Assassin's Creed Valhalla

UltraZ

Yep, the games a looker. I'm spending far too long just walking around the countryside.

ACValhalla-2020-11-11-20-24-27-288.png

ACValhalla-2020-11-12-14-33-48-862.png

• Like 2

Man I want to give this game a try but I'm to busy with Witcher 3.

Quick question, can you zoom the camera closer on combat?

13 minutes ago, TheJesus1996 said:

On the Witcher? If you are on PC there’s a mod called immersive cam which lets you zoom in on combat. As for Valhalla I’m not to sure to be honest. The only thing I’ve done in the settings for Valhalla is removing the f*ckin sh*t dmg numbers.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

1 hour ago, TheJesus1996 said:

You can adjust FOV.

1 hour ago, DEADWOODZ said:

On the Witcher? If you are on PC there’s a mod called immersive cam which lets you zoom in on combat. As for Valhalla I’m not to sure to be honest. The only thing I’ve done in the settings for Valhalla is removing the f*ckin sh*t dmg numbers.

1 minute ago, Slappy212 said:

You can adjust FOV.

Sorry I was referring to Valhalla, in what I have seen the camera looks extremely far in combat... that I feel it could hurt my personal game inmersion. 

Witcher 3 camera angles are fine for me not great but after 60 hours I got used to it, maybe the same could happen with Valhalla.

I'm on console btw.

CPU dispatched, should be arriving this weekend. Soon, Valhalla, soon.

Can't wait to play it tbh, been such a dry year for games I'm itching for a big meaty open world.

• Like 2

There is one thing that is really, really irritating me at the minute with this game. (bare in mind, still in Norway) 

As you walk around villages or settlements, or anywhere with a vast number of NPC's, you get a few who appear to be huddled together whispering. It's a fast, inaudible whisper that happens again and again with no relenting. Now it is annoying, but you can just walk away from them. Not that big of a deal. 

However, I was just in a cutscene involving a feast, and I am trying to listen to the dialogue, and in the background the guests are doing this continuous, inaudible whisper throughout the entire scene. It was so off putting. If this was a conscious decision to include this murmuring, then it is truly bizarre. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Edited by LittleBlueTroll

SIG-2.jpg

10 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

There is one thing that is really, really irritating me at the minute with this game. (bare in mind, still in Norway) 

As you walk around villages or settlements, or anywhere with a vast number of NPC's, you get a few who appear to be huddled together whispering. It's a fast, inaudible whisper that happens again and again with no relenting. Now it is annoying, but you can just walk away from them. Not that big of a deal. 

However, I was just in a cutscene involving a feast, and I am trying to listen to the dialogue, and in the background the guests are doing this continuous, inaudible whisper throughout the entire scene. It was so off putting. If this was a conscious decision to include this murmuring, then it is truly bizarre. Has anyone else experienced this? 

Prepare for more of that in England, I thought I had some asmr or something open in the background. Also I’m having some weird lighting flicker issues, glowing eyes when in dark areas and texture pop-in now and again. I’ve heard it could be to do with 21:9 ratio, but I honestly hope they patch it soon.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

I got the entirety of the Modern Day ending spoiled for me and… Holy sh*t. Without revealing anything, I’m very excited for future titles now.

Few more pics. Just left Norway after 11 hours. 😛 

AZ_VALHALLA_10.jpg

AZ_VALHALLA_18.jpg

AZ_VALHALLA_19.jpg

AZ_VALHALLA_14.jpg

AZ_VALHALLA_11.jpg

AZ_VALHALLA_08.jpg

• Like 3

About to do the Lunden arc soon, I've heard nothing but praise from it.

Few shots from my travels:

ACValhalla-2020-11-11-19-21-59-390.png

ACValhalla-2020-11-14-00-53-02-346.png

ACValhalla-2020-11-13-00-08-18-470.png

ACValhalla-2020-11-14-00-35-46-604.png

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 3

Just made it out of Norway, roughly on the same play time as @AZAZEL

I still have a couple of things dotted around the Norway map, but I had to move on, I love snow in games, but I was getting a bit tired of it. I thought some new scenery was needed. 

Made me chuckle a bit when the game transitions from Norway to England, and you get the AC Valhalla logo fade onto the screen, I've been here for 11 hours, but thanks 😄

• Like 2

SIG-2.jpg

11 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

Just made it out of Norway, roughly on the same play time as @AZAZEL

I still have a couple of things dotted around the Norway map, but I had to move on, I love snow in games, but I was getting a bit tired of it. I thought some new scenery was needed. 

Made me chuckle a bit when the game transitions from Norway to England, and you get the AC Valhalla logo fade onto the screen, I've been here for 11 hours, but thanks 😄

There's a lot of things i still need to check out in Norway, thankfully you can return at any time haha.

Didn't get to explore much last night. I made it to England, done my first raid then I had some stuff to do in reality land. 

Will be getting in to it today!

However, I did bump in to the Valhalla equivalent of a Phylake from Origins. Not sure what they are called on this game, but you know the enemies who are like mini boss fights. They roam around in the world and you can fight them whenever you like. 

Needless to say, I won't be making that mistake again for a while. I had my sleeper arrows, so I thought I would put him to sleep, hack away, rinse and repeat for a bit. It didn't work. He slept for like 2 seconds, and even as he slept my attacks just bounced off of him 😄 I ran off eventually. I will come back for him one day.

Edited by LittleBlueTroll
  • Like 2

SIG-2.jpg

Couple more shots. Photomode has consumed me.

ACValhalla-2020-11-15-22-20-42-661.png

ACValhalla-2020-11-12-14-32-55-033.png

ACValhalla-2020-11-15-22-41-58-334.png

Edited by DEADWOODZ
  • Like 1

Played about an hour so far, liking it a lot. Combat feels weighter than Odyssey's and the gore and executions are noice. Open world exploration seems more intriguing as well, quests aren't shouty, and some stuff I've seen requires yer own bit of thinking. Only did the one starter raid so far but I am very much looking forward to more of that as well.

Running it on high across the board except medium shadows averaging 30-50 fps at 3440x1440 which with motion blur and a controller is just fine for me. My 1070 is off it's tits running at these settings mind you, but it's holding up pretty well so far.

They need to release a patch or something soon, the lighting flicker sh*t is starting to do my swede in. I've even tried to revert drivers but it's a no go...

I'm not the only one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ubisoft/comments/jso0ef/lightingshadow_flicker/

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Ooof yea, this is hitting the spots. Tempted to turn the exploration setting to the max immersion at this point, but I worry it might be a little too difficult to find stuff. We'll see if the quality holds up over the course of the game, but Ubi seems to have finally figured out open worlds. The little stories dabbled about, having to figure stuff out for your self, I like I like.

Also liking the new level up system, it's not wildly groundbreaking or anything, but it's refreshing leveling up so often and having skill points to spend. I'm also a fan of the bespoke loot system versus the more common RNG system, which again is refreshing.

Visually the game does look pretty damn great at times as well, the lighting seems like a big improvement over Odyssey in particular.

23 hours ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

Needless to say, I won't be making that mistake again for a while.

So as it turns out, I did make that mistake again, merely hours after posting this🤡

Was a different enemy though. I came up from underground after looking for some treasure, and the horn blew the second I got to the outside world, I saw the enemy, and I had a nice new bow so I thought "I'm going for it" I was instantly filled with regret once again. 

I thought I read somewhere that you can blow your horn when out in the world, and your buddy's will appear and help you fight. So I blew the horn, and not a sausage. Not only that, the animation of blowing the horn didn't even finished before the enemy took the first swing, so it was literally over before it even started. 

Honestly, it was the equivalent of this meme when I shot the bow for the first time, after telling myself earlier it was a terrible idea:

ff1.jpg

SIG-2.jpg

My god has Ubisoft stepped up their open world design with this game. It's still very Ubisoft, but I'm finding (so far) that they kept the good bits and did away with the bad bits for the most part. Loving the variety in the open world interactions and content, the world its self feels way more handcrafted than prior Ubisoft open worlds too.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

My god has Ubisoft stepped up their open world design with this game. It's still very Ubisoft, but I'm finding (so far) that they kept the good bits and did away with the bad bits for the most part. Loving the variety in the open world interactions and content, the world its self feels way more handcrafted than prior Ubisoft open worlds too.

Hard agree - a lot of the “fat” has since been trimmed away from the World Events / side-quests and I like that. So far, I’m finding myself more engaged when it comes to exploring the open-world compared to Origins and Odyssey.

Edited by TheGayOni
  • Like 2

The world events feel very RDR2-y. Short and sweet interactions that often require a bit of manual thinking that give you that "eureka!" moment, versus Ubi's old style copy and paste checklist side content. Huuuuuge improvement over Odyssey and Origins.

• Like 3

Yea can I just add I think Ubisoft are very underrated when it comes to their open worlds. Watch Dogs 2 was the same didn’t get enough credit. Valhalla is brilliant IMO. You know a game is good when your at work and you just want to get home and get on it. It reminds me quite a bit of Witcher 3. I love how the world events seem seamless as well. Really helps with the immersion. It also helps that I just love that period of history. I think this one will end up being my favourite tbh.

Edited by YNNEL
  • Like 2

Grichka Bogdanoff

Miss this lil nigga like you wouldn't believe. The series would be dead without him.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

The world events feel very RDR2-y. Short and sweet interactions that often require a bit of manual thinking that give you that "eureka!" moment, versus Ubi's old style copy and paste checklist side content. Huuuuuge improvement over Odyssey and Origins.

45 minutes ago, YNNEL said:

Yea can I just add I think Ubisoft are very underrated when it comes to their open worlds. I love how the world events seem seamless as well. Really helps with the immersion. It also helps that I just love that period of history. I think this one will end up being my favourite tbh.

I'd love to see what this studio could do in a completely urban setting, in a game with a more traditional combat & gameplay

a Chuck Kojima post.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 2

8 hours ago, Jason said:

The world events feel very RDR2-y. Short and sweet interactions that often require a bit of manual thinking that give you that "eureka!" moment.

Yeah 100%.

I made no secrets about the fact I didn't like this presentation of side quest or world events when I first played. I guess I was used to being spoon fed my quests on AC. However, now I am used to it, I definitely see the improvement. I also understand why they did it this way.

Met a guy yesterday in a world event, who told me he had a headache after his latest battle:

b3b20201115184335.jpg

SIG-2.jpg

10 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

Yeah 100%.

I made no secrets about the fact I didn't like this presentation of side quest or world events when I first played. I guess I was used to being spoon fed my quests on AC. However, now I am used to it, I definitely see the improvement. I also understand why they did it this way.

Met a guy yesterday in a world event, who told me he had a headache after his latest battle:

Yea I met that guy too and he's a great example of side content for Valhalla IMO. It's a short unique, memorable interaction which Ubi open worlds have sorely lacked for a long long time.

There's still the Ubisoft checklist stuff in there, but it's no where near as prevalent as it was in previous games, which means I'm enjoying it a lot more rather than being like "oh ffs another camp I have to clear...".

• Like 2

Yea I met that guy it was great lol

I had another where I met a little girl waiting for her dad to come home. That was great as well.

Can’t wait to play this on PS5.

Edited by YNNEL

What sort of weapon combos are you guys running? I used the 1H knife-thing, with a flail in the offhand for a while. Now I finally unlocked the skill that lets you dual wield 2H weapons, so I'm using a 2H greatsword and a heavy kite shield, which is alright.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.