2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Gta III Appreciation Thread

Nappy

Everything! I know i don’t post as much as i do for Gta IV about III, but i don’t need to. Gta III will always have a place with its story, city, dialouge, characters and style. This is by far one of the most serious games i’ve ever played.

• Like 4

The features, action, and music are great. I wish Rockstar and DMA added more stuff and I wish they still had removed stuff that was cut, some of them due to 9/11, some of them not.

universetwisters
10 hours ago, Chase2002 said:

The features, action, and music are great. I wish Rockstar and DMA added more stuff and I wish they still had removed stuff that was cut, some of them due to 9/11, some of them not.

You do realize the only things removed due to 9/11 were the police car paintjobs, a plane's flight path, and a few lines of dialogue, right?

9 hours ago, universetwisters said:

4 hours ago, OmarMohammed said:

dialogue? I never knew Rockstar removed some dialogues because of 9/11  

Also, Darkel missions were not cut due to 9/11, they were cut at least a couple months before 9/11.

MyNameIsNotImportantBro
3 hours ago, Chase2002 said:

Also, Darkel missions were not cut due to 9/11, they were cut at least a couple months before 9/11.

They were only staring at a molotov.

universetwisters
8 hours ago, OmarMohammed said:

dialogue? I never knew Rockstar removed some dialogues because of 9/11  

Duhillestpunk

I mentioned this before but I love it so much, I’ll mention it again. I loved the Honda rims so damn much. R* were slick when they put them in the game.

• Like 1

Still my favorite GTA game, I don't think any new release will change that. Revisiting 3D era Liberty City never gets old.

• Like 3

ClaudeTheMan
On 2/28/2020 at 1:50 AM, Payne said:

Everything! I know i don’t post as much as i do for Gta IV about III, but i don’t need to. Gta III will always have a place with its story, city, dialouge, characters and style. This is by far one of the most serious games i’ve ever played.

If you haven't, you should play Liberty City Stories. I slept on it for a long time but it's a great game and has the same vibe as GTAIII.

• Like 2

Yes i played. Amazing game as well! I wish some of the design choices were better tho.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
iiCriminnaaL

Although it doesn't hold up pretty well mechanically and graphically for many today, I still admire its overall direction and path, more than ever. Liberty City's grimy and shady atmosphere, the gang aesthetics and extreme hostilities, the dark and subtle humor, the story's plot twists and pacing, and the fact that Claude for most of the time is working for the most powerful factions in Liberty City.

Makes me wish it was remade in GTA IV's version of the RAGE engine, only this time with a talking Claude, perhaps still with a calm and often not so talkative attitude just like Tommy.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL
  • KEKW 1

AkshayKumar

It's a good change of pace being a mere street criminal in this game. Most of the 3D era has you building empires or becoming a rich statewide hero while here all your safe houses are dumps, most of the city's factions will kill you on sight in the end and while Claude is better off financially, he still has that unimportant street thug vibe to him.

I do find the endings where you are the city kingpin very satisfying, but it's nice to have a contrast too, its nice that instead of feeling all powerful it feels like Claude is capable but he doesnt feel above the game. That's what I appreciate about this game. 

Edited by AkshayKumar
  • Like 5

b7Cn05l.png

universetwisters
1 hour ago, AkshayKumar said:

It's a good change of pace being a mere street criminal in this game. Most of the 3D era has you building empires or becoming a rich statewide hero while here all your safe houses are dumps, most of the city's factions will kill you on sight in the end and while Claude is better off financially, he still has that unimportant street thug vibe to him.

LCS was like that too in the sense that you’re just a lowly criminal. Granted you become a made man but you’re constantly in Sal’s shadow so, regardless of your title, you still feel like a cog in the machine as opposed to the whole machine itself

• Like 2

On 9/9/2022 at 4:51 PM, universetwisters said:

LCS was like that too in the sense that you’re just a lowly criminal. Granted you become a made man but you’re constantly in Sal’s shadow so, regardless of your title, you still feel like a cog in the machine as opposed to the whole machine itself

It's a shame you didn't get to own any rackets or recruit any Leone member on the street.

• Like 1

universetwisters
1 minute ago, atay26 said:

It's a shame you didn't get to … recruit any Leone member on the street.

It’d be funny if you were actually able to do that but everyone you tried to recruit was like “f*ck no mamas boy lol”

Comrade Monke

I think GTA 3's story deserves a direct sequel tbh

• 2 weeks later...
HOW'S ANNIE?

One particular thing hit me tonight, and I think this nails exactly why I 100% love GTA III's atmosphere.

Tonight is a very wet and foggy night in my town, so much so it scared me driving home from work tonight. I've just taken a peek out my window, and the sight of the street lights shining through the mist takes me back to driving through the Red Light District on a foggy night. Despite how many newer games go for the "ultra realistic" look, I don't think I've seen any game look quite as "realistic" as GTA III when it comes to how man-made light reacts to mist/fog.

• Like 3

I love the gritty atmosphere that is largely absent from the rest of the 3D-era games.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 12:55 AM, Comrade Monke said:

I think GTA 3's story deserves a direct sequel tbh

Same, I've always wanted a follow up story with concepts from GTA 2 like the Zaibatsu but run by Donald Love (have him be one of the big bads), hillbillies and perhaps finally a look at where Tommy and CJ are by 2001.