2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

GTA 6 Fear List

GRANDHEIST

CynicalMexican
On 7/4/2021 at 2:34 PM, WELSH_BOI_99 said:

Does it? It sounds kind of lame and its going to be another overly satirical piece like GTA 5 was. (GTA 5 wasn't the best when it comes to writing)

Yeah I'm growing tired of the balls to the walls satire myself. I want them to go down to the toned down dark humor of GTA 3.

CynicalMexican

More minor fears:

- Useless paramedics. I HATED the paramedics in GTA 5, the lazy dicks can't revive someone who took ONE f*ckING PUNCH.

- Insta-dead peds. I thought the injury system in GTA 4 was one of the best things about that game. Why it was removed is beyond me.

- Boring ped interactions. GTA V really hasn't aged too well in this. Watch Dogs 2 blows it out of the water, Saint's Row 2 did this well, though RDR2 shows big signs of improvement. 

- Balls to the walls satire. So much of GTA V's satire felt way too obvious. I want something more subtle and dark.

- Lame street names. I love how GTA 4's Street names were realistically named and mapped. GTA 5's Street names feel generic, like Prosperity Street or Innocence Boulevard or whatever.

- Lack of suburban areas and instead we get giant empty areas.

- Aggressive peds that instantly hate you.

- Lack of second/third city. GTA SA accomplished this in 2004, it can surely be done now.

• Like 9

On 7/4/2021 at 4:09 PM, WELSH_BOI_99 said:

GTA 6 to be another Modern Day based game. 

I mean if it's set in the past that diminishes the longevity of the content that they could make for the game. For example if it were to be set in the 80's or 90's.

• Like 1

Mister Pink
On 7/8/2021 at 11:37 PM, Octane said:

I mean if it's set in the past that diminishes the longevity of the content that they could make for the game. For example if it were to be set in the 80's or 90's.

To be honest, if it's set in the past, the only diminished longevity is restricted by people's lack of imagination. I'm not directing this at you specifically. Just the argument I've seen around many times. :) 

There is no reason we can't have plenty of good released content for years to come. What do you actually need that can't be cleverly done in some other way? I mean how did Colombians smuggle and flood the USA full of cocaine in the 80's? They had no internet or smartphones. It was hardly a primitive era with no technology. It would just be up to the developers to come up with creative ways to bring in features. I can play a game without a smart phone. In fact, playing a game in the world would be more fun than going through countless UI menu phone simulator actions. Spend enough time on my phone in real life. I don't need some phone sim in a game I'm playing. 

cellpics-37.jpg

There were satellite phones and cell phones in the 1980's, albeit they cost a few grand.  If they must include phones they were there.  For sports cars they existed. Just different styles. Countach anyone? Modifying and tuning cars isn't new and has been done for the last 70 years. 

1989-toyota-crown

Guns, planes, military weapons, drugs, crimes there is all 80s and 90s versions of practically everything. It's an absolute fallacy that a game needs to be set in modern times to keep up with content. They'll never have everything from the 80's or 90's in one game, so how is that possible they could run out of content? They'll never have every gun, every knife, every car, every truck, every military vehicle etc etc.. so how can they run out of content? 

Also, with more features and functions added to the game, it should be older items with more functionality and things to do in the game. So, I don't buy that narrative. GTA still has the potential to get much more rich in gameplay. So long as it evolves with more features and functions, GTA will progress forward, regardless of the decade it's set in. More fleshed-out stealth, better car customisation, more cities, more enter-able buildings and interiors, more accessible sewers, no loading screens. There are so many ways GTA can evolve and grow and move forward without needing it to be set in the present day. 

Vice City and San Andreas were and are extremely fun games. San Andreas added: swimming, climbing, a mountain, cycling, flying planes, gambling/betting, parachuting, multiple cities, car modding, dynamic clothing changes, pool etc etc. They were all first time features and functions of GTA. Nobody thought that going from GTA III (2000's) to San Andreas (1992) was going to restrict content because they keep adding features to the game. 

I think people need to open their minds to the endless possibilities there are and stop being restricted by their own lack of creativity. 

My worry for GTA next is that the game is designed around micro transactions. GTAO has kind of killed GTA for me. Shark cards are a cancer on the game. The in-game economy is ridiculous. Shark cards compromised the integrity of the game.. It's a pity because Online has a lot going for it. 

Also, I expect Rockstar to do a modern VC because they have become so predictable. Gone are the days where Rockstar can surprise with something new. 

On 7/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, Mister Pink said:

Nobody thought that going from GTA III (2000's) to San Andreas (1992) was going to restrict content because they keep adding features to the game. 

I think people need to open their minds to the endless possibilities there are and stop being restricted by their own lack of creativity. 

To be fair, GTA III was a pretty bare bones game. Vice City and San Andreas had nowhere to go but up, not because of the time periods they were set in but because of the nature of iterative game development. It's unlikely they'll ever make those kinds of gameplay and content leaps again.

Sure, they probably wouldn't take a huge step backwards in terms of mission possibilities by setting the game in the past but they'd lose literally hundreds of cars. For some of us, that's a really big loss with no real visible upside to balance things out.

• Like 2

hector savage

-Vice City,set in 80s,playing as a crooked cop - that combination would probably turn me away from playing the game

-Locked or lack of interiors - at least several bars,pubs,strip clubs and restaurants to live up the map. Places like hotel lobbies,entrance halls of apartment buildings,maybe even city hall for more immersion. Since the game is years from release i hope the technology will allow more open and detailed interiors

-One or two predeterminted safehouses - i hope buying properties comes back,playing as a Michael i always wished we could buy one of the houses near dr. Friedlander that look towards ocean. Doesn't have to be like in SA (even though i'd like it) but at least give an option to choose between 6-7 detailed locations

-GTA V type of peds - don't need to explain that one

-Wanted level and super cops - also no need for explanation

CynicalMexican
On 7/10/2021 at 1:02 PM, hector savage said:

-Vice City,set in 80s,playing as a crooked cop - that combination would probably turn me away from playing the game

-Locked or lack of interiors - at least several bars,pubs,strip clubs and restaurants to live up the map. Places like hotel lobbies,entrance halls of apartment buildings,maybe even city hall for more immersion. Since the game is years from release i hope the technology will allow more open and detailed interiors

-One or two predeterminted safehouses - i hope buying properties comes back,playing as a Michael i always wished we could buy one of the houses near dr. Friedlander that look towards ocean. Doesn't have to be like in SA (even though i'd like it) but at least give an option to choose between 6-7 detailed locations

-GTA V type of peds - don't need to explain that one

-Wanted level and super cops - also no need for explanation

Speaking of the NPCs, I hope they're a bit more down to earth. I understand peds in all GTA games have been based on stereotypes, but this felt much less pronounced in GTA 4.

Then again, we are in Florida.

• Like 1

RamsaySaint77

I hope that if it's set in the modern day, certain super cars shouldn't be exclusive to a website

That is one of my major problems with Gta V and Online, a lot of cars are on websites but almost none of them actually appear in traffic or parked, the only cars classified as super that appear in traffic or parked in the 360 and ps3 version are the Voltic, Infernus, Bullet and Adder and in the ps4 and xbox one version they added the Zentorno and Turismo R but not the supercars already in the game like the Entity, Cheetah, Vacca etc, That's pretty bad for a singleplayer Gta considering how supercars would appear in some way in all the previous games but it's worse in online cause the best way to buy the overly expensive cars is to pay with your own money to buy shark cards. It's funny how a series about being a criminal now wants us to buy sh*t legally instead of ya know stealing it, The game is called Grand Theft Auto not Grand Buy Auto

I hope in Gta VI we actually see the more exotic cars appear but not too much to the point of ridiculousness and you don't have to buy them off a website and just more vehicle variety in general

Edited by RamsaySaint77
  • Like 5

overuse of mtx for multiplayer at the cost of single player, gta, as well as being very good open world sandbox games, have always had a strong story emphasis, i worry that the lure of cheap cash for mtx in multiplayer would just detract from that. at some point it will become just another COD where people buy it only for the online

CynicalMexican
On 7/14/2021 at 1:49 PM, awaler32 said:

overuse of mtx for multiplayer at the cost of single player, gta, as well as being very good open world sandbox games, have always had a strong story emphasis, i worry that the lure of cheap cash for mtx in multiplayer would just detract from that. at some point it will become just another COD where people buy it only for the online

Yeah I'm kinda worried that R* will jump the shark and turn GTA into a "live service" sort of game. If so, it'll mark the death of single player games.

On 7/14/2021 at 10:43 PM, CynicalMexican said:

Yeah I'm kinda worried that R* will jump the shark and turn GTA into a "live service" sort of game. If so, it'll mark the death of single player games.

i think there will always be a market for single player story driven games but the bigger players may try to move to the mass market multiplayer mtx model. With varying degrees of competence, eg Bethesda tried Fallout 76 which is middling. 

I think gta online is already a live service game, like most mmos

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 4:43 PM, CynicalMexican said:

yeah, its worrying that Ubi and other companies are making live service games with these hub-like spaces, I read somewhere more companies are doing it for future releases. Hopefully Rockstar makes a strong single-player story like they always have

• Like 1

CynicalMexican
On 7/14/2021 at 5:29 PM, Starbeth said:

yeah, its worrying that Ubi and other companies are making live service games with these hub-like spaces, I read somewhere more companies are doing it for future releases. Hopefully Rockstar makes a strong single-player story like they always have

They will and then they'll abandon it for GTA Online Future f*ckfarts 2049 DLC.

It's kind of why I'm just a wee bit skeptical that we'll see a Noire/Bully entry ever. Those games can't be monetized. RDR Online has been a failure. Much less a new IP that is single player centric.

Sigh, this is what happens when casuals become the majority of the gaming market.

On 7/14/2021 at 3:19 PM, awaler32 said:

i think there will always be a market for single player story driven games but the bigger players may try to move to the mass market multiplayer mtx model. With varying degrees of competence, eg Bethesda tried Fallout 76 which is middling. 

I think gta online is already a live service game, like most mmos

And that's what depresses me. R* became famous for its innovative single player releases. Now they're just the "GTA Online company" with a Blizzard-esque model.

• Like 7

Three protagonists. One protagonist? Fine. Two? Cool. But three? Eh. Not sure I liked how played that out. I think it was done better in IV

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
CynicalMexican

If we get Little Haiti and the Haitians again, it better not be these pussies:

15571663015196_3.jpg

Instead I want these bad ass mofos:

ZoePound.jpg

JumpingKentFlash

All existing cars within the game should appear on the streets. Multiple assorted upgrades on them too. Goes for story and online.

Collibosher
On 7/25/2021 at 6:32 PM, JumpingKentFlash said:

All existing cars within the game should appear on the streets. Multiple assorted upgrades on them too. Goes for story and online.

You mean hear or there or in the traffic? The thing I hate about GTAs is the authenticity of the traffic, it's even worse in latest GTAs. Unless the game is set in Cuba, you shouldn't for example see any TornadoS etc. driving around or like in GTA V enhanced edition where you can see traffic jams full of Pigalles 🤦‍♂️ Real life traffic is boring and grey and that's how it should be in GTA too. But yeah I do like to find rare or "secret" cars from unique locations while exploring the map, instead of buying them.

• Like 1

CynicalMexican
On 7/25/2021 at 12:49 PM, Collibosher said:

You mean hear or there or in the traffic? The thing I hate about GTAs is the authenticity of the traffic, it's even worse in latest GTAs. Unless the game is set in Cuba, you shouldn't for example see any TornadoS etc. driving around or like in GTA V enhanced edition where you can see traffic jams full of Pigalles 🤦‍♂️ Real life traffic is boring and grey and that's how it should be in GTA too. But yeah I do like to find rare or "secret" cars from unique locations while exploring the map, instead of buying them.

In GTA 4 it was all right because there were still a lot of "beater" cars being used in 2008.

In GTA 5... yeah they need to overhaul a lot of the vehicles. IMO older vehicles shouldn't be older past the year 1996, and traffic should reflect 2010-present day. 70s/80s cars should be rare and in usually bad condition.

• Like 2

JumpingKentFlash
On 7/25/2021 at 9:49 PM, Collibosher said:

I want all cars on the street. I agree that there’s too many Tornadoes or Pigalles on the streets, but I guess that’s just lazy coding.

CynicalMexican
On 7/25/2021 at 10:38 PM, JumpingKentFlash said:

I want all cars on the street. I agree that there’s too many Tornadoes or Pigalles on the streets, but I guess that’s just lazy coding.

R* are lazy when it comes to vehicle coding tbh

Dante De Niro
On 7/26/2021 at 12:26 PM, CynicalMexican said:

R* are lazy when it comes to vehicle coding tbh

lol i can only imagine what you think about other games vehicle coding then

i'm old. not used with dlcs and expansion packs. i enjoy playing games out of the box, without any updates. 

Edited by Acidify
  • Like 2

CynicalMexican
On 7/26/2021 at 10:53 AM, dantedenirodeniro said:

lol i can only imagine what you think about other games vehicle coding then

Tbh if any game developer can properly script realistic traffic variety they should automatically be nominated for a Nobel

Game will babysits me with every mission.

No fun allowed or restrictions applied policy. When I want to shoot my television, I will shoot it !

My biggest fear is writing and game set in modern times, they cannot do modern poltics and satire GTA V is proof.

Dan Houser left, Leslie Benzies left, Take 2 applying DMCA on every mod. Harsh times incoming...

Singleplayer will be barebone and act like demo to Online...

Dante De Niro

-A map with a lot of *nothing* like GTA V. That isn't so much of a fear, because they managed to make very beautiful and interesting nothings on RDR2.

-Three protagonists again. Three is too much, maybe two protagonists can work.

-Linear missions that treat you like a child (c'mon man, kids play Minecraft which is a game that tells you absolutely nothing of how to play it)

-A 2025 launch, man I can't even make sure that i'll be alive by that point.

-A weak singleplayer, being just a bait for the online mode. I really don't think that's going to happen, but idk what to expect from Rockstar now.

-The game taking place in a modern era. That's the most probable thing to corroborate.

• Like 3

CynicalMexican
On 7/26/2021 at 11:39 AM, dantedenirodeniro said:

-A map with a lot of *nothing* like GTA V. That isn't so much of a fear, because they managed to make very beautiful and interesting nothings on RDR2.

-Three protagonists again. Three is too much, maybe two protagonists can work.

-Linear missions that treat you like a child (c'mon man, kids play Minecraft which is a game that tells you absolutely nothing of how to play it)

-A 2025 launch, man I can't even make sure that i'll be alive by that point.

-A weak singleplayer, being just a bait for the online mode. I really don't think that's going to happen, but idk what to expect from Rockstar now.

-The game taking place in a modern era. That's the most probable thing to corroborate.

RDR2's game design sort of allowed each and every area of the map to serve some kind of purpose, weather it be in terms of animals to hunt, side quests, stranger encounters, and so on. WD2 did a good job with this as well.

GTA 6 just needs to give something to do in every part of the map, really. Additionally it would be nice to have variety. GTA V had too much countryside, and even then the desert portion was just cluttered with crap. Lack of "normal" areas and another adequate city didn't help either.

• Like 2

A surface level map with very low interactibility and detail like V. Meaning small amount of interiors, no buyable properties, no places to buy food like fast food joints and street vendors, uninteresting minigames like tennis instead of cool things like pool and bowling, no working indicators on cars, braindead AI, wanted levels for standing around...

• Like 6