3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Jason Schreier vs Fans

yolobigman

yolobigman

I just realised, Strauss possibly dropped a hint about GTA 6 when he was talking about how 8 years is too long for a game to be released. He stated that games will probably start coming out small and grow. Could be talking about 6

Edited by yolobigman

21 minutes ago, D T said:

Jason Schreier, a professional journalist with contacts across the entire industry who has broke numerous groundbreaking stories over the last decade

OR

Some guy who leaked a few GTA Online cars 3 years ago and said Bully 2 is next

That "some guy" had detailed prescriptions of what was coming for each update for GTA:O for more than 3 years. Rockstar themselves told Yan to stop the leaks. That's how credible Yan is in terms of GTA leaks. A different ball game above the former Kotaku journalist.

Edited by APB
  • Like 6

NickPlaysGames

Lol looks like the 'preacher' isnt happy with jason

AntonGandonBF3
6 minutes ago, NickPlaysGames said:

Lol looks like the 'preacher' isnt happy with jason

Lol looks like this "preacher" is your twitter account since all you do today is shill it with your fresh newly created forum account.

boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

yolobigman
2 hours ago, AntonGandonBF3 said:

Jason just used this mans leak as his own "anonymous" insider...

He just said the same phrase as this leaker. "The game is in very early stages of development"

he got the codename right possibly. Tez did find Project Americas in rd2 files months later

Jason said in December: "PS5 and Xbox Series X are equal in power", and after saw the specs, we can see the Xbox like a more powerful machine. Jason was wrong, and now Jason is wrong with GTA VI.

• Like 3

yolobigman
4 minutes ago, LOboo said:

Jason said in December: "PS5 and Xbox Series X are equal in power", and after saw the specs, we can see the Xbox like a more powerful machine. Jason was wrong, and now Jason is wrong with GTA VI.

he just has a face I can't trust and his attitude is abit cocky. 

also I don't mean to be a bully here but I can't believe he is 32 he looks 40 odd

NickPlaysGames
13 minutes ago, AntonGandonBF3 said:

Lol looks like this "preacher" is your twitter account since all you do today is shill it with your fresh newly created forum account.

boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

Lol i'm shilling ? people put bullsh*t on this forum everyday and the mods gave the preacher himself his own forum. i dont believe it at all and im not implying its legit either lol. just funny to read

1 minute ago, NickPlaysGames said:

Lol i'm shilling ? people put bullsh*t on this forum everyday and the mods gave the preacher himself his own forum. i dont believe it at all and im not implying its legit either lol. just funny to read

He has said a couple of suspicious things tho

NickPlaysGames
Just now, Nathan0809 said:

He has said a couple of suspicious things tho

i knew the preacher was bullsh*t back when he had his 'last supper' thread here lol, anyone can make a twitter and just tweet anything. i only mention it here because this was the forum that gave him all the attention in the first place

marquuard
4 minutes ago, NickPlaysGames said:

This section is about Schreier and his credibility, it's not about a pissed off guy with 13 followers talking gibberish about the f*ck knows what. Stop calling him the Preacher.

He has a great first name so he's alright in my book.

I really think that Jason schier( yeah didnt spell last name correct but you know who)is of one of the most negative reporters out there. Every time he posts something it's about something gone wrong or an article dissing something. This is not a personal attack just my way of seeing things.

However like I said in my topic I created a couple of weeks ago I think that a big portion of the game got restarted. So as much as I dislike the guy he could be right..

yolobigman
4 minutes ago, Dourvas said:

However like I said in my topic I created a couple of weeks ago I think that a big portion of the game got restarted. So as much as I dislike the guy he could be right..

Possibly, they could of realised how much hardware they get to work with now. Maybe the story wasn't good? Who knows. 

For all we know it could be announced in October and then we realise it's not in early development.

Man I just can't wait for this game to come out and they tell us how long it took to make.

The game is in production. Early stages, but in production.

Rockstar probably spent the last 1/2 years in pre-production.

This is my interpretation of what Jason said.

Edited by The Wolf Man

In my opinion both are right ... I mean Jason says its still years away - yes, it indeed is ... we are talking about a mid 2023 release here at the earliest, which is still 3 years away.

But does it mean the game is still in its early phase of production? No, it doesn't ... its probably in development in some form or another since early 2014 or so.

However a project this big obviously takes many years to be completed, even if the main stuff is already finished like city/map, story, dialogue, etc. ... on top of that we know that it usually takes 1.5 or 2 more years after the official announcement for R* games to be released. So let's say announcement sometime late next year would put us into that 2023 timeframe.

tldr: both Yan and Jason are correct in what they say.

AntonGandonBF3
3 hours ago, NickPlaysGames said:

Oh ok, i'm sorry. 

On another note, wasn't there another leaker in Twitter appart from Yan? I may be wrong here.

5 hours ago, yolobigman said:

Pretty sure it doesn't take that long for pre production

Planning, pre-production and prototyping will take at least 1 year or 2. I'm pretty sure of that.

Edit: We need to consider that GTA games are huge and that R* is always taking the current technology to the next level.

Edited by The Wolf Man

yolobigman
11 hours ago, AntonGandonBF3 said:

Oh ok, i'm sorry. 

On another note, wasn't there another leaker in Twitter appart from Yan? I may be wrong here.

Tez, wouldn’t call him a leaker but he knows sh*t

15 hours ago, D T said:

Jason Schreier, a professional journalist with contacts across the entire industry who has broke numerous groundbreaking stories over the last decade

OR

Some guy who leaked a few GTA Online cars 3 years ago and said Bully 2 is next

Battle of the Leakers 2020

This reminds me of the Mayweather vs Mcgregor fight. Two guys in two different but somewhat similar sports going up against each other.

Edited by Zello

At this point we're not arguing if GTA6 is in early development but more, was GTA6 rebooted at some point? Hopefully it's not a Bully 2 2009/2011 incident where the it was on and off the shelf, that's not happened to a GTA title.

Given the complex relationship between Schraer and Rockstar, his sources may well give incorrect information. 2022-23 is quite an expected version for release.

yolobigman
1 minute ago, Raskalov said:

Given the complex relationship between Schraer and Rockstar, his sources may well give incorrect information. 2022-23 is quite an expected version for release.

I don't see gta 6 being released 2023

I honestly think the latest it will be released is 2022. Then we should see GTA 7 in 2039. 

Jokes aside, I think this early development thing has been taken wrong

1 minute ago, yolobigman said:

Я не вижу GTA 6 выпущен 2023

Честно говоря, я думаю, что последняя версия будет выпущена в 2022 году. Тогда мы должны увидеть GTA 7 в 2039 году. 

Шутки в сторону, я думаю, что эта ранняя вещь разработки была принята неправильно

OK!On the other hand ,we look at what Jason says.If you think logically then it does not make sense to lie to him and say unverified information🤔..Otherwise, he will lose his reputation.And if you go the other side of his thoughts,then if it is confirmed that Jason will automatically remove all insiders  out of the way.I think the price of Jason's mistake is high,but success can cost him even more.But this is my opinion

Actually i lost my hype for VI and im more curious about next gen. New games and techs will jeep me busy for next 2 3 years at least.

• 3 months later...

So who's winning?

nicktestbranch
9 hours ago, Zello said:

So who's winning?

I am. I mentioned a few months ago that GTA Online is still releasing updates, and behold, they are! Nick 1, Jason 0.6