Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk IX

Spider-Vice

Please leave complaining to the Bitch & Moan Thread, and vehicle discussions in their respective threads. Participants and/or originators of arguments, bashing or bickering due to differing opinions or obvious bait WILL BE PENALIZED AT THE STAFF'S DISCRETION.

 

Posts about YouTubers are also not allowed and belong here. Bashing or flaming Youtubers will incur penalties.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk IX  

432 members have voted

  1. 1. When do you think the next update is going to be REVEALED?

    • October
      16
    • November
      201
    • December
      203
    • January
      12
  2. 2. When do you think the next update is going to be RELEASED?

    • Earlier than December
      21
    • December
      386
    • January
      12
    • Later
      13
  3. 3. Where do you think the new heist will take place?

    • A tropical casino island (e.g. inspired by Catalina Island)
      122
    • A new city or town, or a part of it (e.g. GTA SA's Liberty City bit)
      47
    • We goin' LC bois and gals, Three Leaf Clover style!
      51
    • "New location" is all lies, just a random place in the existing GTA V map!
      212
  4. 4. What do you think will be the highest possible payout for the new heist?

    • < GTA$2M
      90
    • GTA$2M - GTA$3M
      148
    • GTA$3M - GTA$4M
      109
    • GTA$4M - GTA$5M
      48
    • > GTA$5M
      37


Recommended Posts

Grottomacy

i hope its not liberty city its been done to death gta 3 gta iv chinatown wars liberty city stories some place new please

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shiloh Comes
42 minutes ago, Piro said:

I'm with you on LC. I made couple long posts myself explaining why it would make sense.
 

 

I hope not, it's been done to death, so many times, not just in GTA but in other games. How interesting is a bland grid with a park in the first place?

 

If they do pass 10,000 volts through it to revive it AGAIN, I just hope it's realistic.

 

We could help all the people who are fleeing the city. We could run a moving business, seeing how the wait in real life is months long.

 

Or maybe work as realtors, given the 50% drop in property prices in one month thanks to so many flooding the market as people run from violence, fire, bricks and God knows what else?

 

Coming soon - Liberty City - Babylon Stories.

 

We could have adversary modes called things like Cultural Appropriation, Woke Wars and Westchester Privilege or something.

 

All I want from the rest of the life of this game are some roads where I can actually drive all the car p0rn they've given us without traffic, street furniture, cops or anything else that makes what is supposed to be fun, you know - video games, feel as irritating as a real life commute.

 

So many cars.

 

Such a convoluted mess of a map.

Edited by Shiloh Comes
  • Like 5
  • KEKW 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash 4 Clickbait
13 minutes ago, rollschuh2282 said:

yep.

was iirc on the podium like a week before it came out as dripfeed

Can we take a moment to appreciate a currently an under utilized concept that has only happened twice in the 52+ weeks The Lucky Wheel has existed?

 

Unlocking Dripfeed Vehicles before their official release... but at the same time, I'd be a liar if I claimed ignorance of why they didn't make a habit of that...

 

6 minutes ago, Grottomacy said:

i hope its not liberty city its been done to death gta 3 gta iv chinatown wars liberty city stories some place new please

Opening line of the next trailer;

 

"Why did I move here...?

Spoiler

DADDY'S BACK YOU BITCHES!!!"

 

Edited by Zak Ras
  • Like 1
  • KEKW 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grottomacy

lmao great  minds think alike

  • KEKW 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
US Marshal1911
20 minutes ago, Shiloh Comes said:

 

I hope not, it's been done to death, so many times, not just in GTA but in other games. How interesting is a bland grid with a park in the first place?

 

If they do pass 10,000 volts through it to revive it AGAIN, I just hope it's realistic.

 

We could help all the people who are fleeing the city. We could run a moving business, seeing how the wait in real life is months long.

 

Or maybe work as realtors, given the 50% drop in property prices in one month thanks to so many flooding the market as people run from violence, fire, bricks and God knows what else?

 

Coming soon - Liberty City - Babylon Stories.

 

We could have adversary modes called things like Cultural Appropriation, Woke Wars and Westchester Privilege or something.

 

All I want from the rest of the life of this game are some roads where I can actually drive all the car p0rn they've given us without traffic, street furniture, cops or anything else that makes what is supposed to be fun, you know - video games, feel as irritating as a real life commute.

 

So many cars.

 

Such a convoluted mess of a map.

Heres the kicker, you don't have to join the LC server if you don't want to buddy. It would be separate lobbies 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by US Marshal1911
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash 4 Clickbait
54 minutes ago, US Marshal1911 said:

Heres the kicker, you don't have to join the LC server if you don't want to buddy. It would be separate lobbies 🤷🏻‍♂️

That's what I bank on for Liberty City making a return. I don't think anyone whose after LC in GTA Online is expecting Rockstar to do it the way modders do it where they just stick the GTA 4 map east of LS.

 

I've mentioned this before, sure they've they "don't want to divide the player base". If they release it for free, (it's a big ask, but it's the business model they're hellbent on sticking to), then the only risks of dividing there'll be is not allowing a majority of weaponized vehicles in LC and putting the best ways of making in-game money behind extremely $5m+ buy-in prices. Then you ask "well why would they go back on their word?", well let me give you the 2 shining examples we've got from GTA V/Online itself.

 

- Single Player DLC was promised.

- After the first Heists update released 18 months behind schedule and reworked from team-role contact missions into the 4 player co-op pernickity mess that it is, we were expicitly told by Rockstar there would not be another Heists update due to all the trouble that the first one proved to be.

 

Now, I'm not expecting Liberty City this December, (although that'd be one hell of a Christmas present), but  it'd make great bait to hook players in if it came with the rererelease next year. But even then, I mainly think LC being added is dependent on what Rockstars grand plan for GTA Online is. Are they mainlining it until just mid-2022? Will they keep it as the main game until 2025? Someone (I think I remember who but I don't want to say, just incase I'm wrong and due to the poor bugger's every word being gospel to clickbaiters), brought up the idea of GTA 6 eventually releasing with a full blown story like what the franchise is famous for, but it's map being added into the GTA Online we already have to prevent players starting from scratch after 7/8+ years.

Edited by Zak Ras
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyperar
58 minutes ago, Grottomacy said:

i hope its not liberty city its been done to death gta 3 gta iv chinatown wars liberty city stories some place new please

Vice City would fit much better with San Andreas than Liberty City IMHO, Liberty City is more dense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VitoCorleone1992

I'm mentally prepared for this new location being just a new building in LS. I can't imagine how many people will get disapointed if that's the case. xD

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pressure Drop

I don't really understand why people think it's going to be LC, NY or a random island.... the wording was "Heist in an entirely new location" - to me that means somewhere that already exists on the map, just a location that we have not done a heist in before, such as Maze Bank, or the Mile High building. I doubt they will add a map expansion at all. It's been 7 long years with no map expansion, just a load of Saints Row vehicles and overpriced, overmilitarised stuff.
 

Don't get your hopes up I would say...

  • Like 4
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash 4 Clickbait
Just now, Pressure Drop said:

I don't really understand why people think it's going to be LC, NY or a random island.... the wording was "Heist in an entirely new location" - to me that means somewhere that already exists on the map, just a location that we have not done a heist in before, such as Maze Bank, or the Mile High building.
 

Don't get your hopes up I would say...

Indeeeeed... that way, even if it does turn out to be more than an already on-map location/rework, then it's an even better surprise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VitoCorleone1992
5 minutes ago, Pressure Drop said:

I don't really understand why people think it's going to be LC, NY or a random island.... the wording was "Heist in an entirely new location" - to me that means somewhere that already exists on the map, just a location that we have not done a heist in before, such as Maze Bank, or the Mile High building. I doubt they will add a map expansion at all. It's been 7 long years with no map expansion, just a load of Saints Row vehicles and overpriced, overmilitarised stuff.
 

Don't get your hopes up I would say...

 

3 minutes ago, Zak Ras said:

Indeeeeed... that way, even if it does turn out to be more than an already on-map location/rework, then it's an even better surprise.

 

I hardly think so...like they didn't need to put the words "new location" when everyone can make the simple assumption that "new heist = new location", like duh. So, i really think it will be a new location that is not in the current map. If wasn't the case, why R* would make a statement that made players get hopes for, in fact, a new location, just for in the end not be the case and make R* get a backlash that could cost then their reputation and game sellings?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
—TheSquid—
20 minutes ago, VitoCorleone1992 said:

 

 

I hardly think so...like they didn't need to put the words "new location" when everyone can make the simple assumption that "new heist = new location", like duh. So, i really think it will be a new location that is not in the current map. If wasn't the case, why R* would make a statement that made players get hopes for, in fact, a new location, just for in the end not be the case and make R* get a backlash that could cost then their reputation and game sellings?

Because Rockstar can't ever be harmed by backlash. Look at how angry people got after the last money wipe that so many innocent players were caught up in. Too many people treat them like some kind of indy studio or something—it's the Bethesda treatment. Sure, Rockstar created the highest grossing piece of media in history, but dey can't fix all dat messy code :( Poor babies. They aren't held accountable. 

 

I don't know how else they would've worded it if the "new location" is just a building anyway. "New building," "new establishment" and "new business" aren't going to grab as many eyes as "new location." Everyone is forgetting that their PR department is in charge of PR. Do I think it's impossible we're getting a new location? No. But I think people are setting themselves up for a major disappointment in December. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tez2

I suspected the mood here would worsen during dry weeks and lack of drip-feed, but I can see the discussion around the new location ongoing for months to come. Hard to imagine what it would be like if we didn't receive early notice of it.

Edited by Fun 2
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Watain

Driving around LS lately with the upcoming "new location" in mind, I've really payed attention to the city and the state it's in. The Mile High Club is obviously the eye-catcher, but there's quite a lot of construction sites and neglected areas about in and outside of the city.

 

Regardless if the new location is a map expansion, the Mile High Club, or whatever, I hope they give LS a facelift at some point. If they finish the MHC, they really should finish the other construction sites as well. Finish them and maybe expand the city a bit, add new construction sites or whatever in the city outskirts. It doesn't have to be much, but what little they did with the Diamond Casino and all the arcades really helped out in refreshing LS if you ask me.

 

It wouldn't hurt to see the city leave 2013 and evolve and expand a bit further towards 2020. Not when everything else in the game is more or less up to date with the present day.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VitoCorleone1992
37 minutes ago, —TheSquid— said:

Because Rockstar can't ever be harmed by backlash. Look at how angry people got after the last money wipe that so many innocent players were caught up in. Too many people treat them like some kind of indy studio or something—it's the Bethesda treatment. Sure, Rockstar created the highest grossing piece of media in history, but dey can't fix all dat messy code :( Poor babies. They aren't held accountable. 

 

I don't know how else they would've worded it if the "new location" is just a building anyway. "New building," "new establishment" and "new business" aren't going to grab as many eyes as "new location." Everyone is forgetting that their PR department is in charge of PR. Do I think it's impossible we're getting a new location? No. But I think people are setting themselves up for a major disappointment in December. 

Idk if many innocent players were really banned. Everyone will say: "no...i never cheated...this is very unfair, that it was..." but maybe they aren't. Many people would not confirm that they crossed the law and get a ban for that, yet a medal for their honesty, no. If that was the case we would not need courts to judge people's crimes in order to see if they are guilt or innocent if just they assume that they are in fact guilt. If R* would ban a lot of innocent players, they were going against their own EULA's of the game. Imagine that a player receives ton of cash when bags drop in the player's head when he's afk? It's the players fault? No. So that player should not be banned. And in the end, a player who did the glitch idk if that is an argument for a ban, but at least for a money wipe, of course.

And i'm not saying that isn't hard for the casual player make money in the game, but making things against the agreement of the EULA's, needs be punished and if they accepted the EULA's (which 99% of people don't read them) they are also accepting that if they cross the line, they allow that R* punish them. But, things are what they are, playing GTA for the good or the bad is somekind of commitement. Isn't that much the game for the casual players that want to have everything and don't do nothing to achieve that. I had a person who got so bored for grinding, that his casual mindset was: kill cops it's all about to make me have fun, althought...i want that super car...can you give me money? - if this is the mindset of casual players that want everything in the game, they aren't playing the right game, for that you have gta offline. AND the better way to make R* lower prices or make grind not such a pain, is to stop buying shark cards or even buy the content of the game, that way we express what we don't like in current state of the game in order to R* make changes. They are a bussiness, but without customers they don't profit. The problem is that there are that 1% that buys all shark cards needed to make profit for them, the other 1% as master grinders that will buy everything in the game without sharks and the rest that will not buy sharks neither grind and have to deal with the massive inflated economy of the game, but still, they play the game, so R* be like: "we don't have to bother ourselves in improve the current game state, bcz we still profit a lot thanks to the minority that buy sharks or grind and even those that play the game anyway".

31 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

I suspected the mood here would worsen during dry weeks and lack of drip-feed, but I can see the discussion around the new location ongoing for months to come. Hard to imagine what it would be like if we didn't receive early notice of it.

The problem is that we are going to discuss the sex of the angels, bcz we don't have anything to taltk about and all that was to be speculated was already been speculate in what concerns the "new location", but this is gta forums that many times the people here have problems in getting out of some loops.

Edited by VitoCorleone1992
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash 4 Clickbait
33 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Hard to imagine what it would be like here if we didn't receive early notice of it.

A bit like a freeroam lobby with tryhards in it... a total f'ing warzone of vile poisonous hatred of our fellow man for no sound or logical reason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
US Marshal1911
1 hour ago, Pressure Drop said:

I don't really understand why people think it's going to be LC, NY or a random island.... the wording was "Heist in an entirely new location" - to me that means somewhere that already exists on the map, just a location that we have not done a heist in before, such as Maze Bank, or the Mile High building. I doubt they will add a map expansion at all. It's been 7 long years with no map expansion, just a load of Saints Row vehicles and overpriced, overmilitarised stuff.
 

Don't get your hopes up I would say...

I've literally explained to you the very reason why people think why...........

Edited by US Marshal1911
  • Like 3
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SummerFreeze
3 hours ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Are people talking about LC for actual reasoning? Or just speculation like usual?

No reasoning; just seasoning to spice this thread up a little. 🔥

  • KEKW 1
  • excuseme 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
keggre

anyone think they'll announce anything related to the next update tommorow? I heard someone say they might announce something because tomorrow will mark 7 years of gta v.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AgentSapphire
1 hour ago, Pressure Drop said:

just a load of Saints Row vehicles and overpriced, overmilitarised stuff.

Not exactly Saints Row vehicles lol 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smart speculation1
2 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

I suspected the mood here would worsen during dry weeks and lack of drip-feed, but I can see the discussion around the new location ongoing for months to come. Hard to imagine what it would be like if we didn't receive early notice of it.

A complete drought, just like the 8 months before the little summer special dlc we got, they knew they had to hint us a little bit or the community would self destruct. 


I can’t wait to have another good dlc that has me in the mood to grind for like 2 months, rn I just drive around for 5 min and get bored.  I hope R* really pulls through on this one.  The casino heist had me wanting to play for weeks, especially since most of the heist you can set up by your self if you have to wait for your friend and it paid well. Let’s see if R* can do this again in some way.  

Edited by Smart speculation1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tez2
1 hour ago, keggre said:

anyone think they'll announce anything related to the next update tommorow? I heard someone say they might announce something because tomorrow will mark 7 years of gta v.

Nah, just a wild guess.

The way I see it, we aren't likely to hear anything new until we draw closer to release and I suspect the marketing campaign will start a few weeks prior to release and will be the biggest and most intense of GTAO updates standards. I would love to see them announcing it early, but the info may dry up over time, whereas concentrating all the info into the few weeks before release would build up the anticipation and flame up the speculation.

Edited by Fun 2
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SonofLosSantos
2 hours ago, AgentSapphire said:

Not exactly Saints Row vehicles lol 😂

Literally saints row vehicles. The kinjali, and the oppressor mkll to name a couple 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smart speculation1
1 hour ago, Fun 2 said:

The way I see it, we aren't likely to hear anything new until we draw closer to release

What about the supposed filler dlc that may come around Halloween everyone keeps talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1bud
Just now, Smart speculation1 said:

What about the supposed filler dlc that may come around Halloween everyone keeps talking about?

Probably just gonna recycle previously released content for Halloween as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
US Marshal1911
48 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

Probably just gonna recycle previously released content for Halloween as usual.

It would be neat to see something like a Christine, Jeepers Creepers truck, ecto-1, etc.

 

One could hope lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin
7 hours ago, Grottomacy said:

i hope its not liberty city its been done to death gta 3 gta iv chinatown wars liberty city stories some place new please

It's DLC though, not VI's setting lmao

 

I'd agree if LC was the setting for VI though, I'd rather have SF, LV, or Vice City appear in a full fledged game and not just get an empty sandbox for Online. LC or North Yankton are perfect for potential DLC maps

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheFranchise

Here's the interesting thing about LC and Online:

 

Rockstar, by the way they worded that newswire a while back about "Heists in a new location," has opened a pandoras box that can never be closed. Even if we get Santa Catalina this winter, instead of LC, the speculation and demands that LC should come to online will never go away. By adding Santa Catalina, Rockstar, whether they intended to or not, has forever opened the door to speculation about LC coming to online. If we get a Santa Catalina expansion, what's to stop us from getting LC? The fanbase will never stop howling for it. 

 

Also, if we get LC this winter, it will be mission restricted. LC won't fully open for free roam until next gen to entice people to come to next gen.

 

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1bud
28 minutes ago, TheFranchise said:

Rockstar, by the way they worded that newswire a while back about "Heists in a new location," has opened a pandoras box that can never be closed. Even if we get Santa Catalina this winter, instead of LC, the speculation and demands that LC should come to online will never go away. By adding Santa Catalina, Rockstar, whether they intended to or not, has forever opened the door to speculation about LC coming to online. If we get a Santa Catalina expansion, what's to stop us from getting LC? The fanbase will never stop howling for it. 

There is a reason the next gen versions are being called "expanded".

 

What is coming this winter is just a taste of what is to come on Ps5/XBox Series X. That is how they will get all our money...again.

Edited by Mach1bud
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingBen
27 minutes ago, Mach1bud said:

There is a reason the next gen versions are being called "expanded".

 

What is coming this winter is just a taste of what is to come on Ps5/XBox Series X. That is how they will get all our money...again.


The PS5 version is free (online only) so they won’t be getting money off that. Unless you’re referring to shark cards? That’s always going to bring in $$$$

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 42 Users Currently Viewing
    17 members, 3 Anonymous, 22 Guests

    • SprunkieMonkey
    • Yannerrins
    • ian the ian
    • Disclolume
    • drizztle
    • Brian X
    • Jack_Bauer
    • rollschuh2282
    • bitchlasagna
    • HeliosAxitro
    • bentovaladas
    • El Cavilldo
    • Kentyark
    • SpaceBeagle
    • fryday
    • Mix767
    • painwolfgamer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.