1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

B11 Strikeforce worth buying

If you have the money and like flying jets, I'd say absolutely. Many people here complain about its gun, but two positive notes are that it can slow to a crawl and land just about anywhere, and it also is fairly tough - you can hit trees, lightpoles, etc. a few times and it'll survive.

It really depends on what you'd use it for - there are better fighter jets (Pyro or Lazer), there are planes that are more fun (Starling or Molotok), and there are air vehicles that are cheaper (Rogue, Nokota, or basically any un-weaponized vehicle).

I love the Strikeforce and don't regret buying mine.

You know, you can just go to the strikeforce thread and do some research. In fact you could do that for almost any question you have.

• Like 2
  • YEE 2
4 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

If you have the money and like flying jets, I'd say absolutely. Many people here complain about its gun, but two positive notes are that it can slow to a crawl and land just about anywhere, and it also is fairly tough - you can hit trees, lightpoles, etc. a few times and it'll survive.

It really depends on what you'd use it for - there are better fighter jets (Pyro or Lazer), there are planes that are more fun (Starling or Molotok), and there are air vehicles that are cheaper (Rogue, Nokota, or basically any un-weaponized vehicle).

I love the Strikeforce and don't regret buying mine.

It's more to do with missions..... If it helps get missions done faster, I also have a hangar but I always feel it's a hit and miss with the jet I get for a mission and everytime I'm in a session with someone with a jet they always need to kill me lol

Not really...

I mean having all those weapons is fun, especially missile barrage on a jet. But the Lazer is still the king of the skies when it comes to combat. One weakness of the Strikeforce is that the lowered speed near ground level means it can't outrun missiles at low altitude, while all other jets can. The Pyro is best if you want to *avoid* fights because it can fly away from everything else (the Hydra can reach a higher top speed but not when turning) and is also capable with experience of defeating Lazers as long as the Pyro survives the initial merge.

The lowered speed of the Strikeforce near ground level is also a disadvantage for missions, because it just isn't that fast compared to the Pyro or (lower top speed but higher acceleration) Molotok, and not as easy to land as the Molotok or the Hydra. The Strikeforce is pretty tough, however, so you can collide with things at low speed while landing and the plane won't take too much damage. The Lazer and Hydra are particularly fragile in that regard.

I'd say only buy the Strikeforce if you're a collector.

Edited by SummerFreeze
  • Like 2
Yellow Dog with Cone

If you want a decent fighter jet, yes.

If you want a decent A-10 analogue, nope.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Gta_fun_with_guns said:

Next weeks questions fromm Esscee..

"Is GTA online even worth playing?"

It's a forum, I can ask and no one is forced to answer. I just like peoples experience before buying

• Like 2
2 hours ago, EssCee said:

It's more to do with missions..... If it helps get missions done faster

Short answer then: no, don't buy it. 

• 1 year later...
demoralize13
On 5/4/2020 at 8:15 PM, EssCee said:

It's a forum, I can ask and no one is forced to answer. I just like peoples experience before buying

Thank you for this post. Made my research easier :)

On 5/4/2020 at 7:43 PM, EssCee said:

It's more to do with missions..... If it helps get missions done faster, I also have a hangar but I always feel it's a hit and miss with the jet I get for a mission and everytime I'm in a session with someone with a jet they always need to kill me lol

imo Hydra has best ratio armament(explo cannon)/top speed/VTOL ability to land everywhere  for missions. Its great for VIP jobs, client jobs, heist prep missions or any contact mission. Play your Hangar missions til you get discount on Hunter and forget this business.

Akula is still my fav' for missions in pub lobby, and when taken from Hangar you get that sweet speed bonus which allows you to outrun broomstick missiles when you fly at top speed. 

Broomstick is argued to be best vehicle for missions but I'm convinced it catters to mediocrity, its a no skill no effort vehicle. Not saying Hydra takes 200 IQ points to master but still more enjoyable...

Edited by Hécate-II
  • Like 4
On 5/4/2020 at 2:23 PM, EssCee said:

Just wondering if the B11 Strikeforce is worth buying if I have the Oppressor MK II?

Strictly speaking of PvP combat, you got better tools for the job available:

Pyro, Starling and Lazer are much better dog fighters, they out accelerate and maneuver the Strikeforce easily, the Strikeforce has a edge on top speed but that's not really useful.

Hydra and Lazer are still the kings of air-to-surface combat, but you might say their cannons feels cheap to use and they are IMO.

The Strikeforce has more armor than all of those aircrafts, but it still loses it's rear control surfaces with a single explosion on the back so if if you're hit there, you gonna be ditching it anyway.

It's a surprisingly decent bomber, but the amount of work and skill needed to use the bombs efficiently(since there's no bombsights) makes it far better to anyone to just use a Lazer, Hydra or even a Savage.

In comparison to the Mk2...You have to approach combat differently with both vehicles, so much that I don't see why owning one would make you not want to own the other, but the Mk2 can also be a very effective tool for grinding and self defense, so it takes precedence to be owned over the Strikeforce...If you already own the Mk2 then that doesn't matter though.

With all of this being said, the Strikeforce is one of the most unique and cool aircrafts to fly in the game, getting kills with it are for more rewarding for the player too IMO.

But if you do are planning to get it, wait for a discount, it's not worth the full pricetag.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 2
Saul_goodman

Does anyone ask themselves, “does this really need its own thread?’  Guess not.  But at least the OP put max effort in with one sentence framing an issue that is basically an opinion leaving out the relevant fact that his criteria is whether this is a good vehicle for grinding, like it is some season ending god damn cliffhanger. Not that you would buy a jet for grinding  that you can’t spawn from the interaction menu at your feet and for which you basically need a runaway to land.  sh*t like this really should be shut down, but I imagine the poor mods are so worn down with stuff like this they just sigh and let it roll.  OP, do better.  Post stuff that is discussion worthy, or put some effort into the original post, for the love of god.

Edited by Saul_goodman
On 6/10/2021 at 7:54 PM, Hécate-II said:

Broomstick is argued to be best vehicle for missions but I'm convinced it catters to mediocrity, its a no skill no effort vehicle. Not saying Hydra takes 200 IQ points to master but still more enjoyable...

Enjoyable ≠ most effective.

It may depend on the mission, but in the majority of times the quick acceleration and immediate stop at pinpoint plus in and out animations - that's way too precious of a resource to dismiss like that. Not speaking about calling it right next to you when in need, while an aircraft can spawn half a town away.

Edited by partci
2 hours ago, partci said:

It may depend on the mission, but in the majority of times the quick acceleration and immediate stop at pinpoint plus in and out animations - that's way too precious of a resource to dismiss like that. 

The time I'm not being ultra super-effective-economically viable at shooting 110% accurate noob missiles on npcs I'm practicing strafing or free aiming missiles/minigun from buzzard lol

Or getting better at shooting free aim pistol from a real bike. See? I would really suk at the game if I always used a broomstick in name of supreme effectiveness. 

17 minutes ago, partci said:

@Hécate-II oh, you are the real deal.

no I'm not, I still suk, I really struggle to snipe broomsticks even with a mouse on PC, but I try to improve as far I can, and to be better than the player using the overpowered vehicle of the moment. 

• Like 1
SummerFreeze
6 hours ago, partci said:

The Oppressor Mk II is an idiot-proof all-rounder for grinding, but it's not the most efficient for everything. 

I prefer aircraft, know the spawn points and put my businesses close to them.

But the Kosatka's Sparrow is an instant spawn as well, and it has a very high top speed, so if there's any significant travel involved it will edge out an Mk II.

If I started playing today, I would do most of my grinding with the Cayo Perico heist, for which the Sparrow is almost always the most efficient vehicle to use.