Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

      1. Events
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

ThomasTrain777

John Marston's Hair!

Recommended Posts

The Wolf Man
2 hours ago, cp1dell said:

I don't know, the epilogue seemed just as well polished aside from the John hair thing, and useless insertion of New Austin--which was obviously never supposed to be there from the start.

 

I would have taken a finished, and complete Guarma that basically works as RDR2's version of Mexico/Mexico chapter over New Austin any day. It's nice to see it updated with the visuals of RDR2, but it's just a waste and huge tease for something RDR1 related that we'll never get.

Of course, but New Austin and John's hair is enough to make the Epilogue a bit of a letdown overall, for me at least. 

 

Also, the only new Stranger Mission is the one from Evelyn Miller, and for the others every interaction is exactly the same as Arthur's

 

And I can't forget to mention the bounty-hunter missions with Sadie. Pure filler. As much as I enjoyed playing them, they didn't progress the story. You don't even get money from them.

Edited by The Wolf Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holphino
8 hours ago, cp1dell said:

I don't know, the epilogue seemed just as well polished aside from the John hair thing, and useless insertion of New Austin--which was obviously never supposed to be there from the start.

 

I would have taken a finished, and complete Guarma that basically works as RDR2's version of Mexico/Mexico chapter over New Austin any day. It's nice to see it updated with the visuals of RDR2, but it's just a waste and huge tease for something RDR1 related that we'll never get.

This. I personally love that the Epilogue is there. I know there's quite of bit of disappointing aspects to it, but everything that's wrong with it(the things that bother me at least)can be fixed with mods. I recently heard Rob Wiethoff say when he was approached to come back to RDR2, he was adamantly told he wasn't going to be a playable character this time around. So there was a very real possibility there for a bit, where we wouldn't of been playing as John at all. I'm glad Rockstar changed their mind, I just wish they stuck with those pre-release screenshots of 1907 John. Then again though, we can restore that version of John with mods, so it's not so bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMarston

Anyway, I'll leave these videos here because they can't be wasted. John Marston talking with the gang members. Susan Grimshaw, Tilly Jackson, Micah Bell, Dutch Van der Linde, Sadie Adler, Karen Jones, Mary-beth Gaskill, Arthur Morgan, Charles Smith and Bill Williamson... Enjoy.

 

P.S. at 5:10 Rob shows his hair lmao

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cp1dell

  

2 minutes ago, Holphino said:

This. I personally love that the Epilogue is there. I know there's quite of bit of disappointing aspects to it, but everything that's wrong with it(the things that bother me at least)can be fixed with mods. I recently heard Rob Wiethoff say when he was approached to come back to RDR2, he was adamantly told he wasn't going to be a playable character this time around. So there was a very real possibility there for a bit, where we wouldn't of been playing as John at all. I'm glad Rockstar changed their mind, I just wish they stuck with those pre-release screenshots of 1907 John. Then again though, we can restore that version of John with mods, so it's not so bad. 

 

If that's true, I wonder who we would have played as after Chapter VI. The way I see it, Rockstar basically took what they did with RDR1's post-game and turned it into a full mission line.

Edited by cp1dell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holphino
2 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

  

 

If that's true, I wonder who we would have played as after Chapter VI. The way I see it, Rockstar basically took what they did with RDR1's post-game and turned it into a full mission line.

Well playable John's model name in the files is "player_three" while Arthur's name is "player_zero". Mysteriously, there's no "player_one" or "player_two" in the files, so i'm guessing John wasn't their first choice(or even second).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMarston
1 hour ago, Holphino said:

Well playable John's model name in the files is "player_three" while Arthur's name is "player_zero". Mysteriously, there's no "player_one" or "player_two" in the files, so i'm guessing John wasn't their first choice(or even second).

Somewhere I read something about play as Charles or Sadie...

Edited by JMarston
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanceKino
41 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

  

 

If that's true, I wonder who we would have played as after Chapter VI. The way I see it, Rockstar basically took what they did with RDR1's post-game and turned it into a full mission line.

I remember reading some "leaked" list of planned/changed contents in RDR2 somewhere which honestly was utter horsesh*t as it had some weird stuff in it that I won't mention but... it had one interesting thing I liked and thought would fit in the final game version, which was...

 

Epilogue being dependent on your honor. 
The "leak" claimed something like:

If you got the high honor ending you'd play as John but if you got low honor one instead you'd play as... Dutch.
Just thinking about it, that would be perfect for low honor players as it would make sense to kill and rob as Dutch unlike doing the same things as John. 
Playable Dutch would also make full use of camp mechanic and potentially companion mechanic (if that wasn't cut). I can imagine how badass would it be to walk around in town and antagonize everyone as Dutch...

 

While like I said earlier the "leak" was utter horsesh*t that I wouldn't believe under any circumstances, the playable Dutch part seemed as something reasonable to me, maybe it could be about Bill and Javier leaving Dutch or something but eh... that's a discussion for another thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMarston
1 hour ago, DanceKino said:

I remember reading some "leaked" list of planned/changed contents in RDR2 somewhere which honestly was utter horsesh*t as it had some weird stuff in it that I won't mention but... it had one interesting thing I liked and thought would fit in the final game version, which was...

 

Epilogue being dependent on your honor. 
The "leak" claimed something like:

If you got the high honor ending you'd play as John but if you got low honor one instead you'd play as... Dutch.
Just thinking about it, that would be perfect for low honor players as it would make sense to kill and rob as Dutch unlike doing the same things as John. 
Playable Dutch would also make full use of camp mechanic and potentially companion mechanic (if that wasn't cut). I can imagine how badass would it be to walk around in town and antagonize everyone as Dutch...

 

While like I said earlier the "leak" was utter horsesh*t that I wouldn't believe under any circumstances, the playable Dutch part seemed as something reasonable to me, maybe it could be about Bill and Javier leaving Dutch or something but eh... that's a discussion for another thread.

Oh man, playing as Dutch would be beautiful, but I don't think Dutch is that related to low honor (that could be Micah), because I think he is not someone who goes around destroying everything without thinking, but I don't know. 

As for player_one and player_two, when I read about it, it seemed reasonable to me about play as Charles or Sadie, because they are, along with John and Arthur, the ones most related to the redemption...

Edited by JMarston
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cp1dell
18 minutes ago, DanceKino said:

I remember reading some "leaked" list of planned/changed contents in RDR2 somewhere which honestly was utter horsesh*t as it had some weird stuff in it that I won't mention but... it had one interesting thing I liked and thought would fit in the final game version, which was...

 

Epilogue being dependent on your honor. 
The "leak" claimed something like:

If you got the high honor ending you'd play as John but if you got low honor one instead you'd play as... Dutch.
Just thinking about it, that would be perfect for low honor players as it would make sense to kill and rob as Dutch unlike doing the same things as John. 
Playable Dutch would also make full use of camp mechanic and potentially companion mechanic (if that wasn't cut). I can imagine how badass would it be to walk around in town and antagonize everyone as Dutch...

 

While like I said earlier the "leak" was utter horsesh*t that I wouldn't believe under any circumstances, the playable Dutch part seemed as something reasonable to me, maybe it could be about Bill and Javier leaving Dutch or something but eh... that's a discussion for another thread.

 

I'm assuming you're talking about the "leak" that included the romance with Charles, Sadie being raped and cutting of some dude's dick, etc. I wouldn't listen to anything that came from that.

 

And I could have sworn last time I went through the files, John was referred to as player_one and Arthur as player_zero. At least John's textures were.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMarston
1 hour ago, cp1dell said:

 

I'm assuming you're talking about the "leak" that included the romance with Charles, Sadie being raped and cutting of some dude's dick, etc.

tenor.gif?itemid=16103935

What the... oh dude, I think I'm going to have nightmares..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cp1dell

Oh yeah it was the biggest load of bullsh*t I have ever seen. I can only imagine the guy saw how popular the actual leak from years ago that talked about specific details of the game, down to playing as John in the epilogue, building Beecher's Hope, delivering the mare at Pronghorn Ranch etc. and wanted to gain his own infamy just like every other loser on Reddit. Just this long list of wacked out details that were "cut from the game."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Wolf Man

Yeah I remember about this "leak".

 

I think those were just raw and early concepts of the game. The writer/creator is thinking about the most ambitious thing ever but then the hardware guy comes and say "dude this is just not gonna work".

 

Just look at Hideo Kojima initial ideas for Metal Gear. The guy wanted to make a PS4 game in the 1980s.

 

Edited by The Wolf Man
Sorry for bad english.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanceKino
9 hours ago, cp1dell said:

 

I'm assuming you're talking about the "leak" that included the romance with Charles, Sadie being raped and cutting of some dude's dick, etc. I wouldn't listen to anything that came from that.

Yep, that's the one.

Curiously enough, it did mention that you were able to buy tickets to Guarma. The point is there's some actual leftover of that somewhere in game's code, but I wouldn't call it anything more than a wild guess to be honest.

 

Edited by DanceKino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
17 hours ago, cp1dell said:

 

I'm assuming you're talking about the "leak" that included the romance with Charles, Sadie being raped and cutting of some dude's dick, etc. I wouldn't listen to anything that came from that.

 

And I could have sworn last time I went through the files, John was referred to as player_one and Arthur as player_zero. At least John's textures were.

Interestingly John is Player_three and Arthur is Player_zero

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.