Assassin's Creed Valhalla

UltraZ

Grichka Bogdanoff

Ok cool but go back to the Unity formula for the next game please and thank you.

a Hideo Kojima post.

• Like 5

IDK anymore with this series tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corndawg93 said:

Sooooo... was that Kassandra??????

According to Darby McDevitt, no. But it absolutely does resemble her, so, you'd not be daft for assuming otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...
Grichka Bogdanoff

New trailer just got released, also previews are coming out.

They're also streaming some gameplay on twitch 

a Hideo Kojima post.

• Like 2

It's just a boring generic RPG game with no resemblance to the AC series as it seems. At least Origins and even Odyssey somewhat had proper connections to the present times, but this just seems like its too much fantasy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheJesus1996 said:

That Deep Dive Trailer almost convinced me ngl

same! I kinda feel like the open world aspect of this game will be good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyGanteks said:

It's just a boring generic RPG game with no resemblance to the AC series as it seems. At least Origins and even Odyssey somewhat had proper connections to the present times, but this just seems like its too much fantasy.

I'm pretty sure there's still a modern storyline in this one. They generally don't show much, if any, of that in the previews. This new trailer actually kinda put me at ease about all the fantasy elements. It sorta looked as if that stuff is mostly going to be optional side quests activated by some sort of drug/hallucination rather than being tied to the game's "reality".

They finally showed a little of how it all ties into the Assassin's, too, which was kinda neat. I'm finally kind of excited about this game. Still likely going to wait until it's half off before I give it a buy, though.

The visual improvements especially to the characters faces are nice to see, didn't expect them to change that since the last time they showed the game only a few months ago. They look loads better. I'm genuinely looking forward to playing it but I'll probably wait until next year to do so cause it's coming out at a time where it will end up on the backburner, it should make a great early 2021 game when things are quiet though, just like Odyssey did for me in 2019. Odyssey was a bit of a refresher for me after RDR2 too, I can see this being the same after Cyberpunk.

This latest video has me convinced. AC games lure me in but ultimately disappoint me very quickly. If I were to describe AC, I would say the whole thing is like a behind-the-scenes motion-picture film-set. There are the extras walking around on set but not ever really doing anything convincing.  I never feel immersed in the world. Part of that is the animus, current day nonsense that I think the game can do without. It's a mildly interesting concept probably more suited to a film but does little to contribute to immersive gameplay. I'd rather feel like I'm first-hand experiencing these worlds through my own experiences playing the game, not through some other filter of a guy in the present experiencing some VR. Tonally, it all over the place in this regard. It's a reminder I'm playing a game. 

Then we have these massive open worlds with an almost cynical amount of collectibles which are marked on the map. So, it's not like you discover them or they are hidden treasures. These are marked in an abundance all over the map that just looks like one big chore. To anyone that wants to check things off and complete the game, this doesn't look like fun. It's a massive eye-sore of a chore put there drag the game out. I'm left feeling "whats the point?" this is too much, so I desert the game after 15 hours. 

It's a real pity because AC has interesting ideas. Some of the storytelling is downright dull. However, I was enthralled with the early games, learning about local history in Italy and exploring historical sites etc. But worlds never felt like they rewarded or encourages exploration. Not like Skyrim or Fallout. It's seems all very copy/pasted. 

After watching this video, Valhalla actually seems like it's trying to move in a direction of something more rich in exploration. Map diversity looks superb.

Probably buy this in 2021 as well. Cyberpunk will be taking up most my time. Valhalla seems like a nice game to jump into after playing a future-sci-fi game. But definitely the last video has me interested. I just hope they don't ruin it with too many intrusive HUD elements. 

• Like 4

Odyssey was basically the fast food equivalent of an open world RPG, it had all the usual menu options, none of them are great, maybe one or two things, but every now and then you're in the mood for a Macca's.

I will literally only give a sh*t about this game if the tribe of Jutes is present in the game.

Spoiler

Because I'm a f*cking Jute.

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

Grichka Bogdanoff

Holy pogs I didn't expect them to include the siege of Paris. f*ck it, if it's not episodic I'll grab that one at release.

Also it's nice that they keep making those discovery tours.

a Hideo Kojima post.

Well, now I'm definitely getting this game. Wrath of the Druids set in my neck of the woods. :D   Should be interesting. Dying to see some Celtic/Druid mythology. 

I really wanna play this but man, the week or so launch before Cyberpunk is iffy. It took me well over a week to finish Odyssey and I don't wanna rush through. I do want to get a new GPU over Christmas as well and this could be a good first game for that.

• Like 3

Still not hyped for this.  I just think my love of Assassin’s creed is gone.  Sad day to realize this.

Original Light
22 hours ago, darthYENIK said:

Still not hyped for this.  I just think my love of Assassin’s creed is gone.  Sad day to realize this.

I think it's because the formula has been the same for the past 3 games now. AC Syndicate was the last AC game we've had that was a non-RPG. It was also still structured in "Chapters", and the overall game was a smaller package. I'd be more hyped for that format again, rather than the gigantic Witcher 3 clones. When Origins came out, this felt fresh. It's stale now - time to change it up again. 

I'm still picking this up, but I don't know if I'll complete it. I still haven't finished AC Odyssey, and this is coming from someone who's completed every single game in this franchise.

It's certainly a busy Autumn for video games, last year there was practically nothing... this year we get Mafia: Definitive Edition, Watch Dogs: Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, and COD Black Ops: Cold War. So many games, so little time. 

Edited by Original Light
  • Like 2

I checked the PC specs for this game yesterday, my only weak link is my CPU (i7 4790k) Which just meets the recommended settings. 

I have an RTX 2070 Super, so my GPU is good enough, I just hope it isn't too CPU heavy.

My other question is this, I have heard terrible things about recent Assassins Creed PC releases. 

I have played Origins and Odyessey on PC, but that was long after launch and multiple patches.

How do they usually perform from day 1?

SIG-2.jpg

1 hour ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

I checked the PC specs for this game yesterday, my only weak link is my CPU (i7 4790k) Which just meets the recommended settings. 

I have an RTX 2070 Super, so my GPU is good enough, I just hope it isn't too CPU heavy.

Theoretically, since it's using Dx12 it should be able to utilize the CPU much better than Origins and Odyssey. Anyway, if you're gaming at 1440p or 4k, the CPU shouldn't be the bottleneck.

Edited by Yokelsson

2 minutes ago, Yokelsson said:

Anyway, if you're gaming at 1440p or 4k, the CPU shouldn't be the bottleneck.

No definitely not, 1080 suits my needs in all honesty. I like to have a pretty game but I always value FPS more, I've only just come from a GTX 970, so I am used to toning things down a bit to suit my needs. The GPU upgrade just gives me a bit more breathing space for newer titles. 

So long as it runs smooth and looks good, I'm a happy camper. 

SIG-2.jpg

I ran Odyssey on a 4670k/1070 at 3440x1440 with high settings - not maxed out/ultra by any means - at 30-50fps. Smooth enough for me typically with a controller, but it did dip below 30 at times and my CPU was struggling with it, the game engine used in AC games has been notoriously CPU hungry in the past. Your CPU has 8 threads vs my 4 so you will probably get a little bit longer out of it so I reckon it'll probably do a job in Valhalla at 1080p still, but it's on it's last legs I think with modern gaming.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:06 PM, Jason said:

I really wanna play this but man, the week or so launch before Cyberpunk is iffy. It took me well over a week to finish Odyssey and I don't wanna rush through. I do want to get a new GPU over Christmas as well and this could be a good first game for that.

Well well well...

• KEKW 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:

but it's on it's last legs I think with modern gaming.

Indeed it is! Annoyingly, I will have to do a new build to upgrade the CPU, as my current motherboard has a 1150 socket, and I have a 4790k already, without upgrading the motherboard I can't really go anywhere from there 😵

On another note, I bet Ubisoft are rubbing their hands together at the delay of Cyberpunk 😆

SIG-2.jpg

Just now, LittleBlueTroll said:

Indeed it is! Annoyingly, I will have to do a new build to upgrade the CPU, as my current motherboard has a 1150 socket, and I have a 4790k already, without upgrading the motherboard I can't really go anywhere from there 😵

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Assuming there's no stock issues (fingers crossed) I'll have a brand new build with a 5800x next month. No new GPU yet, but my 1070 can go for a wee bit longer.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Assuming there's no stock issues (fingers crossed) I'll have a brand new build with a 5800x next month. No new GPU yet, but my 1070 can go for a wee bit longer.

Sounds good 🤙

I actually got "new build fever" during the lockdown, I bought a new GPU and suddenly the overwhelming urge for a new build formulated. In the end I decided against it, as job security was at the forefront of everyone's mind and I didn't want to risk dropping a sizeable chunk of money given the circumstances. 

These are the components I came up with (which will eventually come together for a new rig, although the PSU is a bit OTT)

• Intel i9 9900k
  • Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum Liquid CPU Cooler
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
  • 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600mhz
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
  • Corsair HX1200i PSU
  • Corsair MP510 M.2 SSD 240GB

SIG-2.jpg

I guess i'll get around to picking this up on Uplay after all.

• Like 2

Yeah looks like I'll play Valhalla before Cyberpunk now. Maybe Watch Dogs, who knows. Spanner in the works. 

28 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

Sounds good 🤙

I actually got "new build fever" during the lockdown, I bought a new GPU and suddenly the overwhelming urge for a new build formulated. In the end I decided against it, as job security was at the forefront of everyone's mind and I didn't want to risk dropping a sizeable chunk of money given the circumstances. 

These are the components I came up with (which will eventually come together for a new rig, although the PSU is a bit OTT)

• Intel i9 9900k
  • Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum Liquid CPU Cooler
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
  • 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600mhz
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
  • Corsair HX1200i PSU
  • Corsair MP510 M.2 SSD 240GB

Yea that PSU is wild for that build lol. For me I'll be going with a 5800x, Noctua NH-U12S, 32gb RAM (undecided on speeds, probably 3200 or 3600), Asus ROG Strix B550, Samsung 970 Evo (will buy a second and 4.0 NVMe drive next year) and a, most likely, 650w Corsair PSU. Then hopefully not too long after I'll pick up either probably a 3070 RTX or one of the upcoming AMD GPU's, depending on stock, price and how they bench at 3440x1440.

You probably made a very good decision in hindsight to wait, what with Zen 3 and the new GPU's coming out all at the end of this year.

But anyway, yea, I can see my self buying this or getting a month of uPlay+ now, that Cyberpunk delay has opened up more than enough time to enjoy and finish the game at my own pace.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.