Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

The Coronavirus Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NileshKumar said:

Some bastard in New Zealand had the virus but went to a concert....

 

Well done idiot

 

Old news

Dude, are you trying to virus-shame this guy? Check your privilege!

😛 

 

Yeah, this virus is pretty crazy. Schools and universities have been closed down. All the St. Patrick's Parades, and concerts. Thankfully, I'm studying online. No need to go out. 

 

I can't believe over 1000 people have died in Italy alone. It was 618 yesterday. It's shocking. This virologist was on JRE the other day. He had some interesting things to say about it. And it doesn't look good. He said he conservatively estimates it will kill about 480,000 people world wide. Yikes. 

 

 

 

@ZelloThats was a bit weird all right. He's looking a bit worse for wear too. Like he aged 10 years. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tfw Italians are getting free pr0nHub Premium, cuz of corona.

 

Not all heroes wear capes.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
GrandTheftAutobot

Chemical Attack by either Russia or China? Something feels very off about this. I mean a flu which can inhabit a body and NOT show any symptoms yet still infect others? Yeh right. Engineered as f*ck.

 

Imagine how well either Russia or China will do with a f*cked up weaken American and EU Economies.

 

But yeh it came from what.....Bat soup? 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutobot said:

Chemical Attack by either Russia or China? Something feels very off about this. I mean a flu which can inhabit a body and NOT show any symptoms yet still infect others? Yeh right. Engineered as f*ck.

 

Imagine how well either Russia or China will do with a f*cked up weaken American and EU Economies.

 

But yeh it came from what.....Bat soup? 🙄

 

15 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutobot said:

 

What makes you think it ain't the US themselves? Why should it be Russia or China? 

 

Anyways if you want my opinion this is just a virus that has emerged naturally. Us humans love conspiracies and thinking that governments are this evil organizations(which they are) but the truth is, viruses like these appear all the time. I just wish the Chinese didn't eat anything they could get their hands on. That country has always been a major source of the spread of viruses. 

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we made it one and a half pages in before the tinfoil hat brigade turned up. I owe somebody £5.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
GrandTheftAutobot
26 minutes ago, Rhoda said:

Well, we made it one and a half pages in before the tinfoil hat brigade turned up. I owe somebody £5.

Thanks I'll spend it on more tinfoil hats. 🥳

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrandTheftAutobot said:

Chemical Attack by either Russia or China?

The virus family is very well known and established, and it's far less dangerous than either SARS or MERS (both of which are closely related) in terms of fatality rate, though it's much more virulent. It's not the first zoonotic virus that's crossed the barrier into humans and it sure as sh*t won't be the last. Maybe we should just stop eating bats, snakes and pangolin?

 

Also, it would be a biological weapon, not a chemical one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister Pink said:

Dude, are you trying to virus-shame this guy? Check your privilege!

😛 

 

Yeah, this virus is pretty crazy. Schools and universities have been closed down. All the St. Patrick's Parades, and concerts. Thankfully, I'm studying online. No need to go out. 

 

I can't believe over 1000 people have died in Italy alone. It was 618 yesterday. It's shocking. This virologist was on JRE the other day. He had some interesting things to say about it. And it doesn't look good. He said he conservatively estimates it will kill about 480,000 people world wide. Yikes. 

 

 

 

@ZelloThats was a bit weird all right. He's looking a bit worse for wear too. Like he aged 10 years. 

I just adore scientists. They say everything and nothing at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Payne said:

Love the way you view stuff.

 

About this virus or whatever. I heard this thing have no effect on children much, is that true?

Not technically when you use 'no' and 'much' together...

The recovery rate is faster in children making it less fatal for children

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kinda scary when you read about people in the upper echelons of society, form politicians to actors and sport players, are tested positive for the virus. One might think that they'd be the least vulnerable given that they mostly live in isolation on a daily basis. 

Edited by Jabalous
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutobot said:

Thanks I'll spend it on more tinfoil hats. 🥳

Why would I bet against conspiracy nutcases and still end up giving you the money?

 

I don't know where the numbers are being pulled from exactly (unless it's just an opinion from the chief scientific advisor) but they're saying cases in the UK could be between 5,000 and 10,000 which makes sense. We're basing all of this on confirmed cases. What's worse is there's a nasty cold going around as well, so people are on high alert already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
GrandTheftAutobot

This guy knows what he is talking about. Far more than those government propagandists. Been saying since January governments should been taking action.....but they didn't because they and the elites only care about themselves.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If everybody thought the same, the virus wouldn't have spread. Unfortunately, we're not this collective hive-mind so we can only control how we act, we can't control how others act. People are always going to do things you consider questionable and downright thick-as-pig-shit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutobot said:

This guy knows what he is talking about.

Says nobody with a brain about some random YouTuber

Link to post
Share on other sites
GrandTheftAutobot
Just now, sivispacem said:

Says nobody with a brain about some random YouTuber

if anyone doesn't have a brain it's someone who didn't research who the channel belonged to and their background.......

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sivispacem said:

Says nobody with a brain about some random YouTuber

Hate to agree with the dude seeing his previous posts. But that specific YouTuber has been pretty on the ball for weeks now, he also only reports on the figures and interprets scientific data - which he is qualified to do. It's not some conspiracy loon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You think Russia made this sh*tty virus? Hate to break it to you but they used to cook up way nastier bio weapons than this in their Biopreparat facilities even after they signed off at the BWC in 1972.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some news say there’s a higher(x14) chance for smokers to have the virus. You think its some bs?

Edit:

@Rhoda i think the news were sayin something similiar, harder for smokers to deal with it.

edit2:

@GrandTheftAutobot Turkey.

Edited by Payne
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutobot said:

if anyone doesn't have a brain it's someone who didn't research who the channel belonged to and their background.......

Then perhaps next time lead with their credentials and background rather than dribbling on about "government propagandists" and "elites" like you've just parachuted in from InfoWars?

Link to post
Share on other sites
GrandTheftAutobot
3 minutes ago, Mr. Scratch said:

You think Russia made this sh*tty virus? Hate to break it to you but they used to cook up way nastier bio weapons than this in their Biopreparat facilities even after they signed off at the BWC in 1972.

Oh yeh sure I know that. But I think the way things are going this is the long term is going to affect America the most. That stands to benefit Russia and China especially. But it's just a suggestion. A thought.

 

It's the whole not showing the symptoms of the virus for some all the while unknowingly affecting others that got me thinking.

Just now, sivispacem said:

Then perhaps next time lead with their credentials and background rather than dribbling on about "government propagandists" and "elites" like you've just parachuted in from InfoWars?

Or you can be bothered to check yourself?? You only have to look at his profile page?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Payne

Smokers probably don't have a higher chance of contracting it, but if you're a smoker your lungs are likely compromised so you'll be worse off as far as symptoms go and possible side-effects.

Link to post
Share on other sites
GrandTheftAutobot
1 minute ago, Payne said:

Some news say there’s a higher(x14) chance for smokers to have the virus. You think its some bs?

Well smokers will get it worst as the Virus attacked the respiratory system. 14 times seems a bit much. If you live or are close to the elderly I would try and cut back. Which country are you from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrandTheftAutobot said:

Oh yeh sure I know that. But I think the way things are going this is the long term is going to affect America the most. 

Largely due to the US response being so hilariously shocking. If the Trump administration hadn't made a complete dogs dinner of their handling of it then they wouldn't be looking down the barrel of an absolute catastrophe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Payne said:

Some news say there’s a higher(x14) chance for smokers to have the virus. You think its some bs?

 

This would apply to other respiratory infections too. Smokers' lungs are compromised so they're much more sensitive to respiratory conditions, including a (not just this one) coronavirus.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.