Assassin's Creed Valhalla

UltraZ

Grichka Bogdanoff

Meh. I have zero interesting in paying any of that. The realms part of Valhalla were the weakest parts of it and none of this overdesigned stuff looks appealing to me. Something even more retarded is that they're locking away a bundle as preorder bonus.

Hope they give it away for free in a few years or so. 

Doesn't look like we're getting another major expansion this year either since there's no mention of a Year 2 pass.

Wouldn't mind jumping back into Valhalla at some point. I haven't touched the game since the beginning of last year, was going to give it a bash again during the holidays. I loved exploring Norway and wish i spent a bit more time there.

Honestly, I think what really threw me off on my play-through was all that Asgard shyte, not to mention that absolute slog fest of a story, bleh...

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Yea I've yet to do the Asgard stuff so I can't comment on it being good/bad, I'ma finish it up after I've done with the Paris story.

Paris so far feels a bit more... Assassin's Creedy? Hard to explain but the mission structure and some of the cutscenes felt a little more like the old AC's I've played compared to Odyssey/Valhalla. Enjoying it more than the Ireland DLC already, the story there wasn't great and the Paris map tops Ireland comfortably.

Assassin's Creed® Crossover Stories – Available Now - Ubisoft

This is between odyssey and valhalla, seen the news feed in ubiconnect the other day, the crossover  quests are most likely on valhalla, I believe it's free as well

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Grichka Bogdanoff
3 hours ago, Craigsters said:

This is between odyssey and valhalla, seen the news feed in ubiconnect the other day, the crossover  quests are most likely on valhalla, I believe it's free as well

Both games have gotten a free crossover quest yeah, 2 new locations aswell. Only played the one in Valhalla since I cba reinstalling Odyssey and it was alright, writing is weak as expected but the location was cool and seeing Kassandra again was nice.

• 1 month later...

Apparently, Valhalla is getting a spin-off game.

https://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-dlc-spinoff-basim-eivor-next-g-1848507621

I'm not sure what to think as I didn't get too deep into Valhalla and still haven't even finished Odyssey but I don't like the sounds of this. I'm okay with a smaller Assassin's Creed game but this doesn't sound like they were working on a DLC and it got bigger than they expected so they organically shifted focus to a "full" game. It sounds like Ubisoft doesn't have many games in the pipeline and are going to try and stretch out a DLC to fill a gap in the schedule.

Supposedly it's more stealth based, so perhaps it's a more traditional AC experience? It apparently stars Basim though, who... if he's the protagonist of the game that pretty much kills my interest there and then.

Concerning sign for Ubisoft though tbh. Over the years they've always been good for new IP but now we're seeing an AC spin off, a Division BR meets Tarkov spin-off, a Ghost Recon BR spin off and a new eSports focused generic looking FPS with the Tom Clancy name slapped on it. Meanwhile new IP like Skull and Bones is ??? and their big ambitios project that was supposedly meant to be something new and innovative, BG&E2, is stuck in pre-production after 5 years. They do have Avatar and a Splinter Cell remake but if they're converting an AC DLC into standalone to pad out their release schedule, oof.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if part of their reasoning is they keep making these big AC DLC's that are hard to jump in and out of due to tying them into the main games story, which means many players will probably leave them until after the main story... which takes 4 years to complete.

• Like 1

Grichka Bogdanoff
8 hours ago, DexMacLeod said:

Apparently, Valhalla is getting a spin-off game.

https://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-dlc-spinoff-basim-eivor-next-g-1848507621

I'm not sure what to think as I didn't get too deep into Valhalla and still haven't even finished Odyssey but I don't like the sounds of this. I'm okay with a smaller Assassin's Creed game but this doesn't sound like they were working on a DLC and it got bigger than they expected so they organically shifted focus to a "full" game. It sounds like Ubisoft doesn't have many games in the pipeline and are going to try and stretch out a DLC to fill a gap in the schedule.

>smaller game

>Basim protagonist

>9th century setting

>peak Assassin's location

>Baghdad

>stealthy

>might even go back to a city only setting

Boner: activated. Sign me the f*ck up.

Last shot at a good AC before Infinish*t drops. Praying for a Unity 2.0 but in Arabland, let's f*cking go.

Going back to the old AC formula is good but Ubisoft has a habit of lying. They say stealth focused but they said the same thing early on with Valhalla  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

You can stealth absolutely fine in Valhalla, and in Odyssey to an extent, so they were sorta right but the problem is why bother when going in swinging is quicker and really, more fun, as you have way more weapons, armour and ability options.

Curious to see what it plays like though, Valhalla and Odyssey have been best sellers in the franchise if I recall(?) so a publisher may see reverting the formula as potentially hurting sales perhaps? I dunno, but AC needs to be trimmed down in general so hopefully whatever the game ends up being is, if good, is successful to show Ubi there's more than one way to skin a cat. Less bloat pls.

• 2 weeks later...

game  had a 11 gb update for support of  Dawn of Ragnarök dlc, coming next month

Does anyone know how to calculate the 20% gold coin discount of  the $49.95 ubisoft connect store purchase? I have over  100 gold coins with ubisoft 

I have a feeling Dawn of Ragnarök dlc well be over 30 gb or more in  download size

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

I have not gone back to this game since 2020 :sadkek: I didn't get far and didn't finish it. Seeing that it's gonna be another long bloated game like Odyssey has turned me off from it.

Edited by Zello

13TX8Fv.png

I preordered Dawn of Ragnarök and used 100 gold coin units to get a additional 20% discount and ended up paying $45.19 CAD, they charged  $5.20 taxes on my purchase

you get the Twilight Pack pictured at the top when you preorder Dawn of Ragnarök, the twilight pack installed under my dlc tab in  ubisoft connect this evening

-------------------------------------------------------------

0qK5YrN.png

update

started to play again today  fresh from the beginning  and found, what i think is a young gunnar, think he's the blacksmith, never ran into him at the beginning before

Edited by Craigsters
to show bonus preorder for Dawn of Ragnarök

• 3 weeks later...
Pedro_Mathiaz

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know good ways to get xp after doing almost everything? 

I already did the story, secondary quests, 100% map and I'm at power around 510. But I have yet skills to unlock. I'm struggling in getting xp since there's no much to do.

Is there any ways to get xp faster?

• 3 months later...

After 215 hours i beat the game (almost beat my all-time highscore of 220hours in red dead 2)

I like assassins creed and i had a nice adventure with valhalla, but i didnt enjoy it as much as i did with odyssey (maybe because i dont really dig the viking setting).

And imo valhallas gameplay may be better, but after the first 100hours of fun the second 100hours was just pain in the ass, valhalla is waaaay too long and full of unnecessary stuff/story. Again ubisoft kinda spoiled who the leader of the order is and the main story finished to quick. Quantity > Quality is how i would describe it.

With odyssey i wanted to continue the story and it even got better towards the end.

Valhalla is still a great game and i cant wait to see whats next for the AC franchise. Oh and i like how everyone is getting drunk all the time in valhalla lol, skål!

Valhalla's combat is more refined and the weapon options + dual wielding are nice, but I do prefer Odyssey's combat albeit mainly cause I had an absolute blast with the more fantasy like abilities.

Valhalla's open world is slightly more interesting as well, they've took a good step forward in giving their open worlds more stories and unique things to do... there's just too much of it. Halve Valhalla's open world and content and spend the new free time making what's left really good. I'd liked to have played that game for sure.

As is though, Odyssey's the better game for me.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Mister Pink

I put Valhalla on hold to go back to Odyssey which I do prefer. But for about 30-40 hours, Valhalla was almos the best AC for me as a lot of mechanics were fresh for me and it was one of the first games I played on my new 4KTV/Series X combo. However, like all AC games, it's just bloated. There is so much to do and it gets so repetitive. I'll definitely come back to it. I never actually finished an AC game. I just get bored some way in. Or I see that I'm not levelling up fast and I can see how much needs to be done and it feels laborious the thought of trying to finish the game. 

I bought the DLC Ireland and France add ons and want to do more of them. 

Anyone else find Valhalla combat more challenging? I find Odyssey a bit easier on normal and Vahalla is on normal. You really need to know how to play defensively in Valhalla. 

I have the Paris DLC left to finish on Valhalla but I honestly dunno if I'll ever finish it. I'm at something like 110, 120 hours on my save and I still have nearly the whole vanilla Asgard story line to do as well, but I feel like I've completely hit full burn out on Valhalla as a whole now. The Odin DLC didn't review great either and I've not heard amazing (but also not terrible) things about it so yea I dunno if I can be bothered with that either. I still find the combat enjoyable but I think the games progression is just not built for long term play. I've never been a fan of set based gearing in any game, even proper loot games, and it ultimately makes gearing in Valhalla really, really boring. So basically at this point in my Valhalla playthrough (and truth be told it was true 60 hours in) I'm basically just playing for the story which is too long and also simply aint quite good enough to draw me back in.

On 6/19/2022 at 2:12 PM, Mister Pink said:

Anyone else find Valhalla combat more challenging? I find Odyssey a bit easier on normal and Vahalla is on normal. You really need to know how to play defensively in Valhalla. 

Been a while since I've played Odyssey but Odyssey through it's fantasy abilities has way more AoE attacks that make dealing with groups easier than Valhalla. Odyssey plays like a modern hack and slash RPG, where as Valhalla absolutely tried to slow the combat back down and make things like blocking and parrying more important.

• Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

• 5 months later...

v7WdpyX.png

December 15th till 19th from Ubisoft connect or Ubisoft, may not be steam version

XBI51t3.png

The game is on sale both at steam and ubisoft  connect till January 5th

Edited by Craigsters

Ubisoft getting so much hate on steam this isn't normal to me, yeah sure they are at times crappy company, but just because there are no steam achievements? Can't people think that they probably did this due to many players completing the game and getting achievements in the ubisoft connect version? I did for example, had the game there standard version played a bit, had 4 achievements completed in my 30 hours of playing, so if there were steam achievements, I will have to start over and complete those parts again just for 4 achievements to pop up on steam (also steam saves and ubi connect cloud saves merge so that's a good thing, my progress is now changed to steam save). I am sure steam doesn't have a way to implement ubisoft connect's earned achievements that's why I think they don't do that.

Also since when achievements are a big deal?, they don't reward you :kekw:

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

15 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

Ubisoft getting so much hate on steam this isn't normal to me, yeah sure they are at times crappy company, but just because there are no steam achievements? Can't people think that they probably did this due to many players completing the game and getting achievements in the ubisoft connect version? I did for example, had the game there standard version played a bit, had 4 achievements completed in my 30 hours of playing, so if there were steam achievements, I will have to start over and complete those parts again just for 4 achievements to pop up on steam (also steam saves and ubi connect cloud saves merge so that's a good thing, my progress is now changed to steam save). I am sure steam doesn't have a way to implement ubisoft connect's achievements that's why I think they didn't.

Also since when achievements are a big deal?, they don't reward you :kekw:

The get a dopamine high from seeing that steam popin window telling them they killed 50 badddies well playing, there crying over  trading cards too and want point shop emoticons and themes etc

I've been helping out there with there game trouble issues  since the game returned to steam

Owe they don't realize that ubisoft connect launcher is needed for the  steam version

They complain about the DRM Denuvo  too

Edited by Craigsters

2 minutes ago, Craigsters said:

The get a dopamine high from seeing that steam popin window telling them they killed 50 badddies well playing, there crying over  trading cards too and want point shop emoticons and themes etc

It's so lame. I will rebuy farcry 6 too it will only be 20$ like Valhalla.

and also watch dogs legion (first time buy) . I started Watch Dogs Legion as was part of free weekend so I will be able to continue where I left off on steam from ubisoft connect save, Ubisoft is doing good decisions so far and maybe their next games will be on steam this time..

11 minutes ago, 44Orca said:

It's so lame. I will rebuy farcry 6 too it will only be 20$ like Valhalla.

and also watch dogs legion (first time buy) . I started Watch Dogs Legion as was part of free weekend so I will be able to continue where I left off on steam from ubisoft connect save, Ubisoft is doing good decisions so far and maybe their next games will be on steam this time..

Watch Dogs Legion  returned to steam this week too

Why should people not complain about a AAA game releasing on Steam w/o standard features that other storefronts it's on support?

I'm not one who massively cares for achievements either, but the entire point of Ubi releasing their games on Steam is again is because a lot of people refuse buy games on non-Steam platforms, so a lot of those Valhalla purchasers will be first time buyers.

This isn't an indie company, it's one of the biggest developers on the planet, they have no real excuse for not supporting Steam achievements and not supporting features like that is just poor.

• Like 2

IP4Bggk.png

from link other fan sites reporting this too

wOCGmWT.png

Both Ubisoft support and devs have been making the rounds sense  the game returned to steam in the discussion  hub at steam for the game, there's a huge topic asking  for achievements, it's  been responded in so much it stays at the top of the discussion hub and no sticky required to find it

See Ubisoft  support response to  those asking for achievements it's in light blue framed as  answered

Edited by Craigsters

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Why should people not complain about a AAA game releasing on Steam w/o standard features that other storefronts it's on support?

I'm not one who massively cares for achievements either, but the entire point of Ubi releasing their games on Steam is again is because a lot of people refuse buy games on non-Steam platforms, so a lot of those Valhalla purchasers will be first time buyers.

This isn't an indie company, it's one of the biggest developers on the planet, they have no real excuse for not supporting Steam achievements and not supporting features like that is just poor.

Sure I didn't say it is a problem but they go too far from what I see in discussions and reviews.. I just don't think ubisoft should get THAT much hate, they're just achievements (which ubisoft connect has them and they get unlocked with steam version too), at least the game works fine on steam so far. Their next games will probably have steam achievements now that they see people want them.

Edited by 44Orca

Yea of course, there is no doubt some idiots taking it too far, there always is, and social platforms of all types have never been worse than they are now for toxicity. I'll never try and diminish the fact that's going on or handwave the issue away, but at the same time toxicity is also being used by studios and publishers to deflect criticism and avoid taking responsability for their own mistakes.

With Steam though, it's the preferred platform by the vast majority of PC gamings in this part of the world because of choice, and not because of forced exclusivity, which Ubisoft has forced until their return to Steam. People like Steam for a variety of reasons and one of those is it's robot set of features so when a triple AAA game launches on the platform in 2022 without utilising even the most basic features then it will raise eyebrows, especially when such features are supported on other platforms the game is available on.

st6MbVZ.png

full game install size with dawn of ragnarok 

now there refunding the game  because of it's download size is to large, game requires  160 GB available space, steam store says

Edited by Craigsters

• 1 year later...
UT1-Dot

I am hopelessly addicted to this, I love history and am British so it adds an extra dimension to my enjoyment of this game.

It is truly beautiful as well and I honestly haven’t a bad word to say about anything in this game.

Playing it on Series X.

I can see that the Assassins Creed fanbase sh*t on this game but it is my favourite so far.

I play it like The Witcher and honestly prefer it in many ways.

• Like 1