Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTA VI Protagonist & Diversity


yungsufoto

Recommended Posts

yungsufoto

What do you think about it? I think we can possibly see a gay protagonist in the next part of GTA. 

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 6
  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
GhettoJesus

I think it is entirely possible. I would lowkey hope for one just to see the reaction of people. It would be a sh*tshow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquamaniac

GTA IV had gay people, so it wouldn't suprise me, I'm not too fond of the idea, homosexualism is promoted too much these days.

  • Like 10
  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Orbea Occam

I mean technically speaking Trevor was gay, so it's kind of already happened. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
GhettoJesus
1 minute ago, Aquamaniac said:

GTA IV had gay people, so it wouldn't suprise me, I'm not too fond of the idea, homosexualism is promoted too much these days.

There is a reason why it is promoted so much these days. I think your problem comes from companies realizing that being LGBTQ+ would make money for them (the same companies that put on pride profile pictures every June didn't do this 10 years ago, the cynicism they have) so they try to put characters in from said movement and heavily promoting this one characteristic in hopes of cash while forgetting about personality traits. Believe me though, just by having an LGBTQ+ protagonist won't be about promoting homosexuality if they aren't going to do it for cash.

 

3 minutes ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

I mean technically speaking Trevor was gay, so it's kind of already happened. 

He was bisexual (or if he ever did it with trans people then pan) so yeah, you are right.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Schwartzxz

f*ck no. if Rockstar starts doing that sh*t where they have to represent the women and the gays and other endangered species Ill never ever buy or play another game from them. movies have been doing that sh*t and I barely even watch any new movie these days. Im sick of it.

  • Like 22
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8

GTA V had a bisexual protagonist and there's been strong representation of LGBT characters in GTA (as well as other Rockstar games) going back over a decade now. It wouldn't even be a big deal besides maybe among the same very immature type of people who had a sh*tfit over the title "The Ballad of Gay Tony". Not all criminals are straight and the protagonist's sexuality isn't a particularly important aspect of the game.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
30 minutes ago, Schwartzxz said:

f*ck no. if Rockstar starts doing that sh*t where they have to represent the women and the gays and other endangered species Ill never ever buy or play another game from them. movies have been doing that sh*t and I barely even watch any new movie these days. Im sick of it.

Women are 50% of the world population and there's millions of gay people. When trying to tell a realistic story or create a realistic game world it's simply bad writing to pretend that whole groups of people don't exist or to not put effort into writing them well. If you haven't noticed GTA has included plenty of female and LGBT characters for at least the last 12 years. Because the game revolves around the world of crime it's still always more realistic that the majority of characters are straight men anyway so you're always going to have that, imagine being so fragile that you can't handle the idea of less than 100% of the characters catering to you.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 11
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MyNameIsNotImportantBro
2 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

imagine being so fragile that you can't handle the idea of less than 100% of the characters catering to you.

I mean, Its Grand theft auto, not Grand Gay Auto

  • Like 7
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
1 minute ago, OmarMohammed said:

I mean, Its Grand theft auto, not Grand Gay Auto

Nor is it Grand Straight Auto lol. Should've told Rockstar when they put out a GTA game with a bisexual protagonist 7 years ago.

  • Like 11
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

I now hope the protagonist is a gay woman.

  • Like 15
  • YEE 3
  • fir thi bairns 2
  • KEKW 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Schwartzxz
2 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Women are 50% of the world population and there's millions of gay people. When trying to tell a realistic story or create a realistic game world it's simply bad writing to pretend that whole groups of people don't exist. If you haven't noticed GTA has included plenty of female and LGBT characters for at least the last 12 years. Because the game revolves around crime it's still always more realistic that the majority of characters are straight men anyway so you're always going to have that, imagine being so fragile that you can't handle the idea of less than 100% of the characters catering to you.

this is about the PROTAGONIST. not all the characters in the game. I dont want the protagonist to be gay or a woman. most of the people dont want that Im sure. besides that I dont care who they put in the game. 

if somebody does want a woman as a protagonist then I hope some other studio would be willing to start making a series of video games similar to GTA where you can play only as a woman. but leave GTA as it was all these years. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
2 minutes ago, Schwartzxz said:

I dont want the protagonist to be gay or a woman. most of the people dont want that Im sure.

Care to elaborate at least?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
marquuard

It's sad that we have come to the point where the main character's gender and perceived or real sexual identity have become a major consideration.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
thisisdagger

Why are more and more of these questions popping up recently?

 

Personally I dont really care aslong as its done well. If its just done to pander to SJWs hell no

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
GhettoJesus

I mean we have seen Reni, Trevor, Gay Tony, Freddy, Bernie, Bryce as LGBTQ+ characters and Armando was also implied as one.

 

2 minutes ago, thisisdagger said:

Why are more and more of these questions popping up recently?

 

Personally I dont really care aslong as its done well. If its just done to pander to SJWs hell no

 

Basically this, a lot of this woke stuff has been done for cash recently (like the pride profile picture trend) but R* could execute it well before so I have no worries about it.

 

But in the end why should it even matter, it's all about quality. All kinds of protagonists can be well done or badly done.

Edited by GhettoJesus
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
ArmenianAssasin77

Trevor is not gay lol.

In the first mission he was f*cking Ashley (Johhny's Girlfriend).

But i hope they dont add a gay protagonist in the game.

And they probably wont because it would ruin the experience of muslim and christian gamers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
13 minutes ago, marquuard said:

This topic tomorrow:

RfFVId8.png 

FTFY

  • Like 5
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Schwartzxz
11 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Care to elaborate at least?

this is only a matter of opinion but for me its like a specific role in the movie. it cant be played by anybody. GTA protagonist needs to be a masculine guy. 

another reason I want a masculine guy who f*cks hookers more now than ever is because it would feel very forced right now if they had a protagonist who is trans, gay or a woman. I would like to see them to go against that. 

Im not completely against the idea of having a woman as a protagonist. just not right now and certanly not as the only protagonist. 

 

  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MyNameIsNotImportantBro
22 minutes ago, marquuard said:

This topic tomorrow:

AVBVoj4.png

 

8 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

FTFY

Hol' up

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Collibosher
29 minutes ago, ArmenianAssasin77 said:

Trevor is not gay lol.

In the first mission he was f*cking Ashley (Johhny's Girlfriend).

But i hope they dont add a gay protagonist in the game.

And they probably wont because it would ruin the experience of muslim and christian gamers.

f*ck, rob and kill as many prostitutes as you want, but it's the gayness that's a step too far for the religious people 😄

  • Like 4
  • KEKW 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsonFolo

who ya bang is irrelevant to teh story prob so no point in adding in something like that. It doesn't fit GTA style which is more focused around crimes and shooting. People get GTA to drive cars and shoot people, not bang people lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
1 hour ago, Schwartzxz said:

this is about the PROTAGONIST. not all the characters in the game. I dont want the protagonist to be gay or a woman. most of the people dont want that Im sure. besides that I dont care who they put in the game. 

if somebody does want a woman as a protagonist then I hope some other studio would be willing to start making a series of video games similar to GTA where you can play only as a woman. but leave GTA as it was all these years. 

Trevor is bisexual lol. Jimmy Hopkins the protagonist of another Rockstar game Bully could optionally be bisexual in 2006. My point is they've been "progressive" or "inclusive" or whatever you want to call it for a long time already. At this point a protagonist not being guaranteed to always be a straight male shouldn't be a huge deal. Especially when the protagonist's sexuality is hardly the focal point of the game, it's about crime not romance. Whether the protagonist is well written is what matters. 

 

This thread reminds me of another one (which was unfortunately a total sh*tfest) that was like "What if they had transgender hookers in GTA VI????" and lots of people freaking out about the idea.....when there was literally a transgender stripper you could get lapdances from in GTA V lmao. They already crossed the line of featuring LGBT characters including protagonists many years ago and it's had no negative effect on the games. 

 

51 minutes ago, Schwartzxz said:

this is only a matter of opinion but for me its like a specific role in the movie. it cant be played by anybody. GTA protagonist needs to be a masculine guy. 

another reason I want a masculine guy who f*cks hookers more now than ever is because it would feel very forced right now if they had a protagonist who is trans, gay or a woman. I would like to see them to go against that. 

Im not completely against the idea of having a woman as a protagonist. just not right now and certanly not as the only protagonist. 

 

Being gay doesn't mean someone can't be masculine. Not all gay men have the stereotypical camp personality.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 7
  • YEE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Schwartzxz
55 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Not all gay men have the stereotypical camp personality.

that doesnt guarantee that at some point during the game they wouldnt make him act or do something thats stereotypical of a gay guy.

 

btw why would I have to accept a gay protagonist in a GTA game? not any game. GTA game. why? why is that being forced too? and dont mention Trevor again. gay and bi is not the same.

 

if they had a stereotypical gay protagonist in a GTA game 10-15 years ago I wouldnt like it but if thats what they wanted to do then good for them. today it would just feel forced. in real life I have nothing against gay people. as a protagonist in a GTA game I dont want it. if that offends someone or whatever I dont really care. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Aquamaniac
3 hours ago, ArmenianAssasin77 said:

Trevor is not gay lol.

In the first mission he was f*cking Ashley (Johhny's Girlfriend).

But i hope they dont add a gay protagonist in the game.

And they probably wont because it would ruin the experience of muslim and christian gamers.

 

GTA is already as amoral as it can get, being gay is no worse than murder or go to hookers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 5 Users Currently Viewing
    2 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • IzzyBlues
    • Buckcote
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.