Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk IX


Spider-Vice
 Share

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Please leave complaining to the Bitch & Moan Thread, and vehicle discussions in their respective threads. Participants and/or originators of arguments, bashing or bickering due to differing opinions or obvious bait WILL BE PENALIZED AT THE STAFF'S DISCRETION.

 

Posts about YouTubers are also not allowed and belong here. Bashing or flaming Youtubers will incur penalties.

Next DLC Speculation Topic Mk IX  

645 members have voted

  1. 1. When do you think the next update is going to be REVEALED?

    • October
      17
    • November
      297
    • December
      311
    • January
      20
  2. 2. When do you think the next update is going to be RELEASED?

    • Earlier than December
      25
    • December
      576
    • January
      22
    • Later
      22
  3. 3. Where do you think the new heist will take place?

    • A tropical casino island (e.g. inspired by Catalina Island)
      165
    • A new city or town, or a part of it (e.g. GTA SA's Liberty City bit)
      77
    • We goin' LC bois and gals, Three Leaf Clover style!
      63
    • "New location" is all lies, just a random place in the existing GTA V map!
      340
  4. 4. What do you think will be the highest possible payout for the new heist?

    • < GTA$2M
      126
    • GTA$2M - GTA$3M
      231
    • GTA$3M - GTA$4M
      167
    • GTA$4M - GTA$5M
      60
    • > GTA$5M
      61

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

How do we know the lucky wheel won’t continue with the next update. Did rockstar say this. Because I don’t see how they will just take it out and redesign the casino 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jtsantigate said:

How do we know the lucky wheel won’t continue with the next update. Did rockstar say this. Because I don’t see how they will just take it out and redesign the casino 

Literally no one is saying that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your Personal Leeker

For some reason, I'm suspecting a leak or a trailer this week.. since there are no vehicles added to the podium list so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the update comes on August 4, we can see the announcement about the summer update this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

that solo and ned luke video hinting at them returning for a “heist”

Mind linking to this vid? I don't remember anything of the sort, would be nice to watch it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Piro said:

GTA 6 will be a new game... most likely with a new or improved engine. Theres no way they will let you keep ALL the junk from the previous game... 

Its like complaining that you lose all the money and your progress from GTA 4 when you starting GTA 5. Also you are not "loosing" anything. You will always be able to just launch GTA V again and join the old online mode. GTA 6 will have its own online mode. GTAONLINE 2.0 or whatever they gonna call it.

At best case scenerio I can see them letting us port out character (recreate it in the new and improved character creator) and MAYBE keep 1 vehicle from a limited list of the old cars that they ported to the next game. Theres no way they would want to ruin their brand new game right away with broomsticks and all the other crap they added over the year. 

I always seen it this way:
- out character gets in deep trouble, the government is on to us so we have to run away, change our identity and move to a different city. Thats the start of GTA 6 online mode
- OR we get a new character and its completely unrelated to gtaonline. Thats it.
 

We are probably over half a year away from it... This is not the official announcement, they are simply teasing it for now. I think its the first time they even talked about TWO dlcs in one newswire post
 

Wait so you're saying there will be TWO Onlines' for GTA?  I always thought Online was meant to be a singular entity which is why they called it "GTAOnline" and not "GTAV Online" as to specify that its not just for GTAV.

Edited by BumpyJohnson
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

Yeah with that solo and ned luke video hinting at them returning for a “heist” it makes sense the trio will return for the biggest GTA online DLC, I always thought seeing Jimmy again was a hint towards that 

I wouldn't count on it. I lost the count how many times they trolled the community. Also from that video it seems they would love to do it (cause everyone loves money)but they have ZERO connection with R* at this point

They been saying "its up to you guys to make it happen" for years and years now.

 

17 minutes ago, LarcenousUrsine said:

Mind linking to this vid? I don't remember anything of the sort, would be nice to watch it.

He's talking about this. Imo they ain't hinting a thing. Quite the opposite actually. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA6/comments/hy9z2w/the_character_michael_and_franklin_might_be_in/

 

13 minutes ago, BumpyJohnson said:

Wait so you're saying there will be TWO Onlines' for GTA?  I always thought Online was meant to be a singular entity which is why they called it "GTAOnline" and not "GTAV Online" as to specify that its not just for GTAV.

I'm saying they will keep supporting gtaonline until gta VI is out. Maybe longer but I probably wouldn't count on that as well. But yeah, since its called gtao I would assume that they would try to connect the story somehow. At least let us port our old characters.

Edited by Piro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Piro said:

I wouldn't count on it. I lost the count how many times they trolled the community. Also from that video it seems they would love to do it (cause everyone loves money)but they have ZERO connection with R* at this point

They been saying "its up to you guys to make it happen" for years and years now.

 

He's talking about this. Imo they ain't hinting a thing. Quite the opposite actually. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/GTA6/comments/hy9z2w/the_character_michael_and_franklin_might_be_in/

 

I'm saying they will keep supporting gtaonline until gta VI is out. Maybe longer but I wouldn't count on that. But yeah, since its called gtao I would assume that they would try to connect the story somehow. At least let us port our old characters.

i think gta 6 won't get online Since they announced the gta online standalone version

  • KEKW 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is absolutely no reason to keep supporting a game that is effectively replaced by an new version of said game.

 

You'll long onto gta6 for the first time and they'll give you a "thanks for playing gta5" message, a free hat and 100gs and that's it.

Edited by HamwithCheese
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PS5 said:

i think gta 6 won't get online Since they announced the gta online standalone version

gtaonline was their golden egg laying goose. Theres literally no chance that they wouldn't include an online mode to the next game. When GTA VI is released it will have its own online mode and that will replace the gtaonline we have right now.

Edited by Piro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PS5 said:

think gta 6 won't get online Since they announced the gta online standalone version

Imagine rdr1s online mode was so profitable, Rdr2s online mode didn't exist

Edited by HamwithCheese
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Son of Dutch said:

Like @Gentle_Shelby said, they don’t need to talk about it right now as we are still months away from December. Hell they can reveal map information before its initial release and I guarantee it will break the internet 

I agree, this may be a bit obvious, but the big tease must have been an intentional reveal, to lessen the backlash if only the summer update is announced, amid the info drought. It's a success since everyone is talking about it, but I'm sure people would want a bit more info, in the near future, to fuel up the speculation as we draw closer to release.

Edited by Fun 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That vid ain't hinting at sh*t. It's just their VAs saying it would be nice to be mission givers some day, not saying their involvement in a future heist is as good as confirmed.

 

And while I can sort of see and wish for Franklin to get involved with the heists, i cannot see Michael getting involved in anything like that anymore.

 

Guy's retired, connected, and is now probably more concerned about his son looking like a fashion catalogue's fit of diarrhea than making money. He's set for life.

Edited by LarcenousUrsine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LarcenousUrsine said:

That vid ain't hinting at sh*t. It's just their VAs saying it would be nice to be mission givers some day, not saying their involvement in a future heist is as good as confirmed.

 

And while I can sort of see and wish for Franklin to get involved with the heists, i cannot see Michael getting involved in anything like that anymore.

 

Guy's retired, connected, and is now probably more concerned about his son looking like a fashion catalogue's fit of diarrhea than making money. He's set for life.

Solo literally says that they are talking about bringing them back 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your Personal Leeker
15 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

I agree, this may be a bit obvious, but the big tease must have been an intentional reveal, to lessen the backlash if only the summer update is announced, amid the info drought. It's a success since everyone is talking about it, but I'm sure people would want a bit more info, in the near future, to fuel up the speculation as we draw closer to release.

Uhh, do you know anything about the Summer DLC though? Not to come crying on my laps for the info, just asking you, I'm curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Classiqueare we just getting cars this summer? I am hella confused about what this summer update is supposed to do so some clarification would be good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your Personal Leeker
Just now, G4laxyHD said:

@Classiqueare we just getting cars this summer? I am hella confused about what this summer update is supposed to do so some clarification would be good.

I wonder, what's the topic of the DLC gonna be.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They could make a nice, big interior for Rockford mall. Not sure what kind of heist could take place there, though, robbing jewelry stores is small stuff.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VitoCorleone1992
6 hours ago, fryday said:

I can only repeat myself: 

 

If rockstar would release a map Expansion, they would announce it much much bigger! They would Not hide this big info inside a Side Note of heists. They would Spam the newswire with Trailers, teasers and Infos all about a new map. You Guys create a massive Hype train Here, Made of  hopes, wishes and phantasies

Is yet too soon to advertise the winter dlc. They just did that bcz probably the summer dlc is smaller and with no specific theme, so they wanted to give tha message to assure people that the winter dlc will be awesome and for people not riot if this will be the first summer dlc that isnt a big one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, they bring back Tao from single player and his translator, brucie also appeared, then with casino heist they add jimmy.Tony is back from gta 4 but it's still the same universe.In the smuggler's run we got Ron back.Not to mention that robberies are always with uncle Lester. If this is to be the new "biggest heist" it is possible that they will eventually add michael and franklin, or one of them. The only thing that can worry about is that during a casino robbery, lester says "its like an old friend.Actually, scratch that. the less said about my old pals the better"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Skittish_Snoop said:

I wonder, what's the topic of the DLC gonna be.. 

I'm hoping for Ill-Gotten Gains part 3. That casino heist made me super rich and I want big f*ck off garages, more hangar floors, more MC clubhouse floors and plenty of cars to tinker with and some clothes/guns etc too.

 

A splash of new contact missions and new race tracks for a variety of race modes, open wheel race creator, and a couple new arena modes with readjustments to the arena points/unlock system.

 

But alas, dreamland, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Piro said:

20140515keteltu-autok4.jpg?w=666&h=444
 

You shouldn't lump those two together. LC is a HD universe map thats already there, they have it. SF dosn't even exist, they would have to make it from scratch. 

FC, LV, VC - crazy pipe dream that will never happen

LC, NY - unlikely, but still possible

I agree with you there. However, I think Rockstar would would wait for PS5 to drop if they would ever do something that ambitious. 

Edited by KingBen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, G4laxyHD said:

@Classiqueare we just getting cars this summer? I am hella confused about what this summer update is supposed to do so some clarification would be good.

qaCZVDU.png

 

The top text mentions the summer update, and by the wording of it, it sounds like it's gonna add a few vehicles and some Adversary Modes. A "filler" update, if you will.

 

Then they go "later this year...", indicating it's after the summer has ended, and therefore after the summer update. I suggested it would have a better chance at coming out in December, because Rockstar likes to release their hyped DLCs there (Doomsday, Import/Export, Casino Heists, ect).

However, this is speculation, not a fact.

  • Like 6

E1XWfbb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LodwigRedemption
5 minutes ago, Classique said:

and some Adversary Modes

It's interesting, since we haven't gotten one of those in a long time. Last time was in 2018's After Hours and even then, they were remakes of old ones. Definitely been a long time though, I wonder why they stopped and if they'll actually bring them back.

1 hour ago, Fun 2 said:

I agree, this may be a bit obvious, but the big tease must have been an intentional reveal, to lessen the backlash if only the summer update is announced, amid the info drought. It's a success since everyone is talking about it, but I'm sure people would want a bit more info, in the near future, to fuel up the speculation as we draw closer to release.

Aand we never got any more info until like December 6 2020

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Skittish_Snoop said:

Uhh, do you know anything about the Summer DLC though? Not to come crying on my laps for the info, just asking you, I'm curious.

Why would you think he knows something? He has no insider knowledge. If they start leaving some hints in the next update, in background scripts or tunabowls, thats when you can start asking him questions
 

30 minutes ago, KingBen said:

I agree with you there. However, I think Rockstar would would wait for PS5 to drop if they would ever do something that ambitious. 

True. Or they can just drop an empty map and stop supporting gta on old gen.
Or give the access to the map (or a small part of it) only in that heist instead of freeroam

As a way to convince people that buying it again will be worth the money

  

1 hour ago, LarcenousUrsine said:

That vid ain't hinting at sh*t. It's just their VAs saying it would be nice to be mission givers some day, not saying their involvement in a future heist is as good as confirmed.

And while I can sort of see and wish for Franklin to get involved with the heists, i cannot see Michael getting involved in anything like that anymore.

Guy's retired, connected, and is now probably more concerned about his son looking like a fashion catalogue's fit of diarrhea than making money. He's set for life.

I'm with you on the first part. They ain't hinting a thing and they most likely won't be related to those upcoming dlcs.

But when it comes to Micheal, I guess old habits die hard. How many times he retired? There's always something that pulls him back in. He's addicted to that rush. Also he wouldn't have to join us, maybe we can just use his knowledge, he has experience after all. He could be "the next Lester". But yeah, that video ain't hinting sh*t. 

 

12 minutes ago, LodwigRedemption said:

It's interesting, since we haven't gotten one of those in a long time. Last time was in 2018's After Hours and even then, they were remakes of old ones. Definitely been a long time though, I wonder why they stopped and if they'll actually bring them back.

My bets would be on creator update for RC races and open wheelers. Since those are still missing from the game. 

Edited by Piro
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, FuturePastNow said:

They could make a nice, big interior for Rockford mall. Not sure what kind of heist could take place there, though, robbing jewelry stores is small stuff.

My guess (a couple of days back) was "Smash and Grab". There was a heist in Payday 2 called "Mallcrasher" (iirc) where you could do what you'd to do and bail or stick around, clear the place out and empty every store while fighting off waves of cops. Good times.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Classique said:

The top text mentions the summer update, and by the wording of it, it sounds like it's gonna add a few vehicles and some Adversary Modes. A "filler" update, if you will.

 

Then they go "later this year...", indicating it's after the summer has ended, and therefore after the summer update. I suggested it would have a better chance at coming out in December, because Rockstar likes to release their hyped DLCs there (Doomsday, Import/Export, Casino Heists, ect).

However, this is speculation, not a fact.

December is the biggest month for sales, so it would only make sense for Rockstar's "biggest ever update " "later this year" to be released then.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.