3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Battlefield 2042

scorseses

On 7/3/2020 at 2:34 PM, Patrizio said:

I personally hope it isn't modern. I'm sure it will be, but we had BF2, BF3 and BF4 all modern in a row. Arrguably BFH too. I'd prefer a new Battlefield Vietnam or Cold War era setting but I know it won't happen...

I think the next title will be modern, more than likely a remaster of BF3/BF4. Although, I like the idea of a Vietnam game.¬†ūüėÄ

On 7/12/2020 at 11:38 AM, Daz said:

I think modern has its best chance of success. Especially at this time we are in now with a lot of games trying to copy the Escape From Tarkov look and weapon customization and detail and weapon features. However yes a Vietnam would be awesome, as we really never got a full vietnam title from dice since BF:V which was well over 15 years ago now. The Vietnam DLC for BC2 was awesome, I wish it was its own game. But it is too late to now revisit that game engine.

I think the best balance of modern weapons and historic settings would be vietnam, and if that is a bit dingey and dull at times. I would love to see a Desert Storm battlefield. If it had a story it could span from flashbacks to the 1980s with engagements in Grenada and Panama, then transitioning to Iraq and then Somalia with a final black hawk down style map. It would offer modern enough equipment whilst still being historic. I always loved the Conflict Desert Storm games and always wanted a battlefield to be centered around one. I feel they offered better contrast of enemy divisions and actual enemy tanks and helicopters than the 2003 iraq war would have done and certainly anything set in afghanistan. If they were good they could jump from Vietnam all the way to present day with select few battles in each war since the 60s. Multiplayer maps never really cared about the map setting with the correct weapons. So I don't think anyone would care that much if our CAR-15 had a red dot on it in a multiplayer Vietnam map. Black Ops 1 never cared when it had red dots on MP5K's in levels set in 1963 when that gun hadn't been invented yet, let alone the sighing system. That game still had success and I never heard anyone bitch about that other than me.

And in the end it could always be a fictional war, or a semi-realistic war. The war was real but the battle in the certain location and year being made up. Either way I want some classic 80s guns.

Conflict Desert Storm!!! What a cracking game that was. Do you remember Joint Operations? That was another great game too. 

• 8 months later...
Fxk u Rockstar

BF4 is trash, BF1 is sh*t, BFV is garbage

I just ordered Battlefield Hardline. no tanks, no jets, only helicopters and cars, modern cities/maps. I think I will like this game.

Very interested to see what DICE LA have cooked up, always been a fan of the BF games and 3/4's levolution events. Plus it's rumored that the next CoD is back to WW i think, bleh.

I'm hopeful based on the leaks, which inevitably always tend to be right with BF games.

Big part of my enjoyment in BF games is the "only in Battlefield" moments which levolution nailed but BF 1 stumbled with and BF V was just a trainwreck. So the talk of natural disasters and map changing events, I'm in.

I just hope they refresh the class/progression system in the games, it's gotten quite stale now.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

BF V was just a trainwreck

Eh, I enjoyed it a lot more than 1 to be quite honest. Surely, the atmosphere in 1 is unparalleled, but in terms of just having fun and having a fair game (on PS4 at least) and character and weapons customization which I'm a huge sucker for, V is my go to. BF1 is fun, but it's full of campers, smoke and gas grenade spammers and prone machine gunners that blast at players as soon as they spawn, which kind of ruins the experience for me, not to mention there's a glitch now that prevents players from buying new weapons with the War Bonds.

Edited by DownInThePMs

I just hope Battlefield 6 is a mixture of Bad Company 2, 3 and 4. Those were the best games for me. I have high hopes for it assuming it is a Modern Battlefield. 

Edited by Guest

Grichka Bogdanoff

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/news/battlefield-franchise-update-oskar-gabrielson

All-out military warfare. Crazy, unexpected moments. Game-changing destruction. Massive battles, packed with more players and mayhem than ever before.

All brought to life with the power of next-gen consoles and PCs.

Get ready for our reveal ‚Äúsoon‚ĄĘ‚Ä̬†

So, as expected: biggest BF yet (in size at least), PC & current gen exclusive (no PS4/Xbone to hold the game back) and reveal sooooooooooooon.

Plus, some new mobile game that's likely going to be their COD Mobile competitor.

a Chuck Kojima post.

Trailer might drop soon, but I'm not going to hype myself over it.

Edited by DownInThePMs

39 minutes ago, DownInThePMs said:

Trailer might drop soon, but I'm not going to hype myself over it.

To be fair, if it's any sort of modern Battlefield, I am totally sold. I don't need much more than that.

2 hours ago, mid90s said:

To be fair, if it's any sort of modern Battlefield, I am totally sold. I don't need much more than that.

Id personally enjoy an alternate universe 50s-80s cold war setting but yeah thats fine too

Honestly, would love to see how they would create another 2142.

Not sure if it got a mention on here, but an apparent reliable leaker took a different approach to leaking BF stuff.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

• 2 weeks later...

Calling it now, the trailer will release this week and the game will not be called Battlefield 6 but rather just "BATTLEFIELD".

9 minutes ago, EGA_6 said:

the game will not be called Battlefield 6 but rather just "BATTLEFIELD".

That's a shame. I was beginning to think it would be called Battlefield -1 or something.

4 hours ago, EGA_6 said:

Calling it now, the trailer will release this week and the game will not be called Battlefield 6 but rather just "BATTLEFIELD".

I don't get this trend in entertainment now where companies don't add numbers or subtitles to installments in long running franchises.

Edited by D9fred95

5 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

I don't get this trend in entertainment now where companies don't add numbers or subtitles to installments in long running franchises.

Yeah it's weird and dumb imo, seems like DICE has a bit of an issue naming their games for some time now 

Edited by Pingley

There's leaked in-game screenshots out from what looks to be from that sketch i posted. I reckon DICE will just say f*ck it and release the trailer this week, which is rumored for the 6th.

I'm eager for a new large scale shooter, i'll give Sledgehammer a chance with CoD...but idk. Oh and DICE really need to step their anti cheat up, that sh*t is awful on PC.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

This battlefield is apparently going to be another one of those usa vs russia war games again, if the leaks are anything to go by. It's pretty lame, honestly. I just want something truly alt universe or unexpected like germany vs brazil, or even something like the falklands. It's always the same two factions, and guess who's gonna be the bad guy.

Edited by DownInThePMs

MarshDanni
2 hours ago, DEADWOODZ said:

I'm eager for a new large scale shooter, i'll give Sledgehammer a chance with CoD...but idk. Oh and DICE really need to step their anti cheat up, that sh*t is awful on PC.

I would recommend that you be careful with this year's CoD, there is a lot of talk that the devs are in shambles because the higher ups keep changing the idea of what the game should be, several credible leakers (still a grain of salt) have said this.

• Like 2

For those who can't wait for the trailer. A 33 second long audio has been leaked from the trailer.

Edited by EGA_6

Chills from just listening to it, i'm expecting a release today.                                                              Edit: The whole 1:42 audio is out there now. And an unlisted trailer in the offical BF playlist.

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Bigglo145
On 4/25/2021 at 12:18 PM, DownInThePMs said:

Id personally enjoy an alternate universe 50s-80s cold war setting but yeah thats fine too

Shame, bf1 was soo goood. The disaster of bf5 probably stopped up from getting a bf vietnam. Loved the vietnam dlc 

Does anyone here play the Battlefield games on the PS4? Looking for ppl to play with as a squad or something if any of you are interested

Edited by DownInThePMs

• 3 weeks later...

hopefully there's a surrender button in this like in squad. would be really funny