1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

John Marston's Hair

ThomasTrain777

GuiCORLEONEx794
2 hours ago, stag3coach2 said:

The frock coats look wider than in the npc Marston model.

I know.

Creepergeco

Are there multiple variants of satchels?

GuiCORLEONEx794
4 minutes ago, Creepergeco said:

Are there multiple variants of satchels?

only satchel straps

• Like 1

Darealbandicoot

Awesome tutorial on how to install The John Marston Restoration Mod by @GuiCORLEONEx794

• Like 5

GuiCORLEONEx794

I did it.

I restored John Marston's 1.00 gloves. No clipping.

unknown.png 

unknown.png 

unknown.png 

I told yall i was working on it. I just needed some time.

Posted (edited)

Do not worry. We have faith in you!

Btw, I noticed on 1.0 John pants some scurbs are clipping. Is this fixable too? Possible reason why these pants got transformed into 'disco' one.

Edited by kubon352

8 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

I did it.

unknown.png 

unknown.png 

unknown.png 

How did you manage to fix the clipping? 

1 hour ago, xuru said:

How did you manage to fix the clipping? 

Faith, my son.

F a i t h.

• Like 3

The readme for the mod is kind of bare, most info I’ve gathered is from this thread.

So the non-disco pants, and fixed vest (I’m assuming this is pulled from RDO) are included, but not recommend because there are clipping issues?

11 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

The readme for the mod is kind of bare, most info I’ve gathered is from this thread.

So the non-disco pants, and fixed vest (I’m assuming this is pulled from RDO) are included, but not recommend because there are clipping issues?

From my experience the non-disco pants barely cause any clipping, @kubon352 is the first to report that. But yes, the open vest does cause the arms to clip through the vest a little, makes part of the cassimere shirt invisible when using any other vests and makes it so you can't use any neckties with the cassimere shirt.

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screenshot_2021.04

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screenshot_2021.04

spoonman039
8 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

original pants work well, the only issue is that some spurs clips into them, (the one from nuevo paraiso outfit for example), but that's okay for me because I don't use them for John anyway.
on the other hand, open gunslinger vest, as well as open thompson vest work with specific variant of corresponding shirt, meaning you need to change cassimere/flannel shirt model as well. that brings problems for other types of outfits. this could work with a script, meaning open shirt will spawn only if we use certain shirt and no coat, otherwise it won't.
btw. vest exists in single player as well, it's just one of the hidden files in player model.

spoonman039
5 minutes ago, xuru said:

But yes, the open vest does cause the arms to clip through the vest a little, makes part of the cassimere shirt invisible when using any other vests and makes it so you can't use any neckties with the cassimere shirt.

we all wait for openiv support, but I'd really like to see a plugin for 3ds max too. with it, we'll be able to solve all of those issues by adding more model variations in the game

GuiCORLEONEx794
1 hour ago, cp1dell said:

I didn't have much time to update the readme. Even the mod description was only updated yesterday removing the "This is the first version". I end up busy answering a lot of people's questions, testing models and textures, studying for school and when i release updates i usually just change the number of the version on the readme and the title of the mod.

Update 2.0 however will have readme explaining how to install everything and where to find the proper assets ingame. 

• Like 3

NightmanCometh96
13 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

I did it.

unknown.png 

unknown.png 

unknown.png 

Spoiler

But in all seriousness, big ups to you, your work is incredible! I've been downloading each update as you release them and plan to use the mod once I get to John in my current playthrough!

• Like 3

Creepergeco

Is there a satchel strap that works well with the open gunslinger vest? The ones I tried worked on ps4, but they look a little big because they're meant for coats

• Like 1

GuiCORLEONEx794
Just now, kubon352 said:

@GuiCORLEONEx794 NPC bandana makes beige shirt revert back to white.

I know

I still didn't finish the beige shirt but people kept asking to release it so i released it earlier. Not planning to fix it anymore.

GuiCORLEONEx794
2 hours ago, cp1dell said:

The non disco pants is recommended sure, the clipping issues are very minor and unnoticeable. The open vest is also recommended for those who want an accurate version of John's classic look, but not recommended for those who want to use the cassimere with other vests.

The main focus of my mod is restore John's beta head and textures, everything else is optional, thats why put them in separate folders for each asset instead of dropping all of the files inside one folder, so that you chose what do you want to install or not.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

IIRC Nuevo Paraiso saddle is a bonus for Special or Ultimate edition, and is not available in standard version of the game. @GuiCORLEONEx794, you might wanna reconsider replacement of different one.

Edited by kubon352

GuiCORLEONEx794
2 hours ago, kubon352 said:

IIRC Nuevo Paraiso saddle is a bonus for Special or Ultimate edition, and is not available in standard version of the game. @GuiCORLEONEx794, you might wanna reconsider replacement of different one.

I am aware. You can still get the saddle in rampage or pimp my horse.

On 5/3/2021 at 1:31 PM, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

but not recommended for those who want to use the cassimere with other vests.

So am I understanding this correctly? If we are just using the default "Cowboy" outfit, the clipping issues aren't there/not noticeable? The clipping itself is the cassimere shirt (which has been modified to work with the open vest) when used with vests other than the vest used in "The Cowboy?"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

I am aware. You can still get the saddle in rampage or pimp my horse.

I know, but isn't this whole thing supposed to be lore friendly? I mean to wear/equip everything we need from in-game wardrobes and stables without further combinations.

GuiCORLEONEx794
10 hours ago, cp1dell said:

So am I understanding this correctly? If we are just using the default "Cowboy" outfit, the clipping issues aren't there/not noticeable? The clipping itself is the cassimere shirt (which has been modified to work with the open vest) when used with vests other than the vest used in "The Cowboy?"

Exactly. This cassimere has no problem with the open vest but if you use a different vest it has missing shoulders.

KristianD3
22 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

Version 2.0 of the John Marston Restoration Project is released.

Update includes John's 1.00 gloves and the npc chapter 1 saddle

Amazing work as always Gui. The last thing that I wish for are the rdr1/beta animations.

unknown.pngJohn Marston's Hair - Page 23 - Red Dead Redemption 2 - GTAForums

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kubon352 said:

I know it's not John related, but can Arthur's beard fitment be fixed? Is it even possible?

https://i.ibb.co/GnhNpr8/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Screenshot-2021-05-05-21-21-05-22.png

What's the issue?
Speaking about Arthur, I would also love seeing his chapter 1 closed coat replacing the open variant, but this definitely isn't the thread for this lmao

KristianD3
5 minutes ago, xuru said:

What's the issue?
Speaking about Arthur, I would also love seeing his chapter 1 closed coat replacing the open variant, but this definitely isn't the thread for this lmao

I already found the files for the coat but, I think it will have problems with the belt.

Just now, KristianD3 said:

I already found the files for the coat but, I think it will have problems with the belt.

Yeah, it uses a completely different gunbelt and knife sheath model. Also, it wouldn't be possible to use the off hand holster.
Maybe doing it would be impossible without making the gunbelt incompatible with all the other outfits.