3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What do you think of Vic Vance ?

Ahmedmfroezspeed

Ahmedmfroezspeed

For me, he's just the black version of Toni Cipriani

But unlike Toni, Vic feels REAL remorse, and real guilt and real Empathy for his crimes,not like Toni who's pretending to feel it,

Vic's better than Franklin and WAY better than CJ who feels remorse .. likeall the time,

Vic has a higher rampage kill count than Toni where Vic killed from 649-660 kills on the PSP version, and from 700-720 kills on the PS2 version -shE*t the PS2 Vic is more sociopathic than the PSP Vic-

But Antonio had from 492-510 kills in his rampages

He's a bit sadistic, and what proves that is that one of his in-game quotes is "i don't really enjoy this, you know, well okay, I do"

Edit: He's a Sociopathic killer who only feels empathy for.the people he knows

Anyways Vic is my 5th most favorite protagonist in the series

For me I'd rate him 3/5 stars

How about you?

What do you think of Vic Vance ?

Let me know by replying

Edited by Ahmedmfroezspeed
  • Like 1
MrPhillips
10 minutes ago, Ahmedmfroezspeed said:

Lol. Vic is nowhere near Toni.
Vic was naive because he was a good guy trying to earn some money for his family, was new to the criminal underworld. He was dragged into it, then betrayed.
He realised that he got deep into crime. He knew that there is no turning back. He done everything to protect his family. He failed but he finished the job.
He is not psycho and braindead criminal like Toni following every fricking order.

• Like 8
  • YEE 1
Jeansowaty
12 hours ago, MrPhillips said:

Lol. Vic is nowhere near Toni.
Vic was naive because he was a good guy trying to earn some money for his family, was new to the criminal underworld. He was dragged into it, then betrayed.
He realised that he got deep into crime. He knew that there is no turning back. He done everything to protect his family. He failed but he finished the job.
He is not psycho and braindead criminal like Toni following every fricking order.

This. He's about the only redeemable protagonist in the 3D era, people complain about him far too much. He was all against drugs and criminal stuff but he didn't see no way out. Whenever he voiced his complaints about it it was because he didn't want to take drugs himself, knowing how problematic it can get. Niko does that too and does that make him a hypocrite? He's no stranger to criminal stuff and can be ruthless and violent too, I actually really like how tough he can be and how determined he was to hunt down Martinez. He really did hate his guts. We need more protagonists who will stand up to the antagonist by calling him names and posing a threat to HIM throughout the game.

Edited by Jeansowaty
  • Like 5
universetwisters

I'd rather not play as a whiner throughout the game. I wanna play as someone who embraces the criminal lifestyle and that's why Vic is one of my least favorite protagonists, second to Franklin.

• Like 2

It's a hard question to answer. I love Vice City, it's my greatest influence. If I'm totally in love with 80s, I have to thanks Rockstar. Vice City is perfect in every single aspect: soundtrack, atmosphere, references, storyline, characters, everything. If I had never played Vice City, my tastes in music, movies, cars, clothes (Hawaiian shirts in particular), and my style would have been totally different. Tommy Vercetti is a very badass guy, charismatic, and fits perfectly the game.
So, as I said before, Vice City is the perfect game for me, but there is something that makes Vice City Stories "special".
Of course it has a great soundtrack, a nice and colorful graphic, funny quotes, and new side-missions, but what makes it "special" is related to the storyline and its characters. 
Victor Vance is a very underrated protagonist. A lot of people don't like his personality. 
I like how he's "trying to be a good guy in a bad man's game" (just like Martinez says in the last mission). He got a difficult family, he got responsibilities, and he never forgets about that, because it's the most important thing for him. He is a strong man, but also a good guy. As seen in the game, often, bad situations happen to good people, and even if he is a responsible person with a moral, he gets in troubles because of his brother Lance, Martinez, and Vice City drug kingpins.
I also like the relationship that he builds with Louise, his kind words to try to comfort her during the days with Marty. Their last conversation is very emotional and touching. They have had "something special" but it ends in a drammatic way. This game has such a mature plot. I Want to Know What Love is by Foreigner fits totally the story.
Vic is also a handsome muscular man, and the style of his Army and Casual outfits is cool. 
In conclusion, he is a great inspiration for me, there is a lot of Vic Vance in me. That's is what makes this game a wonderful and an underrated gem!

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...
Pink_Cheese

Well, just like a lot of other people in this thread have said, he's mostly a good guy.

He's the only GTA protagonist who is genuinely a good person.

• Like 2
watersgta3

Vic was a decent character who definitely needed some improvements. I mean I don't mind him not wanting anything to do with drugs, but they could've simply came up with a better way to have him build drug empires without him being a hypocrite. Such as make it in a way that he needs to build a drug empire in orders of the Mendez brothers so that he could save his and Lance's skin (since the trouble they were in was all Lance's fault). Overall, Vic was a decent character, but I felt he could've been slightly better.

• Like 2
gtafaninwest

A man trying to make an honest living. He enlists in the military only to be double crossed and gets dragged in a life a crime. Somewhere between 1984-1986, he's in too deep. But deep down, he wants out.

Edited by gtafaninwest
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
thisisdagger

With all that's been said in this thread I feel a bit like he's the prototype for Nico. 

Serious actually well meaning guy who gets dragged into the whole crime scene and can also be seen as a victim. 

There is a certain Charme in this kind of archetype although it speaks a bit against the GTA formula. 

Tommy is the clear opposite but also a lot of fun to play but Vic wins in my book because he can swim ;)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Cutter De Blanc

A man who doesnt like committing crime as the star of a game that's all about committing crimes. Total wet blanket. I don't like him, don't like playing as him and didn't beat the game because he kept having a problem with my actions, and it got annoying

VenusianDream
4 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

A man who doesnt like committing crime as the star of a game that's all about committing crimes. Total wet blanket. I don't like him, don't like playing as him and didn't beat the game because he kept having a problem with my actions, and it got annoying

Actually, Vic didn't mind committing crimes at all. If anything he intentionally comes off as a hypocrite; he wants to do the right thing in life and help pay off Pete's bills but he intends to do so by trying to get rich quick in the criminal underworld. At the end of the game Martinez points his hypocrisy out before Vic kills him. As soon as he gets kicked out of the army he decides to do illegal work for Phil and eventually Marty, when he could have easily just gotten a job. He considers himself as a criminal, and I believe at one point he even says himself that he's fine with taking lives and stealing from people, implying that he was doing these things before he joined the army. He likes guns and fast cars just like every other GTA protagonist. He just hates drugs and doesn't feel comfortable dealing with them as it tends to get people killed. Lance was reckless and stupid and his actions led to Vic being forced to sell drugs, which is why he complained so much about it.

I like Vic Vance. He's probably one of my favorite protagonists. He's a good guy who's stuck in a bad city and was forced to make bad choices for the sake of his family. I agree that he seems like a prototype Niko, I guess by this point R* wanted to make a protagonist that felt more "humane" than their previous ones so Vic was their first shot at it, and I think he was written pretty well.

• Like 4
Cutter De Blanc

Dude shouts sh*t like, "Get down!" and "I'm sorry!" when I'm on a rampage killing npcs. It really makes him seem like a lame duck

Grotti Vigilante
18 hours ago, VenusianDream said:

As soon as he gets kicked out of the army he decides to do illegal work for Phil and eventually Marty, when he could have easily just gotten a job.

To be fair, how many employers are willing to hire someone whose been kicked out of the army for having a stash of weed underneath his bed and for bringing a prostitute onto Fort Baxter? Vic needed to get money for his family and get Pete the healthcare he needed, so in some way he almost had no choice but to accept work from Phil. Then when he got in too deep to the criminal underworld, that was when he had to stick with it.

• Like 2
VenusianDream
7 hours ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Dude shouts sh*t like, "Get down!" and "I'm sorry!" when I'm on a rampage killing npcs. It really makes him seem like a lame duck

Really? In all my time of playing VCS I've never heard Vic shout either of those phrases. He usually says things like "Say hello to Mr. Death", "Draw last breath, bitch!" and "Violent interaction, why not?" 

Not trying to argue or anything, I just think you're a bit wrong about him. Sure Vic has more of a moral compass than most of the other protagonists, but he's not exactly a goodie two-shoes either.

• Like 2
NewGuybj

Started as kinda good guy but got thrown into criminal underwold kinda fast and without a resist. Kinda hyprocrite. Don't want to be a criminal and deal drugs, but still does it. Which led to his death 2 years later.

Still a good protoganist, has morals and cares about his family and friends.

• Like 1
Niobium
On 7/9/2020 at 5:21 PM, Cutter De Blanc said:

wym? he says taunting statements like "your life is about to expire" and "hey dead man wassup"

Edited by Niobium
  • Like 7
  • 1 month later...

After much deliberation, I've decided that Vic Vance is my favorite GTA protagonist: I like that he began with good intentions, but things got out of hand quickly and he ended up caught up in the fix big time. I'm not concerned that he's a bit contrarian or hypocritical, because that's a trait of being human. At least he understands and cares about the consequences of his actions, maybe a little bit TOO MUCH, which makes him come off as whiny to many; I totally understand what other people mean about that part of his personality. He's a serious guy who's surrounded by unreliable people, even if they are very colorful. I think Vic is tough, caring, and brave. Also, like what Niobium mentioned about his taunts when he points a gun at people, I found many of them amusing, especially "Oh look, it's me, and my pet gun", or when he hires guys for his Empire building, "Me Boss, You Not".

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

He is way too soft..I don't mind having a more human GTA protagonist but he was just generic "good" and didn't really fit the story.

Niko was handled way better

Edited by FanEu7
OH76

My favourite protagonist of all time. He's the least villainous protagonist, and a well written one. He's not a psycho who has a habit of killing people. He is caring to his relatives, proof is that he joined the military to get money to be able to buy some medicines for his brother. He hates drugs because he's aware of how harmful it is. He is also quite smart, a

However, he can be overly whiny.

TL;DR: The 3D universe version of Niko Bellic.

• Like 3
vcfan1991

Vic is a cool cat. 

Cool as a video game character but probably someone you'd want to avoid irl.

Regardless, he's kewl as heck. He's on his grind, gettin thangs done. 

You can't fault Vic because he's a real grown ass man.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, Ahmedmfroezspeed said:

Lol, what? They have nothing in common at all.

I wouldn't count side missions as a part of his character. Overall, top 3 sympathetic protagonist. Does anything that he likes, get's angry at his brother but for his own good, tries his best to have people happy and satisfied and never gives up family. 

• Like 1