had intriguing and memorable characters. Mind you, these are missionpacks that build character over the space of multiple missions to evoke emotion in the audience. However, Aymunz's mission made me smile and appreciate the characters in the normally boring scenario of going to the bar for a drink. Reason? Dialogue was top notch. Sounded exactly to me like how a bunch of dudes from the Old West would converse. The interactions were unforced, natural, neighbourly, therefore realistic and funny. Didn't just feel like computer 3d model dudes uttering bland phrases. I really appreciate that. Ed was an interesting character and the plot of the mission was fun to follow for that reason. Animations were also used to perfection, sometimes for comedic effect (you know what I'm talking about ;)) and cutscenes were timed perfectly. Gameplay was fairly ordinary but maybe that's just me. After all I've had my fair share of shooting at hitboxes in numerous other missions. This missions offered nothing unique in terms of gameplay apart from basic shooting, but the theme is limiting when it comes to gameplay, so Aymunz really can't be blamed much here. I can't help but mention that the gameplay also reminded me of Target13's style, where the player is placed at the centre of the action while enemies approach from all directions in vehicles and on foot. Target employed this multiple times throughout The Fort and also in the Finale of Cowboys, albeit in the latter with vast improvements in terms of ambience and object placement. Coming back to Aymunz's mission here, it would have been better to have more objects placed around to use as cover to crouch beneath. Don't force the use of objects though, use them only if you feel they fit the scene naturally. Overall, very lighthearted and fun mission. Shows a LOT of promise for Aymunz. I hope to see more missions from you, man, your dialogue writing is fantastic.

Since this post is already long enough (and I'm still busy lol) I'll briefly mention the other missions. Galactic's mission once again showed his amazing skills at creating immersive gameplay and ambience which we all know he's great at. He's proven himself in that field time and time again. He's amazing. However, from my viewpoint, what made his mission inferior to Aymunz's was a lack of a good plot or backstory, or even any interesting character interactions, that would motivate the shooting segment. Great missions from a great designer nonetheless.

Coneboy's and Mihajlo's missions showed promise too. I saw elements of creativity in both missions, including the good use of skins in Mihajlo's mission and the great object placement in Coneboy's mission. Aymunz did mention what you guys did well. Well done on your effort and I look forward to seeing you participate in more MOTWs.

Congrats to Aymunz for winning this MOTW!

1 hour ago, RithRake24 said:

Haha, I've been very busy for way too long now. Been a stressful month and a half. Still busy unfortunately. In terms of DYOM, the project that I'm currently working on (a missionpack) is currently halfway done... but it has stayed halfway done for more than a month now.

Hey, I'm glad to hear you're doing fine! Good luck in your school work too! ^^

Since the poll wasn't set to close on the voting deadline, I decided to drop my vote for Aymunz just to appreciate the fact that I'm immensely impressed by his mission, especially since he's a newcomer when it comes to designing. It's rare for a DYOM mission to make someone smile, or even wake any sort of emotion in the player at all. Some designers do have that ability though: @The Half-Blood Prince is the best at doing this, especially judging from his recent MP, The Dark Instinct, and @Target13 is a close second considering Cowboys and The Fort, both of which had intriguing and memorable characters. Mind you, these are missionpacks that build character over the space of multiple missions to evoke emotion in the audience. However, Aymunz's mission made me smile and appreciate the characters in the normally boring scenario of going to the bar for a drink. Reason? Dialogue was top notch. Sounded exactly to me like how a bunch of dudes from the Old West would converse. The interactions were unforced, natural, neighbourly, therefore realistic and funny. Didn't just feel like computer 3d model dudes uttering bland phrases. I really appreciate that. Ed was an interesting character and the plot of the mission was fun to follow for that reason.

I'm very happy that you liked my mission that much!  Thanks so much for the comprehensive feedbakc! To compare me even remotely to @The Half-Blood Prince and @Target13 , who are both legends, is very flattering! :) Actually to hear it from such a creative designer like yourself is compelling enough. I really had fun establishing the story for this mission, and I was inspired, in a way, by @Target13's Cowboys. I'm glad that it payed off!

Animations were also used to perfection, sometimes for comedic effect (you know what I'm talking about ;))

Lol xD xD. yep! 

Gameplay was fairly ordinary but maybe that's just me. After all I've had my fair share of shooting at hitboxes in numerous other missions. This missions offered nothing unique in terms of gameplay apart from basic shooting, but the theme is limiting when it comes to gameplay, so Aymunz really can't be blamed much here. I can't help but mention that the gameplay also reminded me of Target13's style, where the player is placed at the centre of the action while enemies approach from all directions in vehicles and on foot. Target employed this multiple times throughout The Fort and also in the Finale of Cowboys, albeit in the latter with vast improvements in terms of ambience and object placement. Coming back to Aymunz's mission here, it would have been better to have more objects placed around to use as cover to crouch beneath. Don't force the use of objects though, use them only if you feel they fit the scene naturally.

You made a valid point. I've yet to learn more about gameplay. That balanced difficulty is still far ahead from me. Also, The object placement is something I find myself losing patience to quite often, unfortunately. But I do intend to improve upon it. Maybe one day I'll be able to make something like you did in OFDH! :D

Congrats to Aymunz for winning this MOTW!

Thank you. And the next  MOTW's topic is in the making!

Edited by Aymunz