2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Jason Schreier vs Fans

yolobigman

If I remember right, Yan has a better track record than Jason. So I know who is the boss in terms of GTA leaks. Jason only does this sh*t to further his own promotion, this wouldn't be the first time he was wrong either. 

I've edited the topic title so nobody gets confused with our charming staff member Jason :yee:

Anyway, all insiders/leakers/whatever you want to call them are only as good as their sources, and sometimes those sources even have sources of their own, and everything is like a funnel of information that may or may not link back to an actual employee who has up to date information. The difference here is that Yan is a member of the fanbase with a community following, and Jason is a highly paid journalist with a media following.

I was talking about this last night over on the @GTAForums Twitter account; I do find it interesting he randomly called out Yan's tweet in the Twitter thread and its stirred up this whole conversation yet again about what stage development the game is at. It all feels a bit fishy, a bit odd, that both sides are so confident in their information. It's suddenly "journalist vs fans" in this debate about development, even though we have no confirmation whatsoever from R* about the game, but I feel like there is more to it than who is "right or wrong", feels like there is more to each side of the story and we're either being played or something major happened. I personally just sit on the fence about everything because it's more fun that way, but I can't help but be suspicious of all this information going around.

fib_ufo_small.png

8 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

I've edited the topic title so nobody gets confused with our charming staff member Jason

When I first saw the title this exact same thought came in my mind lmao.

• YEE 2

MarshDanni

I like how the arguments are basically "no u" "no u times 2".

Ffs Jason told the other day that TLoU 2 leaks are 'early development' and the game is to release in a month. After I saw that I really do take everything the guy says with a grain of salt, good track record or not.

P.S Jason should speak up! No need to cover for him Kirsty

Edited by MarshDanni
  • Like 2

yolobigman
29 minutes ago, Kirsty said:

I've edited the topic title so nobody gets confused with our charming staff member Jason :yee:

Anyway, all insiders/leakers/whatever you want to call them are only as good as their sources, and sometimes those sources even have sources of their own, and everything is like a funnel of information that may or may not link back to an actual employee who has up to date information. The difference here is that Yan is a member of the fanbase with a community following, and Jason is a highly paid journalist with a media following.

I was talking about this last night over on the @GTAForums Twitter account; I do find it interesting he randomly called out Yan's tweet in the Twitter thread and its stirred up this whole conversation yet again about what stage development the game is at. It all feels a bit fishy, a bit odd, that both sides are so confident in their information. It's suddenly "journalist vs fans" in this debate about development, even though we have no confirmation whatsoever from R* about the game, but I feel like there is more to it than who is "right or wrong", feels like there is more to each side of the story and we're either being played or something major happened. I personally just sit on the fence about everything because it's more fun that way, but I can't help but be suspicious of all this information going around.

Well said, btw is it just you runs the twitter account? 

13 minutes ago, yolobigman said:

btw is it just you runs the twitter account? 

Yours truly. We share the responsibility of running our accounts. I take care of @GTAForums, uNi takes care of @GTANet and Spider-Vice takes care of @RedDeadNet. 

• Like 2

fib_ufo_small.png

yolobigman

Honestly, when the ''Rockstar Employee'' told Jason the game is still early in development, I personally think Jason didn't say it the way the employee did... Maybe the employee said something like ''Yea we are working on it, hasn't been in development for long'' idk I am just guessing here. But if the Rockstar Employee did state that the games in early development, he might of not meant it that way and it could mean something completely different.

- Now, Rockstar were scouting interiors in Miami in 2018, I am not sure if they do exteriors and interiors at the same time or do interiors after exteriors. 

- Jorge Consejo stated on his CV that he worked for GTA 6 in 2018 but usually you put stuff like that on your CV after you finished with the game. He also posted a pic on Instagram in a mocap suit saying that company wont let him say. He hasn't done anything animated related or been in a game since that was posted.

- Tim Neff also put GTA 6 on his CV for 2017, he stated that he did work on GTA 5 to back it up but his name wasn't in the credits!!!! Tim Neff is known for doing stunts.

- Ex Rockstar dev stated in his portfolio he did work on cars in gta 6 back in 2017-18.

- Project Americas (possible codename for GTA 6) found by tez in RD2 files 2019

These timeframes seem to always be around 2018, now that could mean they started developing around 2018 which could mean that the game is in ''early development'' since it's definitely not gonna take 2 years to get GTA 6 ready for an announcement and I personally hope it doesn't because hopefully Rockstar put as much hard work as they did in rd2 to GTA 6 without crunch. But, the game may have been 50-70 percent completed around 2018 which what most of us think is including yan, tez etc.

Edited by yolobigman

GhettoJesus

I dunno I am with Yan on this one. Partly because I find Jason unbearable due to his ego and partly because Jason has journalism all over his blood, I can imagine him just trying to catch readers for his tweets (as many as he can get after he blocked thousands of people for calling him out on his hypocrisy)

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 2

K2yjoYK.png

yolobigman
1 minute ago, GhettoJesus said:

I dunno I am with Yan on this one. Partly because I find Jason unbearable due to his ego and partly because Jason has journalism all over his blood, I can imagine him just trying to catch readers for his tweets (as many as he can get after he blocked thousands of people for calling him out on his hypocrisy)

I'm waiting for Tez's response lol. I trust Yan too ofc

1 hour ago, thecoolfattykid said:

Can you give some examples of him being wrong? I've read everywhere he's as trustworthy as god himself 

About a year ago reporting on a Rocksteady DC game and it being announced at E3 2019 (he stated later on Twitter he was wrong). Not necessary game related, but his wrongful reports on Gamergate and discredit of Youtubers who opposed microtransactions in games. (which he had to go radio silence on after backlash and later change his "view" by calling them provocateurs lol) There are some minor ones, where he didn't get the details nailed down for some games that he leaked, but that's more or less not so serious as those above.

In short summery he is a big c*nt that has some amazing sources within the industry. But God forbid if something doesn't feather his ego. Like criticism or opposing views, he won't accept it and will argue against it or go radio silence if he can't take it. Kind of like right now with him vs Yan.   

Edited by APB
  • Like 3

Spider-Vice

I really hope Jason uses this thread as his evening entertainment, with some popcorn in hand. :lol: 

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

yolobigman
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

I really hope Jason uses this thread as his evening entertainment, with some popcorn in hand. :lol: 

Lol, bet yan and Jason love the fame of us teens speculating their messages

Edited by yolobigman

GhettoJesus
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

He would immediately try to erase it from his memory because it doesn't stroke his ego.

K2yjoYK.png

Schreier is the internet equivalent of a tabloid muckraker. I don't even know who Yan is and I'd still think of him as being more credible and trustworthy than Schreier. 

yolobigman
Just now, KGBeast said:

Schreier is the internet equivalent of a tabloid muckraker. I don't even know who Yan is and I'd still think of him as being more credible and trustworthy than Schreier. 

Yan used to be an Insider till Strauss called him on his yatch and told him to stop

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Jason simply reinforced my belief, which is based on the available data, that Grand Theft Auto 6 is a 2023 title at the earliest. That's indeed far away, which makes him correct in his wording. We are talking about a mid-cycle release for next-gen consoles.

Edited by Jabalous

AntonGandonBF3

Jason just used this mans leak as his own "anonymous" insider...

He just said the same phrase as this leaker. "The game is in very early stages of development"

13 minutes ago, AntonGandonBF3 said:

Jason just used this mans leak as his own "anonymous" insider...

He just said the same phrase as this leaker. "The game is in very early stages of development"

You do realize that Jason did not claim to have an anonymous source, don't you? He directly talked with a R* manager. You can believe that it's a ruse by R*, but you're being silly to suggest that he somehow found the topic you quoted and decided to use it to fatten his report with unfounded information.This is how 'connect-the-dots' type of conspiracy theories start.

Edited by Jabalous

@Jason

imo ur wrong u need to have more faith m8

• KEKW 2

For clarity's sake, the only things you can appropriately quote in this discussion is the Kotaku article and each of their tweets. Nothing posted from anyone else on this forum is going to be worth any water. He said he spoke to "15 current and ex employees", but the ratio of who currently works there vs who no longer works there isn't known.

fib_ufo_small.png

I don’t know what to believe really. I mean a 2023 release is what a lot of people were predicting anyway. I can live with that. Announcement next year. But if what Jason is saying is true, we are going to be lucky to get an announcement next year and a release in 2023. It’s surely going to be 2024+ which is a pretty depressing thought.

AntonGandonBF3
11 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

You do realize that Jason did not claim to have an anonymous source, don't you? He directly talked with a R* manager. You can believe that it's a ruse by R*, but you're being silly to suggest that he somehow found the topic you quoted and decided to use it to fatten his report with unfounded information.This is how 'connect-the-dots' type of conspiracy theories start.

Bruh. Were you there with them? He clearly said in his article that they will remain anonymous for obvious reasons. I don't know about his credibility or to whom he may spoken, but saying the same stuff a leaker with history in this forum is a bit suspicious to me. And Im sorry, but if his sources are people we don't know who are (because he didn't say who they are neither if they are managers or what, only that they work there), then it loses credibility. 

36 minutes ago, AntonGandonBF3 said:

Bruh. Were you there with them? He clearly said in his article that they will remain anonymous for obvious reasons. I don't know about his credibility or to whom he may spoken, but saying the same stuff a leaker with history in this forum is a bit suspicious to me. And Im sorry, but if his sources are people we don't know who are (because he didn't say who they are neither if they are managers or what, only that they work there), then it loses credibility. 

You probably didn't even read his report. There was no mention of anonymous sources. He quoted emails sent by a R* exuectuvie, Jennifer Kolbe, to R*'s global studios, and then went on describing the management's plan for the next project, a Grand Theft Auto title. He wasn't making up information or claiming that it was from an anonymous source. A management plan explains itself, that is, it was worded to him by R* themselves, probably Kolbe herself. Surely he didn't somehow know that it's also going to be moderately sized release, unless you think he made all that up.

One plan that management has laid out for the next game, a new entry in the Grand Theft Auto series, is to start out with a moderately sized release (which, by Rockstar’s standards, would still be a large game) that is then expanded with regular updates over time, which may help mitigate stress and crunch.

Edited by Jabalous

marquuard

I'm late for the show and don't know Yan (I didn't even know about this forum before) but what makes a former insider credible nowadays? Credible is such a bad term for this. How can we be assured the informations he has is not as supposedly inaccurate as Schreier's? I only believe in what Rockstar tweets regularly and no exception. But both is known to have his own sources and that's all I know about them.

I know they have decent track record and had predicted/reported things that actually happened in the past but we should limit ourselves to GTA6 now.

Edited by marquuard

AntonGandonBF3
22 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

You probably didn't even read his report. There was no mention of anonymous sources. He quoted emails sent by a R* exuectuvie, Jennifer Kolbe, to R*'s global studios, and then went on describing the management's plan for the next project, a Grand Theft Auto title. He wasn't making up information or claiming that it was from an anonymous source. A management plan explains itself, that is, it was worded to him by R* themselves, probably Kolbe herself. Surely he didn't somehow know that it's also going to be moderately sized release, unless you think he made all that up.

omg... Jennifer Kolbe talked about R* situation about employees management and the crunch culture. Nothing to do with the "leaks" he got of the game being in early development.

But there’s a catch: Rockstar’s next big project is still early in development.

Where did he get that from? From the Kolbe email? From one of his "anonymous" sources? Maybe I didn't read that part of the article or maybe I didn't understand it.

The rest of the article may seem to be real, but that info about the early development.... I dunno man.

Edited by AntonGandonBF3

GRANDHEIST
3 hours ago, yolobigman said:

These timeframes seem to always be around 2018,

Jorge Consejos mocap pic is back from 2014 though

My theory is they halted VI production because of RDR2 and started again 2018

• Like 2

Jason Schreier, a professional journalist with contacts across the entire industry who has broke numerous groundbreaking stories over the last decade

OR

Some guy who leaked a few GTA Online cars 3 years ago and said Bully 2 is next

Edited by D T

On 5/4/2020 at 4:32 PM, D T said:

Jason Schreier, a professional journalist with contacts across the entire industry who has broke numerous groundbreaking stories over the last decade

OR

Some guy who leaked a few GTA Online cars 3 years ago and said Bully 2 is next

-Deleted-

Edited by Valtr
  • Like 3