1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Fear List

GRANDHEIST

billiejoearmstrong8
15 hours ago, FanEu7 said:

Problem is the Twitter mob is never satisfied, GTA V already got some hate for not being woke enough and back then Twitter was not as popular as it is now and cancel culture was not that big of an issue.

You are right that GTA doesn't promote sexism, racism or any sort of bigotry but that's not enough now, people will be butthurt no matter what. So its understandable to be worried about GTA going PC/sanitized

This is a double edged sword though. Cancel culture is a bigger thing, but so is the overly defensive reaction to it. In 2006 Bully had a protagonist who would kiss boys as well as girls. In 2009 they had a game titled "The Ballad of Gay Tony" with the protagonist working for a gay boss and hanging out in a gay club. In 2013 GTA V had a protagonist who isn't straight and players could get lapdances from a transgender stripper. None of these things were a big deal. The difference is back then there weren't as many people listing "lgbt characters and wokeness" as their main fear for the game.

Nowadays no doubt if any similar things are included GTA VI a bunch of people will cry about GTA being PC and bowing down to SJWs. When in fact those things will be included because Rockstar have been progressive for a long time and their games reflect society. As always the next game will include some things like that and also things some might find controversial or offensive  (violence, drugs, sexual content, depictions of racism etc). But for the most part SJWs/twitter mobs don't take a huge interest in video games, there could be some comments and controversy but it's not something big on their radar. The GTA fanbase on the other hand is going to be hyperfocused on it and hypersensitive to any perceived "wokeness".....I bet I know which group is going to be acting the most butthurt. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
11 minutes ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

This is a double edged sword though. Cancel culture is a bigger thing, but so is the overly defensive reaction to it. In 2006 Bully had a protagonist who would kiss boys as well as girls. In 2009 they had a game titled "The Ballad of Gay Tony" with the protagonist working for a gay boss and hanging out in a gay club. In 2013 GTA V had a protagonist who isn't straight and players could get lapdances from a transgender stripper. None of these things were a big deal. The difference is back then there weren't as many people listing "lgbt characters and wokeness" as their main fear for the game and thinking straight white men are an oppressed group.

Nowadays no doubt if any similar things are included GTA VI a bunch of people will cry about GTA being PC and bowing down to SJWs. When in fact those things will be included because Rockstar have been progressive for a long time and their games reflect society. As always the next game will include some things like that and also things some might find controversial or offensive (eg violence, drugs, sexual content, depictions of racism etc). But for the most part SJWs/twitter mobs don't take a huge interest in video games, there could be some comments and controversy but it's not something big on their radar. The GTA fanbase on the other hand is going to be hyperfocused on it and hypersensitive to any perceived "wokeness".....I bet I know which group is going to be acting the most butthurt. 

Yet lots of people bitched about GTA IV and V being sexist and bigoted (a stupid buzzfeed article about GTA V was posted on the last page, its one of many). So clearly Rockstar is not "progressive" enough for some folks.  The reaction to "woke" stuff can be really stupid (like for The last of us 2) but the Twitter mob is pretty bad too. I mean a girl was cancelled on Twitter just for using afro hairstyle in Animal Crossing (apparently that's racist). 

Overall both sides are extreme and sensitive imho

Edited by FanEu7
billiejoearmstrong8
13 minutes ago, FanEu7 said:

Yet lots of people bitched about GTA IV and V being sexist and bigoted (a stupid buzzfeed article about GTA V was posted on the last page, its one of many). So clearly Rockstar is not "progressive" enough for some folks.  The reaction to "woke" stuff can be really stupid (like for The last of us 2) but the Twitter mob is pretty bad too. I mean a girl was cancelled on Twitter just for using afro hairstyle in Animal Crossing (apparently that's racist). 

Oh yeah there'll be some dumb reactions from both "sides" no doubt, there's always people who misinterpret things and get needlessly offended. But it's just fear of Rockstar changing things drastically that seems unwarranted to me, I think it's more likely they'll continue to do their thing and some people will misinterpret stuff as trying to be "woke" when it's really just natural progession than that they'll really change that much. They barely listen to what their fanbase wants so I doubt they'll start customising their games to please some groups on social media who won't even be playing them. Conservatives and family groups etc used to go after GTA waaaaay harder than liberals on twitter and that didn't make them change things. 

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • 4 months later...
Eminem Jeff

- no DLCs for SP

- forcing to play MP mode by making a short SP story line.

NoHabloIngles

1 city with a few small towns and a map no larger than V

• Like 2
Thomas Cavendish
2 hours ago, Eminem Jeff said:

- no DLCs for SP

I've got a feeling that your fears are likely to become real.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:49 AM, vcfan1991 said:

If R* had a backbone they'd buck the system and create a Manhunt-style game where you play the bad guy and exclusively murder men, women and children. But of course they won't because they're mainstream people-pleasers now. 

Someone did that already

The Tracker
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Zapper said:

Someone did that already

Ah, the best stress-reliever in the market.

2 hours ago, Eminem Jeff said:

- no DLCs for SP

Someone has been in a coma at least before 2013.

Edited by The Tracker
  • KEKW 1
GRINCH ASS BITCH

I'm assuming this had already been posted but I'll be disappointed if VI uses V's mediocre physics again. I'd prefer if Rockstar used something similar to IV's physics as a foundation to build on and if RDR2 is any indication of things to come, this might be the case.

Jokeman123
8 hours ago, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

I'm assuming this had already been posted but I'll be disappointed if VI uses V's mediocre physics again. I'd prefer if Rockstar used something similar to IV's physics as a foundation to build on and if RDR2 is any indication of things to come, this might be the case.

RDR2's physics weren't even that bad

DownInThePMs
Posted (edited)

my fears are

-no disabled transgender female protagonist

-no microtransactions

-no games-as-a-service-model with progressive paid unlockable map areas

- no online multiplayer with a 30 minute long singleplayer storyline

Edited by DownInThePMs
  • KEKW 3
GRINCH ASS BITCH
7 hours ago, Jokeman123 said:

RDR2's physics weren't even that bad

I meant that RDR2's physics were good 😎

2 hours ago, GRINCH ASS BITCH said:

I meant that RDR2's physics were good 😎

Yeah, physics in RDRII are great for a PS4 game but for next GTA we need something that will blow our minds like GTA IV did back in 2008 so here is my fear, physics and damage system not improved or improved only a little compared to RDRII.

VCPR Official
3 hours ago, DownInThePMs said:

my fears are

-no disabled transgender female protagonist

-no microtransactions

-no games-as-a-service-model with progressive paid unlockable map areas

- no online multiplayer with a 30 minute long singleplayer storyline

317.png

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Yeah, physics in RDRII are great for a PS4 game but for next GTA we need something that will blow our minds like GTA IV did back in 2008 so here is my fear, physics and damage system not improved or improved only a little compared to RDRII.

The level of Euphoria in rdr2 feels too heavy (in game experience ) just like max payne 3 it's not that bad but i'm pretty sure R* will balance it perfectly in gta 6 

Edited by DeltaV20
DownInThePMs
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, VCPR Official said:

317.png

Lol

Edited by DownInThePMs
The Tracker
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

The level of Euphoria in rdr2 feels too heavy (in game experience ) just like max payne 3 it's not that bad but i'm pretty sure R* will balance it perfectly in gta 6 

Yeah, I think it's the right moment for Rockstar to find the perfect balance, GTA IV and RDR1 were pretty advanced for their time, but the euphoria was way too light, everything behaved like an instant ragdoll, GTA V tried to fix this, making it heavier, but instead of balancing it, they downgraded everything else that made it impressive (Reaction variety, animations, AI, etc), RDR2 brought those elements back, but maintained the heaviness of V.

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 2
Collibosher
30 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Improvements can be subjective. I find RDR2's "heavy" character physics good for the game, considering how "cinematic" the game looks, feels and plays, but since I wish gta 6 to be less cinematic with more sandbox game emphasis, I would actually prefer RDRO's physics more, they're probably my favorite out of any game I've ever played. I like it's balance between fluid realistic looking animations and responsive controls.

Damage on npcs has room for improvements for sure. Npc gore is supposed to be traditional GTA stuff.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, DeltaV20 said:

That's not what I meant actually. I was thinking about something like this for example.

Look at all that water around, I don't want things like this to be only 10 or so seconds long animation, it's time for a next step. Regarding damage system I'm thinking about situation where next GTA doesn't allow us to destroy way more objects.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

That's not what I meant. I was thinking about something like this for example.

Look all that water around, I don't want things like this to be only 10 or so seconds long animation, it's time for a next step.

Yea i want GTA6 to be arcadey too but at the same time realistic too 

DownInThePMs
On 5/5/2021 at 11:52 PM, Zapper said:

Someone did that already

this game was cringey as f*ck

• Like 2
GRINCH ASS BITCH
37 minutes ago, DownInThePMs said:

this game was cringey as f*ck

And it wasn't all that controversial (in my opinion), just dumb and boring.

• 4 weeks later...
Adrenalist

Those lamenting the staffing changes don’t get a solid wake up call that their worries were unfounded

CynicalMexican
Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2020 at 5:31 AM, FanEu7 said:

Ugh this is so true unfortunately. I've kind of noticed that white feminists from North America/Europe/Australia in particular are a very toxic bunch, and even criticizing them will bring a mob onto you. Meanwhile poor women in Latin America are still getting f*cked over but they really don't care much about helping. Said group would rather complain about GTA or other trivial manners instead of things like providing essential supplies to mothers in Latin America and so on. Sorry if this is going too deep into the politics, just frustration. 

Anyhoo...

- A female protagonist that is poorly done. Rockstar have done strong female characters before. Strong female leads have been done before in the past without pushing a cringe message. Just please, give the character depth, and make them awesome.

- Poorly done female characters in general. How the f*ck did we go from Catalina and Asuka to Amanda and Molly? 

- Useless paramedics and weak NPCs. 

- Too many guns. It's f*cking bloatware. Keep it like GTA 4 - basic yet varied.

- Useless swathes of the map/too much countryside or another stupid ass ocean floor. 

- A dead ass environment. They did a great job in RDR2 but I want the NPCs to act (and react) far more dynamically than in V.

- nothing to do after the story

- Police AI that's too damn trigger happy

- You don't get to cap a drug lord. Elizabeta and Madrazo were so unbearable, would've been nice if there were missions where you just killed all their minions and take them out completely.

- Old characters are brought back only for the sake of nostalgia (unless it's a passing reference) 

Edited by CynicalMexican

Hmmm. 

• Delayed PC Version
  • Another stupid joke story that affects the game as a whole (incl. gameplay)
  • No Vice City, which means, no neons, no beautiful sunsets, no chance for synthwave/outrun/80s styled game.
  • Like 1
GTA3Rockstar
21 hours ago, BlackScout said:

Hmmm. 

• Delayed PC Version

Well that's a given, so no need to be fearful of it lol

A modern day setting

A large but undetailed map

Multiple protagonists

Too much focus on online

Too linear missions

• Like 2
Racecarlock

A focus on immersion that slows the whole game down. So, you know, you want to street race, BUT WAIT, you car needs to be filled up! Ok, so you get your car filled up and now you can, wait, no, now the protagonist is hungry. Ok, so you feed your protagonist and- nope, now it's time to pay your taxes. So then you spend an hour paying your taxes, but now finally you can street race! Nope, hold on, street racing is only available during certain hours of the day, and wouldn't you know it, you were paying your taxes for the entire allotment of time that was available to go street racing. And now you have to clean the house because the protagonist gets demoralized and has less maximum stamina when the house is dirty. Well, at least you know what the tank cheat is so you can rampage and- wait, no, your protagonist doesn't know how to drive a tank, first you have to spend a few hours having him read a manual to drive it and- disc gets ejected and I fire up Just Cause 4 instead.

• Like 1