Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Spider-Vice

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Error code: #NOtG9pQeuQK]

Spider-Vice

Bashing YouTubers and making the topic about it (or any other kind of antagonism) will net you a warning for derailing the topic.

 

Please use some common sense too while discussing subjects, don't delve too deep into speculating about people's personal lives (e.g. Houser departure from R*, Rockstar developers, etc.) as they deserve privacy and not a raging fan forum to make up things about them. Needless to say, any hate will be quickly nipped in the bud.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Recommended Posts

Lazlow007
5 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

lol oh well........ i need to lay down....

 

 

anyways i think for this month the only hope is next week starting with the tease tomorrow

I gave up on VI being teased this year.I'm just waiting for Rockstar to release any info or footage on either the PS5 "Enhanced" version, which is ACTUALLY captured on the console or the next GTA Online "location". 

Edited by Lazlow007
  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17th

there won't be any leak with screens/videos/loading screens or whatever like this before at least one month before release. 

 

edit: btw, is this something like 2500 page of talking about non-existing game?

Edited by 17th
  • Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black_Jesus
2 hours ago, Kris194 said:

Judging by this error code and old Ruffian Games (now Rockstar Dundee) job offers we'll see GTA III, VC, SA remasters before GTA 6.

Maybe it will allow you to switch between characters/cities like GTA V. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
Just now, 17th said:

there won't be any leak with screens/videos/loading screens or whatever like this before at least one month before release. 

While I do agree. there's a 1% chance it could happen.

Does anyone remember the exact dates these screenshots leaked?

GTA-5-New.jpg1464843954_red-dead-redemption.jpg

  • Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DerekLeet
9 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

While I do agree. there's a 1% chance it could happen.

Does anyone remember the exact dates these screenshots leaked?

GTA-5-New.jpg1464843954_red-dead-redemption.jpg

I think the Red Dead one came out in like 2014 or 2015 maybe

  • Like 1
  • YEE 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raskalov

the Black Belle hut was the first image of the game to be leaked in 2015.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

The Red Dead one was found in 2016 or 17 afaik. It was in a portfolio and came way after the map. The GTA V submarine one I think was 2012.

  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194

Red Dead one was found on 2nd of June, 2016, few months before announcement, lmao.

 

https://www.player.one/red-dead-redemption-2-screenshot-leaked-mysterious-image-found-online-could-be-sequel-537934

 

Not to mention, that graphics were improved a lot between what you can see in this screenshot and release of RDRII.

 

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9xvy9t/that_old_leaked_screenshot_turned_out_to_be_real/

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL

It still blows me away how good RDR2 looks. Even that screenshot from 2015.

  • Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Retro_Causality

Man i really do miss the old rockstar

 

GTA V was announced a year and 6 months after Red Dead Redemption. It was announced when Max Payne 3 was still in development.....

 

im sick of this 2-3 year wait sh*t between game release and announcement of their next game

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc

Mark your calendars for late May, then! :lol:

  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zapper
6 hours ago, Penguinf*cker said:

How would you guys celebrate when the first trailer for GTA 6 releases?

(NSFW)

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

The Matt Clyne image was found here on GTAForums (scroll around that page) but of course Reddit had to steal it... And yes, it looked like GTA V NG pretty much but with a different map. Some people back then thought the picture was from RDR1 but it was clear we were talking about a recent version of RAGE there (at the time), the image was likely dated much before 2016.

  • Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc

I never was overly active when it came to RDR stuff. I love that series, but it was never like GTA. So I missed a lot of it, early on. I saw the leaks, but never paid much attention. Mostly just lurked. That's different now, however!

  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Schwartzxz
50 minutes ago, Retro_Causality said:

Man i really do miss the old rockstar

 

GTA V was announced a year and 6 months after Red Dead Redemption. It was announced when Max Payne 3 was still in development.....

 

im sick of this 2-3 year wait sh*t between game release and announcement of their next game

I totally agree. GTA5 was actually the first time I was pissed off with that. I remember in early 2013 thinking "we saw the trailer in 2011. why the f*ck is this game still not released?" 

  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Len Lfc
14 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

The Matt Clyne image was found here on GTAForums (scroll around that page) but of course Reddit had to steal it... And yes, it looked like GTA V NG pretty much but with a different map. Some people back then thought the picture was from RDR1 but it was clear we were talking about a recent version of RAGE there (at the time), the image was likely dated much before 2016.

Going over the first few pages of that thread is pretty interesting, looking back. Firstly, for the comments on the 'obviously fake map' and on page 3 this post by @Jabalous  "Rockstar is serious about animations." After playing RDR2, we know just how true that was!

 

Quote

The polishing, rewrites, and reedits Rockstar does are immense. “We were working 100-hour weeks” several times in 2018, Dan says. The finished game includes 300,000 animations, 500,000 lines of dialogue, and many more lines of code.

How the West Was Digitized

 

Makes you wonder what some of those job postings we've found in the past year will end up doing in GTA VI...

  • Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAhare

I honestly wonder how many cities GTA 6 will have. I’m just curious. One? Two? Three?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shanki
2 hours ago, Lazlow007 said:

I gave up on VI being teased this year.I'm just waiting for Rockstar to release any info or footage on either the PS5 "Enhanced" version, which is ACTUALLY captured on the console or the next GTA Online "location". 

The fact that they have shown PS3/X360 era trailers in the next-gen trailer is the most mindboggling thing i have ever seen Rockstar do.

  • Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EliteGamer_6
26 minutes ago, GTAhare said:

I honestly wonder how many cities GTA 6 will have. I’m just curious. One? Two? Three?

Realistically 1-2. Either one fully detailed city with interiors etc like NC in cyberpunk or 2 cities with less but way more detailed than V (with one being a much bigger city than the other).

  • Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAhare
1 minute ago, EliteGamer_6 said:

Realistically 1-2. Either one fully detailed city with interiors etc like NC in cyberpunk or 2 cities with less but way more detailed than V (with one being a much bigger city than the other).

That sounds realistic. I think three cities is unlikely because the technology now and what’s possible is far beyond what San Andreas had. With San Andreas the logical step was to make more cities in one package because the hardware wasn’t really there to make a breathing world.

15 minutes ago, Shanki said:

The fact that they have shown PS3/X360 era trailers in the next-gen trailer is the most mindboggling thing i have ever seen Rockstar do.

Rockstar could’ve easily just had a screen saying “An expanded and enhanced version of GTA 5 is in development. There would be backlash, sure, but not as much as it got. The “trailer” was so bad it is actually humorous. And I love GTA 5 and am excited for potential improvements the release could bring, and even I agree that that trailer was by far the worst trailer Rockstar has EVER released.

  • Like 3
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volatollotalov
20 minutes ago, GTAhare said:

Rockstar could’ve easily just had a screen saying “An expanded and enhanced version of GTA 5 is in development. There would be backlash, sure, but not as much as it got. The “trailer” was so bad it is actually humorous. And I love GTA 5 and am excited for potential improvements the release could bring, and even I agree that that trailer was by far the worst trailer Rockstar has EVER released.

Very well said, and it's important not to forget that. For all the Rockstar hype and the hopes we all project on to them for Six, let's not forget that they used PS3 game footage to promote a re-release on PS5. Something went horribly wrong there, way below the normal quality expectations of a studio even ten times smaller. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAhare
Just now, Volatollotalov said:

Very well said, and it's important not to forget that. For all the Rockstar hype and the hopes we all project on to them for Six, let's not forget that they used PS3 game footage to promote a re-release on PS5. Something went horribly wrong there, way below the normal quality expectations of a studio even ten times smaller. 

 

 

I suspect perhaps Rockstar restructuring after poor working conditions got exposed may have had something to do with that. Also how Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC turned out. It looks like perhaps in an effort to change their poor working conditions they’re avoiding delays when they would actually help and stitching together trailers in a poorly thought out way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volatollotalov
21 minutes ago, GTAhare said:

I suspect perhaps Rockstar restructuring after poor working conditions got exposed may have had something to do with that. Also how Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC turned out. It looks like perhaps in an effort to change their poor working conditions they’re avoiding delays when they would actually help and stitching together trailers in a poorly thought out way.

It might be that. It might also be a problem caused by rapid expansion. There's no longer a tight-knit team in Scotland brewing up the next game, it's a global multi-studio endeavor where you have a guy in San Diego managing someone in India who project manages someone in Lincoln UK, etc. It takes time to upscale teams and to have them all integrated, getting on fine and working at the same pace and quality level. I reckon some T2 exec basically asked for that trailer about a day before it came out on the Playstation showcase.

 

Good marketing is all about being prepared, having a monster of a plan. And oh boy, they were not prepared!

 

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 2
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAhare
5 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

It might be that. It might also be a problem caused by rapid expansion. There's no longer a tight-knit team in Scotland brewing up the next game, it's a global multi-studio endeavor where you have a guy in San Diego managing someone in India who project manages someone in Lincoln UK, etc. It takes time to upscale teams and to have them all integrated, getting on fine and working at the same quality level. I reckon some T2 exec basically asked for that trailer about a day before it came out on the Playstation showcase.

 

Marketing is all about being prepared. And oh boy, they were not prepared!

 

You have quite a good point. With rapid expansion I do speculate that it’ll take time for things to settle and a good communication system to be formed. But while we’re in the process of that we got a broken PC port and a trailer that used PS3 footage

  • Like 1
  • fir thi bairns 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Schwartzxz
2 hours ago, GTAhare said:

I honestly wonder how many cities GTA 6 will have. I’m just curious. One? Two? Three?

probably 6

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black_Jesus
2 hours ago, Shanki said:

The fact that they have shown PS3/X360 era trailers in the next-gen trailer is the most mindboggling thing i have ever seen Rockstar do.

Please don't tell em that it's human nature, why,why.

Edited by Black_Jesus
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xhwyvn

Is it possible the error code is a hint? Or what that be clutching at straws? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 81 Users Currently Viewing
    37 members, 4 Anonymous, 40 Guests

    • palmtreegoblin
    • GR7
    • Buckcote
    • xhwyvn
    • jackc01
    • Arkvoodle
    • seth297
    • DuPz0r
    • Maveee
    • killso
    • HippyHagrid
    • igrobar
    • evel79njpod666
    • Cber099
    • Krauub
    • TELEMUNDINI
    • WatchTheThrone
    • Klasky
    • Incognito12
    • ArthurZussman
    • Mazaian
    • rhaegar27
    • nicktestbranch
    • Aquat1co
    • Acetaminophen
    • Vice0897
    • viralammobank
    • deadasdisco
    • Bamboozled
    • Volatollotalov
    • cremefraiche
    • kingcs
    • WanteD1
    • evh5150vanhalen
    • Dourvas
    • RenegadeAngel
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.