3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

[WIP/SA] GTA Miami Vibe

BlackStallionDX

7 hours ago, BlackStallionDX said:

Finally, newesr demo come to closed beta test. So, after short time, demo'll realese as public build. 

What's it include

- 7 missions

- 4 clothes shops  
 *changeable haircuts  
 *changeable facial hair   
*changeable glasses   
*changeable accessories 
- Gunner's Shop 
- 1 buyable villa

- more than 40 exclusive vehicles, maden by me

Sounds interesting, keep it up. 👍

6 hours ago, BlackStallionDX said:

So, how's it, folks?

I didn't take the chance to install it as I would expect it to run very bad with enb enabled, but I did watch the video, I'll be honest with my opinion.
 - The HUD is ugly large and I think it should be replaced, the radar though is fine.
- The protagonist physique (model wise) is over the fence and it's less relatable to the average reality, a tad muscular is fine, anything more than that it starts to feel like he's a plastic toy.
- The animations aren't fitting (not all of them though), I mean take a look at the crouch animation, lol...
- Cars' speed paths are set too high, you can observe and tell.
I like everything else at varies degrees, except the story, I don't speak Russian, so I don't know.
Good job really, can't wait for the mod to be finished, also, the radio is a nice touch! 

Ok my opinion.

• I live in mid-eastern europe and russian is my second language. At least that helped understand what the plot is. It would be funnier if you guys recorded english lines like in GTA IV, thick russian accent made it perfect.
  • World is good, it perfectly captures neon Miami life. But some places felt generic.
  • pr0n "BOOBZ", it's sooooo unnecessary, GTA Criminal Russia had it too, why russian mods has this trend of boobz and pr0no? Well if it was like GTA V or IV artstyle boobs with stars on it then it's ok, but using real boobs? - nah.
  • Maybe you could replace in game artwork and assets with fictional counterparts, instead of using real life products. You can see them a lot in interiors. It just jarring to see real life products.
  • In mission music. It's damn loud. Maybe add option to turn it off and keep all dialog and other sounds? And add more file compression, convert mp3 to 192kbps or 128kbps instead 320kbps to reduce mod size.
  • Radio choise is fine. But old SAORS? Just use ATP. No need to launch game with separate launcher to get radios working. ATP works with this mod but I haven't tested all missions with it, not 100% sure about compatibility with your scripting.
  • Weather is locked, I immediately deleted weather.cs. Why force only one weather setting? "set_weather 0, 01B5: force_weather 1"? Vice City had multiple weathers.

Performance (FPS) - It could improve.

For me I had to optimise some mod files. PostFx stuff tanks fps.

• Updated skygfx to latest version and changed some settings. Just copied files from my own GTA SA config and added saturation.
  • Tweaked ENB to my preference, cristal clear graphics as in normal GTA.
  • In MixSets disabled some fps related things. Low clouds, High speed motion blur, Heat waves.

Now it runs at semi decent fps.

Well thats it for now.

BlackStallionDX
3 hours ago, Minde95s said:

Ok my opinion.

• I live in mid-eastern europe and russian is my second language. At least that helped understand what the plot is. It would be funnier if you guys recorded english lines like in GTA IV, thick russian accent made it perfect.
  • World is good, it perfectly captures neon Miami life. But some places felt generic.
  • pr0n "BOOBZ", it's sooooo unnecessary, GTA Criminal Russia had it too, why russian mods has this trend of boobz and pr0no? Well if it was like GTA V or IV artstyle boobs with stars on it then it's ok, but using real boobs? - nah.
  • Maybe you could replace in game artwork and assets with fictional counterparts, instead of using real life products. You can see them a lot in interiors. It just jarring to see real life products.
  • In mission music. It's damn loud. Maybe add option to turn it off and keep all dialog and other sounds? And add more file compression, convert mp3 to 192kbps or 128kbps instead 320kbps to reduce mod size.
  • Radio choise is fine. But old SAORS? Just use ATP. No need to launch game with separate launcher to get radios working. ATP works with this mod but I haven't tested all missions with it, not 100% sure about compatibility with your scripting.
  • Weather is locked, I immediately deleted weather.cs. Why force only one weather setting? "set_weather 0, 01B5: force_weather 1"? Vice City had multiple weathers.

Performance (FPS) - It could improve.

For me I had to optimise some mod files. PostFx stuff tanks fps.

• Updated skygfx to latest version and changed some settings. Just copied files from my own GTA SA config and added saturation.
  • Tweaked ENB to my preference, cristal clear graphics as in normal GTA.
  • In MixSets disabled some fps related things. Low clouds, High speed motion blur, Heat waves.

Now it runs at semi decent fps.

Well thats it for now.

- About weather - this's prelight issues.

- Why old skygfx - old refrections looks much better then it's had newest versions.

- About realife brands in some place - well, it's was an original idea bout everymy TC merged universes. It's mix of some real life brands with own brands. For Example, every TCs have a Nuke High Corp.,Coca Gold. So, this's notmal, many other GTA-like game make something like that, True Crime series.

- Mission music - i'cant find opcode (or memmory adress) which can give me information bout in game volume.

Spoiler

On 2/27/2021 at 9:12 PM, BlackStallionDX said:

- Mission music - i'cant find opcode (or memmory adress) which can give me information bout in game volume.

use CLEO+

0E21: get_audio_sfx_volume [email protected]
0E22: get_audio_radio_volume [email protected]

or

read 0xB5FCCC (float, 4 bytes) for sfx volume; 0xB5FCC8 for radio volume

Edited by Clara
  • Like 3
Spoiler

The content of ''CLEO_SAVES'' must be deleted. The .sav files are created based in your game  BlackStallionDX, this can (and will) cause problems in other people games.

auto_in_sa_LA_v3(1).cs can corrupt saved games. Delete it and put this one in his place:  https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766782172883189791/814895045677285436/parked_cars.cs / Need cleo+

resto-1.cs can also corrupt save games. Replace it with this one: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766782172883189791/814896831045042196/resto-1.cs (also need cleo+)

stats.cs has been remade in cleo+ now the script don't use the cleo_saves folder anymore. : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766782172883189791/814896388428529694/stats.cs (also need cleo+)

Instead of use hume.cleo you should use this plugin. Since hume has incompatibilities and crashes

Did you used interface editor to remove the original game UI? (I removed it and the mod UI keeps working, the only change is that the original ui came back to life) this can be done in cleo with a single line. Beside that, interface editor has a lot of incompatibilities and crashes.

It seems that there is a problem on the .txd, a ''square minecraft/PS1 artifact'' that can be seen all over the map:

uQFQROS.png

This is caused by marking the option ''Improve Filtering'' on magic txd. You should re-convert all .txd using those settings to fix it:

Ll1NaKG.png

The gunplay is very bugged:  https://streamable.com/2yx1k2

D41xZs0.png

To restore the original gunplay what I did was: delete the files ped.ifp animgrp.asi animgrp.ini aimingsets.dat animgrp.dat weapon.dat default.ide walkstyle.cs weaponrecoilauto.cs weaponrecoilauto.ini and installed Revamped Arsenal in modloader.

result: https://streamable.com/usfu4c

To remove the mods UI/Hud what I did was delete: hud_gun.cs hud2.cs interfaceeditor.ini interfaceeditor.asi and install ClassicHud over it.

Result:

esjMilz.png

I fixed a lot of things, made optimizations, removed unnecessary mods. Decreased the mod size from 7GB to 1GB. Not sure if I can share it here though.

Edited by Clara
  • Like 6
Platinum Card
5 hours ago, Clara said:

The content of ''CLEO_SAVES'' must be deleted. The .sav files are created based in your game  BlackStallionDX, this can (and will) cause problems in other people games.

auto_in_sa_LA_v3(1).cs can corrupt saved games. Delete it and put this one in his place:  https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766782172883189791/814895045677285436/parked_cars.cs / Need cleo+

resto-1.cs can also corrupt save games. Replace it with this one: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766782172883189791/814896831045042196/resto-1.cs (also need cleo+)

stats.cs has been remade in cleo+ now the script don't use the cleo_saves folder anymore. : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766782172883189791/814896388428529694/stats.cs (also need cleo+)

Instead of use hume.cleo you should use this plugin. Since hume has incompatibilities and crashes

Did you used interface editor to remove the original game UI? (I removed it and the mod UI keeps working, the only change is that the original ui came back to life) this can be done in cleo with a single line. Beside that, interface editor has a lot of incompatibilities and crashes.

It seems that there is a problem on the .txd, a ''square minecraft/PS1 artifact'' that can be seen all over the map:

uQFQROS.png

This is caused by marking the option ''Improve Filtering'' on magic txd. You should re-convert all .txd using those settings to fix it:

Ll1NaKG.png

D41xZs0.png

To restore the original gunplay what I did was: delete the files ped.ifp animgrp.asi animgrp.ini aimingsets.dat animgrp.dat weapon.dat default.ide walkstyle.cs weaponrecoilauto.cs weaponrecoilauto.ini and installed Revamped Arsenal in modloader.

To remove the mods UI/Hud what I did was delete: hud_gun.cs hud2.cs interfaceeditor.ini interfaceeditor.asi and install ClassicHud over it.

Result:

esjMilz.png

I fixed a lot of things, made optimizations, removed unnecessary mods. Decreased the mod size from 7GB to 1GB. Not sure if I can share it here though.

Could you send me the improvements and optimizations in a PM? I'm improving the ENG subs at the moment. Would be nice to have the total package. Also I think this helps BlackStallionDX's project significantly.

Spoiler

On 3/1/2021 at 7:41 PM, Platinum Card said:

Could you send me the improvements and optimizations

I removed the radio because it's use SAORS, which is extremely outdated. They should remade it using ATP (tutorial).

Beside my fixes, I also optimized the sounds. Like, more than 90% of the mod size it was due to sounds.

I also optimized the radio, but the size still high, 2GB, this is insanity (I can upload the files if you want).

1GB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13GDbxqzzm8Tg7FpzRQ8Rw--N0uK054zO/view?usp=sharing

500mb: (No songs during missions) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Tt-P9vcN-m3Mu774syk6xCNAYckB-RV/view?usp=sharing

1 - Install GTA:SA 1.0
2 - Extract ''essentials pack'' to the root folder and hit replace.
3 - Extract one of my repacks to the root folder and hit replace.
4 - Install real linear graphics (to fix the bright)
That's all.

Credits for things I added:

Fix for cleo scripts: Junior_Djjr
Full Menu Background Image: Junior_Djjr
Revamped Arsenal: Yhdf
ClassicHud: _AG

-

obs: To restore the sounds as the original mod, all you need to do is restore all .wav .mp3 from the ''cleo''' folder, and put it back the ''audio'' folder from the mod.

It think my compression is a good balance between size and quality although.

And let's remember that there still millions of people around the world that don't have access of good quality internet.

Edited by Clara
  • Like 3
Platinum Card
5 minutes ago, Clara said:

I removed the radio because it's use SAORS, which is extremely outdated. They should remade it using ATP (tutorial).

Beside my fixes, I also optimized the sounds. Like, more than 90% of the mod size it was due to sounds.

I also optimized the radio, but the size still high, 2GB, this is insanity (I can upload the files if you want).

1GB: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13GDbxqzzm8Tg7FpzRQ8Rw--N0uK054zO/view?usp=sharing

500mb: (No songs during missions) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Tt-P9vcN-m3Mu774syk6xCNAYckB-RV/view?usp=sharing

1 - Install GTA:SA 1.0
2 - Extract ''essentials pack'' to the root folder and hit replace.
3 - Extract one of my repacks to the root folder and hit replace.
4 - Install real linear graphics (to fix the bright)
That's all.

Credits for things I added:

Fix for cleo scripts: Junior_Djjr
Full Menu Background Image: Junior_Djjr
Revamped Arsenal: Yhdf
ClassicHud: _AG

That's awesome. Also I wouldn't mind the optimized radio (I have pretty good internet speed). I'm applying everything now. I'll upload the updated subs very soon.

Spoiler

Here is the optimized radio folder: (need to adapt it to ATP or restore SAORS)  https://www.mediafire.com/file/x4uuyeterxupi7c/AUDIO.7z/file

On 3/1/2021 at 8:33 PM, Platinum Card said:

I have pretty good internet speed

I know some people with 2MB 1MB or even 500 kbps internet speed. My lower size repack is very good for them. There's no need for a mod to have uncompressed music in 320kbps. More than 90% of the file size was due to the music.

Edited by Clara
  • Like 1
BlackStallionDX
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Clara said:

uQFQROS.png

Ll1NaKG.png

D41xZs0.png

Result:

esjMilz.png

Thanks!

- Well, i'm used interface editor not only for remove original hud, change colors and keep watch on screen properly - when i'm used opcode for time in game, it's workin well, but only in interior 0, when 1 or higher time shown wrong.

- So, mine hud which have functions for gameplay in future - adding more item - like drugs for example. 

Animation - yep, gun animation looks bit wrong, but it made like that cuz - it's just stylish, when you used IV-styled aim.

- Weather - hm, i can't agree with choice of RLG. I made my weather setting for lore-lookin and atmosphere, not for real life colors.

- i don't use Magic. I prefer G-TXD.

- About ATP. Hmm...nope. Maybe SAORS.asi, but not a ATP.

So, thanks for fixes, but change some original mod-stylish stuff isn't good, it conflict with my original visions of my work.

Edited by BlackStallionDX
universetwisters

Idk why but all the download links are down

E. nevermind the links were being f*cky

Edited by universetwisters
BlackStallionDX
5 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Idk why but all the download links are down

E. nevermind the links were being f*cky

Stange, google link workin fine.

universetwisters
4 minutes ago, BlackStallionDX said:

Stange, google link workin fine.

It said it wouldnt download at first but a few clicks later it was fine

It looks well put together other than the occasional crashes whilst exiting buildings. Other than complaints about the artstyle (i.e. where tf do you find palm trees this big I've lived in Florida for 16 years and haven't seen one this big) its solid

• Like 1
Platinum Card
On 3/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, Clara said:

Here is the optimized radio folder: (need to adapt it to ATP or restore SAORS)  https://www.mediafire.com/file/x4uuyeterxupi7c/AUDIO.7z/file

I know some people with 2MB 1MB or even 500 kbps internet speed. My lower size repack is very good for them. There's no need for a mod to have uncompressed music in 320kbps. More than 90% of the file size was due to the music.

Applied the fixes and of course added enb that didn't burn my irises lol. The map actually looks pretty awesome. I'd like to try adding back the original hud in the top right corner and keep the map/radar hud (but the classic works flawlessly in it's place).

EiqpKjN.png

Here's my update of the English subs. If there's any errors, anything that I missed, feel free to let me know.

ENG Subs (Updated)

Edited by Platinum Card
  • Like 2
BlackStallionDX
8 hours ago, universetwisters said:

It said it wouldnt download at first but a few clicks later it was fine

It looks well put together other than the occasional crashes whilst exiting buildings. Other than complaints about the artstyle (i.e. where tf do you find palm trees this big I've lived in Florida for 16 years and haven't seen one this big) its solid

Well, yeah. Some palm trees looks bigger then it can be was in real Miami. Also, some buildings isn't based on real Miami. ( Marina Bay from asian country, maybe Thailand) By the way, i'm trying give only vibe of Miami. Maybe little bit more than it was in orginal Vice City or Gangstar Miami, but less close then Driver 3 or The Crew 2 ( it's pretty close).

And...in original it's was been Tiki Islands 2, and Miami-based city was been only one of four islands, of we talkin bout original concept.

• Like 1
BlackStallionDX
6 hours ago, Platinum Card said:

Applied the fixes and of course added enb that didn't burn my irises lol. The map actually looks pretty awesome. I'd like to try adding back the original hud in the top right corner and keep the map/radar hud (but the classic works flawlessly in it's place).

EiqpKjN.png

Here's my update of the English subs. If there's any errors, anything that I missed, feel free to let me know.

ENG Subs (Updated)

ENB looks good, but...original mod use only enb's water and color correction. Not bloom or anyting. Other graphics changes - skygfx. Also, if you use enb higher than mod uses - you'll lose building reflection and more other stuff, which newest enb broke.

BlackStallionDX

Updated build is here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FDd0UvvJH13FSoHjcGUrnq3o3SLAkwV9/view?usp=sharing

what's diffrents?

- english sub as optional

- less bugs and crashes

- removes mixset.asi (it's remove random crashes and bug with drivers in boat and bikes)

- minor changres in map for more stable work

• Like 2
Spoiler

I can make a new repack following your original vision. Only fixing problems etc.

Dunno if you fixed yet, the enb series that comes with the mod ''breaks'' the colors of every surface of the game. This is caused by the gamma levels manipulation.

G4tMiqE.png

On 3/1/2021 at 9:59 PM, BlackStallionDX said:

- Weather - hm, i can't agree with choice of RLG. I made my weather setting for lore-lookin and atmosphere, not for real life colors.

You can also use RLG with GraphicsTweaker. Here's a pinky atmosphere that I made with it:

Jl26vNc.jpg

18 hours ago, BlackStallionDX said:

- removes mixset.asi (it's remove random crashes and bug with drivers in boat and bikes)

It's just a conflict with some of the features, read the readme that comes with MixSets:

!!! AND REMEMBER !!!
 There is no "MixSets is incompatible" or "MixSets cause bugs".
 MixSets is a mod of several mods, if any problem happened, just look for which of the functions caused the problem and simply deactivate it (by placing a "#" at the beginning of the line or leaving "-1").
 If nothing is enabled, MixSets will do nothing in your game!
 Inside the folder "(settings)\All disabled" is an empty .ini with no settings enabled, read the .txt located in the same folder.

About ATP. Hmm...nope. Maybe SAORS.asi, but not a ATP.

Any specific reason? I can adapt for you in less than 30 minutes and send the files.

- i don't use Magic. I prefer G-TXD.

Either way, this is a very serious issue:

BD0jDiJ.png

You could try to change the settings in G-TXD to see if you can get this fixed. (Or you can take my fixed .img files, but remember to restore all weapons textures and models since I changed them. / They are the only additional change I made to the .img files.)

Animation - yep, gun animation looks bit wrong, but it made like that cuz - it's just stylish, when you used IV-styled aim.

About weapons, I forgot to talk about the camshake. It is so intense that it hinders the aim and literally gave me a headache after 20 minutes of playing. I think that cut the intensity of it by half would be nice.

Again about audio. Use 320kbps audio is overkill. It takes unnecessary space and most people don't have the necessary equipment to enjoy all those quality. Also, audio like this cause lag spikes on hdd because the decompression process is very demmanding. I suggest to reconvert all audios using the default GTA:SA audio quality wich is:
150 Kbps / 32000 Hz / 16 Khz

EZ4P3ZD.jpg

Edited by Clara
  • Like 4
BlackStallionDX
1 hour ago, Clara said:

I can make a new repack following your original vision. Only fixing problems etc.

Dunno if you fixed yet, the enb series that comes with the mod ''breaks'' the colors of every surface of the game. This is caused by the gamma levels manipulation.

G4tMiqE.png

You can also use RLG with GraphicsTweaker. Here's a pinky atmosphere that I made with it:

Jl26vNc.jpg

It's just a conflict with some of the features, read the readme that comes with MixSets:

!!! AND REMEMBER !!!
 There is no "MixSets is incompatible" or "MixSets cause bugs".
 MixSets is a mod of several mods, if any problem happened, just look for which of the functions caused the problem and simply deactivate it (by placing a "#" at the beginning of the line or leaving "-1").
 If nothing is enabled, MixSets will do nothing in your game!
 Inside the folder "(settings)\All disabled" is an empty .ini with no settings enabled, read the .txt located in the same folder.

Any specific reason? I can adapt for you in less than 30 minutes and send the files.

Either way, this is a very serious issue:

BD0jDiJ.png

You could try to change the settings in G-TXD to see if you can get this fixed. (Or you can take my fixed .img files, but remember to restore all weapons textures and models since I changed them. / They are the only additional change I made to the .img files.)

About weapons, I forgot to talk about the camshake. It is so intense that it hinders the aim and literally gave me a headache after 20 minutes of playing. I think that cut the intensity of it by half would be nice.

Again about audio. Use 320kbps audio is overkill. It takes unnecessary space and most people don't have the necessary equipment to enjoy all those quality. Also, audio like this cause lag spikes on hdd because the decompression process is very demmanding. I suggest to reconvert all audios using the default GTA:SA audio quality wich is:
150 Kbps / 32000 Hz / 16 Khz

EZ4P3ZD.jpg

1)Well - if i use pallete color which change textures color in game - it was planned. Every textures made a bit saturated special for this pallete. Really.

I don't talk bout "pinky" look closecly at original timecycle.

2) Pixilization - just turn your graphic quallity is higher and it will gone. Really it works without Magic TXD.

3) Well, i don't change any settings and in mission, boat driver seating under boat and bikers too. After i delete mixset everyting goin all right.

So, if we goin by some cleo+ adaptations scripts - is good enough, others changes - is'nt right. It broke original mod. And SkyGFX graphic or ENB, my timecycle this all is a part of mine original work too. Really, please. don't touch this.

YOU'RE NOT AN SO-CREATOR, PLEASE, DON'T TOUCH.

• KEKW 1
BlackStallionDX

Well, where is pixels? Just turn graphics quality is higher and so on. I wonder you don't ever hear about this feature. When you change graphic as low setting its turn off texture filtering.

486a943bc7b1f1bcfd6f6e2dc7058bbd.jpg

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
2 hours ago, BlackStallionDX said:

Just turn graphics quality is higher and so on. I wonder you don't ever hear about this feature

Forcing people to increase the graphics quality instead of correcting the mistakes you made. Nice. This also prevents people with a weak pc from playing your mod.

A .txd file made in proper way don't result in this error even at lowest graphic setting.

2 hours ago, BlackStallionDX said:

YOU'RE NOT AN SO-CREATOR, PLEASE, DON'T TOUCH.

I toughted this guy was part of the team, since he said he's doing the subtitles for the mod. I toughted it was ok for me to share my changes here:

zc3KdyL.png

My previous repack has some changes that shouldn't have been made (such as removing the mod UI), this was because initially I didn't intended to share to the public. In the new repack I would mantain the UI, the enb etc, wouldn't remove a single file from the mod, and only would fix the problems like badly made .txd, animations, 3d models prelight etc, not replacing or removing a single file, just fixing what your team created. Even the optimized audio and atp radios would be a separated and optional file.
I really like the mod, but there's so many  amatourish mistakes, I would gladly fix what I can to help.
Well, since you want that your mod keeps broken like that, fine, the only people losing are the community.

I've deleted all my files and will put all my posts here inside a spoiler.

Btw, you uploaded a entire gta sa game and your mod comes with mods from other authors without permission (credits aren't enough, permission is needed). Both things are against gtaforums rules.

Edited by Clara
  • Like 2