Jump to content

Mafia: The Trilogy


Rucke

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

Hangar 13 just should have made a free ride mod. If modders on the internet could do it I dunno how they weren't able to do one.

With all the bugs and glitches it has now if they added free roam the game would break and destroy your console and pc lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

GhettoJesus
2 minutes ago, Zello said:

With all the bugs and glitches it has now if they added free roam the game would break and destroy your console and pc lol.

True. I just wonder how could they screw up a remaster so bad. Especially when some people don't even the see improvements.

  • Like 1

K2yjoYK.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ivan1997GTA
27 minutes ago, Zello said:

The only thing they have going for them is free roam. One thing Mafia II lacked.

Well, you can technically free roam in the DLC expansions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Commander S said:

And there's more - most notably, the basic map layout for Hangar 13's aborted follow-up project, "Rhapsody":

 

 

Map looks good, too bad it was scrapped. Game set in Berlin in 80s where we play as spy could have a lot of potential.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Original Light
3 hours ago, GhettoJesus said:

Whoa, this could have been the bomb if it weren't in the hands of Hangar 13

 

 

Mafia II has all the DLCs included too right? You get all the DLC clothes and cars alongside with Joe's Adventure and two DLCs with Jimmy. Although I think all 3 of them suck so it isn't worth to buy the game just for that.


All DLC is included, yes. The only car I’m missing in the garage is this strange yellow concept car that I can’t remember the name of. It looked like the old bat mobile from the 70’s. 
 

Edit: It’s the Jefferson Futura. The wiki is saying it’s unlocked after completing the main game, and then it’s available permanently during all following replays and DLC episodes. 

Edited by Original Light
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mister Pink

I can't wait to get this. I have a ‚ā¨50 voucher and I'm so freaked I just missed L.A. Noire for sale at ‚ā¨20. I was going to by the combo of L.A. Noire and Mafia II. I'll wait for L.A. Noire and just get this tomorrow. I don't care so much for the bugs, hopefully they'll get a patch out quick enough. I'm just craving this type of game for so long. I know it's short but I'll try stretch it out. At least it's ‚ā¨30 and not the price of a current new release. For this, I can't fault them.¬†

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, trip said:

Do it!  Spend the few bucks for the digital and get going.  

I'm enjoying my (I guess 3rd complete) playthrough of 3.   I still don't understand why people like to not like 3.   3 keeps a good and diverse story while having the neat mechanic of assigning divisions to underbosses.  They weave that in nicely and don't get enough credit for that  neatness IMO.

 

The weird thing 3 does to me is make me get all the extras.  I never ever do that.  I never collect the pointless sh*t.  I never 100% a game.  But in 3...I have to get every Playboy, Vegas pic, Hot Rod mag, and even every circuit board(or whatever they are).  Of course the Playboys are great pieces of history.

 

2 might be my favorite of the series because of the period setting and well constructed story that works well with 'missions'.  

 

I only played Mafia I once in the day...on pc.  Long time ago...  Totally looking forward to driving slow and using my turn signals.

 

 

Mafia 3 does so many things right. 
 

The combat is great, the story is great, Lincoln is great, the setting is great, the story missions are great and even the driving is good even though I have some issues with it. 
 

But they sabotaged all of that by making the player do countless repetitive activities just to progress the story. It kills the pacing. 
 

I think Mafia 3 is worth playing, just know what you are getting into. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

I have a ‚ā¨50 voucher and I'm so freaked I just missed L.A. Noire for sale at ‚ā¨20.¬†

 

LA Noire is still on sale in the UK for £17.49, has the sale definitely ended your end?

 

Is there any patches for this yet? 

 

Also I realised there is no DLC achievements? They added 17 new posters but couldn't carry DLC achievements over?! 

Edited by LittleBlueTroll
  • Like 2

SIG-2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arrows to Athens
6 hours ago, GhettoJesus said:

True. I just wonder how could they screw up a remaster so bad. Especially when some people don't even the see improvements.

I feel like Mafia 1 remake is the main product they‚Äôre trying to sell,¬†and Mafia 2¬†and 3 definitive edition¬†are just afterthoughts that were only made to turn it into a ‚Äútrilogy‚ÄĚ as a way to market the remake. So, in other words, the existence of the definitive¬†editions are solely a marketing strategy to promote the real product, which is Mafia 1 remake. The initial plan was a remake of the first game, but somewhere¬†near the end of development, they thought they could squeeze in the two successors by labelling them ‚Äúdefinitive edition‚ÄĚ and bundling them in with the first game to make it a trilogy.
 

That way, they could make way more money by charging more for the bundle. To persuade people even further, they make it so that you get to play the second and third game immediately right after pre-ordering. That explains why they’re half-assed and rushed. It also explains why the remake doesn’t come out until the end of August. 

Edited by Arrows to Athens
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mister Pink
15 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

LA Noire is still on sale in the UK for £17.49, has the sale definitely ended your end?

Yeah man, it ended here, maybe I can change the location and avail of that deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Original Light
2 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

I can't wait to get this. I have a ‚ā¨50 voucher and I'm so freaked I just missed L.A. Noire for sale at ‚ā¨20. I was going to by the combo of L.A. Noire and Mafia II. I'll wait for L.A. Noire and just get this tomorrow. I don't care so much for the bugs, hopefully they'll get a patch out quick enough. I'm just craving this type of game for so long. I know it's short but I'll try stretch it out. At least it's ‚ā¨30 and not the price of a current new release. For this, I can't fault them.¬†


If you want to stretch Mafia 2, collect every Playboy magazine and wanted poster in the main game. This will easily add an extra 5 hours. The DLC’s will add another 40-50 hours and bring the total package to about the size of GTA IV. 
 

Other fun ‚Äúinfinite‚ÄĚ activities:

 

Sell scrap cars to Mike Bruski.

 

Sell high end cars to Derrick at the docks. 
 

Rob diners, gun stores, bars and clothing stores. 
 

DLC Episodes only:
 

Replay missions, beat previous scores and times. 

 

Go on a rampage and earn points. Try to achieve a high multiplier. 

Edited by Original Light
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arrows to Athens
6 minutes ago, ArthurMorganRDR said:

748v8ouak4151.png

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ArthurMorgan00
10 minutes ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this?

Ign's Summer Gaming 2020

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mister Pink
1 hour ago, Original Light said:

If you want to stretch Mafia 2, collect every Playboy magazine and wanted poster in the main game. This will easily add an extra 5 hours. The DLC’s will add another 40-50 hours and bring the total package to about the size of GTA IV. 
 

Other fun ‚Äúinfinite‚ÄĚ activities:

 

Sell scrap cars to Mike Bruski..........

.....

Thank you, this is very useful info buddy. Some of those things I don't remember from playing the first time. Never played the DLC's and had no idea they would add that much time. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bloodytears1666
3 hours ago, Turan said:

I think Mafia 3 is worth playing, just know what you are getting into. 

If you're fan of the 60's setting it's just a best buy, there is no other choice. Also that fact it happens in 1968, it has a slight 70's vibes. It's pretty sad they missed some good era's events, like obviously something related to hippie culture, but in general - worth it only for that.

 

Dunno what issues with driving mentioned, because it is at least much, much more satisfying than in any GTA, in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Original Light
1 hour ago, Mister Pink said:

Thank you, this is very useful info buddy. Some of those things I don't remember from playing the first time. Never played the DLC's and had no idea they would add that much time. 

 

No problem.

 

It'll include The Betrayal of Jimmy (which used to be a PS3 exclusive DLC), which is an easy 10 hours. Then you have Jimmy's Vendetta, which is another good 10 hours. Joe's Adventure's is a good 20 hours if you're a completionist (there's more collectibles in that DLC separate from the main game). These DLC episodes are a more traditional "free roam", compared to the main game, so it can pretty much last as long as you want with the amount of mischief you get up to outside of missions. Empire Bay is a fun playground, which is something that these DLC's highlight. The main game somewhat discouraged exploration. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ArthurMorganRDR said:

748v8ouak4151.png

Next gen deep dive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Well, you can technically free roam in the DLC expansions.

That's what I said 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Shaksprings said:

Wow i just looked up mafia rhapsody. Seems it was going to be a spy/agent game. Thats what mafia 3 wanted to be so bad lol hangar13 shouldve never touched the mafia series and just made the spy game they desperately wanted to make

Yeah, I looked it up, and if done right, it could be an awesome game, where you'd control a jewish spy in 80s Berlin (most likely on the other side of the wall). Looking back, I don't think many open-world games were set in Berlin to begin with, let alone one with the Iron Curtain still dividing the city. I wish they handed the Mafia series to someone else and kept this idea alive, but looking back at how the studio was before Mafia III, I can see how they'd rather do a long-awaited sequel than gamble it all on a new IP, it's just a safer bet. This old Kotaku article talks a bit about it, and I wish they still want to make it after the Mafia I Remake.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Shaksprings said:

Wow i just looked up mafia rhapsody. Seems it was going to be a spy/agent game. Thats what mafia 3 wanted to be so bad lol hangar13 shouldve never touched the mafia series and just made the spy game they desperately wanted to make

It sounded good but then Hangar 13 ruined it themselves by including some stupid music mechanic.

 

https://kotaku.com/how-the-makers-of-mafia-iii-lost-their-way-1825242177

 

Quote

One of Rhapsodys proposed mechanics had involved musical cues. Part of the main characters backstory involved the piano that his parents had bought for him as a child, and one core idea was that the games detective mode would be triggered by listening to music. At some point, according to everyone I spoke to who was there, Hangar 13s management decided to extract that idea and make it the focus of their game.

 

Quote

Suddenly, Rhapsody would be an action game fueled by music. Maybe instead of being set in Berlin, itd be in San Francisco. And maybe instead of playing as a spy, youd be a superhero. The concept was using music as a weapon, said one person on the game. You could use music to inspire you, channel it into weird effects.

 

One person brought up an example that was bounced around at the studio: Youd be listening to, say, Survivors Eye of the Tiger. Press buttons on the controller at the right time, and youd summon an actual tiger to help you in a fight. Another idea, described to me by a different person on the team, involved taking riffs and song stems from a variety of tracks and combining them all to create different abilities. Hangar 13s leadership had loved the audio style of Mafia III and wanted a game that was all about music, from Metallica to Miley Cyrus.

 

These guys really like to ruin their own ideas.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zello said:

It sounded good but then Hangar 13 ruined it themselves by including some stupid music mechanic.

 

https://kotaku.com/how-the-makers-of-mafia-iii-lost-their-way-1825242177

 

Quote

One of Rhapsodys proposed mechanics had involved musical cues. Part of the main characters backstory involved the piano that his parents had bought for him as a child, and one core idea was that the games detective mode would be triggered by listening to music. At some point, according to everyone I spoke to who was there, Hangar 13s management decided to extract that idea and make it the focus of their game.

 

Quote

Suddenly, Rhapsody would be an action game fueled by music. Maybe instead of being set in Berlin, itd be in San Francisco. And maybe instead of playing as a spy, youd be a superhero. The concept was using music as a weapon, said one person on the game. You could use music to inspire you, channel it into weird effects.

 

One person brought up an example that was bounced around at the studio: Youd be listening to, say, Survivors Eye of the Tiger. Press buttons on the controller at the right time, and youd summon an actual tiger to help you in a fight. Another idea, described to me by a different person on the team, involved taking riffs and song stems from a variety of tracks and combining them all to create different abilities. Hangar 13s leadership had loved the audio style of Mafia III and wanted a game that was all about music, from Metallica to Miley Cyrus.

 

These guys really like to ruin their own ideas.

I take back what I said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zello said:

It sounded good but then Hangar 13 ruined it themselves by including some stupid music mechanic.

 

https://kotaku.com/how-the-makers-of-mafia-iii-lost-their-way-1825242177

 

 

 

These guys really like to ruin their own ideas.

I literally cringed reading some of that, specifically the summoning a tiger while listening to eye of the tiger. They should keep their ideas to themselves

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Shaksprings said:

I literally cringed reading some of that, specifically the summoning a tiger while listening to eye of the tiger. They should keep their ideas to themselves

They had a great idea with 1980's Berlin and making that game a spy game. IDK why they felt they had to do a complete 180 and ruin it. They can't help themselves.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Benefactor69
4 hours ago, Zello said:

It sounded good but then Hangar 13 ruined it themselves by including some stupid music mechanic.

 

https://kotaku.com/how-the-makers-of-mafia-iii-lost-their-way-1825242177

 

 

 

These guys really like to ruin their own ideas.

Oh my, that is really terrible. It sounds like some bizarre Tumblr fan-fiction turned into a video game.

I hope Hangar 13 keeps those kinds of "ideas" to themselves when it comes to the remake of Mafia, but I don't know if they'll be able to help it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Benefactor69 said:

Oh my, that is really terrible. It sounds like some bizarre Tumblr fan-fiction turned into a video game.

I hope Hangar 13 keeps those kinds of "ideas" to themselves when it comes to the remake of Mafia, but I don't know if they'll be able to help it.

Imagine the racing mission is just a Guitar Hero-style sequence playing Gas Gas Gas. where you need to get most buttons right or the car stalls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

StellarRunner
Quote

Outside of the grindiness, the biggest complaint about¬†Mafia III¬†was that it was full of bugs, which people who worked on the game blame on two main factors. The first was that they‚Äôd never made an open-world game like this, full of simulations and complicated mechanics. ‚ÄúIn the previous¬†Mafiagames, which were using the same tech, there wasn‚Äôt much going on,‚ÄĚ said one person. ‚ÄúYou just drove from mission to mission. It was a big leap to have an actually populated world full of content.‚ÄĚ

Bullsh*t. Even Mafia 1 had a tram working, while in III there are hundred of railways and tram rails empty. And that just one example of how empty Mafia III world is. Plus the laziness of not fixing bugs and not fixing the storyline system. All the previous features from mafia that were cut are also a good example. 

 

Hangar 13 shouldn’t have been in charge of Mafia. The brain dead who made that decision killed Mafia. 
 

And the part of the spy game becoming a superhero musical, wtf dudes?
 

 

Edited by StellarRunner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archangelsky
20 hours ago, Arrows to Athens said:

I feel like Mafia 1 remake is the main product they‚Äôre trying to sell,¬†and Mafia 2¬†and 3 definitive edition¬†are just afterthoughts that were only made to turn it into a ‚Äútrilogy‚ÄĚ as a way to market the remake. So, in other words, the existence of the definitive¬†editions are solely a marketing strategy to promote the real product, which is Mafia 1 remake. The initial plan was a remake of the first game, but somewhere¬†near the end of development, they thought they could squeeze in the two successors by labelling them ‚Äúdefinitive edition‚ÄĚ and bundling them in with the first game to make it a trilogy.
 

That way, they could make way more money by charging more for the bundle. To persuade people even further, they make it so that you get to play the second and third game immediately right after pre-ordering. That explains why they’re half-assed and rushed. It also explains why the remake doesn’t come out until the end of August. 

I agree with this and I also think that after the release of the Mafia I remake in august we would not perhaps have to wait to long until we hear something about a new Mafia game.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whatever the new mafia game is, i hope we get to make our own crew. Kinda like godfather 2. I also would like for us to be able to supply weapons for our crew, like they start off with revolvers but we can do missions that gives us m1911s, tommy guns, shot guns to supply them and have them better equipped. I would like random crimes to be happening like in gta iv, so the world doesnt feel so empty. 

OH YEAH, we need melee weapons! Like baseball bats, tire irons,shaving razors, crowbars etc. i dont want to kill someone with one hit either like in mafia 3

Edited by Shaksprings
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dunno, the whole crew system and empire building proved to be sh*t in Mafia 3 and even worse in The Godfather 2. If I were a decision maker at Hangar 13 I would never touch that again since they already proved that they cannot handle such stuff well without making the game feel annoying.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.