4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

John Marston's Hair

ThomasTrain777

1 hour ago, Creepergeco said:

Is John's Npc/ beta gunbelt in the files?

Why do you ask?

9 hours ago, Creepergeco said:

And what belt do you mean?

Edited by KristianD3

Creepergeco
47 minutes ago, KristianD3 said:

And what belt do you mean?

This one?

qpID7wt.png

No, it looks almost the same as the one he usually wears, but the holster is attached differently. He wears it during the St Denis robbery and in pre release screen shots.

23 minutes ago, Creepergeco said:

No, it looks almost the same as the one he usually wears, but the holster is attached differently. He wears it during the St Denis robbery and in pre release screen shots.

Don't know which one you mean can you send a picture? 

Creepergeco
17 minutes ago, KristianD3 said:

Just now, Creepergeco said:

I'll try, that didn't seem to work

4 hours ago, KristianD3 said:

Pretty sure they're talking about this:
unknown.png

Epilogue gunbelt 

unknown.png

Bank robbery gunbelt

2 hours ago, xuru said:

Pretty sure they're talking about this:
unknown.png

Epilogue gunbelt 

unknown.png

Bank robbery gunbelt

Oh, this one. I was thinking of an other one so i can't answer your question, but probably yes

GuiCORLEONEx794
10 hours ago, Creepergeco said:

Obviously, yes it is in the files. Is there a name for it? No.

The npc gunbelt is inside a random merge YDD which means its not named as "gunbelt" or anything.

GuiCORLEONEx794

Also, can you stop sending the same messages asking for file names? The PC hashes and file names usually don't work on PS4, i have friends who tried it various times and didn't work.

• Like 3

Creepergeco
12 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

Also, can you stop sending the same messages asking for file names? The PC hashes and file names usually don't work on PS4, i have friends who tried it various times and didn't work.

Sorry, I didn't know. I'll stop bugging you

GuiCORLEONEx794
2 minutes ago, Creepergeco said:

Sorry, I didn't know. I'll stop bugging you

It's no problem.

• Like 1

@GuiCORLEONEx794 With your open vest model, I thought you had used the second variant of the gunslinger vest, like you did with the rancher pants. But it seems like you used a different one that was made to fit with John's beta torso. This causes his shoulders to look smaller, makes the satchel not fit properly and exaggerates the way his shirt clips through the vest.

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screenshot_2021.04

Variant 2

Your model

Also, on the topic of his beta torso. Do you think, once you're able to replace his average/perfect weight head, you'll be able to fully port his entire original body model, including the beta underweight and overweight head and torso models?

Oh yeah, and the new update, which makes it so his shirt doesn't close whenever using a bandana, screws with outfits that use a necktie.

Edited by xuru

GuiCORLEONEx794
1 hour ago, xuru said:

@GuiCORLEONEx794 With your open vest model, I thought you had used the second variant of the gunslinger vest, like you did with the rancher pants. But it seems like you used a different one that was made to fit with John's beta torso. This causes his shoulders to look smaller, makes the satchel not fit properly and exaggerates the way his shirt clips through the vest.

Variant 2

Your model

Also, on the topic of his beta torso. Do you think, once you're able to replace his average/perfect weight head, you'll be able to fully port his entire original body model, including the beta underweight and overweight head and torso models?

Oh yeah, and the new update, which makes it so his shirt doesn't close whenever using a bandana, screws with outfits that use a necktie.

You should read the bug reports before posting about this in a John Marston Hair topic. 
I explained why i didn't want to include the open vest but people asked me to add it anyway. Did you know there are other shirts that can be used for the vest? If its too glitchy for you, delete it.

Edited by GuiCORLEONEx794

1 hour ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

You should read the bug reports before posting about this in a John Marston Hair topic. 
I explained why i didn't want to include the open vest but people asked me to add it anyway. Did you know there are other shirts that can be used for the vest? If its too glitchy for you, delete it.

Well I'm sorry if I offended you, I'm just giving you some constructive criticism. I'm not talking about how part of the shirt is invisible, that is probably impossible to avoid right now and to be expected. I'm talking about how the tie doesn't fit with the shirt, which wasn't present before the newest update that makes it so the shirt doesn't close whenever using a neck accessory, which you released after the open vest update. And about the shirt clipping through some of the vest, like I said, there's literally a model already in the game's files that would fix most of it, the variant 2 of the vest.
Again, I'm just trying to help. You should know that I and pretty much everyone here in this thread are very thankful for all your work and we deeply appreciate your efforts in fixing John.

GuiCORLEONEx794
2 hours ago, xuru said:

Well I'm sorry if I offended you, I'm just giving you some constructive criticism. I'm not talking about how part of the shirt is invisible, that is probably impossible to avoid right now and to be expected. I'm talking about how the tie doesn't fit with the shirt, which wasn't present before the newest update that makes it so the shirt doesn't close whenever using a neck accessory, which you released after the open vest update. And about the shirt clipping through some of the vest, like I said, there's literally a model already in the game's files that would fix most of it, the variant 2 of the vest.
Again, I'm just trying to help. You should know that I and pretty much everyone here in this thread are very thankful for all your work and we deeply appreciate your efforts in fixing John.

I am the one who should say sorry. The problem is that i keep receiving repetitive complaints not only on the mod comments but on my DMs. I cannot use variation 2 of the vest because its on a merge file, both the open gunslinger vest and open thompson are in the same merge file so i can't add any of them or else i would f*ck a lot of the player components. I made so that the shirt won't close because if you equip the bandana with the open vest, the shirt will change variation and will clip a lot through the vest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

I am the one who should say sorry. The problem is that i keep receiving repetitive complaints not only on the mod comments but on my DMs. I cannot use variation 2 of the vest because its on a merge file, both the open gunslinger vest and open thompson are in the same merge file so i can't add any of them or else i would f*ck a lot of the player components. I made so that the shirt won't close because if you equip the bandana with the open vest, the shirt will change variation and will clip a lot through the vest.

It's alright, I understand how overwhelming it can be when there are dozens of people complaining about your work at the same time.

GokuDosGames

Btw its sarcasm ok? I know how programming is stressing and boring as hell some times, if I could help you I would but I play on a Xbox and my PC isn't that powerful, although I did convinced my friends on giving your mod a try and none of them complained, so yeah, i may kinda can help with spreading da word

@GuiCORLEONEx794 Loving the new elegant suit update. Do you know if this vest in the picture can be bought normally? I find it much more similar looking to the RDR elegant suit vest, but I've visited every tailor and general store in the map but the only way I was able to find it was through the outfit changer mod...

Would also be pretty nice seeing the bank heist coat and pants being added in a future update.

• Like 1

GuiCORLEONEx794
2 minutes ago, xuru said:

@GuiCORLEONEx794 Loving the new elegant suit update. Do you know if this vest in the picture can be bought normally? I find it much more similar looking to the RDR elegant suit vest, but I've visited every tailor and general store in the map but the only way I was able to find it was through the outfit changer mod...

Would also be pretty nice seeing the bank heist coat and pants being added in a future update.

The vest is part of one of the outfits you can buy at the tailor or at general stores. I don't remember which outfit was, but its there somewhere.

20 minutes ago, GuiCORLEONEx794 said:

The vest is part of one of the outfits you can buy at the tailor or at general stores. I don't remember which outfit was, but its there somewhere.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Hate how R* locked all these pieces of clothing behind preset outfits.

44 minutes ago, xuru said:

This vest is part of "THE BULLDOGGER" outfit.

60c3f37932d1fcade8cfc387bf16f9566c1c4be1

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/catalogue/products/8d6f58b2

Edited by KorsaTuS
  • Like 3

Western Gunslinger

PRDR3976356935_1.jpgPRDR31024936610_1.jpgPRDR31567432957_1.jpgPRDR3370982992_1.jpgPRDR31435209344_1.jpg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Western Gunslinger said:

PRDR3976356935_1.jpgPRDR31024936610_1.jpgPRDR31567432957_1.jpgPRDR3370982992_1.jpgPRDR31435209344_1.jpg

Seeing that white coat reminds me of gentleman's attire from rdr1

Western Gunslinger
4 minutes ago, KristianD3 said:

Seeing that white coat reminds me of gentleman's attire from rdr1

Gentleman Attire's coat is a bit longer, more like the classic frock coat

Also. I'm planning on releasing the white coat soon

01G6cDc.png

NBF2W8a.png

Edited by KristianD3
  • Like 3

Creepergeco

Is there a version of johns satchel that works with his open gunslinger vest? For me it clips on the front of the vest

stag3coach2

The frock coats look wider than in the npc Marston model.