4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[SA] AI Enhanced Textures for GTA San Andreas

Inverno Nuclear

Inverno Nuclear

This mod has all the original game textures upscaled 4x with artificial intelligence.

AI Upscale:
BfuPsMM.jpg1dqc2iR.jpgI7Zzwpp.jpgtPuVFJL.jpg

pupciJW.jpgDetQwwl.jpgW6MUqVG.jpgFXERJM5.jpg70BuTQi.jpgQCAEjCS.jpg

qfNMhUi.jpgAs8F1zk.jpgcbzq6IZ.jpgTna3d1F.jpgmBc9MfJ.jpg

Download:  Moddb

If you want HD interface (fonts, load screens, icons etc) you may use: this mod

My mod has upscaled interface, but lacks quality because the source textures was way too low def to generate a good visual. The mod above is a alternative if my upscaleted interface bothers you (or you can juts don't install the .txd files from the 'models' folder).

Requirements:

(All of them can be found at MixMods)
Cleo
Asi Loader

Load Whole Map (a1 setting)

NoDEP
Largeaddress

OLA - Open Limit Adjuster

MixSets / StreamMemory = 1024 on .ini
Executable v1.0 [US] (14 383 616 bytes)

Special thanks to 'fastman92' for his ImgLimitAdjuster.asi, without it, this mod would not be possible

Edited by Inverno Nuclear
  • Like 17
  • YEE 1
Ash_735

Good Job for the most part but I don't understand why you lot always includes the menu, frontend, etc, stuff in the AI scaling when it does a terrible job and when there's already better versions available elsewhere? The scaled fonts here look bad, the particle effects, menu backgrounds, radio icons, etc, you can tell they've been scaled from the low res DXT compressed versions when again there's better versions available elsewhere. In future it really does make a difference to ONLY focus these efforts on the map textures and such instead, leave the UI and frontend stuff alone, it always looks terrible coming out of this.

• Like 5
Inverno Nuclear

No need to make such fuss about a thing that represents 1% of the mod.
Don't like the interface? don't install it, don't like the interior textures? don't install gta_int.img, it's all selective.
For me, the interface looks decent, the only thing that I din't like is the particle.txd
The objective of the mod is apply upscale in the original game textures, so don't make sense to me incluse a hd inteface on it.
If you want crispy 4K HD fonts, obiviusly you won't find it here, this is not the objective of the mod. Fonts looks nice to me, though.

wlTeSUX.jpg

(I know that this reply can appear to be kinda rude, but that's not my intention.)

Ash_735
1 hour ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

so don't make sense to me incluse a hd inteface on it.
If you want crispy 4K HD fonts, obiviusly you won't find it here, this is not the objective of the mod.

But that's the thing, you're scaling way higher with lower quality sources, your fonts are 2048x2048 for example when you can use the HD fonts from mobile which are 1024x1024 and look better, same goes for the menu backgrounds and such, there's better looking stuff at a lower res, it doesn't make sense to bloat the size for things which are worse off, same goes for scaling from compressed images when uncompressed versions are available and scale better. Mods like this can be great, almost certified a requirement to use on newer installations, if some extra care went into the texture choices, rather than a speed convert, I said the same thing in the VC AI Scaled Textures thread too so I'm not just having a go at you.

• Like 6

Those fonts definitely don't look "okay" (sorry), whatever you used for upscaling has a really hard time guessing how the borders of the font should look and gives it this wobbly kind of curve instead of a smooth one...

• Like 1
Inverno Nuclear

Don't like it? Don't use it.

Just use this instead https://www.mixmods.com.br/2018/05/atmosphere-interface-pack-interface-hd.html

You guys are making a fuss for nothing.
You can just don't install the .txd files from the 'models' folder, or just download the HD Interface pack above.
I won't will reupload this 6GB mod just to remove those interface textures or replace them with mobile ones.
The interface is optional, no one is obligued to use it.
How could a optional and so small thing destroy this mod or make it bad?
Le'ts just stop here.

And just to clarify, this mod is completed and won't will be touched never again.
I kinda know that someone will say that I should find the original high res textures of the game and upscale them, or rebuild the mod using all textures from other version (ps2, xbox, ps3, mobile etc) because they are higher quality (I don't know if exist a better quality textures on consoles, maybe the xbox classic version?). But I won't will create it, if you want so, do it yourself.

3 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

if some extra care went into the texture choices

If this mod is so bad, do it yourself a AI Upscale mod for the game, for sure your modification would please the high standard that the gtaforums users want in all mods published here.

To moderators, I want to say that If this mod does not comply the high gtaforums standards, just remove this topic then. I only shared here because I liked the result, and thought it was good, seems that I'm wrong. So if this topic is visual pollution on gtaforums, I have no problem in remove it.

Edited by Inverno Nuclear
  • Like 1
Ash_735
3 hours ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

I want to say that If this mod does not comply the high gtaforums standards, just remove this topic then. I only shared here because I liked the result, and thought it was good, seems that I'm wrong. So if this topic is visual pollution on gtaforums, I have no problem in remove it.

Don't get so defensive about it, the MAJORITY of the mod is good, the main thing people want are the map textures, AI scaling does a good job there, I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of bloat here that could be trimmed, especially in areas where the results ARE bad in areas like the frontend, UI, the video game stuff for SA which is meant to have a certain style which is crushed here because it's not meant to be AI'd, etc. The same happened with the Vice City mod where that guy just ran with the heavily DXT compressed textures and the results for most things BUT the map were bad.

• Like 1
Inverno Nuclear

You guys don't get the point that all aspects of this mod are optional.
You install what you want.

15 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of bloat here that could be trimmed

I don't see those files as a wast of disk space, to me they look good, I liked every aspect of this mod, and will use them all in my game.

I liked the upscaleted interface, even the fonts, and sure that other people can like it too.

You see it as bloat, but I don't, all those files will continue with the mod.

As I said, you can make your own better mod.
Or at least you can make a HD interface mod and share here, I will make sure to disclose it on the post.

I would appreciate if a moderator clean this comments section.
Absolutely no need to have so many comments about a optional aspect of the mod.
I wrote a warning about that in the post, that's enough.

Ash_735
8 minutes ago, Inverno Nuclear said:

As I said, you can make your own better mod.
Or at least you can make a HD interface mod and share here, I will make sure to disclose it on the post.

I have done a few things in the past, yes, so don't take that attitude with me 😛

• YEE 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can you explain to me how did you make those .img files? I'm trying with Spark and ImgTool but modloader won't read the .img files, they're less than 2 gb each

MiesThies

What program or tool did you use for upscaling? I tried something similar to GTA IV, using upscaled road textures to begin with. I made them with Gigapixel AI, but in game texture loading is very slow and the road texture doesn't seem to load at all, just blur. How to avoid this and is GTA:SA substantially different from IV regarding texture loading handling?

Sorry for my clumsy english

Ash_735
16 hours ago, MiesThies said:

is GTA:SA substantially different from IV regarding texture loading handling?

Yes, very much so. They're completely different engines.

• 1 month later...
Anamethatisnottaken

You definitely did a good job but most green signs and some textures are broken and the sign on the Fort Carson hospital is broken, if you can fix that it would be great. Oh yeah and license plates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

C'mon, this guy became upset and removed download link from ModDB... I really wanted to try these textures.. :bored:

Edited by Ahame