1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA V Praising Thread

StrafeFTW

Since we have had a complain thread, how about we add a praising thread where we all post in this forum good things about the story mode of GTA V. I'll start first. GTA V has amazing missions, funny characters and more side missions

Edited by StrafeFTW

Hate to break it to ya pal, but most members of these particular forums treat this game like it came from the depths of hell, so I doubt this thread will be very active.

On topic though, just like every other GTA game, I do enjoy the environment, rampaging and the overall vibe of the world. The missions were also very fun and free roaming is cool. The car customization is the best in the series, though it was only in San Andreas, but it's very improved.

• Like 4

I'll give some reasons why I liked GTA V, but really for me it just had that thing, that magic. 

That's all that's really needed to say but I guess I'll list out some reasons too

• Los Santos and Blaine County are very very beautiful. Makes me feel like SoCal is a home of sorts, even though I've never visited I'd really love to go to that beautiful place and in a sense I already feel like I've experienced its beauty and splendor thanks to V. The sunny vibe of V's setting almost always put me in a good mood. Though LS and Blaine County are equally good at night, not to forget the amazing sunsets. The Snapmatic thread is good for checking out the beauty of V's map
  • Loved the Heists. Even the not-really-heists like Merryweather Score and Blitz Play were great missions I thought, and the ones like Jewel Store Job and Big Score(both methods) are among my favourite missions in the series. I think all the heists were really fun missions
  • Michael. One of my favourite protagonists in the series, probably only behind Tommy for me. I liked all 3 protagonists but M was the star of the show, loved his relationships with Franklin, Trevor, Dave, Solomon, liked his unique interactions with people like his family, his therapist and the Epsilon Cult, and generally loved the take of a more villainous yet sympathetic protagonist. Ned Luke knocked it out of the park imo.
  • Some great missions in general. Some I particularly liked are Wrap Up, Bury the Hatchet, Monkey Business, Derailed, Lamar Down, Crystal Maze, The Time's Come(like the way this ending wraps the story) and even The Third Way. Not that all the others weren't good, GTA V in general had some great missions
  • GTA V is more revolutionary than people give it credit for. For better or worse it brought some big changes to the franchise like multi protagonist system, proper first person view, animals in the overworld, a successful online mode. 
Edited by Guest

What can I say... Hmm...

There are some things, which were introduced in Grand Theft Auto V and are very good, bad sadly they were implemented badly. Like... personal vehicle, for example. I'd like to have a personal vehicle in Grand Theft Auto IV and in Grand Theft Auto VI, but I want the game to let me choose one. I don't want to be forced to have the same vehicle every time I start a new game.

Moreover... there are many great clothes in Grand Theft Auto V, but sadly our characters change them every time. I don't even care about the clothes anymore, and I never change them, because they just change them for me.

Edited by Americana

-Michael Townley

-Special Abilities

-Los Santos

-Graphics

-The vehicles player can use

-Speeding up around the map

MyNameIsNotImportantBro
13 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Hate to break it to ya pal, but most members of these particular forums treat this game like it came from the depths of hell,

Probably San Andreas Fanboys

54 minutes ago, OmarMohammed said:

Probably San Andreas Fanboys

It's also mostly people who are fans of IV, but it is fans of SA as well.

I love how it still holds up well after almost 7 years, the setting, the story, all the side missions and activities you can do and everything. I enjoy it almost as much as I played it for the first time in 2013.

Edited by Thejeffster
  • Like 5
11 minutes ago, Thejeffster said:

, all the side missions and activities you can do and everything. I enjoy it almost as much as I played it for the first time in 2013.

I appreciate GTA V having some unique and neat side activities, tennis and golf were fun and I even liked scuba diving, just to mention a few. I also appreciate the variety of racing missions in the game.

i like first person mode a lot. is it a gimmick? maybe. do i use it often? not really. but i really like it, i just don't know why.

maybe it's because driving in first person is a new experience in GTA. or maybe viewing everything close-up has forced rockstar to increase the texture quality and detail for current gen.

Just now, Niobium said:

i like first person mode a lot. is it a gimmick? maybe. do i use it often? not really. but i really like it, i just don't know why.

maybe it's because driving in first person is a new experience in GTA. or maybe viewing everything close-up has forced rockstar to increase the texture quality and detail for current gen.

For me it also gave me incentive to complete the story again in first person, also exploring LS and Blaine County in first person kinda makes you experience their magnificence in a brand new light, so it really helped in revitalizing/ extending the life of the game for me. 

20 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Hate to break it to ya pal, but most members of these particular forums treat this game like it came from the depths of hell, so I doubt this thread will be very active.

Seems like this happens with every new game. Not just on here, but when GTA 4 came out a lot of people hated it for going realistic and being too gritty/dark compared to GTA SA. There will always be a subset of people that prefer the previous game for whatever reason. I guarantee you, when GTA 6 comes out it's going to be the exact same as how GTA 5 was received, except there will be a vocal crowd saying how underrated 5 was.

On topic, I actually liked the special abilities that the three protagonists had. Always had fun with Michael's bullet time ability.

The car, weapon and character customisation.

The ambience/atmospheric sounds around LS, such as dogs barking, police helicopters and the loud music playing in South LS, loud TV’s and conversations/arguments you can hear coming from houses in Mirror Park and sounds of people diving into pools around the rich Vinewood area.

• Like 3

Graphics - It aged very well and I think that while other games may have done better than it has, I think it is relatively more polish in all its mechanics and parts. Plus the addition of animals do breath more life into it compared to previous titles.

Gameplay - It has satisfactory gunplay with some weapons sounding very satisfying and how responsively people die to headshots. It has also optimized some of older features like how you can quickly enter a car while talking on the phone. Plus how you can the use phone for a lot of features like watching TV shows and ordering cars.

Sounds - I think it has some of the most breath-taking songs that you can get lost in (though sadly they rarely come on the radio) and I kinda find it interesting that the talk radio changes based on what part of the map you are in.

Story/Characters - It has Michael which had the potential to be one of the best protagonist and I think story wise the structure was good, I only disagree with the execution and quantity. Also I wish we had more of Lamar, he was an entertaining character.

GTA Online - A huge leap in terms of GTA multiplayer, the Online is massive in terms of content and you can get a lot of hours of gameplay out of it from doing small time crimes to get that criminal vibe to buying up properties in the Online world to get that millionaire vibe. 

• Like 3

Amazing views, funny quotes, pretty good, but unrealistic heists, lots of gunfights, like in real life "friends can turn into enemies", we see the Strawberry hood, the Rockford hills, the Vinewood Hills, the desert area.We can have luxury cars, make selfies, make money.
The soundtrack is awesome.
Los Santos overall is awesome city, I love to see their new city in GTA 6.
In online we can buy our own yatch and make our own heist crew together and become friends in real life.

Why I like GTA V a lot:

- Los Santos & the surrounding areas are well crafted and fun to explore. I feel like the amount of detail Rockstar puts into their maps is special and this shows especially here.

- Missions have a lot of variety and are fast paced. People whine about them being "scripted" but I prefer it this way, it feels like a quality action movie

- Michael and Trevor are some of the most memorable and interesting GTA characters and their relationship makes is well done

Overall even after almost 7 years I return to it from time to time, one of the most memorable games of the past 10 years imho

• Like 7

Missions have a lot of variety and are fast paced. People whine about them being "scripted" but I prefer it this way, it feels like a quality action movie

Don't tell me you enjoy playing these scripted sections more than once?

• KEKW 1
15 minutes ago, Americana said:

I would kindly advise against questioning praises in a thread meant for praising this game.

• Like 1

- The game aged pretty well.

- It is still fun to play nowadays.

- Trevor Phillips is one of the most emblematic characters of the GTA series.

- The shooting system is pretty good (I like it, can't explain why).

- It feels like an adventure, B-movie, which is great.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Americana said:

I have played GTA V like 5 times since release (and some missions more than that) so yeah I have no problems with that. In fact the Mafia 3/Ubisoft games type of missions where you choose your own way are the boring ones since its repetitive and a chore

Edited by Journey_95
  • Like 3

Liked the dialogue/banter in this game, the banter between Michael/Trevor(though this sometimes got excessive), Michael/Solomon, Franklin/Lamar, Trevor/Lamar etc were fun to listen to. 

In general the dialogue and voice acting of the main cast was really good I thought, may not have been any intense moments apart from Bury the Hatchet(I think) but I liked it overall. 

Algonquin Assassin

I've always really liked the Snapmatic. Which is a huge step up from GTA IV's awful camera phone that doesn't even save.

Normally I'm not one for taking in game photos in any game, but with GTA V it's a pleasure. I could spend hours just walking around taking photos of random things, messing with filters and such. 

• Like 5
billiejoearmstrong8

- I find Trevor to be an extremely compelling and entertaining character, the second best of all time in GTA. Probably the number one thing I enjoy about V

- Although there's some issues with the overall story I love the writing and dialogue in this game, the HD era tradition of higher quality in these areas is continued. The cutscenes are excellent, the acting is incredibly good (particularly from Steven Ogg and Ned Luke) and I really enjoy the interactions between the different characters. Although I believe that on balance there's a bit too much silly/lighthearted stuff included there's still many great scenes/conversations that are dark, dramatic, serious, compelling and thought provoking as well as funny and entertaining. The writing is underrated imo

- The graphics are impressive and there's some breathtaking scenery and lots of areas that I've enjoyed exploring

- I enjoy the character switching aspect especially with the numerous different "switch scenes" giving the illusion that the protagonists are always busy living their lives

- Many of the missions are a lot of fun, particularly some of the heists/robberies and the ones that allow for some freedom and variation, and a lot of the shootouts are cool too. I also enjoy some of the more creative aspects they included like having to be a janitor and actually mop, the traffic lights thing, using the trackify app, shooting from the wing of a plane etc

- Being able to replay missions from the menu is a godsend, and the medal objectives added a lot of replay value to the missions for me

- Animals being in the game is cool and I especially like their approach to including dogs. Chop and the ghost dog are awesome and I like how Franklin vibes with them

- Love the Random Events, they make the map feel more alive, are often surprising, include some interesting characters and conversations, and I like how you have some choices in a lot of them. The "soapboxers" around the map are cool as well. And I liked having the Strangers and Freaks missions in addition to the main missions

- The TV is good (an improvement on IV's) and so are the movies (especially "The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain"), the internet (funny writing and I like how there's lots of interactive elements) and radio (lots of great music to be found, including some that suits the atmosphere of the game very well)

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

GTA V really isn't a bad game, it's a great game infact, it's just... not the best GTA game. One of my favorite aspects of GTA V is the character of Micheal, I think the way they approached him and developed him was very unique, as the idea of a protagonist that has already "beaten the game" so to say is a very interesting one and I really wish the game focused more on him. When lined up with the other characters like Trevor who is just a walking cartoon caricature, there really is no comparison. The map feels very diverse and expansive (even if it is quite empty in some areas), and the overall artistic style of the game is great. I will always respect GTA V for its technological aspects like that, which is especially impressive considering the game was initially developed for 7th generation consoles, which was at least EIGHT YEAR OLD  hardware at the time of the games release. The heists missions were also fun, and I appreciate the detail they put into them and how it could always play out a little bit differently depending on who your crew members are. The inclusion of animals and especially sea creatures in later releases is also something I'm really grateful for, I've waited a long time for those to be added in. Also, the addition of an original score kicks f*cking ASS. As someone who loves music it really fits the game well and makes the whole game feel great, probably my favorite new addition.

I really, really enjoy GTA V. I wouldn't have sunken 1,000 hours into it otherwise. It's just not my favorite.

Edited by zanesix
  • Like 8
Algonquin Assassin
8 hours ago, zanesix said:

GTA V really isn't a bad game, it's a great game infact, it's just... not the best GTA game

I feel this same.

It's still not a good as GTA IV is to me, but nonetheless it's still great game when you consider its positives over its negatives. In saying that it's still better than many games in the same genre (Looking at you Watchdogs). 

- The Dialogue. The narrative itself is flawed. A lot of characters who didn't reach their potential but the dialogue? Top notch. Straight out of movies and makes you smile. The dialogue for me is 10/10.

-The three protagonists. I love all three. Even Franklin. He isn't well explored but he fits in with the other two. 

-The multiple protagonist system. Not quite what I imagined it pre release. More limited but still useful and a good contribution to the series to make missions more interesting. 

- I like some of the radio stations in the game. Radio Mirror Park captures the gane's atmosphere the best for me. LSRR, West Coast Classics and a couple of others are also fun. 

- The in-game soundtrack. Absolutely amazingly composed. 

- Fun and varied Missions and side activities. 

- Vehicle Variety. 

- The Flying in the game is very well done. 

- The map is very accessible to f*ck around in. Beautiful as well.  The arcade-ish style of driving also contributes to that. 

-The little details and Easter Eggs. 

Edited by TheSantader25