Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk IX

Spider-Vice

Please leave complaining to the Bitch & Moan Thread, and vehicle discussions in their respective threads. Participants and/or originators of arguments, bashing or bickering due to differing opinions or obvious bait WILL BE PENALIZED AT THE STAFF'S DISCRETION.

 

Posts about YouTubers are also not allowed and belong here. Bashing or flaming Youtubers will incur penalties.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk IX  

406 members have voted

  1. 1. When do you think the next update is going to be REVEALED?

    • October
      16
    • November
      184
    • December
      195
    • January
      11
  2. 2. When do you think the next update is going to be RELEASED?

    • Earlier than December
      18
    • December
      365
    • January
      11
    • Later
      12
  3. 3. Where do you think the new heist will take place?

    • A tropical casino island (e.g. inspired by Catalina Island)
      115
    • A new city or town, or a part of it (e.g. GTA SA's Liberty City bit)
      44
    • We goin' LC bois and gals, Three Leaf Clover style!
      47
    • "New location" is all lies, just a random place in the existing GTA V map!
      200
  4. 4. What do you think will be the highest possible payout for the new heist?

    • < GTA$2M
      81
    • GTA$2M - GTA$3M
      139
    • GTA$3M - GTA$4M
      104
    • GTA$4M - GTA$5M
      46
    • > GTA$5M
      36


Recommended Posts

GTAhare

Some people seem disappointed of where I speculate the heist will be at but the thing is doing a “map expansion” would take an incredible amount of resources that I don’t even think the GTA Online team has. Much of Rockstar has to be busy working on GTA 6, Rockstar’s next project. At the most with the resources the team has a “map expansion” would just be a tiny island with a few mansions on it. That’s it. Making a new heist must be challenging and take a lot of resources, I know this is supposed to be the biggest update but even having a heist on a tiny island would use tons of resources. You’d have to not only make a new heist but also new land without lowering the framerate.

 

I just don’t want to see people be disappointed. I’m sure the heist will be cool, the Diamond and Casino heist was actually better than any of the Story Mode ones, but expecting a map expansion is totally unrealistic

  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AirWolf856

The Heist of Zombie Island...make it happen!  🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M0B5TA

they already have parts of north yankton, I don't see why it wont be too hard to bring us back there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa

inb4 GTA Next-Gen is just the GTA VI assets used for GTA Online. 

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 6
  • excuseme 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Konata Inoue
13 minutes ago, M0B5TA said:

they already have parts of north yankton, I don't see why it wont be too hard to bring us back there.

I don't think difficulty is the reason they're not bringing it, so much as "Why?" 

North Yankton would've made sense for Single player, as it could've added more character development to Michael, Trevor and Brad. 

As for Multiplayer? I don't really think it'd have much of a use aside from "Explore this new land"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
On 9/20/2020 at 3:35 PM, Zak Ras said:

Double Cleff FM

Btw isn't classical music free to use? At least most of it? I might be wrong but theoretically they could add it without even needing to pay for it, right? Unless there are some different rules for using it in games and movies. But I'm pretty sure a lot of it is public-domain.
 

1 hour ago, AirWolf856 said:

The Heist of Zombie Island...make it happen!  🤪

 

1 hour ago, M0B5TA said:

they already have parts of north yankton, I don't see why it wont be too hard to bring us back there.

Just look up videos of people exploring NY. Its a single road and couple buildings copied from Los Santos. If there were to finish NY, they might as well make an entirely new place instead cause it would require basically the same amount of work. Not to mention logical issues like:

- its a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere, why would we fly there for a huge heist? Nothing there is bigger then what we could steal from LS
- Its not an island. So they would have to place it in a separate lobby, model the whole horizon, remove the ability to use aircrafts, surround it by invisible walls we cant cross etc
- Its not "entirely new location" 

so keeping all of that in mind its a pretty boring place for an online map

 

1 hour ago, GTAhare said:
Spoiler

Some people seem disappointed of where I speculate the heist will be at but the thing is doing a “map expansion” would take an incredible amount of resources that I don’t even think the GTA Online team has. Much of Rockstar has to be busy working on GTA 6, Rockstar’s next project. At the most with the resources the team has a “map expansion” would just be a tiny island with a few mansions on it. That’s it. Making a new heist must be challenging and take a lot of resources, I know this is supposed to be the biggest update but even having a heist on a tiny island would use tons of resources. You’d have to not only make a new heist but also new land without lowering the framerate.

 

I just don’t want to see people be disappointed. I’m sure the heist will be cool, the Diamond and Casino heist was actually better than any of the Story Mode ones

(...)but expecting a map expansion is totally unrealistic

I'm sure you one of the guys who said exactly the same thing before Casino and Nightclubs

Spoiler


"incredible amount of resources" - The difference between a small island and a casino/nightclub is that they can easily reuse a lot of existing assets to make it. Dumping a mountain in water and adding some trees is much easier then making a huge new interior full of new assets, animations and minigames like the casino.

"Rockstar has to be busy working on GTA 6" - Different teams work on different projects and they constantly hire new people. You do realize that they been working on GTA VI and RDR2 while simultaneously releasing gtao updates for years now, right? Never was a problem before. And now they have way more people then ever before. And If an armature, a single kid with no prior experience can make a huge island mod just for fun, I'm sure a huge company that earns millions per month can handle that as well.

"would just be a tiny island with a few mansions on it. That’s it." - And thats why most people in here agree with that. It will probably be a small island with a single town, not much bigger then Paleto Bay or Mirror Park. Catalina island fits that description. 

"Making a new heist must be challenging and take a lot of resources" - Um well yes but actually no. All the heavy lifting was made with the Casino heist. So the framework for making that kind of heist is already there. Now its just a matter of reusing that existing code and animations and making some new missions for it. 

"also new land without lowering the framerate." - Not an issue if you place if far away from the main land (if you want it to be part of freeroam). That way you only load one place at a time. Or they can always place it in a different lobby for now (until next gen consoles are here).

Also keep in mind they need something big and interesting to convince people its worth buying the game once again. Simply adding a new heist in one of the old buildings wouldn't be enough. 

 

Edited by Piro
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash 4 Clickbait
20 minutes ago, Piro said:

Btw isn't classical music free to use? At least most of it? I might be wrong but theoretically they could add it without even needing to pay for it, right? Unless there are some different rules for using it in music in games and movies. But I'm pretty sure a lot of it is public-domain

I think part of it depends on which recording of said music piece they use. If you listen to a recording from (just realised you can say this without hyperbole nowadays) 80-100 years ago, the sound quality's gonna be hella rough compared to a performance recorded last year.

Edited by Zak Ras
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzardtohimself
1 hour ago, Gaffa said:

inb4 GTA Next-Gen is just the GTA VI assets used for GTA Online. 

All joking aside, totally probable. 

 

I'd imagine that GTA5's map / assets / missions will be part of the next game(s) in the franchise, with each new instalment adding more on top until the consoles overflow (again), at which point Rockstar might briefly consider updating the engine... before deciding instead to re-re-re-re-release the "GTA:Online two-decade-special-edition" where returning players get one free orbital cannon shot per day. 

  • Like 3
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
US Marshal1911
6 hours ago, GTAhare said:

Some people seem disappointed of where I speculate the heist will be at but the thing is doing a “map expansion” would take an incredible amount of resources that I don’t even think the GTA Online team has. Much of Rockstar has to be busy working on GTA 6, Rockstar’s next project. At the most with the resources the team has a “map expansion” would just be a tiny island with a few mansions on it. That’s it. Making a new heist must be challenging and take a lot of resources, I know this is supposed to be the biggest update but even having a heist on a tiny island would use tons of resources. You’d have to not only make a new heist but also new land without lowering the framerate.

 

I just don’t want to see people be disappointed. I’m sure the heist will be cool, the Diamond and Casino heist was actually better than any of the Story Mode ones, but expecting a map expansion is totally unrealistic

We've had this discussion numerous times but you people don't want to listen. Just because a map expansion would be impossible for YOU to fathom, it doesn't mean Rockstar can not and will not do it. There are 5 highly reasonable options that are in Rockstar's best favor for increasing profits and they all point towards map expansion. I'm tired of you people constantly saying "tHeY dOnT hAvE tHe ReAsOuRcEs"; they have numerous studios, a blueprint for an existing city, a cash cow raking in profits, and they know the player base will pay for a new location after 7 years. GTA Online will be a standalone platform and they said they wanted to have all locations in one. Its going to happen whether you like it or not so start grinding for it. 

Edited by US Marshal1911
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VitoCorleone1992

Ok i got hands on sensible information, please do not say anything to R*, bcz i don't want to get lawsuited for spoiling the next dlc:

(After this one, if R* does not employ me idk why they wouldn't). *caham*:

"GTA Online Doomsday Heist Part 2: Rockstar have the pleasure to announce you the biggest update ever coming to gta online in December 10th, 2020.

The world is in peril. Avon's masterplan to destroy humanity had deeper roots that Lester's team thought.

Avon got in his hands sensible data, provided by Lester's crew while they assaulted the NOOOSE HQ in the first part of the DDH. That data is about a beligerant alien race that only wants to enslave other planets and he knew that if his plan with Cliffford didn't suceed, he needed to have a backpocket plan. Before is death, he sent a message to that alien race and now they are reaching Los Santos this Christmas.

Meanwhile, Lester's visionary thinking have a possible solution to save the day. Since Cliffford was put down, he got hands in the backup program of it's core and now, with the help of technological advances of the "Good Clifffy" and the partnership with SecuroServ, which provided the necessary material resources, Lester's hipster dream became a reality and now, you can purchase in Warstock Cache & Carry website, Mecha Suits belonging to the Opressor Program. Save the day and make the heist in the brand new location, the alien planet, where you need to destroy the core of the alien factory of space ships in order to stop the earth's invasion!"

Rockstar presents you the brand new GTA Online Doomsday Heist Part 2 trailer:
 



P.S.: Ngl...mechas would be pretty sick! There you have the Opressor MK II counter. 😂

Edited by VitoCorleone1992
  • KEKW 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FuturePastNow
2 hours ago, Piro said:

Btw isn't classical music free to use? At least most of it? I might be wrong but theoretically they could add it without even needing to pay for it, right? Unless there are some different rules for using it in games and movies. But I'm pretty sure a lot of it is public-domain

The sheet music for most classical pieces will be free to use but performances of it aren't. They'll still have to pay an orchestra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarcerCityMadMan
1 hour ago, US Marshal1911 said:

We've had this discussion numerous times but you people don't want to listen. Just because a map expansion would be impossible for YOU to fathom, it doesn't mean Rockstar can not and will not do it. There are 5 highly reasonable options that are in Rockstar's best favor for increasing profits and they all point towards map expansion. I'm tired of you people constantly saying "tHeY dOnT hAvE tHe ReAsOuRcEs"; they have numerous studious, a blueprint for an existing city, a cash cow raking in profits, and they know the player base will pay for a new location after 7 years. GTA Online will be a standalone platform and they said they wanted to have all locations in one. Its going to happen whether you like it or not so start grinding for it. 

Exactly they have had 7 years to work on it.I am pretty sure one of the interview's with Leslie Benzies in 2013 just before gta v launch that said they eventually would like to make and entire world map if they could.Im paraphrasing it of course but they have stated this was a goal for a while

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piro
47 minutes ago, FuturePastNow said:

The sheet music for most classical pieces will be free to use but performances of it aren't. They'll still have to pay an orchestra.

Yeah good point. Still I would assume that buying rights to it would be way cheaper then most modern songs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
US Marshal1911
2 hours ago, CarcerCityMadMan said:

Exactly they have had 7 years to work on it.I am pretty sure one of the interview's with Leslie Benzies in 2013 just before gta v launch that said they eventually would like to make and entire world map if they could.Im paraphrasing it of course but they have stated this was a goal for a while

I quoted him in a previous post, I'll edit this and give you a page number if you want to re-read what he said. page 589 big post

Edited by US Marshal1911

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarcerCityMadMan
35 minutes ago, US Marshal1911 said:

I quoted him in a previous post, I'll edit this and give you a page number if you want to re-read what he said. page 589 big post

No i read it,something i would like to add perhaps if it is LC added they would make LC state like the original concept was for gta iv.I think if LC is added its a small map to explore.An oppressor or plane could circle the map in a few minutes,i think if they are going to do it they will go all out with its own land mass with it.This way its something old and something new to explore.

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPhillips
3 minutes ago, CarcerCityMadMan said:

No i read it,something i would like to add perhaps if it is LC added they would make LC state like the original concept was for gta iv.I think if LC is added its a small map to explore.An oppressor or plane could circle the map in a 2 or 3 minutes,i think if they are going to do it they will go all out with its own land mass with it.This way its something old and something new to explore.

Then you would have a continuity problem. How would you explain huge landmass appearing out of nowhere in HD universe. It was not there in GTA IV.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LunaStrky :3
16 minutes ago, CarcerCityMadMan said:

No i read it,something i would like to add perhaps if it is LC added they would make LC state like the original concept was for gta iv.I think if LC is added its a small map to explore.An oppressor or plane could circle the map in a few minutes,i think if they are going to do it they will go all out with its own land mass with it.This way its something old and something new to explore.

😯 What, like some medium city besides Liberty to explore? Carcer City Perhaps? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarcerCityMadMan
1 hour ago, LunaStrky :3 said:

😯 What, like some medium city besides Liberty to explore? Carcer City Perhaps? 🤔

Not necessarily,Carcer City is a bit to far out(60 to 100 miles from LC)and i don't think its located in LC state.I haven't seen the concept for gta iv's map but it was described as having some mountain ranges and the hamptons as part of it.I would think of it more like how gta v's map is a large city with a couple small towns.I think V's map is only 11 miles from top to bottom but maybe im off on that.

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
US Marshal1911
9 minutes ago, CarcerCityMadMan said:

Not necessarily Carcer City is a bit to far out(60 to 100 miles from LC)and i don't think its located in LC state.I haven't seen the concept for gta iv's map but it was described as having some mountain ranges and the hamptons as part of it.I would think of it more like how gta v's map is a large city with a couple small towns.I think V's map is only 11 miles from top to bottom but maybe im off on that.

You're talking about the Carraways, it was supposed to be a parody of the Hamptons and they wanted to do an area representing Staten Island but all of that is cut beta content.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarcerCityMadMan
7 minutes ago, US Marshal1911 said:

You're talking about the Carraways, it was supposed to be a parody of the Hamptons and they wanted to do an area representing Staten Island but all of that is cut beta content.  

Yeah i think they said those things were cut due to R* not having time to write up story missions for the outskirts of the city where as in an online experience they could add missions to those area's as they update the game in theory.

Edited by CarcerCityMadMan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
US Marshal1911
35 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

Then you would have a continuity problem. How would you explain huge landmass appearing out of nowhere in HD universe. It was not there in GTA IV.

It would be an expanded universe, we know there is other land mass outside of what we already have. And having updated areas wouldn't be that much of a continuity issue, Its like knowing England and France exist even though someone may have never been there personally. If I'm not mistaken, The Carraways were mentioned in GTA 4 so technically it exists in the universe even if we never saw it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash 4 Clickbait
16 minutes ago, US Marshal1911 said:

You're talking about the Carraways, it was supposed to be a parody of the Hamptons and they wanted to do an area representing Staten Island but all of that is cut beta content.  

inb4 a map expansion is a play on West and East Egg from The Great Gatsby. One half having stone masonry victorian era mansions for the super serious players, the other side being full of hi-tech modern LED party mansions with Tracey Island style hidden garages.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric Droster

This is what I think is going to happen I think Tony  Prince AKA  Gay Tony  is going to  introduce us to Nico Belic  because he already had some sort of  ties to Nico in GTA IV    The new property could revolve around something having to do with the entertainment business   As Tony is known for that  ie nightclubs this would take place in LC   there is a part of LC that is already in GTA Vs  Engine   But if we get islands  it would be nice to have a landing strip so we could fly to and from the islands and a hanger to store the aircraft 

 

 

As far as the heist I hope is something good 

  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver
11 hours ago, Zak Ras said:

I think part of it depends on which recording of said music piece they use. If you listen to a recording from (just realised you can say this without hyperbole nowadays) 80-100 years ago, the sound quality's gonna be hella rough compared to a performance recorded last year.

Wax cylinder phonographs have existed and been popular since the 1880s. It wasn’t hyperbole to say that when Atari still made PCs. The bigger issue is while the piece itself mightn’t have copyright, the performance often does. If you use some famous orchestra’s rendition of it without buying the license for their performance, they can still sue you for copyright infringement. 

 

12 hours ago, Gaffa said:

inb4 GTA Next-Gen is just the GTA VI assets used for GTA Online. 

 

  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YELLOW ZOOMER WITH DRONE
15 hours ago, Gaffa said:

inb4 GTA Next-Gen is just the GTA VI assets used for GTA Online. 

That would actually explain a few things, like how the cars we've getting in recent updates (like the Coquette D10 or the Sugoi) are way too similar to their RL counterparts, which could mean either three things:

 

- A shift in car design philosophy (changing a few things on a car and call it a day vs mixing it with another car, with various results)

- Different car modelling artists having different design styles.

- Said "uncanny looking" cars actually being cars developed for GTA VI

- A combination of all of the above

 

12 hours ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

Rockstar presents you the brand new GTA Online Doomsday Heist Part 2 trailer:
 



P.S.: Ngl...mechas would be pretty sick! There you have the Opressor MK II counter. 😂

HOLY sh*t, I f*ckING LOVED GUNDAM WING WHILE I WAS A CHILD, SHUT UP AND TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!!!!!!

  • Like 3
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EkaSwede

Fellas, we need the PAYDAY 2 crossover right now. Our online protagonists enter their apartments and meet Dallas, Hosxton, Chains and Wolf. They plan a heist but the protags don't like it so they try to shoot them all down. Dallas is left standing and just crosses his arms and shouts GET THE f*ck UP! and the killed heisters stand back up 100% okay and gun down th eprotags with miniguns and rocket launchers. And along with the crossover we get actual good music by our lord and saviour Simon Viklund which we can put over that sh*tty ass ambient music GTAV has.

 

Also the PAYDAY gang then shoots Mikhail Travis and Fronkel in the ass because who needs those jokers. And then it 's time to rob Paleto Bay of its goats because the heist we get willb ea complete goatf*ck.

 

The thermal drill, go get it.

 

Donacdum.

Edited by EkaSwede
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
REXX
14 minutes ago, EkaSwede said:

which we can put over that sh*tty ass ambient music GTAV has.

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingTheSon
2 hours ago, EkaSwede said:

Fellas, we need the PAYDAY 2 crossover right now. Our online protagonists enter their apartments and meet Dallas, Hosxton, Chains and Wolf. They plan a heist but the protags don't like it so they try to shoot them all down. Dallas is left standing and just crosses his arms and shouts GET THE f*ck UP! and the killed heisters stand back up 100% okay and gun down th eprotags with miniguns and rocket launchers. And along with the crossover we get actual good music by our lord and saviour Simon Viklund which we can put over that sh*tty ass ambient music GTAV has.

 

Also the PAYDAY gang then shoots Mikhail Travis and Fronkel in the ass because who needs those jokers. And then it 's time to rob Paleto Bay of its goats because the heist we get willb ea complete goatf*ck.

 

The thermal drill, go get it.

 

Donacdum.

Featuring now H3H3 DLC for gta online.

hea2der.jpg

  • Like 1
  • YEE 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

Wilson huh. FedEx DLC confirmed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUScowboy

Double Clef was Opera not classical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 13 Users Currently Viewing
    6 members, 2 Anonymous, 5 Guests

    • CyberRock
    • Watain
    • Black-Dragon96
    • Kernel
    • Smokehush13
    • Piro
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.