2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Mafia: The Trilogy

Rucke

I would really like a remaster of the original Mafia IF done right. Just updating the graphics and gameplay mechanics without cutting any part of the story.

Did you see the frightened ones? Did you hear the falling bombs? Did you ever wonder...

CslLPae.png

...why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?

happygrowls

Mafia 1 is quite old, it would take a serious amount of effort into remaking it from the ground up, judging by that trailer with the first shot from Mafia 1, it looks like a FF7-esque remake, I think Mafia 2 and 3 will be touchups on the graphics (Mafia 3 needs it especially lmao)

GhettoJesus

So the first one is supposed to be the first game? Totally different voice actor and that line wasn't in the game. I am a bit worried.

K2yjoYK.png

philipg193
15 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

So the first one is supposed to be the first game? Totally different voice actor and that line wasn't in the game. I am a bit worried.

I saw that someone said that it was a line said by Paulie in Mafia 1

Edited by philipg193

GhettoJesus
13 minutes ago, philipg193 said:

I saw that someone said that it was a line said by Paulie in Mafia 1

Def not his. I really don't remember this line plus they would have no reason to change the voice actors. They just need to remix the audio (especially Salieri's as his randomly changes because sometimes they gave him a sh*t ton off bass while other times barely any). I really wish to know what will it be.

• Like 1

K2yjoYK.png

Creed Bratton

I'm only really interested in the remake of the first game. But they absolutely cannot change the voice actors. They were some of the best voice actors in any video game. Especially at the time. Holy f*ck I'm gonna be so disappointed if they replace them.

• Like 2

GhettoJesus
8 minutes ago, DareYokel said:

I'm only really interested in the remake of the first game. But they absolutely cannot change the voice actors. They were some of the best voice actors in any video game. Especially at the time. Holy f*ck I'm gonna be so disappointed if they replace them.

Exactly and there is no reason for them to. Just remix the audio.

K2yjoYK.png

VercettiGuy

Just seeing Mafia 3 kind of makes me angry. f*ck that game.

Let's hope it will also come to next gen consoles, would love to play 2 on there.

you guys think theyll add anything to these games? specifically mafia 2? like the ability to play the game after the last mission? or side activies?

GhettoJesus
4 minutes ago, Oldsport said:

you guys think theyll add anything to these games? specifically mafia 2? like the ability to play the game after the last mission? or side activies?

I can imagine a free ride mode added in Mafia 2 (maybe a free ride extreme but that seems unreal).

K2yjoYK.png

EnforcerKiller

disregard this post, fake leak it was

Edited by EnforcerKiller

GhettoJesus
2 minutes ago, EnforcerKiller said:

Looks like Mafia 1 Remake is coming out on the 23rd of October.

Where is this image from?

K2yjoYK.png

EnforcerKiller
4 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

Where is this image from?

I believe it's a leak from a month ago which may or may not be real. Anyways, here's an album of screenshots
https://imgur.com/a/P7XzJcq

Edited by EnforcerKiller
  • Like 6

Creed Bratton
3 minutes ago, EnforcerKiller said:

I believe it's a leak from a month ago which may or may not be real. Anyways, here's an album of screenshots

This looks gorgeous.

• Like 2

LittleJesus

Ok, I'm on board with the Mafia Remake. I had a lot of fun with it back in the day, this also the perfect chance to play the second one 

GhettoJesus
6 minutes ago, EnforcerKiller said:

Pretty small resolution though for a leak. Plus the characters look worse than anything around them. I am not putting much faith in this leak as of now. Not to mention they don't really resemble the characters.

K2yjoYK.png

Creed Bratton
Just now, GhettoJesus said:

Pretty small resolution though for a leak. Plus the characters look worse than anything around them. I am not putting much faith in this leak as of now. Not to mention they don't really resemble the characters.

These are definitely scenes from Mafia 1 levels. Could still be fake, but I'm leaning towards them being genuine.

EnforcerKiller
2 minutes ago, DareYokel said:

These are definitely scenes from Mafia 1 levels. Could still be fake, but I'm leaning towards them being genuine.

Yeah the leak from a month ago is total bullsh*t going by the new microsoft store page, the screenshots are new however and legit.

Edited by EnforcerKiller

"Part one of the Mafia crime saga - 1930’s, Lost Heaven, IL Re-made from the ground up, rise through the ranks of the mafia during the Prohibition-era of organized crime in America. After an inadvertent brush with the mob, cabdriver Tommy Angelo is reluctantly thrust into the world of organized crime. Initially uneasy about falling in with the Salieri family, the rewards become too big to ignore".

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Creed Bratton

Since it's a remake from the ground-up, I guess I can forgive them for using new voice actors since the graphics aren't the only thing that's completely changed. It's probably going to be a completely different experience with new missions, new dialogues, new gameplay mechanics etc. As much as I'd love the old voice actors to return, it won't be the same game so perhaps it doesn't matter that much.

Edited by DareYokel

Mafia brings back a lot of memories, there's no doubt going out to the country side will look beautiful!

• Like 1

GhettoJesus
18 minutes ago, EnforcerKiller said:

Yeah the leak from a month ago is total bullsh*t going by the new microsoft store page, the screenshots are new however and legit.

What makes you say they are legit?

14 minutes ago, DareYokel said:

Since it's a remake from the ground-up, I guess I can forgive them for using new voice actors since the graphics aren't the only thing that's completely changed. It's probably going to be a completely different experience with new missions, new dialogues, new gameplay mechanics etc. As much as I'd love the old voice actors to return, it won't be the same game so perhaps it doesn't matter that much.

The voice actors (at least Tommy's) are still alive though. I think they had the perfect cast for it so I really hope they keep it. But new mission, new dialogues? Come on, they should keep it like the original, just slap a new look on it.

K2yjoYK.png

EnforcerKiller
Just now, GhettoJesus said:

What makes you say they are legit?

The voice actors (at least Tommy's) are still alive though. I think they had the perfect cast for it so I really hope they keep it. But new mission, new dialogues? Come on, they should keep it like the original, just slap a new look on it.

The fact they're all on the official Microsoft store page. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mafia-definitive-edition/9nzc09nnr93l

GhettoJesus
1 minute ago, EnforcerKiller said:

The fact they're all on the official Microsoft store page. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mafia-definitive-edition/9nzc09nnr93l

Well I really hope they get more work on it because none of the characters are recognizable. Plus I find it weird how the age rating says "all ages"

K2yjoYK.png