2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Sound Off: GTA VI Speculation for GrandTheftAuto.net

Kirsty

Hi folks. We've just featured the following speculation article on our new website in a sorta interview style with uNi, Spider and myself. 

Clicky

Give us your own answers in the same format (copy below) and we'll look back in the distant future to see who pulled it out of the bag!

Remember this is a Q&A style topic, so keep the discussion in the other relevant topics.

Cheers!

---

Where do you think R* could take us next?

Era
What timeline do you think GTA VI will be set in?

Protagonist
What do you want the next protagonist(s) to be like?

Platform
What platform(s) do you think it will release on?

What do you think multiplayer will be like?

Announcement & Release
When do we think R* could announce and release GTA VI?

Leaks
Do you believe in any of the “leaks” about GTA VI?

fib_ufo_small.png

GhettoJesus

Vice City and south Florida. Maybe add pieces of Cuba, Haiti or the Bahamas. I am very positive about South Florida though.

Era

Modern era. I don't think R* would revisit the 80s again and given how every numbered GTA (except II) was set in modern era I am going with this. Although the 80s would definitely have a huge marketing appeal.

Protagonist

One, well detailed protagonist. Empire building, starting from the bottom. Or you could start from the top, tumble down and then make a comeback. Or you could be the asshole protagonist that we haven't seen yet. All the protagonist were assholes but in their own world they were the saints. Tommy didn't betray his friends, CJ took a stand against drugs, Niko tried to protect his loved ones. You know what I am saying? I wonder how would an asshole protagonist work that would backstab his own friends and stuff. It's hard to say who will it be. I think we will definitely have an empire building one tho. Just nothing like Trevor please. That is a stain on Rockstar's character design.

Platform

PC, PS5 and the new Xbox.

Microtransactions, a catch-all appeal.

Announcement & Release

We will see a release within 3 years. Maybe an announcement or at least a logo this year. But I am not getting my hopes up.

Leaks

No, I am about the wait and see approach. My PC probably couldn't run it anyways so it wouldn't make a difference if it is released tomorrow or 10 years later.

Edited by GhettoJesus

K2yjoYK.png

East coast, at least two fully fledged cities. Could be entirely new but I'd expect at least one of them to be a returning city, aka VC or LC. 

Era: What timeline do you think GTA VI will be set in?

Modern day, with flashbacks to previous eras at most. Modern day comes without the technological limitations of a GTA set in the past which wouldn't be an issue in single player but would be in GTA Online 2.

Protagonist: What do you want the next protagonist(s) to be like?

Don't particularly care, I just want one protagonist again this time around. The idea of a female protag gets floated around, I think if they went in this direction a choice of a male or female protag would be good - similar to how AC Odyssey handled it.

Platform What platform(s) do you think it will release on?

PS5 + Xbox Series X day 1. 50/50 if PC will release at the same time.

Online: What do you think multiplayer will be like?

More roleplay inspired, an evolution of what we're seeing in RDO. Probably stuff like RPG stats, so you'll have to improve certain aspects of your character to unlock more challenging/rewarding content. Think leveling up your vault cracking or something like that. Good chance of being able to play as a cop.

Announcement & Release When do we think R* could announce and release GTA VI?

At the earliest, late 2020. I would say that it's a very safe bet that we'll have a trailer and release date before the end of 2021.

Leaks: Do you believe in any of the “leaks” about GTA VI?

Not at the moment. The Project Americas leak seems the most believe due to a reference being found in the RDR2 files but there's nothing to point to it being true beyond that yet.

Edited by Jason

location vice city and liberty city and south americas but only for missions 

era: in the 80s for the story it makes sense if the game is about drug running the 80s setting would please the old school players and modern setting works for online 

protagonist  i want one three was good in five but its better to have one get more into there story 

platform - ps5 x box series x goggle stadia pc 

online - will have all dlc in some form for current online will be next level hopefully more roleplaying rockstar seems to want to go this way rdr online shows that play as a cop hopefully 

announcement and release - announcement late this year or early next year comes out late 2022 spring 2023 

leaks - project americas leak two pastebin leaks ps5 specs and a pastebin leak from april last year and maybe the scouting letter leak 

• Like 2

Where do you think R* could take us next?

I think it could be Vice City but part of me wants it to be Las Venturas or a new city.

Era

In the past. We've just had two games set in the present back to back. I want to see the HD universe in the past. If its Vice City 1980s. If it's Venturas 1970s. Sure you can argue that Online this and that won't allow it but I think they'll find a way.

Protagonist
What do you want the next protagonist(s) to be like?

I don't really know what I want the next protagonist to be like but I wouldn't mind multiple protagonists this time but only two protagonists. No more than that.

Platform

PS5, XSX, PC

They're gonna make you start all over. They won't let you transfer your character and if they do you they aren't going to let you keep all their money and assets lol. The online protagonist ends up in a new city or arrested I expect all of their businesses to be shut down, and all of our money and assets to be seized by the government.

I think that they'll introduce face scans for character customization.

Businesses need to be reworked it's mainly buy building, buy supplies, sell supplies, hope some asshole don't blow you up, repeat. There needs to be some excitement. How about relationships with our supplier? They want you to double the amount that you're selling in a limited amount of time or they kill you or some sh*t.  You on good terms with them they'll send some NPC muscle to back you up.

Maybe they think you're stealing from them so they start attacking you too. Dont like them get rid of them and find a new connect which brings new opportunities and problems the next guy in line from whoever you killed remembers and wants revenge, the new supplier is at war with your old supplier so their problems become your problems, etc.

There also better be less menus and loading screens.

Announcement & Release

I'm hoping for an October 2020 announcement. Probably won't happen but whatever.

Leaks

So far no. Maybe there are a couple leaks out there that are real we just haven't found them. The real leaks are the smaller leaks like Jorge Consejo and Tim Neff.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 2

AlexGRFan97

Ever since 2014, I've had a strong inkling that it'll be Vice City. The roman numeral "VI" coinciding with the first two letters of "Vice" would be too good of an opportunity to pass up. Not saying that they couldn't place the game anywhere else, after all everyone was sold on Forza Horizon 4 being set in Japan only for it to take place in the UK instead, which just about everyone apart from BlackPanthaa got wrong. I'm not counting out any other location. But I'd be very surprised if Vice City didn't feature as the main attraction. Personally I feel "Project Americas" has some credence to it, and believe that it may be Vice City alongside a Caribbean or South American nation, perhaps multiple.

Era
Timeline will obviously a continuation of the HD era. As for the time it's set in, I believe R* may try something with an evolving timescale, sort of like what they've done for Online but intentional. I can see the story beginning around 1983 and taking a Yakuza/Driver: Parallel Lines-style time jump to the present day at some point, whether early on or as the story progresses. I do not believe the game will primarily take place in the present or the recent past (i.e. 2013 onwards).

Protagonist

For the love of God, do not give us multiple protagonists again. If R* must, 2; one for each of the "times" I've described. I personally want to see someone who's a bit of mixture of Tommy Vercetti and Vic Vance. A young-ish yet grizzled veteran of the '70s crime scene in and around Miami, preparing to deal with the coke boom of the '80s. Race doesn't matter. If it's going to be a woman, then write it as a "character" like R* have done since 2002 (let's be honest, Claude was a blank slate), and not as a "woman" protagonist. R* of all companies shouldn't virtue-signal.

Platform

PS5 will get it first, closely followed by XSX. PC release will be delayed anywhere between 9 - 18 months.

Please, R*, scrap the current Online model and build upon what you had for GTA IV. Fun game modes, free roam, and maybe a separate story. I know Shark Cards are making a killing but think about it; this game is going to make BILLIONS of dollars in very short order. You don't need the extra profit. You really don't.

Announcement & Release

VI's announcement has been imminent for a long time now. It is just as likely to be tonight as it is 6 months from now. But it is going to be announced either this year, or next year. Ideally it should be announced before the releases of the ninth-gen consoles, but it all depends on the current world situation.

Leaks
No. Other than the little smidgen that I believe to be true (Tim Neff, Jorge Consejo, the Americas stuff hidden in RDR2), there is nothing else that I think is real. Sokolowsky's letter might be true, but there's no way R* would have only JUST started development on VI that late in the game. Because if that is the case, then it won't be released for another 3 - 4 years. And I don't think R* are that naive. Not yet at least. I think that scouting mission was for interiors/wrap-up.

a sh*te sterile environment with about as much life as a morgue.

Era

modern/current era.

Protagonist

someone who doesn't have the personality of ready salted crisps.

Platform

pc, ps5/next xbox and lesser versions for current gen.

f*cking garbage as per V - cash grab monotony.

Announcement & Release

announcement wise around the same time period next gen consoles release, as for game release no idea.

Leaks

no and if you do you probably ride the shortbus

EqqGXy2.gif

I think Vice City and nearby Cuba is quite likely. There's speculation about South America, but I think that may just be Cuba.

I would love a new rendition of Liberty City, also. Perhaps a game where you start in Liberty City before moving down south? Much like Tommy's story in GTA Vice City.

Era

The 1980's! Or modern day. Maybe even a prologue in the 70's with the main game in the 80's? An epilogue in modern day?

Think of the soundtrack if it's in the 80's!!!

Protagonist

Interesting, and complex. A return to someone like Niko Bellic would be ideal. But then I do miss Tommy Vercetti. Someone who is pretty simple, and you know who he is and what he's about.

Platform

PS5, Xbox Series X and PC around a year or so later. Although the launch of the Rockstar Games Launcher could indicate they're starting to take the PC platform more seriously now. Maybe we get a simultaneous launch next time? Or much closer.

An evolution of GTA Online and Red Dead Online. They know what is popular in GTA Online right from the start, this time. Maybe a class/role system for role players. An emphasis on building up a criminal empire from the get-go, this time?

Announcement & Release

Announced: 2pm BST 19th October 2021

Released: Scheduled for Fall 2022, delayed in May to Spring 2023, delayed again in September to October 24th 2023 

Leaks

Absolutely. I believe Stuntman Tim Neff was involved in GTA VI, after his CV leaked online back in July 2017.

I think Jorge Consejo may be involved after his CV was found in December 2017, and after he quoted me saying he could neither confirm or deny his involvement. However it took 2 and a half years for his CV to be amended.

I think The Know's report on Project Americas could be true, given how many leaks for RDR2 turned out to be true from around that time. However it has spawned a lot of copycat leaks in its wake.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I've done extensive research in this department :p 

Edited by Len Lfc

Countdown to annou... Oh, right...

The GTA VI Leak Archive | GTA VI Timeline of Events | Analyzing the Past

This is fun! Good idea. Let's see.

Well, we've had GTA 3 and then GTA IV, we've had GTA San Andreas and then GTA V, so logically... yeah, VIce City.

I just think it's the most plausible location, taking into consideration all the references about it that are present in both GTA IV and V, much like the references to Los Santos in IV. Of course, it's not gonna be just Vice City. I think Rockstar is gonna pull off something similar to what they did with V: a big, main city, which the marketing campaign for the game will focus on, where they and we can have the most fun. And then maybe a countryside and why not, new or reinterpretations of old small cities (San Fierro was mentioned a lot in GTA V, not only in Story Mode, but also in the relatively recent Doomsday Heist update for GTA Online. Who knows). Overall, GTA V style, but much better. An evolution of that formula, if you will. I also expect many more interiors and much more detail in the environment, which were missing features in V.

Era

Present time. Wouldn't make sense otherwise. Like others have mentioned in the article, we could have one of two chapters taking place in the past, but I believe the game will be mostly set in present day. First, that's how Rockstar like to have fun in terms of humor, parodying a past era just isn't the same. Marketing-wise, it's the most appealing option. And online-wise, well, same thing. I mean, we're seeing it with Red Dead Online: they wouldn't have much liberty in terms of new content with a setting in the past. How the hell are you gonna justify Oppressor Mk II in the 80s? Wait...

Protagonist

I don't care, I just trust Rockstar. I wouldn't mind a female protagonist, and I wouldn't mind a three-protagonists dynamic again, IF done right this time. But I don't think they'll do it again. I think they'll stick to the classic, one protagonist formula. Which is good in terms of character development and all that, of course, but if they did go that route, a female protagonist option would look a bit less likely... We'll see.

Platform

Oh, surely not on current gen, but that feels superfluous to say. PS5, Xbox Series X, and later on PC. Who knows, maybe this time they'll have the PC version ready when the game comes out. Ha, just kidding.

They tried an RP version of GTA Online, but they scrapped it. They eventually went with the game we all know and love/despise, and boy were they successful with it. Are they successful with it. With Red Dead Online, they did it again, but better, evolved. I think the same will happen here. Weekly or at least monthly events since launch, no more crashes or frequent errors (hopefully), more thought-out missions with an underlying story to keep it all connected and many more cutscenes, better matchmaking system, and better game modes. Also better implementation of new content with the old content. I also hope for an actual character, not just 'Nameless and wordess guy/girl', but we'll see about that

Announcement & Release

2020 announcement, 2022 release. Could be delayed due to COVID-19, probably by a year. The times are mature. 2013/2014/2015 were GTA V years (2013 release, 2014 next gen release, 2015 PC release and long-awaited Online Heists release), in 2016 they started the RDR2 marketing campaign, which ended in 2018 with the game's release, and 2019 was the year of Red Dead Online with the new Frontier Pursuits which gave it new life and a new, more defined identity. In 2019 the game also released on PC. In the same way, 2020 will be the year of the GTA 6 announcement, and the start of its marketing campaign. I'm ready.

Leaks

Most people know me on the Forums just because of this reason alone. Yes, I believe The Preacher, so what? Fight me.

• Like 3

Vice City and the surrounding southern Florida cities. I wouldn't rule out LC and a new city either.  Like Atlanta or Chicago. 

Era

80's, 90's, and present day. A revolving and expanded timeline. 

Protagonist

Someone rational that does what's necessary. Doesn't go out of their way to cause problems. Feared but respected. 

Platform

Next Gen consoles. 

What do you think multiplayer will be like?

More evolved and more enjoyable. Less catering and more restricted options. Special vehicles and weapons free lobby's. 

Announcement & Release
When do we think R* could announce and release GTA VI?

Announcement anywhere between now and the rest of 2020. 2021 release date. 

Leaks
Do you believe in any of the “leaks” about GTA VI?

Yes. Even some that we might've dismissed. 

• Like 2

Bloodytears1666

Still can't believe it's going to be Miami and Bolivia of some sort. This would make a small city and massive wilds and water, which are not suit well the game itself. I would go for the East side coast and tiny potion of Midwest.

Era
Unspecific present day. There is no point for a sacrifice for a novelization. I believe that Rockstar talented enough to present 80's style and events in modern setting, if they wish to do so.

Protagonist
Unfortunately there is more likely will be multiply new protagonists. More likely two this time.

Platform
I'm Sony's boi, better not ask those questions to me.

At first it again will be the same cool open for shootouts and fun world, that will go on loose with trends. Generally speaking, at launch we could expect PS3 like GTA online with missions, heists, businesses, but without overboard and heavy military stuff.

Announcement & Release
Announcement more likely this summer, or spring 2021, somewhere after Playstation 5 launch. Release October-November 2021.

Leaks
Partly, because they all the same in general, but also personally don't want this to be true.

• Like 2

Need For Madness Auto

Era

After 2010's

Protagonist

Female Character Just For A Change

Platform

PC,PS5,XSX

Smooth & Not Shark Cardy Boosting

Announcement & Release

Announce 2020 & Release 2021

Leaks

Yep,The "Project America's" Files In RDR2 PC,Tim Neff & Jorge Resumes Have GTA6 In It Before Got Removed.Also Tim Neff Lied That He Isnt In RDR2.The Domain Website Update,Some Artwork Hint(Instagram Reference),RG Teasing VC References In The Game/Online

• Like 2

BS_BlackScout

Vice City needs a comeback. I'm 99% confident that GTA VI is going to be set there. There are a few little hints in GTA V if you look close enough.

However, what I'd really like to see is a map with more than just one city. Like the Americas rumor thing going on.

Era

Either the 80s or some sort of retrowave like setting, that'd be f*cking amazing.

Protagonist

Interesting and captivating, no matter who they are.

Cisgender, Transgender. Non-Binary, Male, Female, Whatever. As long as it isn't three dumbed down flappy dicks like in V.

Platform

PC, PS5, XBSX. Their engine has matured a lot and I think RAGE is ready for NG only at this point.

Raymarching is already there, add that to Raytracing and other things...

Probably just as bad as GTAO is. I could be wrong however.

Announcement & Release

Later (near November) this year/2021.

Leaks

The Project Americas leak sounds plausible. I have a theory that Guarma was a test for a South America setting like that Reddit post suggests.

Considering that they have already made a game (MP3) that was set-up here (São Paulo for that matter), I wouldn't really be surprised if it happened.
There's plenty of ways to make it work, especially since drug crime is still a thing here, unfortunately.

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 2

ComicalAgate

- I think the next GTA could be multiple cities that we know and add new cities that we do not know yet, if I had to choose my favorite options, they would be Liberty City and Vice City, linked together by land, not by water as we commonly know, something like that like GTA San Andreas, but much bigger. I think the consoles of the new generation can handle a map of this size.
I also think that you will see, at least, a new city, surely inspired by Colombia, Mexico and Cuba.

Era

I think that the elections of the cities also depend a lot on the era in which the game takes place, if I am correct, I think that the era for these cities would be the 80s-90s, although I would also like to see something modern, it could be something like what happened in RDR II, divided into chapters in the 80s and 90s and the epilogue in modern times, although I would like the story of the next GTA to be a bit more extensive in single player than RDR II.

Protagonist

The inclusion of a female protagonist does not bother me, Sadie in RDR II enchanted me, also Abigail, I would like to see a protagonist like her in the next GTA and a male protagonist, something like Arthur, but with a more "GTA" style making a total of 2 main characters in the next GTA, the idea of 3 protagonists in GTA V I always liked, each one had a different personality, something I would like in the next GTA.

Platform

I think it will happen the same as always, first on console and then on PC, I hope it takes less time to port to PC

I do not think it will vary much from what there is now, capable of more free roam activities, such as sports, entertainment, etc.
Each city is different and can offer different activities.

Announcement & Release

I think Rockstar is going to announce this year, although 7 years have passed since the launch of GTA V, I think it's time to show their work, GTA Online is very good, statistics show it, but I think it is necessary for Rockstar Games to show what is capable with new technologies (PS5 and Xbox Series X) Announcement 2020 and release 2022

Leaks

50/50, some may be true, others not, sometimes I prefer not to say anything and see what happens, others are miles away to be true, they are false, others, you have to analyze them well, to see if they really are possible or not.
I think that until now the ones that proved the most are the leaks of Jorge Consejo, Tim Neff, the letter that was leaked, is what we know the most about the next GTA.

Edited by ComicalAgate
added more info
  • Like 3

East Coast. Multiple Cities most definitely. RDR2 had an insane topographical variety in map so naturally Rockstar would like to build upon that. A dense city like LC with some countryside and VC with flat sunny beaches and Everglades would be great. (VC, Cuba is also another great choice)

Era: What timeline do you think GTA VI will be set in?

Either multiple eras or modern days. (My personal preference would be a period piece becuse I don't believe Online would be hampered anyway for that decision)
In RDR1 you had 1911 and 1914. GTAV technically started in 2004 and you even went back to North Yankton for a mission in 2013 although that was just a linear section. RDR2 pushed this concept it further with 1899 and 1907 by having numerous broad and subtle differences between both eras. 

Protagonist
What do you want the next protagonist(s) to be like?

2 protagonists with a complex interconnected storyline. Can't exactly tell how they're gonna be, (depends on the tone of the story anyway) with different expertise, skillet that provides different gameplay experience (Stealth and Guns blazing). Some branching storytelling could also work which will decide fate of the protagonists and other characters.

Platform
What platform(s) do you think it will release on?

Next Gen Consoles and PC.

What do you think multiplayer will be like?

Evolved GTA Online. More emphasis on roles with hopefully less OP gears and MTX (and fewer disconnections).

Announcement & Release
When do we think R* could announce and release GTA VI?

Worst case scenario (maybe the most probable too), Fall 2021 announcement with a 2023 release. But 2020 announcement and 2022 release is also possible.

Leaks
Do you believe in any of the “leaks” about GTA VI?

Project Americas. Tim Neff, Jorge Consejo's resume leak along with some bunch of stuff which are impossible to verify now.

• Like 3

Vice city 

3 different eras 80’s 00’s/10’s 20’s

Cuban

ps5/Xbox pc few years later 

just like how it is right now with expensive crazy stuff

announcement? Later this year Release?After the corona pandemic 

the know is the only leak I believe 

Middle Class Roadman

I personally would like GTA 6 to take place in a new location that hasnt been used before. Ideally in a new city that is a depiction of somewhere within the mid western rust belt region. I feel this presents the opportunity to make use of the infamous Carcer City whilst also having the potential for a Carcer State in which multiple smaller cities/towns are also included. I'd also like to see a big focus on the rural areas between these locations like a potential depiction of the 5 great lakes which could be pretty awesome. I feel it's quite important for them to take the series to a colder, harsher and grittier environment than going for a warmer, summery location like VC as it would be fairly similar to what we just had in GTA V.

Era

I personally think Grand Theft Auto Six will inevitably have a time jump feature and the game will be played out through chapters that take place during different decades. I'd guess from the 70's right up until the present day with the latter stages of the story taking place in modern times. I've already made it clear through various posts and threads that a solely modern day setting would be an absolutely horrendous decision. I am only willing to accept a modern day setting if it is part of multiple time frames.

Protagonist

As mentioned above I feel GTA VI will take place across multiple time frames. If this is the case I am hoping for them to tell the story of one single protagonist through different stages of his life. Starting off young (late teens/early 20's) grown adult (mid 30's - early 40's) then finally middle aged/getting older (early to mid 50's). Coming off the back of one of the greatest video game protagonists ever created in Arthur Morgan, it's gonna be a feat for Rockstar to come up with someone on the same level as AM - but it's still possible and I believe they have it in them to do so. Either way I'm sure they have learnt from GTA V as that title featured some of the weakest protagonists to ever feature in a game by Rockstar. 

Platform

Next gen of consoles, PS5/XBOX Series X. This is pretty obvious at this point.

I have absolutely no interest, opinions or wishes for multiplayer.

Announcement & Release

I thought the game would have been announced by now if I'm honest but to be fair to Rockstar the current Covid-19 situation may have messed with their plans, so it's possible they were actually going to announce the game last month but decided to delay doing so. It's honestly anyones guess at this point in time but I think they could possibly announce during the last quarter of this year/fall, with a potential 2022 release at the earliest. 

Leaks

As I said in the speculation thread, if RDR2's entire story could be leaked before Rockstar had even acknowledged its existence then it's perfectly possible for leaks to be genuine. Of course you should always take them with a pinch of salt but at the same time I don't think we should instantly dismiss leaks that contain overly specific details.

Vice City, Cottonmouth and South Florida. After making the HD renditions of Liberty City and Los Santos, it seems pretty obvious Vice City will be the next to get it’s HD rendition. At least before we get any GTA games set elsewhere.

Era

Modern Era, the HD renditions have since been focused on the current 21st Century and I feel like GTA VI will probably be the final chapter in the HD Timeline after GTA IV and GTA V. On top of that, multiple hints shows that Rockstar have plans to continue the HD storyline after GTA V :

- The homeless guy that finds the diamonds at the end of TBOGT plan to use them to open a weapons and liquor store in Vice City.

- Al and Luis have a discussion about franchising Hercules and Maisonette at Vice City

- Based on the Angels of Death website, there HQ is in Vice City and they also own a theme park in Florida where they sell Dildos.

Protagonist

I don’t really care how much protagonists there is, if they are well written, charismatic and memorable, then I will be pleased. 3 protagonists should be the maximum limit, above that would be too much. I also want the story to be a rags to riches and be as fun and memorable as GTA VC and GTA SA.

Platform

Playstation 5, Xbox Series X and PC.

I don’t care about the Online mode. As long as the singleplayer and online get the same amount of attention, and that the singleplayer don’t just get abandoned like GTA V

Announcement & Release

I am going to be as logical as I can and say that an announcement will probably be around Fall of 2021 and probably a release of Fall 2022, but knowing Rockstar Games, they will probably delay the release to 2023...

Leaks

I don’t believe most of the leaks, some of them seems legit like the scouting in Florida, but other then that, I don’t believe most of these leaks. Especially Project Americas which feels more like a wishlist then a leak.

Edited by MrBreak16
  • Like 2

cremefraiche

Vice City seems almost too perfect for them not to use the 'VI-ce' thing, maybe a little on the nose but oh well. I'd personally like to see Liberty City as well, though. 

Era: What timeline do you think GTA VI will be set in?

Setting it in the past feels like the 'easier' choice, in that devs have literally anything and everything to refer to from whatever era, since it's already over. Building a game and jokes/parodies around modern times could be difficult because of how quick things move. You might have references that were put in during a 2019 build that are completely out of date by now, only months later. The dream is late 70s Liberty City, moving through chapters and ending up in 80s Vice City, with the option to travel between the two. 

Protagonist: What do you want the next protagonist(s) to be like?

Not too fussed at all. Whatever choice they make, i hope they make it based on its own merit and how they (protag) complement the story - as opposed to any political influence.

Platform What platform(s) do you think it will release on?

PS5 and new Xbox day one. PC to come later, as per

Online: What do you think multiplayer will be like?

Probably more flying motorbikes. 

Announcement & Release When do we think R* could announce and release GTA VI?

I would say we get an announcement this year. Maybe a quick trailer/teaser? I think people will be more keen to drop money on a new console if they know they'll definitely be playing the next GTA on it soon. If there's a trailer it could also essentially double as a sizzle reel for what next-gen is capable of. Win-win for everybody. 

Leaks: Do you believe in any of the “leaks” about GTA VI?

Not reeeeally. The Know leak seems to have the most weight to it thus far. I do believe our Scotsman knows something, but that obviously isn't a 'leak' as such.

Similarly with Pixar, Rockstar seems to 'test' things in their games to get 'good' at something that will be used widely in their next project. My random speculation is that in GTA next weather systems and the whole time-skip thing will be big plot points, as they've already tested them out on a lesser scale in RDR2

Edited by cremefraiche
  • Like 2

Where do you think R* could take us next?

I believe it would be a mixture of Vice City and another unspecified location.

Era

Late 1970's - Mid 1980's. You know what they say, would be a perfect fit.

Protagonist

Someone like T.K. from Driver: Parallel Lines and Frank Carter from The Getaway. 

Platform

Next-gen. For any of you kids reading this in 15 years, it would be the PS5 and the new Xbox (I'm unsure on what it's called)

A re-thread of Grand Theft Auto Online, too good to pass up.

Announcement & Release

I believe that an announcement might be possible in Q3 2020, a release could happen somewhere around 2022 and '23. 

Leaks

Not personally, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Project Americas leak.

• Like 2

Florida plus some South American city.

Era

Multiple eras. 80's and modern.

Protagonist

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a female protagonist in VI, but she'll not be the single lead. I don't think we'll be getting mutiple protagonists like in V but more like how you get to pick between a boy and a girl in Pokemon.

Platform

PS5, XSX and PC

Can't really say. I never cared about GTAO.

Announcement & Release

Oct 2020 announcement, 2023 release.

Leaks

Only project americas so far.

• Like 2

Collibosher

Florida-ish state (including Vice City) + one non-American fully accessible island, probably imitating Cuba. (R* is not going to make another map with Mexico and part of USA bordering it. Also you're gonna be smuggling drugs between Cuba/USA by plane.)  

Era

Current era. They want to be able to use smart phones, earpieces etc. to carry out complicated missions. Even more necessary in online mode. There may be some sort of flashback or prologue set in the 80's. 

Protagonist

Two protagonists, where the other one lives in that non-American island. One of them is female and one of them is Hispanic. I would guess R* tries protagonists that are not so predetermined, but more shaped by the player choices. They don't want to replicate that heavy, story line oriented theme from RDR2. 

Platform

Eventually on all PS5, Xbox and PC. There are rumors about PS5 exclusivity, but that's gonna be a some sort of "early play" exclusivity at most. There will be some features and DLC that are platform exclusive.

Pretty much the same formula as the current one. Probably more RPG oriented.

Announcement & Release

I would have anticipated an announcement later this year and after several delays the actual release in the late 2022, but I think this whole corona thing has pushed everything further at least 6 months.

Leaks

I pretty much believe in all those casting call leaks despite they don't offer much, but they do make me believe the game is actually in development and those people play characters in it. That "Florida scouting" leak seems really believable too. Looking at the past leaks from the past GTAs and what turned out to be true, I expect everything else like leaked game photos being absolutely fake.

• Like 3

Where do you think R* Could take us next?

Vice City and some surroundings areas like Everglades. I think we may even get a part in South America too.

Era

Starting off somewhere in the 80's advancing to modern time. I think R* want to go above and beyond so I see this game going in chapters like they did with RDR2. As the player progresses through the chapters, the timeline changes at certain points. Vehicles, Radio Stations, Guns etc all change. I think it adds a lot to the character development as well. Certain side characters you meet when you first start off are your friends and then become your enemies in modern times? Their character traits change. 

Protagonist?
What do you want the protagonist(s) to be like?

I really don't mind. I think that Arthur Morgan is such a well written character. I want R* to make a character like that. If they go with multiple protagonists again, I can't really complain. ,R* could be trying something a little different this time with the multiple protagonists. Instead of them basically working together and teaming up like they did in V. This time they are actually against each other. Enemies. Both are protagonists and antagonists in one way as the story progresses.

Platform

Play Station 5, Next Xbox and the PC. 

I think it'll be a lot like GTA Online but a lot more in depth. I don't see specifically our online characters transferring over from V to VI. Most likely we will be making a fresh character and working from the ground up. Though, I do think a lot of the certain features from V's online will. I'm talking about casinos, nightclubs, bunch of businesses we are able to purchase and manage all that stuff along with new ideas. 

Announcement & Release

I'm looking at a October/November 2020 announcement and a release in 2023. Though due to the COVID-19 situation, may be pushed back or on hold. 

Leaks

Hmmmm, just Project Americas at this point to be honest. I mean there is basically a "leak" almost every day now lol. To me, there is just something about the Project Americas one that seems the most realistic one at this stage. We will see what happens I guess. 

Edited by Verdant
  • Like 2

Vice City involved in some way.

Era

Modern

Protagonist

Someone related to law enforcement.

Platform

All of 'em.

Screaming 13 year olds

Announcement & Release

March 2021 for a October 2022 release (20th anniversary of Vice City)

Leaks

Project Americas sounds very Rockstar.

• Like 2

I win, check em

San Fierro and Las Venturas with a few missions in Liberty City remastered like North Yankton. Graphics either on par with RDR2 or lower to keep the size doable.

Era
1970-1990

Protagonist

Single protagonist, male, age starts at 18 and increases as game progresses in eras. Some average joe caught in gambling and bad business and tries to build himself an empire, buys properties, runs illegal business, becomes mob head.

Platform

PS4/XB1 double dipped into PS5/XBSX with an "upgrade". No reason to waste the current base of users, easy money pickings. GTA 5 was limited and released right when the PS4/XB1 released, people complained, still made selling records, on both generations.

Back to the roots of GTAO silliness as RDR2 isn't doing as hot as it should be due to its "realism" that makes the game feel like a chore. But upped by 10 times to keep it going for the next decade.

Announcement & Release
Announcement in October 2020

Release Spring 2022

Leaks

No, the Project Americas leak link to RDR2 files is complete BS. "Americas" that was found in the files is a reference to the scrapped Mexico map. After RDR2 incident Rockstar probably threatened everyone's families.

• Like 2

Bob Loblaw_

Vice City

Era

80s

Protagonist

Someone likable and charismatic, with an interesting backtory

Platform

PS5/Series X

GTA Online 2.0

Announcement & Release

A: 2020

R: 2022

Leaks

No

• Like 2

I want it to be somewhere new like Chicago, but it'll probably be Vice City.

Era:

Modern

Protagonist:

Single protagonist. I doubt Rockstar will go with three protagonists again. 

Platform:

PS5/Xbox Series X first, PC later on. As per tradition.

Online:

Exactly like GTA Online from 5. They did the same thing with Red Dead Online. I don't see them stopping now.

Announcement & Release:

Announcement in 2021, release in 2023.

I'd like to believe they would announce it in 2020, but my gut says they'll announce it after the next-gen consoles are out.

Leaks:

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them turns out to be true.

• Like 2

LC + VC, more in-depth but separated by a loading screen (or something more elegant). My reasoning for this is that we know R* had been working on revamping LC in some capacity for what I assume was GTA O, and now they are taking down LC mod conversions for V as well. While they do state in their TOS that taking assets from other titles (including their own) is not allowed, it is a bit strange that they are only targetting LC while V's map has been modded without issues into older titles, and other assets like IV's character models and vehicles have made into V as mods without any issues.

VC was also allgedly being worked on for GTA O if long time community member Razed is to be believed. While I dont think this are a surefire sign that the two maps are R*'s visions for VI, it is something to think about imo.

Era
A Driver: Parallel Lines style scenario where we get to explore our protagonist's campaign through two eras, one in the 70s/80s, the other current day. Fans have been clamoring for a time period GTA piece for a long time, and while R* really arent ones for fan service (Trevor :whistle:), I do believe that this would make for an interesting campaign.

Protagonist
No preferences on this front. My only wish is that they stick to a single protagonist for the game so we dont get another GTA V situation where the story feels "rushed", if that makes any sense.

Platform
Definitely a console release first; likely a year into the PS5 and Xbox Series X life-cycle. A PC version would probably follow 7 or so months from then.

I dont see R* departing much from GTA Online's current model. Business setups to grind for money, heists to pull off, racing, various minigames, and a chaotic freemode. My only "wish" is that they revamp the economy to something more even. Unfortunately, I suspect that they've been working hard on ensuring certain glitches wont make a return to inject people with some easy money.

Announcement & Release
The earliest we can see an announcement is probably by the end of this year, considering how next-gen consoles will have been revealed by then, or within 1-2 years of next-gen's release. Add another year or two for release.

Leaks
No, but the only one even plausible would be 'Project Americas'. Most of the "leaks" we see elsewhere read more like fanfiction and writing excercises by a bored student. What worrys me more is how much people overreact to even the slightest mention of a leak; we truly are desperate for information it seems :D

Edited by Dock
  • Like 3

dockgtaf.gif

I hope they introduce El Paso as a new location and the name I made for it is "El Pescadero". All the cities I want are El Pescadero, Vice City, and Liberty City. 

Era

El Pescadero - Late 70s' > Vice City - Mid to Late 80s' > Liberty City - 90s' - Present

Protagonist

Someone intimidating and interesting. Rags to riches. Mid 30s.   

Platform

Next-gen and PC. Of course PC will be delayed for a year or two like always though. 

You must be a certain rank to go to different cities. Vice City unlocks at debut rank, El Pescadero unlocks at rank 30, and Liberty City unlocks at rank 60.

Announcement & Release

October 2020 announcement

October 2022 release (in correspondence with Vice City's 20th birthday)

Leaks

As of now, I have some faith in Project Americas. It hasn't been contradicted as of now. That's about it. I've been taking everything with a pinch of salt and have adapted the philosophy of "unexpect the expected".  

Edited by gig
  • Like 2

C-h-a-r-l-y

Platform:

Next Gen only & PC

Announcement & Release:

Summer 2020

Fall 2021(postboned Fall 2022)

Leak:

DeepthroatVI

• Like 3