2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Fight Club DLC "Who's with me?"

BumpyJohnson

BumpyJohnson

UPDATED (4/9/22) Please reread if you have already.  There are changes.

Fight Club DLC?

SI8OFZE.jpg

CLIFFNOTES FOR THE "TLDR" PEOPLE

*  We will get an updated mele system with new fight styles,  attacks and abilities such as disarming and human shields.  To learn more click the FIGHT MECHNICS spoiler below or go here.

*  The new contact is Brucie.  Can be whoever but I'm using him because of his link to GTA 4 which had a fight club in it.  Brucie will give us our next hustle either something to sell or another heist

*  We can also call Brucie for freemode missions similar to Franklin's payhone hits except these require mele from beating up selected NPCs for money to retrieval missions like Tequi-la-la.

*  We will get a new business in the form of a fight gym.  It will be like the nightclub from the social aspect of players being able to visit to being a front for Brucie's new hustle.

*  Gyms will be customizable from the look to the equipment.  Equipment will be used to build your fight strength stat (how strong you are in fights).

*  We will get new fight styles and moves to activate in the interactive menu like we can with dance styles.  Each fight style will have its own attacks and moves.

*  Besides Brucie's main hustle and freemode missions you can make $ using mele in gym challenges vs NPCs and other players, R* made adversary modes and events like Premium Races.

*  We will get new fight themed actions,  clothes,  hats,  shoes,  gloves,  mele weapons,  tattoos,  haircuts and even jewelry. 👍

TO EVERYONE ELSE ENJOY THE READ 👍
Hello community.  Day 1 player here so I've seen all the DLCs for Online.  R* has done something for every aspect of the game EXCEPT one.  The art of Mele Kombat.  Its strange how they just left this aspect of the game untouched since release!  It's not only confusing but very disappointing.  Currently,  we have an arcade we can play games in,  an Arena to have vehicle battles in and nightclubs we can dance in.   Why cant we have gyms to fight in as well as use it for cover like the other businesses?   I dont know the technical hurdles they'll have to overcome but on the surface this seems very doable.  The nightclub is basically the blueprint for this.  GTA Online is still going strong and R* has stated they plan to drop more DLCs in the future.  After 8 years this should definately be one of them.   Anyway,  on with the show.  First I'll break down the fight controls then I'll go over the DLC that will be used to introduce it all. 👌

FIGHTING MECHANICS

BASIC COMMANDS

OK obviously a completely new mele system is not happening so I wont be going down that route.  Instead,  to ensure this even has a chance I came up with something consistant with the current commands that would easily work and imo bring fun to the mele like never before.  Below,  I listed the commands used to execute the actions in the game on the left,  the current actions that get executed by said commands in the middle and my suggestion of what I think should happen instead on the right.  I only listed commands for xbox.  Hopefully those on Playstation and PC dont have a problem understanding this.

XBOX COMMANDS                CURRENT                                     MY SUGGESTION
Left Trigger                             Lock onto enemies                 Same
X                                              Dodge                                      HOLD to Block (TAP to Dodge)

Y                                              Unassigned                             TAP to push Enemies (HOLD to grab)
A                                              Strong Strike                           TAP for fast/weak Punches (HOLD for slow/strong punches)
B                                              Weak Strike                             TAP for fast/weak Kicks (HOLD for slow/strong kicks)
Right Trigger                           Strike                                       PRESS for Special Moves (whatever action activated in the interaction menu)

* With the current commands all the fights look the same and everyone uses the same exact stradegy.  With my suggestion there will be more diversity in the fights and people will have a little more freedom in how to attack which adds more variety to the action.

* Currently X is to dodge attacks.  The problem with this is you dont have to time it to be successful.  You just hold X and wait.  With my suggestion,  you will block by default when you HOLD the X button and to dodge you must TAP the X button at the right time.

* Currently Y is unassigned.  I think it should be a push action if you TAP and you will grab them if you HOLD Y.  Pushing is already in the game as NPCs do it all the time.  R* just needs to allow us to do it with a command.  As for grabs,  if R* adds fight styles then each style can have its own specific grab animation.  Here are some examples...

• Boxing = one hand around the back of the enemy's neck (example)
  • Karate = one hand on the front of the enemy's shirt colar (example)
  • Muay Thai = two hands around the back of the enemies neck (example)
  • Wrestling = two hands around the back of the enemies waiste or legs (example)
  • Tactical = from behind with one arm around the enemy's neck (example)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
  • Once you grab the enemy you can then press A or B to strike them,  Right Trigger to execute a special move or press Y again to push the enemy away.  You will not be able to block the victim from escaping your grab BUT the victim must mash a face button to struggle out or they will remain in the grab position.  This means once you grab them you have a limited time to execute your attack before they escape.  If R* wants to go a little further they can make each style have a different time limit to escape.  For example,  escaping a boxer's grab would take very little button mashing but escaping a wrestlers' grab would take a lot.

* Currently we dont have full control over our attack choice.  We should be able to choose wether we punch or kick.  For example,  A should be for all punches and B should be for all kicks.  Also,  if R* can pull it off they should make it so when you TAP a strike button the strikes are fast but do weak damage and if you HOLD the strike button the strikes will be slow but do strong damage.  This way not only can we choose punch or kick but we can choose wether the strike is weak or strong.

* Currently Right Trigger is basically a duplicate command because it does the same thing as which is to strike.  I think R* should make this a Special Move button instead.  It will work like mele on a bikes where you HOLD the A button then press a bumper to strike.  This will add an additional attack option to the mix which is actually dynamic since you will be able to change the action in the interactive menu.  (read more on special moves below)

SPECIAL MOVES & COMBOS

SPECIAL MOVES - These are the strongest attacks.  They will be slower than normal moves.  You must unlocked these moves via training in a gym with a "hired" coach.  The type of moves you learn depends on the coach you hire.  For example a boxing coach will only teach punches,  a wrestling coach will only teach slams,  etc.   Regardless,  once the moves are unlocked they will be available to activate in your interactive menu.  You execute these moves by pressing the Right Trigger (while in your fight stance).  Here are just a few examples of special moves...

• Right Trigger = haymaker punch to the head (Boxing)
  • Right Trigger = sidekick to the body (Karate)
  • Right Trigger = flying knee to the head (Muay Thai)
  • Right Trigger = bodyslam (Wrestling)
  • Right Trigger = disarm weapons (Tactical)

COMBOS - This is when you execute multiple strikes in a row within one attack. An example of that in the game now is when you dodge a punch and counter with 3 punches.  My suggestion is to make it so a combo can be executed whenever we choose instead of only after a dodge.  Also,  we should be able to do different combos instead of the same 3 punch combo for everyone like now.  The combos you get are determined by the style you chose.  Here are some examples of Boxing combos...

• A -> A = left jab, right cross
  • A => A -> A = left jab, right cross, left hook
  • => Right Trigger = left jab, right haymaker punch

Not complex like a true fighter game but definately a lot more than we have now and thats whats important.  Also,  if R* does my above suggestion of making strikes weak or strong depending on if you TAP or HOLD the button then there is potential for even more combos.

FIGHT STYLES

FIGHT STYLES - The way I see fight styles being done is similar to dancing.  In the interactive menu under "Style" there is a category called "Dance Style".  The style you choose determines your character's base movement.  Well R* could just put another category called "Fight Style" right under that and just like dancing whatever fight style you have active will determine the moves your character does.  Some examples are...

• Boxing - high guard like a boxer,  specializes in punches
  • Karate - bounces around like Bruce Lee,  pecializes in kicks
  • Muay Thai - stands and moves like a muay thai fighter,  specializes in elbows and knees
  • Wrestling - very low stance,  specializes in slams and throw
  • Tactical - normal stance,  specializes in subduing the enemy

I dont know about you but Tactical is the gem here.  Its not really a style.  Its basically for anything else that isnt in a style but can be used in a fight such as military tactics like weapons disarm,  police tactics like takedowns and the shiniest toy of them all...human shields.  If that was content part of the scrapped Cops N Crooks DLC well heres the perfect opportunity to use it.

FIGHTING META

Meta in gaming is a stradegy or group of tactics used to win usually by top or at least dedicated players.  In GTA V mele,  the meta is hold the dodge button and simply wait until your opponent is dumb enough to punch into the automatic counter or use what many call the "glitch punch" which is basically the dash punch spammed over and over until it KOs them because you cant counter the dash punch or even BLOCK!  lol  The counter puncher is super boring and the spammer is not diverse at all.  Cant believe someone actually got paid to impliment this nonsense.  smh  Anyway,  here are changes I think could improve this...

DEFENSE - As of now you just hold X and wait.  As I've mentioned above they need to break the defense into two actions.  BLOCK by "holding"  X and the current DODGE but by "tapping"  X at the right time instead.  Also,  they could make it so normal strikes can only be blocked and special moves can only be dodged.  The logic here is quick strikes are too fast to dodge and strong moves are too powerfull to absorb.  This way people have to actually choose the correct defense which adds stradegy.

OFFENSE - Going off the above we know the defense cant "dodge" normal strikes and they cant "block" special moves. So the stradegy is to hit them with a special move when they're trying to block or hit them with a fast strike while their waiting to dodge.  An example (ie. throw multiple normal attacks to make them hold the block button then quickly throw a special move. If they are still holding block the special move succeeds).

STAMINA - This is already in the game in single player but doesnt really have an impact on actions once you're maxed out.  I think it should come into play during fights.  In other words strikes and special moves should temporarily reduce stamina and special moves should decrease more stamina than normal strikes.  The point here is the lower your stamina the less damage you can deliver as well as the more damage you take.  To regenerate your stamina you must not perform any strikes or moves for a short moment (similar to letting the boost fill on the MKII).  This means simply spamming away in a fight is NOT a good idea thus adding another layer of stradegy to the fighting.

INTRODUCTION

It all starts with you getting a call from Brucie.  Now R* could choose whoever.  I just chose Brucie because he has a connection with Luis from GTA4 who was into street fighting.  Anyway,  Brucie asks if you like to fight.   If you say yes he will tell you to come pick him up.  The Letter B will pop up on the map showing you where to go.  When you arrive,  Brucie gets in and tells you where to go.  A colored circle will pop up on the map showing where the fight is.   Once you arrive a cutscene kicks in.  Brucie leads you to the fight area where a fight is taking place.  After one guy beats up the other the crowd cheers and the announcer raises the winners hand and asks"who else wants to try their luck?"  Brucie quickly shouts "My homie right here!"  then pushes you into the fight area.  Simply go in there and fight.

After the fight,  Brucie will praise you for winning or ridicule you for losing.  He'll then tell you to call him whenever you want another fight.  When you call him an option titled "Request Fight" will be available.  R* could do it like Franklin's Hitman missions where you must go to a phone to get the details or they can just have Brucie answer and give you the rundown on who you're fighting and where.  R* should also add a bonus for winning a certain way like Franklin's Hitman missions.  Either way once the call is over a colored circle will pop up on the map showing where the fight is.  Go there,  win the fight and get paid.  After a certain # of fights Brucie will call and suggest you visit a player owned gym OR buy your own to improve your skills.  Buying a gym will be just like any other business.  More on gyms below.

FIGHT GYMS & COACHES

GYMS - Just like the Nightclubs and Arcades,  we can purchase a gym.  We can customize the interior as well as add and upgrade equipment.  Like dancing in the club and playing games in the arcade the equipment will come with minigames like punching heavybags,  running on the treadmill,  etc all will be used to build your fight stat.  Of course R* would need to add a fight stat to the current skills list (shooting,  driving, stealth, mental health, etc).  The higher this stat the stronger your fighter will be from the damage he/she can inflict to how hard it is to hurt them.

• Income - Like the other businesses,  gyms will generate daily income that will be collected in a safe.  It could even come with popularity missions like the Nightclub to increase daily income.  Regardless,  it will also come with illegal opportunities like autoshop contracts or even a new heist.  Gyms would also get the Arena Wars treatment with mele specific events like boxing matches or even brawl matches with or without weapons,  tag team,  etc.  along with rankings,  leaderboards,  trophies and all.

COACHES - Just like DJs for the Nightclub you can hire a private coach to visit your gym and teach special moves.  They can make it so you can only hire one coach at a time for a limited time or like the nightclub where you can hire multiple at once and they stay forever.  Either way each coach will come with their own benefits and special moves you can unlock such as...

• Boxing = unlocks special punches like the haymaker or super uppercut,  combos involving punches and the "one hand around the back of the enemy's neck" grab
  • Karate = unlocks special kicks such like a sidekick to the body or spinning kick to the head, combos involving kicks as well as the "one hand on the front of the enemy's shirt colar" grab
  • Muay Thai = unlocks special strikes like the the flying knee and spinning elbow,  combos involving elbows and knees as well as the "two hands around the back of the enemies neck" grab
  • Wrestling = unlocks specials moves like bodyslams and tosses,  ground and pound punching moment as well as the "two hands around the back of the enemies waiste or legs" grab
  • Tactical = unlocks special moves like weapons disarming and police takedowns,  tactical counter strikes as well as the "from behind with one arem around the enemy's neck

So to summarize,  we have gyms with minigames that are used to build your newly added fight skill stat as well as to unlock new moves and combos.  You can hire coaches to come to your gym and teach you and visitors special moves.  Lastly, the gyms will generate their own income like the nightclubs and arcade AND also provide the front for illegal activities.

THREE TYPES OF FIGHTS

There will be three different modes or types of fights to take part in as well as earn money.  They are...

GYM FIGHTS - These fights only take place in a gym.  There will be two modes.

• Sparring - practice fights with no damage and for no money vs a NPC or another player (this mode increases you fight strength)
  • Challenges - non-practice fights with damage vs NPCs and other players who visit your gym and challenge you.  Players can bet on the fight with payout up to $10,000.

STREET FIGHTS - These are fights against NPCs and take place in freemode.  They will work like Franklin's Hitman payphone missions.  Call Brucie and he'll tell you where to go.  A colored circle will pop up on the map.  Go there and you'll see a guy waiting in a fight area (he may be with just a few people or surrounded by a crowd).  Simply enter the fight area,  beat the guy up and get paid.  R* could even add the same bonus element from the payphone missions such as winning a certain way.  Payout can be up to $50,000.

PRIZE FIGHTS - These will work exactly like Premium Races in freemode.  Instead of a gold race flag on the map it'll be a gold fist icon.  Go there and enter to compete in a job hosted fight tournament.  Unfortunately Premium Races are hard to do because they must have 8 players.  My suggestion to ensure we get to play this often is to not lock it to 8 players.  Instead allow 4,  8 or even 16 player events with the incentive of the more players involved the bigger the winnings.  The way these fights will work is once the job starts.  Two players are placed in the fight area while the rest are outside of it in spectator mode.  Once the fight is over two new players are placed in the area to fight and so on until everyone has fought or times up.  Payout can be up to $100,000.  Just like any other job there will be options for different rules to fight under such as...

• Last man standing - You lose once and you're out and become a spectator like in Arena Wars. The game will then keep matching up the winners until all but one has been eliminated.
  • Set number of KOs - First person to a set number of knockouts.  The game will keep matching up the winners until the number of knockouts is reached.
  • Time limit - Gain as many knockouts as you can.  Whoever has the most when the time runs out is the winner.

R* could also make VS modes specifically for mele worth 2X$ like they do other deathmatch stuff.  Also,  it would be really cool if they made our fights (challenge, street and prize) count and get documented with leaderboards,  trophies to put in a cabinet,  etc,  to decorate our gym like Arena Wars.

WHAT WOULD COME WITH THIS DLC?

There are actually a bunch of cool things that can come with this DLC.  Im sure R* could come up with some fitting things.  Here is what I came up with...

• Gyms - buy a warehouse and turn it into a gym
  • Equipment - punching bags,  weights,  etc
  • Trainers - choose from multiple trainers who teach their own moves
  • Clothes - boxing shorts, boxing robes, karate gi, mauy thai shorts, wrestling uniforms, etc
  • Hats - boxing headgear, wrestling headgear, etc
  • Shoes - boxing shoes, wrestling shoes, etc
  • Gloves - boxing gloves, MMA gloves, fist wraps, etc
  • Mele weapons - more brass knuckles, fist wraps with glass glued on them like Bloodsport, steel spiked gloves,  etc
  • Fight moves - basically all the moves that are in the game and potentially more
  • Fight combos - jab-cross, jab-kick, etc
  • Fight themed actions - raise arm in victory, victory shout, victory dance, taunt, flex muscles, etc
  • Fight themed tattoos - boxing gloves, brass knuckles, sayings, etc
  • Fight themed haircuts - maybe not fight themed but this is definately an opportunity to add more hairstyles
  • Fight themed jewelry - chain emblems like boxing gloves, brass knuckles, etc

...and I'm sure there are more I havent thought of yet that could be included in this.

EXAMPLES OF POSSIBLE FIGHT ARENAS

What do you guys think? This would definately bring something new to the game and even has the potential to trend like car meets.  I don't expect R* to implement this 100% nor do I care.  This is just meant to show whats possible in order to get the buzz going.  I do think this idea would make the mele "better" and more enjoyable though.  If anything this will give us something completely new to do.   Would be cool to get a push for this from the community.  If anyone has any additions or suggested changes to improve the idea please feel free to post. Otherwise thank you for taking the time to read this and please spread the word. ✌️

Edited by BumpyJohnson

God-eater

This is not what Fight Club is about. I've already said too much. 

(Good effort, tho - I'm just nitpicking the name 😊)

CarimboHanky

a fight club dlc could work, i really enjoyed fighting and betting on IV, made a few millions with that.

yes gta fighting is wacky and melee is super laggy between players but i think it could be a feasible update which opens the door for a new business.

• Like 1

A fight club could work. 

But therefore gta V needs new melee combat. 

I play that game often and have fun but melee combat is ass. 

Gta 4 was much better in that category. 

Same for crouching on spot and climbing clinging onto ledges 

Edited by junkpile
  • Like 2

BumpyJohnson

@CarimboHanky - I agree the lag is a problem but I found its more likely when its a bunch of people brawling in the same area.  What I've done in the past when hosting events is include rules to the fights.  When people followed along it was great fun and rarely any lag.  Those rules were...

1) 1 fight at a time.  This meant only 2 people enter the fight area and the rest stand outside it and watch.  Never saw a laggy 1v1 fight.  Another good thing imo about 1v1 fights is it puts a spotlight on your fight since everyone else is watching which adds a little more pressure and satisfaction when you win and embarrassment when you lose.  Hearing everyone react to a fight together was awesome and made the fights much better.

2) You cannot throw the dash punch back to back.  You must throw a regular strike in between dash punches.  This made the fights look cool and a lot more intense since people couldnt spam the dash punch and had to pick and choose when to attack.  No spamming resulted in no lag.  This also gave the game a chance to display the different moves that are rarely seen since people weren't relying on the spam punch.

@junkpile Yep GTA4 was better.  You could block AND dodge and the arsenal was cool.  They had a real MMA fighter (Bas Rutten) do the mocap.  I tried to kinda go back that route with this idea.

Although this is a DLC about fighting I hope people keep in mind more can come with this DLC than just fighting like another cover for crime businesses AND can be a business in itself,  new and different contact missions that envolve mele,  a level up and rank system like AW with trophies and all,  new mele weapons,  etc.  Probably too late for this type of DLC since mele has been forgotten about and R* seems to be heading to more space stuff.  Oh well worth a try I think.

Edited by BumpyJohnson

Hope this gym would make my character look like this:

oz6XTFo.png

You even made actual controls & combos. That is something valuable for a concept.

Funny. I posted a similar idea back in 2014. Glad to see it revisited!

I love the ideas you brought out here – very well developed! Nice job.

I think it would all come down to the ability to implement actual fight moves, even in a Mortal Kombat style, which might cause the hindrance.
If they could do it, I think it would be a hit.

They did it in the original game Fable, which I thought was a lot of fun. The club met at midnight at a special location outside of town. 
It would be even better if we could gamble on a winner too, and make some cash.

Nice work on this and thank you for sharing! 

For kicks, here's a link to my old post on the subject. Totally different from this terrific idea. Cheers! :)

SouthLand

I had fun playing on the fighting club with Luis Lopez on the GTA 4 DLC

• Like 1

JackCarter

I've wanted more in depth hand to hand for years. I think the limit is striking. I don't see why they couldn't at the very least delve into some boxing & muay thai. Would love a straight up fight club. The first deathmatch I made in creator was a brawl.  

Speaking of Bas Rutten, he's been live streaming his Muay Thai workouts everyday on his YouTube channel since the lockdowns kicked off.. I got his Streetfighting tape about 15 years ago when I was a young teen with a few years of boxing under my belt... I hope they bring him back for the next GTA...

The further they push us into black ops, the more logical it is for a better combatives system. That's at the very least...

BumpyJohnson
20 hours ago, fw3 said:

Funny. I posted a similar idea back in 2014. Glad to see it revisited!

I love the ideas you brought out here – very well developed! Nice job.

I think it would all come down to the ability to implement actual fight moves, even in a Mortal Kombat style, which might cause the hindrance.
If they could do it, I think it would be a hit.

They did it in the original game Fable, which I thought was a lot of fun. The club met at midnight at a special location outside of town. 
It would be even better if we could gamble on a winner too, and make some cash.

Nice work on this and thank you for sharing! 

For kicks, here's a link to my old post on the subject. Totally different from this terrific idea. Cheers! :)

I posted my very first concept on the fighting in 2013 😜 (check it out here) as well as a few other threads trying to spark a movement to get the mele improved.  I have revised this idea a couple times since then to keep up with the current state of the game.   I'm glad you love it.  wish R* did too.  lol  Thanks for the compliments tho.

1 hour ago, JackCarter said:

I've wanted more in depth hand to hand for years. I think the limit is striking. I don't see why they couldn't at the very least delve into some boxing & muay thai. Would love a straight up fight club. The first deathmatch I made in creator was a brawl.  

Speaking of Bas Rutten, he's been live streaming his Muay Thai workouts everyday on his YouTube channel since the lockdowns kicked off.. I got his Streetfighting tape about 15 years ago when I was a young teen with a few years of boxing under my belt... I hope they bring him back for the next GTA...

The further they push us into black ops, the more logical it is for a better combatives system. That's at the very least...

My first deathmatch was for fighting too. 👍😎  It was in front of Lester's house in that fenced in square.  Made some boxing rings and MMA cages too.  The pic in the original post is one of the cages.  Peep the fist icon on the floor. 😁  If you're on xbox check them out link in the original post.

Edited by BumpyJohnson
  • Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 3:27 PM, BumpyJohnson said:

I posted my very first concept on the fighting in 2013 😜 (check it out here) as well as a few other threads trying to spark a movement to get the mele improved.  I have revised this idea a couple times since then to keep up with the current state of the game.   I'm glad you love it.  wish R* did too.  lol  Thanks for the compliments tho.

My first deathmatch was for fighting too. 👍😎  It was in front of Lester's house in that fenced in square.  Made some boxing rings and MMA cages too.  The pic in the original post is one of the cages.  Peep the fist icon on the floor. 😁  If you're on xbox check them out link in the original post.

I really love that you've been a solid proponent of this concept since the beginning, and you continue to rally for it.

Question is, would Rockstar consider it for the next iteration of the game (GTA6)?

I always wanted to make use of the skateboard parks, since day one, as well. I can't imagine it would have been a difficult task to make a rideable skateboard with some barebones trick-skills attached... I mean, they have BMX bikes that you can grind on stuff, why not a skateboard?

Again, would they consider it for the next game? 

The answer is: who knows, right? 

Anyhow, glad to know there are folks like you committed to bringing strong concepts to the game, since the inception. Cheers for that! :)

• Like 1

BumpyJohnson
On 5/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, fw3 said:

I really love that you've been a solid proponent of this concept since the beginning, and you continue to rally for it.

Question is, would Rockstar consider it for the next iteration of the game (GTA6)?

I always wanted to make use of the skateboard parks, since day one, as well. I can't imagine it would have been a difficult task to make a rideable skateboard with some barebones trick-skills attached... I mean, they have BMX bikes that you can grind on stuff, why not a skateboard?

Again, would they consider it for the next game? 

The answer is: who knows, right? 

Anyhow, glad to know there are folks like you committed to bringing strong concepts to the game, since the inception. Cheers for that! :)

They may have been waiting for 6 to do something on the fighting but since Online isn't dying anytime soon and 6 seems far away I hope they do something.

• 7 months later...
testarossa 86

this is actually amazing.

it's not like boxing/fighting has never been in a GTA game before; we've seen it in GTA: SA.

we could get a new fighting system that would make melee combat more fun.

Rockstar loves making references to pop culture, such as iconic fighting movies.

we could see references from movies such as Fight Club, Rocky, The Karate Kid, Bloodsport, etc

these references could be included in clothes/outfits, types of gyms, etc

we could also see a story/setup based around the real life Sun Gym Gang.

owning a gym would be awesome, it would feel somewhat grounded and new compared to what's been available to purchase for our player such as military bunkers/government facilities.

maybe we could have Brucie involved and we do supply runs getting Bull Shark Testosterone or something.

• Like 1

once you enter the fight lobby or whatever the controls could change...

but once you are unarmed and hold aim/lock on the fight controls should be active...so they could add new fighting styles/ moves that way....this would be cool, especially if you could fight NPCs too (even if not for in game money)...

and they could add gyms/ dojos and specific training that increases power, speed, durability, stamina etc....

You could co-own one of the say 4 gyms they add (that way its not like clubs where every1has a private club that no1 uses, 4 or so gyms that you can co-own would mean more people at/using gyms....like how you are more likely to find players at music lockers than the other clubs around LS)

and in co-owning the gym they could add set-up missions...

like steal the rival gyms supply of steroids.....

or defend yourself from the juice heads (who are really strong)

or win the fight competition etc

loads of things you could do...

the fight club in saints row 2 was a fun side activity

and I loved the fighting styles from San Andreas 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2021 at 9:30 AM, LL Cool L said:

I agree. If you remember, I think in San Andreas, when they had Rhythm Based Minigames (both the Dance Challenges and Low Rider Competitions) where an independent subset of controls was used specifically for that event. I ruled the Low Rider, but was just awful at the Dancing. LOL!

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by fw3
Added photos.

55 minutes ago, fw3 said:

I agree. If you remember, I think in San Andreas, when they had Rhythm Based Minigames (both the Dance Challenges and Low Rider Competitions) where an independent subset of controls was used specifically for that event. I ruled the Low Rider, but was just awful at the Dancing. LOL!

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

yhhh !! lol exactly!

VictorVance1239

I've wanted this for years but sadly I doubt we'll see it. Atleast not in 5's online. Probably not 6 either. Seems like all rockstar cares about is having HUGE MILITARY WEAPONS, SPORTS CARS, and EXPLOSIVE MISSLES rather than stuff like this. 

It would be nice to have some other types of weapons too like ninja stuff along with the ninja moves, ability to use stealthy attacks, bringing back ability to grab people from behind to take them as hostage with a gun, or to snap their necks like we could with Victor Vance in Vice City Stories. If that was possible on a PSP there's no reason that i can't be done on the modern consoles. RS has just gone lazy. 

The only thing we have close to this is the hand to hand death matches but thats no fun either because of all the lag, and people just double team all day anyways. Yawn. 

OP UDATED!  Please read the changes when you guys have time. ✌️

On 1/5/2021 at 6:53 PM, testarossa 86 said:

this is actually amazing.

it's not like boxing/fighting has never been in a GTA game before; we've seen it in GTA: SA.

we could get a new fighting system that would make melee combat more fun.

Rockstar loves making references to pop culture, such as iconic fighting movies.

we could see references from movies such as Fight Club, Rocky, The Karate Kid, Bloodsport, etc

these references could be included in clothes/outfits, types of gyms, etc

we could also see a story/setup based around the real life Sun Gym Gang.

owning a gym would be awesome, it would feel somewhat grounded and new compared to what's been available to purchase for our player such as military bunkers/government facilities.

maybe we could have Brucie involved and we do supply runs getting Bull Shark Testosterone or something.

Awesome suggestions.  Would definately be cool to see the movies you mentioned referenced in the clothes,  haircuts and even missions.  A story based around Sun Gym Gang would be cool.  Probably best for GTA 6 tho since its in Vice City and the Sun Gym gang is in Miami.  Good post tho.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:30 AM, LL Cool L said:

but once you are unarmed and hold aim/lock on the fight controls should be active...so they could add new fighting styles/ moves that way....this would be cool, especially if you could fight NPCs too (even if not for in game money)...

and they could add gyms/ dojos and specific training that increases power, speed, durability, stamina etc....

You could co-own one of the say 4 gyms they add (that way its not like clubs where every1has a private club that no1 uses, 4 or so gyms that you can co-own would mean more people at/using gyms....like how you are more likely to find players at music lockers than the other clubs around LS)

and in co-owning the gym they could add set-up missions...

like steal the rival gyms supply of steroids.....

or defend yourself from the juice heads (who are really strong)

or win the fight competition etc

loads of things you could do...

the fight club in saints row 2 was a fun side activity

and I loved the fighting styles from San Andreas 

Yes this is exactly what I was thinking.   Everything is based off the fact once we hold left trigger to aim at an enemy the control scheme changes to mele.  All I did was hold left trigger and see what commands arent being used or are duplicates and reassigned them.  For example,  Y/triangle has no action while locked on so R* could easily make this a grab command.  Right trigger is a duplicate command as we already have 2 other buttons that mele so this can be change to a special move.  Also,  the bumpers have no actions assigned to them either so thats 2 additional special move slots.

Gyms with specific training is kinda what I was going for.  Altgough not for increases power, speed, durability,  etc  I figured R* would have to add those stats before we could think about building them and Im not sure they will at this point.  Now adding an overall fight stat to our skills list would definately work.  Currently,  we have Stamina, Shooting. Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Lung Capacity and Mental State.  They just need to add a FIGHTING stat.  Stats are broken into 5 blocks so this could mean 5 levels of skill where as you increase your stat each level new moves are unlocked.  Didnt think about co-owning a gym.  Thats interesting.  I was more along the lines of us buying our own gym like we did nightclubs and arcades.  I think the mission idea can be implimented either way tho.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:26 AM, fw3 said:

Good example but you didnt even have to go that far back for your point.  Currently in the game now is dancing which when done in the club is exactly what you described (independant subset of controls). If they can do that for dancing then they can do it for mele combat.  We just need the community to push for it.

• YEE 1

Nefarious_Poundcake

I do like the idea. I can’t say as I’d really be interested in a whole “underground fight” scene. But the idea of updating the melee combat to this game would be nice.

I suppose our characters are not trained cops (sleeping dogs) or former soldiers (mafia 3) but I’d like to see silent takedowns at the very least. I enjoyed the close combat systems of Sleeping Dogs and the silent takedowns of Mafia 3 as a great example. 

• Like 1

I was expecting each character to have their own fighting style, so sad they all fight the same in GtA V. Gta iv fighting was so much more fun. With that being said, a boxing fight club dlc would be cool as fighting in rdo is very very fun and intense. I doubt theyd ever update gtao system just for a fighting dlc tho

On 1/17/2021 at 4:26 AM, Jammsbro said:

Fighting in 3d games doesn't really work. This would most likely suck, just like the ufc games.

Wrestling games used to work fine. Of course I haven't played one of these in over 10 years, so maybe they've gone to sh*t as well.

• 1 month later...

LC Cage fighters flashback

(TBOGT) 

El Cavilldo

Love this idea, it will add a lot of depth to our character's story! 

And if you have doubts about wrestling games being fun, just remember this beauty. It even have the same 'newcomer loser becomes gang boss' vibe:

Spoiler

Just imagine doing this on Bolingbroke Penitentiary, Tequi-La-La, the Altruist camp, the Diamond Casino podium, or all the Business Battles' scenarios...

A Fight Club DLC with just half of what Def Jam: FFNY game does would add years of gameplay to GTA:O.

Edited by El Cavilldo
  • Like 1

GrungeNinja
On 1/17/2021 at 12:26 AM, Jammsbro said:

Fighting in 3d games doesn't really work. This would most likely suck, just like the ufc games.

The first rule of the fight club, is that you don't talk about the fight club. 😶

Seriously though, I think that it would be a great idea, considering the fact that we don't use melee that much in the GTA series.

• Like 1