1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

John Marston's Hair

ThomasTrain777

GuiCORLEONEx794
2 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

Is the shop items ymt required for the original head model at perfect/average weight? I noticed without that, the hair models for John didn’t work. And what are the files in the ymt textures for? They look like they have something to do with Arthur coats.

The reason I ask is because I really prefer to be able to have John to have his original hair right from the start of the Epilogue, as shown in the mission replay images. So I’ve removed the shop items ymt, and I’m still using the multiple renamed copies of the Del Lobo hair so it replaces left parted lengths 2-7.

Still wondering how you managed to edit the ymt files. I’m assuming it’s a private early release version of Modifiver/Redifiver?

You don't need to remove shop items to have the del lobos hair replacing the early left parted hairstyles. Just do the same process as before. Ymt textures are the textures for the coats that i added in the ymt.

And yes, the heads are set in ymt files now, so it is required.

• Like 2

About year or so they stated that they are looking into it. And result is as you can see.

Cutter De Blanc
3 hours ago, Wolfman_ said:

Are they ever going to fix it? I think it's very improbable.

I don't think they consider it broken.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

So Rampage supports ymt files now as well. Only thing is, it only looks like it supports file streaming, whereas the shops .ymt goes into the "replace" folder when using LML. Not exactly sure how these two things function differently, other than with LML, things going into the "replace" folder need to follow the exact file structure, whereas files in the "stream" folder do not. Would using Rampage instead cause any issues?

EDIT: Can't even test it out myself since Rampage causes my game to crash when attempting to load another save. But if someone else can check if this mod functions with Rampage's streaming, that'd be great.

Also, I'd do it myself, but considering the mist that surrounds the whole ymt editing, would it be possible to include an alternate player_three.ymt that replaces Left Parted Lengths 2 - 7 with the Del Lobo hair, as well as all the regular chin, mustache, and sideburns lengths with their length 1 "model?" That way one, from the start of The Wheel, John has his original appearance as depicted in the mission replay photo. And two, so these replacements don't affect Arthur?

Edited by cp1dell

Regarding the weird disco pants that Rockstar implemented, I'm guessing this is why.

6c9ce47c3f.png

I've seen them do the same thing with online mode clothing. If a set of pants clips with certain boots/spurs, they'll update the pants model at some point and widen it out to make space and avoid the clipping.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jax765 said:

Regarding the weird disco pants that Rockstar implemented, I'm guessing this is why.

6c9ce47c3f.png

I've seen them do the same thing with online mode clothing. If a set of pants clips with certain boots/spurs, they'll update the pants model at some point and widen it out to make space and avoid the clipping.

But nobody use this spurs with John's pants, so R* just made it worse...

• Like 1

spoonman039
3 hours ago, KorsaTuS said:

But nobody use this spurs with John's pants, so R* just made it worse...

I wouldn't be sure about that.
what they should have done is using wide model for spurs that clips and OG model for everything else.

Yes, that is an issue, but not impossible to fix with proper dev tools. Don't coats change their shape with or without off hand holsters?

4 hours ago, kubon352 said:

Yes, that is an issue, but not impossible to fix with proper dev tools. Don't coats change their shape with or without off hand holsters?

They do. Really lazy of Rockstar's part.

@GuiCORLEONEx794 why did you disable replies on your Nexus Mods page, and now hide the mod?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kubon352 said:

Yes. But the devs probably looked at it logistically: Edit a ton of different spur models, or a single pants model? Obviously if you want actual quality, you do the former. But if you're under time constraints, you say "f*ck it" and just edit the pants model.

NikitaSF2
7 hours ago, xuru said:

Они делают. Действительно ленив со стороны Rockstar.

@ GuiCORLEONEx794 почему вы отключили ответы на странице модов Nexus, а теперь скрыли мод?

"DO NOT DM ME FOR THIS."

5 hours ago, NikitaSF2 said:

"DO NOT DM ME FOR THIS."

Well I'm not DMing him, just curious to why he would private the mod out of nowhere without any explanation.

Leaf_Links

Looks like they deleted their Twitter account as well. Sounds like a ragequit (criticism?!) to me versus a TTWO (before anyone screams blindly) action, given JediJosh's "Hot Coffee"-like mod may have gotten a wee tap in the back from TTWO (for very obvious reasons) but they're still around and their "hair restoration mod" is still up.

4 hours ago, Leaf_Links said:

Looks like they deleted their Twitter account as well. Sounds like a ragequit (criticism?!) to me versus a TTWO (before anyone screams blindly) action, given JediJosh's "Hot Coffee"-like mod may have gotten a wee tap in the back from TTWO (for very obvious reasons) but they're still around and their "hair restoration mod" is still up.

Thankfully, the mod is back up now, and apparently Gui has given up on it for some reason.
unknown.png

Really glad to see it hasn't been abandoned. 

• Like 1

GuiCORLEONEx794
On 6/4/2021 at 4:38 AM, xuru said:

They do. Really lazy of Rockstar's part.

@GuiCORLEONEx794 why did you disable replies on your Nexus Mods page, and now hide the mod?

20 hours ago, Leaf_Links said:

Disabled my twitter account for a while because i wanted to take a break from RDR2. 

Disabled the comment sections on my mod temporarily because people were asking the same questions repeatedly that were already answered in the comments section.

I didn't "give up" or "ragequit", i wanted to take a break, after releasing so many updates in such a short time period, adding many requests to the mod etc.

T2 had nothing to do with this since afaik, T2 doesn't even know this mod exists. 

I disabled my mod for a few hours and got my friends AfroBandit and Eki/Redemptify to help working on new updates and features while i'm on a break.

I got called a selfish person for taking a break from the mod, but remember that i dedicated a LOT of time for this mod, released a sh*t ton of updates in a very short period, and implementing a lot of people's requests and bug fixes. Now all i want is to have some time and take a break of RDR2 for a while. I didn't want to have the mod abandoned so i got some friends to take care of it for me for a while.

Leaf_Links
17 minutes ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

T2 doesn't even know this mod exists. 

It's on NexusMods, it's here, I'd bet some good good money they do.

Thanks for the clarification though.

It's amazing how much of a difference the darker moustache texture makes. Combined with the edit to the right-parted fade haircut, he looks a lot closer to RDR1 John now (was never a fan of the longer RDR2 hair).

1174180_20210605194942_1.png

1174180_20210605195155_1.png

1174180_20210605195622_1.png

1174180_20210605200016_1.png

1174180_20210605200546_1.png

KristianD3
6 minutes ago, Jax765 said:

It's amazing how much of a difference the darker moustache texture 

Amazing pictures! 1st is my favorite 

4 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

I disabled my mod for a few hours and got my friends AfroBandit and Eki/Redemptify to help working on new updates and features while i'm on a break.

I got called a selfish person for taking a break from the mod, but remember that i dedicated a LOT of time for this mod, released a sh*t ton of updates in a very short period, and implementing a lot of people's requests and bug fixes. Now all i want is to have some time and take a break of RDR2 for a while. I didn't want to have the mod abandoned so i got some friends to take care of it for me for a while.

You definitely deserve that break. Take as long as you need to!

10 hours ago, Jax765 said:

It's amazing how much of a difference the darker moustache texture makes. Combined with the edit to the right-parted fade haircut, he looks a lot closer to RDR1 John now (was never a fan of the longer RDR2 hair).

1174180_20210605195155_1.png

1174180_20210605195622_1.png

1174180_20210605200016_1.png

1174180_20210605200546_1.png

Awesome pics, but why is yours vest closed and you got huge gloves? 

3 hours ago, kubon352 said:

Awesome pics, but why is yours vest closed and you got huge gloves? 

Gloves are from the mod. They're still smaller than the vanilla model. And the vest is closed because I prefer that vanilla model.

GokuDosGames
22 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

Disabled my twitter account for a while because i wanted to take a break from RDR2. 

Disabled the comment sections on my mod temporarily because people were asking the same questions repeatedly that were already answered in the comments section.

I didn't "give up" or "ragequit", i wanted to take a break, after releasing so many updates in such a short time period, adding many requests to the mod etc.

T2 had nothing to do with this since afaik, T2 doesn't even know this mod exists. 

I'm pretty sure they know about the mod, they know a lot of the sh*t that happens here on GTAForums, not just that but the demand is high, I think they'll probably pull a strat like they did with the GTA Online Loading dude and pay you for your mod if they release the game again (which they probably do) or in a future update, that or they may just steal it cuz it's their models and engine and put it in the game cuz you can't complain about it since what you're doing is basically illegal....

GuiCORLEONEx794
1 hour ago, GokuDosGames said:

I'm pretty sure they know about the mod, they know a lot of the sh*t that happens here on GTAForums, not just that but the demand is high, I think they'll probably pull a strat like they did with the GTA Online Loading dude and pay you for your mod if they release the game again (which they probably do) or in a future update, that or they may just steal it cuz it's their models and engine and put it in the game cuz you can't complain about it since what you're doing is basically illegal....

Illegal since when? Didn't Rockstar say that they support modding as long as its not in online? Also, i'm not selling the mod so i am not getting revenue from their property.

GokuDosGames
1 hour ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

Illegal since when? Didn't Rockstar say that they support modding as long as its not in online? Also, i'm not selling the mod so i am not getting revenue from their property.

Just cuz Rockstar said they support modding doesn't mean TakeTwo does the same, just look at GTA 3 on Switch, or the RDR1 graphics mod, both dudes were pressed by TakeTwo to give up on it, they even sent... Personal detectives after them, you're basically modding their source code which could earn a sue from TakeTwo itself, just read the Terms and Conditions bro

GuiCORLEONEx794
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GokuDosGames said:

Just cuz Rockstar said they support modding doesn't mean TakeTwo does the same, just look at GTA 3 on Switch, or the RDR1 graphics mod, both dudes were pressed by TakeTwo to give up on it, they even sent... Personal detectives after them, you're basically modding their source code which could earn a sue from TakeTwo itself, just read the Terms and Conditions bro

GTA 3 on switch isn't a mod, it is an unauthorized port, i'm pretty sure RDR1 was the same thing, an unauthorized port made for pc.

Edited by GuiCORLEONEx794

Rockstar used icenhancer for some GTA IV clips in GTA V. This whole thing about this mod being illegal is nonsense. With the exception of the OpenIV situation, which they quickly backed down on, they've generally only gone after people trying to port maps between games. The RDR1 situation is relatively unique, as it had the appearance of being an attempt to port the game to PC, even though the technical side of it was centred around emulated versions of the game, which are still a grey area.

Anyway, more screenshots.

1174180_20210606212308_1.png

1174180_20210606212435_1.png

1174180_20210606212730_1.png

1174180_20210606213724_1.png

1174180_20210606214149_1.png

4 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

GTA 3 on switch isn't a mod, it is an unauthorized port, i'm pretty sure RDR1 was the same thing, an unauthorized port made for pc.

Question, what's the method used for editing textures at the moment? OpenIV doesn't currently allow you to import textures into ytds, so I'm curious how you edited the ytds in your mod. I'm looking to see if I can make John's facial hair texture a little darker to bring it more in line with his RDR1 look.

2 minutes ago, Jax765 said:

I'm looking to see if I can make John's facial hair texture a little darker to bring it more in line with his RDR1 look.

I would love to see that!