4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Fear List

GRANDHEIST

On 12/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, Nzoth said:

care to explain why online is bad?

It's a poorly designed mess built on top of a bad foundation where new poorly made content is constantly being released while old poorly made content is never fixed or improved (which is also the case for most live service games). There's over 2000 pages worth of complains written here:

Just play FiveM like a normal person, or GTA IV Multiplayer, or any other game instead of giving them money for doing a sh*t job.

Edited by B Dawg

17 hours ago, Nzoth said:

You somehow got this idea that GTA is this kind of idk edgy satire movie type that "mocks" stereotypes or whatever the f*ck, I just don't feel that,

Let me guess, GTA Online is the first and only GTA game you have played in your life right? Because anyone who has played any singleplayer GTA before will agree that this one of biggest marks of the GTA series.

17 hours ago, Nzoth said:

In your last comment you talked about a "well made game, a BALANCED game", give me an example ? what game do you consider to be balanced? Animal Crossing? Minecraft? Pac-man?

a game in which I won't have thousands of GTA$ blown to smitheerens without chance of defending yourself

• Like 1

I fear mostly that there will be no singleplayer after success of GTAO.

Edited by Szewczenko
typo
  • Like 1
  • Bruh 1

On 11/23/2020 at 9:24 AM, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Dimitri's an example where it just didn't come up as part of his character and I think that was something more interesting they were doing with Gerald, it was more about addressing the elephant in the room (literally every other racial group in the game getting called slurs, including the Irish, and therefore including that one as well in the interest of realism), and putting him in a moral grey area than showing his language/attitude as a good thing. But Bulgarin, Timur, Billy Grey, Rocco, Vince, Armando, Henrique, Mori (and probably others but those come to mind) are all shown to be bad and/or dumb for having bigoted views. Whereas they make specific points that, for example, Luis is totally accepting of his gay boss, The Angels of Death are evil white supremecists while The Lost are multiracial, and Niko is open minded enough to accept Bernie despite being from a less than tolerant place. And the same thing continues in V. Trevor's main redeeming feature is hating racists and sexists, and his not being straight is never treated as an issue, Jimmy is shown to have matured by stopping saying the n word and using gay as an insult, Madrazo is a piece of sh*t for treating his wife poorly etc.

It just seems to be a common fear that GTA will have to become more politically correct because of SJWs or feminists or whatever. But I think it already isn't particularly at odds with them.

Edit: Just thinking of this again now and in fact Dimitri does shows some bigotry towards Balkan people. As we see from several of the Russian characters in the game (as well as others) he refers to Niko being Balkan/Serbian in a derogatory way and implies it makes him lower class. Actually facing that derogatory attitude towards his ethnic background as well as just for being an immigrant in general is something that comes up for Niko almost constantly throughout the game.

Niko also calls Bernie a homophobic slur at one point and calls Italians guidos. Luis also calls Rocco a guido at the beginning of the game. Plus Yusuf saying the n word a lot. Honestly kind of astonished that GTA of all franchises still somehow attracts this type of argument that GTA is ackshully super duper woke (????????) Not that I'm saying it promotes racist behavior irl, of course not. 

That being said I highly doubt Rockstar will sanitize GTA 6 because that's a guaranteed self-torpedo (Then again, they've been torpedoing themselves a lot for the last several years) At most, they'll probably try to pander a little bit more to a certain crowd in a more obnoxious manner like with certain parts of RDR2, but that's about it. My actual fears about GTA 6 are pretty much everything negative that encapsulates modern Rockstar, including their Online practices, lack of singleplayer dedication yadda yadda yadda.

Edited by Veliumus

billiejoearmstrong8
4 hours ago, Veliumus said:

Niko also calls Bernie a homophobic slur at one point and calls Italians guidos. Luis also calls Rocco a guido at the beginning of the game. Plus Yusuf saying the n word a lot. Honestly kind of astonished that GTA of all franchises still somehow attracts this type of argument that GTA is ackshully super duper woke (????????) Not that I'm saying it promotes racist behavior irl, of course not. 

That being said I highly doubt Rockstar will sanitize GTA 6 because that's a guaranteed self-torpedo (Then again, they've been torpedoing themselves a lot for the last several years) At most, they'll probably try to pander a little bit more to a certain crowd in a more obnoxious manner like with certain parts of RDR2, but that's about it. My actual fears about GTA 6 are pretty much everything negative that encapsulates modern Rockstar, including their Online practices, lack of singleplayer dedication yadda yadda yadda.

They're not shown to be bigoted characters overall though. Niko comes to accept Bernie after the initial surprise, that's a one off for Luis when talking to someone who's threatening his boss who also calls him racial slurs back, and Yusuf is just clueless that he's being offensive. The general thing is good characters are not bigoted and bad characters are. GTA isn't "super duper woke" but it's not really at odds with "sjw" or whatever you want to call it views, or it isn't in my opinion at least. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

They're not shown to be bigoted characters overall though. Niko comes to accept Bernie after the initial surprise, that's a one off for Luis when talking to someone who's threatening his boss who also calls him racial slurs back, and Yusuf is just clueless that he's being offensive. The general thing is good characters are not bigoted and bad characters are. GTA isn't "super duper woke" but it's not really at odds with "sjw" or whatever you want to call it views, or it isn't in my opinion at least. 

I can list many other instances throughout the series where bigoted characters end up being supporting characters, but you already seem deadset on convincing yourself otherwise. So before this turns into a sh*tflinging contest, have a nice one and a happy New Year

billiejoearmstrong8
3 hours ago, Veliumus said:

I can list many other instances throughout the series where bigoted characters end up being supporting characters, but you already seem deadset on convincing yourself otherwise. So before this turns into a sh*tflinging contest, have a nice one and a happy New Year

If characters like that have those characteristics they aren't presented as a good thing though. They'll be there in the interests of realism or to illustrate that they're morally grey or not perfect. When you have a character that is really hateful and ignorant you can bet it's an enemy. And they very often specifically include and show the characteristic of being open minded/non bigoted when it's a protagonist or to make a character likeable. It's not quite as simple as non bigoted good and bigoted bad, since these games are about criminals/bad people and the reality of those worlds, but I think it holds up as a general rule.

No sh*tflinging will happen! Happy new year to you too

• Like 3

22 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

If characters like that have those characteristics they aren't presented as a good thing though. They'll be there in the interests of realism or to illustrate that they're morally grey or not perfect. When you have a character that is really hateful and ignorant you can bet it's an enemy. And they very often specifically include and show the characteristic of being open minded/non bigoted when it's a protagonist or to make a character likeable. It's not quite as simple as non bigoted good and bigoted bad, since these games are about criminals/bad people and the reality of those worlds, but I think it holds up as a general rule.

No sh*tflinging will happen! Happy new year to you too

This. ūüôāūüĎć

sabitsuki

Ubisoft/Marvel tier jokes and quips every 5 seconds.

Online seems to be doing them a lot now.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
The Time Ranger

Poor physics like in V, lack of ragdoll and vehicle collision physics, weapons don't feel as satisfying if the target doesn't react in a dynamic way. I think IV had the best physics, if that was taken as a benchmark and improved upon that would be cool. 

A poor melee system. Bring back a more fleshed out melee system, San Andreas had different combat styles, in VCS you could throw people and snap necks, IV had that special dodge and triple strike if you timed it well and a meatier feel to combat. I don't think people expect Tekken within their Gta but I don't get why they're going backwards. V's melee was poor, it was limiting and enemies went down too easy, it's not just a Gta  problem either, i'm not particularly fond of the melee in RDR and RDR2 either.

Missions that are too linear, not given enough leeway to be creative, being railroaded and if you deviate a mission failed screen, noticed this trend creeping into R* titles, while RDR2 is a great title I wasn't too fond of it's mission structure generally.

Lack of cheats, San Andreas had the best and funniest cheats, I spent hours flying around in a Glendale blasting Radio X and arming peds with rocket launchers and turning chaos mode on, embrace the chaos, cheats are just that cheats, let us have fun. In V there was an invincibility cheat but it's on a timer, like why?  

I don't mean to be overly critical of V, i'm not bashing it just for the sake of it. I still had good fun with it but I just have quite a few grievances with it.

• Like 3

Spider-Vice
8 hours ago, GRANDHEIST said:

TJxo0lm.gif

Nah, that's Everywhere, not GTA. :fartkek:

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Kris194
Posted (edited)

Rockstar focusing more on number of vehicles rather than quality of them.

Edited by Kris194

thebaddude12

I was playing GTA 5 and fill something really frustrating the tryhard cops you cant fight them becuase they kill you quick trevor godmode helps a bit but when run over the ability they kill you in a few seconds becuase you have low health in GTA 5 my fear in GTA VI its the tryhard cops

GTA Plus Enjoyer
10 minutes ago, thebaddude12 said:

I was playing GTA 5 and fill something really frustrating the tryhard cops you cant fight them becuase they kill you quick trevor godmode helps a bit but when run over the ability they kill you in a few seconds becuase you have low health in GTA 5 my fear in GTA VI its the tryhard cops

Low health.. I always thought the problem was that cops in GTA V had aimbot, like someone literally turned their accuracy setting to 500%.

C4R3ON
Posted (edited)

Rockstar being more careful not to trigger left side.

Focusing on micro transactions/NFT and all that bullsh*t.

Missing humor from previous titles(SA,IV)

Adding female character would be a mistake,that cant work in GTA franchise.

Edited by C4R3ON

Evil empire

I wouldn't be surprised GTA VI contains the same plethora of glitches as GTA the Defective Edition.

I wouldn't be surprised the game forces the player to pay a plethora of microtransactions to get a more or less superficial and sh*tty content.

Edited by Evil empire

SM Grunge

Your character having realistic, low health (getting killed by 2-3 gunshots)

Your car running out of gas every ~20 minutes

Being able to only carry a pistol and very limited ammo

Getting wanted levels by speeding or not following traffic rules

Edited by SM Grunge
  • Like 2

motomami

- No female protagonist

- More low brow humor and lazy satire

- Futuristic/unrealistic weapons and vehicles

- More boring missions that are just go from one end of the map to the other, shoot a couple bad guys, collect something and bring it back.

- Lack of interiors

- For Online, lack of in depth character customization (like give us fully customizable body shapes, layered clothing, facial piercings, rings, cuter and longer hairstyles!)

- Still no ability to sell/discard weapons, properties, clothes you no longer want.

- No anti-cheat + dedicated servers, and horrible loading times. (Please Rockstar no more endless black screens and getting stuck in the clouds for the love of god!)

- Lots of bugs and glitches they never fix!

• Like 1

bashovski

Missing "69" runway numbers on airports. I've said my piece.

TrueGamer

My Fears

- NFTs 

- Microtransactions in Single Player (Self Explanatory)

- The gore is heavily toned down (They should have the gore similar to The Last of Us 2 rather than something like in GTA 5 where the bullet wounds looks unrealistic and the blood pools look like ketchup)

- No Weapon Customisation (No Weapon Skins, No Weapons Attachments etc)

- Awful Single Player 

- No Dedicated Servers (It should be a sin for a developer not to implement them in games at all)

- Gunplay like in RDR2 where it has a 1 Second Cool Down Time when shooting

- The Protagonist is similar to the ones in the new Saints Row reboot 

- Repetitive Gameplay 

- Limited Weapons

- Too Many Heists in the Single Player ( I do like Heists in GTA but when there is too many it starts to get repetitive unless they make it feel different than the others)

Edited by TrueGamer
Forgot to type in should on the gore is heavily toned down entry
  • Like 1

Superdays

Gta 5 driving physics 

dont want 4s as well

Paper Mario
8 hours ago, Superdays said:

Gta 5 driving physics 

dont want 4s as well

I take 4s over 5s any day of the week

• Like 4

Superdays
7 hours ago, Paper Mario said:

I take 4s over 5s any day of the week

Rather have something inbetween

but leaning towards gta 4s

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
GRANDHEIST

Lack of vision, cobbled together

Fix-it-later live service

DarkDayz

Having a small team of developers work on mini-games.

Can't speak for everyone obviously but mini-games are overrated to me. Has anyone here ever genuinely sat there and played tennis in GTA V for a prolonged period of time? They must have had a small team working on that for years, for what?

I'd prefer more of a Vice City approach, less minigames and more side business. Buying property and operating it, cab companies, sunshine autos. Things that actually involve going out and engaging in the open world for a purpose that contributes to the bigger picture.

It was the same in RDR2, they had plenty of mini-games, but did you actually play them much? I didn't. But did I go out and learn about what animals were situated where and how to best kill them to improve the camp circumstances and get better satchels? Yes, all about the purpose. I used to love in Vice City having to learn what cars looked like and what economical areas of the city they were situated in to take them back to Sunshine Auto's.

This kind of gameplay is gold and I'd prefer much more of that than focussing on mini-games that I don't believe add more value than the initial novelty of being able to do it.

The new game might feature drugs - it seems like. We'll need dealers on the street. Give us freedom to go and explore the small communities of the city and find people who can do it, and don't tell us how to do it either. Just let us figure it out. Would be cool.

Edited by DarkDayz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DarkDayz said:

Having a small team of developers work on mini-games.

Can't speak for everyone obviously but mini-games are overrated to me. Has anyone here ever genuinely sat there and played tennis in GTA V for a prolonged period of time? They must have had a small team working on that for years, for what?

I'd prefer more of a Vice City approach, less minigames and more side business. Buying property and operating it, cab companies, sunshine autos. Things that actually involve going out and engaging in the open world for a purpose that contributes to the bigger picture.

It was the same in RDR2, they had plenty of mini-games, but did you actually play them much? I didn't. But did I go out and learn about what animals were situated where and how to best kill them to improve the camp circumstances and get better satchels? Yes, all about the purpose. I used to love in Vice City having to learn what cars looked like and what economical areas of the city they were situated in to take them back to Sunshine Auto's.

This kind of gameplay is gold and I'd prefer much more of that than focussing on mini-games that I don't believe add more value than the initial novelty of being able to do it.

The new game might feature drugs - it seems like. We'll need dealers on the street. Give us freedom to go and explore the small communities of the city and find people who can do it, and don't tell us how to do it either. Just let us figure it out. Would be cool.

I always take gangster related jobs, over mini game.

Anybody remember drug wars, gang wars from EFLC . Its so absurdly easy and yet so effective. There was nothing like this in GTA V, yeah Trevor has side missions, but it was dumb and heavily toned down without any significant payouts.

• Like 1

Guess Who Plays GTA

A weak soundtrack. I'd like a balance of untz music, caribbean/reggaeton vibes, and other solid selections. Maybe a throwback station too 

• Like 1

Exsanguination
On 7/9/2022 at 2:29 PM, The Time Ranger said:

Poor physics like in V, lack of ragdoll and vehicle collision physics, weapons don't feel as satisfying if the target doesn't react in a dynamic way. I think IV had the best physics, if that was taken as a benchmark and improved upon that would be cool. 

A poor melee system. Bring back a more fleshed out melee system, San Andreas had different combat styles, in VCS you could throw people and snap necks, IV had that special dodge and triple strike if you timed it well and a meatier feel to combat. I don't think people expect Tekken within their Gta but I don't get why they're going backwards. V's melee was poor, it was limiting and enemies went down too easy, it's not just a Gta  problem either, i'm not particularly fond of the melee in RDR and RDR2 either.

Missions that are too linear, not given enough leeway to be creative, being railroaded and if you deviate a mission failed screen, noticed this trend creeping into R* titles, while RDR2 is a great title I wasn't too fond of it's mission structure generally.

Lack of cheats, San Andreas had the best and funniest cheats, I spent hours flying around in a Glendale blasting Radio X and arming peds with rocket launchers and turning chaos mode on, embrace the chaos, cheats are just that cheats, let us have fun. In V there was an invincibility cheat but it's on a timer, like why?  

I don't mean to be overly critical of V, i'm not bashing it just for the sake of it. I still had good fun with it but I just have quite a few grievances with it.

Yes! I totally agree about the cheats, I too did similar in San Andreas, I used to turn the sandstorm weather cheat on as well to make it even more apocalyptic like and then try to do taxi missions lol 

• Like 1