4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 3 Remake for the 20th Anniversary?

Marcos18

Marcos18

Would you like to see a remake for this game for the 20th anniversary? Where's the chances? I remember some remake rumors last year.

Edited by Marcos18
  • Like 2
Nappy

Zero Chances. Even Gta V and RDR2 are dead. Of course i’d like it, my favorite Gta game but no way.

• Like 1
GTACollectorIII

Honestly no. I like it the way it is now. They would just ruin it.

Edited by GTACollectorIII
Typos again :/
  • Like 7

You all dreaming, and keep it that way because won't happen. Rockstar is just focused on their online services as GTA online and RDR online, getting a lot lot of money from it.

• Like 2
universetwisters

What needs to be remade? Other than some bugfixes it’s perfect 

• Like 4
Nappy

Gameplay doesn’t hold up

edit: although i still think this is one of the most complete games of all time. Amazing storyline, missions, characters, mission design etc. 

The main gameplay and visuals really coulda been better tho.

Edited by Payne
stef_92

The modding community has done more than enough I think. Even if R* make a remake it won't be as good as playing the game with SilentPatch, Widescreen Fix, SkyGfx, SKin & Bones and the Xbox mod. I doubt that they would provide better graphics than the ones they did for the Xbox version and I doubt that they are going to fix as much bugs as SIlent did. But besides that it would be good for console players to have a decent version to play since R* just keep porting the PS2 version and do nothing else.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Mr.ClaudeFan
On 3/15/2020 at 1:36 PM, stef_92 said:

The modding community has done more than enough I think. Even if R* make a remake it won't be as good as playing the game with SilentPatch, Widescreen Fix, SkyGfx, SKin & Bones and the Xbox mod. I doubt that they would provide better graphics than the ones they did for the Xbox version and I doubt that they are going to fix as much bugs as SIlent did. But besides that it would be good for console players to have a decent version to play since R* just keep porting the PS2 version and do nothing else.

Agreed. In my opinion, if that terrible remake of San Andreas was anything to go by, I feel like they would just break more rather than improve. The modding community definitely breathed so much more life into this game

Edited by Mr.ClaudeFan
  • Like 2
Algonquin Assassin

If they didn't remaster/remake GTA IV then they're not going to do the same for GTA III. 

• Like 2
Zello

Nope. A remake/remaster would ruin it.

The only thing I'd change would be the shooting though. Take the combat system from LCS and put it in III.

• 7 months later...
Matthew Paano Torres

There is no chance they are going to do it because Rockstar already did GTA 3's 10th Anniversary for iOS and are never going to celebrate the 20th Anniversary in 2021, Would take them a long time if they were going to do that. You can only do that if you play GTA 3 with mods on the 20th Anniversary though!

Given that so many of the original devs that made the 3D era games so special have left Rockstar, coupled with how little Take 2 seem to care about anything but the bottom line, I genuinely don't think they could do it justice. Hell, I'd be surprised if they even acknowledge it.

• KEKW 2

No I do not want nu-Rockstar mucking around with their classics. 

"LEAVE. MY GTA III. ALONE!" -  Manny Escuela 

• Like 3
  • KEKW 1
Evil empire

I'd like to see a remake of GTA 3 and I know it will never happen. Crookstar will make another GTA on the day GTA Online will stop being profitable.

FIlm remakes always are worse than the original. What makes you think gta3 will not?

No, the mystique of trying to fly the dead dodo to ghost island, the square auto-aim, pay n spray, the beeper, import export garages they would not include these.

A remaster is much desirable and would be light to the dead eyed fans who have been waiting on this for years. Unfortunately R* being what they are, well they won't do it. Even if they have the time and resource for this, they'll prefer to monetize GTAO or RDRO.

• Like 2

If the remake can keep the original atmosphere and feeling I have no problem with it

And that's something that I don't trust rockstar in since they're not the same ones who made the 3DU anymore

Also this will never happen as they are greedy asf

A proper remake like the most recent Mafia 1 or Resident Evil 2? That would basically be a new game, don't think its worth it since people would still complain anyway. Also silent protagonists are not popular anymore so they would need to give Claude a voice

I don't understand the obsession with remakes. If the game is ps1 era then sure but ps2 gen games look fine and can be upscaled etc anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anonymous Pro Player
On 3/9/2020 at 3:10 AM, marciorafaelop said:

I would love to play GTA III in a HD universe for sure.

same thing bro

Shockwave_NewOrder

nah, shark cards make more money. Less work, more morons buying shark cards.

afxtwin

Yeah, Rockstar won't care. They didn't even bother even acknowledging VCS's or even IV's 10th anniversary (besides removing songs from the soundtrack).

• Like 1

To me remakes of III era GTAs are impossible. The missions are designed with the features (or lack thereof) in mind, so they would have to be completely reworked, if not replaced by something else. In GTA III you can't crouch, bail out of vehicles at high speeds, cover etc. If the game was even ported to V engine, let's say, the features that V engine has would trivialize the whole game. Plus, how would they remake Liberty City? They already did that with IV sort of, I don't see what else would they do with potential III remake.

To me the idea of a GTA III remake makes no sense. Not to mention I prefer the feeling of the original game. It's not like the game has some super original missions or super interesting story that would greatly benefit from a remake, like some other games. I just don't see it.

• Like 1