Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
FrancisMcReary

Zero Death Playthrough

Recommended Posts

FrancisMcReary

Has anyone ever tried this?

 

The game is too easy and has practically no penalty for dying.

 

Getting gold medals ofcourse is another story, but that's not what I'm talking about.

 

Has anyone ever completed the game on these conditions:

 

- never died

- never replay a mission

- no missions failed for whatever reason

- not chickening out in tight spots using the camping options but manoeuvre yourself to safety

- when failed, delete saved game.

 

How was it, and what do you do when you get a silver medal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dudu RDRII
Posted (edited)

My two 100% playthroughs of RDR2 were just like you mentioned, except for the part of delete the save game if I got arrested, died, failed anything or whatever else... I just reloaded the save game if something went wrong as I never used automatic saving.

Edited by Dudu RDRII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron

Having recently done a 100% run where I got a gold on every mission my thoughts:

 

If you wanted to complete the story without dying I reckon it would be relatively easy, especially if you don’t care about getting gold as you can take health items etc.

 

Not failing a mission is another matter. Micah and Dutch being utter liabilities in “Just a Social Call” sticks in my mind where they have a tendency to die like Phil Bell in GTA IV’s “Catch the Wave”.

 

Gold Medal times are also extremely tight and often take a couple of tries even if you’ve done it before.

 

Dying in Free roam is generally a bigger risk if you horse throws you and leaves you either near a big cat or in the middle of a ton of lawmen with no cover. This is particularly a risk when attempting challenges.

 

So if you just want to blast through the story missions without dying Id say that’s easy. If you want to either get gold on missions, not fail them, or get 100% without dying (or using a reload in that event) I’d say that’s very hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CH14R1

On free aim I would say for me it's almost impossible since most my deaths are by surprise or unfortunate events, for example, being ambushed by murfrees in heavy fog during night while setting tent, without guns and dead eye drained.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Synthetic_Soul
Posted (edited)

What a coincidence not only am I starting my attempt at this, this week but I’m also uploading the play through to my YouTube channel.

 

i made a post in the RDRII video thread if you’d like to learn more about it.

 

and I wish you the best of luck if you decide to attempt it yourself!

 

as far as the medals go I plan to replay missions for them after the epilogue because I feel some of the “goals” interfere with the fluidity of the game.

 

thats the only thing  I’d do different.

Edited by Synthetic_Soul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Rosewood Varnish

Not possible at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Wolf Man

I'd say it's a bit hard because some missions are just chaos and unpredictable plus the open-world. Too many enemies, too many variables.

Of course, you can always reload from your last save, but that would be cheating.

If you want to make things easier then just rush through the game. Go straight to the missions and forget about the open-world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

Dying isn't very fun, but restarting the entire game because I died seems like a whole lot less fun, given the usually random nature of my deaths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrancisMcReary
On 5/5/2020 at 9:38 PM, Synthetic_Soul said:

What a coincidence not only am I starting my attempt at this, this week but I’m also uploading the play through to my YouTube channel.

 

i made a post in the RDRII video thread if you’d like to learn more about it.

 

and I wish you the best of luck if you decide to attempt it yourself!

 

as far as the medals go I plan to replay missions for them after the epilogue because I feel some of the “goals” interfere with the fluidity of the game.

 

thats the only thing  I’d do different.

That's magnificent I'd love to watch that

On 5/5/2020 at 8:15 PM, Jimbatron said:

Having recently done a 100% run where I got a gold on every mission my thoughts:

 

If you wanted to complete the story without dying I reckon it would be relatively easy, especially if you don’t care about getting gold as you can take health items etc.

 

Not failing a mission is another matter. Micah and Dutch being utter liabilities in “Just a Social Call” sticks in my mind where they have a tendency to die like Phil Bell in GTA IV’s “Catch the Wave”.

 

Gold Medal times are also extremely tight and often take a couple of tries even if you’ve done it before.

 

Dying in Free roam is generally a bigger risk if you horse throws you and leaves you either near a big cat or in the middle of a ton of lawmen with no cover. This is particularly a risk when attempting challenges.

 

So if you just want to blast through the story missions without dying Id say that’s easy. If you want to either get gold on missions, not fail them, or get 100% without dying (or using a reload in that event) I’d say that’s very hard.

Thats all very reasonable.

yet I do like to challenge myself to a complete one. It already feels like cheating knowing where the white cougar spawns from for example.

 

If you're in the wild and always maintain a gold health core and golden rim around catty areas you can get whooped 3 times before dying. Shotgun with incendiaries ready at all times and camp till daylight. It makes it so much more immersive.

 

I don't care that much about time stamps in medals. Don't care at all if that causes me to have silver or bronze. I don't ever take health items during a mission though, I just imagine other people judging me for poor preparation 😛

Accuracy I value most after that, and third comes the headshot checkbkx and if applicable the silent/peaceful/not caught checkbox is saintly.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron

@FrancisMcReary it’s a great point about the gold health core. Some of the more difficult gold mission I take seasoned big game before the mission starts. Didn’t always bother when hunting but if I wanted to go through without dying it would be the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adrenalist
On 5/5/2020 at 8:02 PM, The Wolf Man said:

Of course, you can always reload from your last save, but that would be cheating.

That’s more subjective than you’re putting on. After decades of that being the only chosen route to play video games, millions would likely feel it par for the course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Ando

I don't know if you can do this. Sometimes in Blessed Are The Meek a lawman randomly kills Micah so you don't always control all the circumstances.

 

You can try play it like a challenge playthrough, there's some like The Goodest Boah in the West where you don't kill unless it's strictly necessary.

 

You can add the rule if you die, failed, get arrested you have to start the game all over again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.