4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Buell

Bakkerbaard

Bakkerbaard

This concerns the epilogue, so if you haven't done that yet stop reading.

And play the game It's been out for two years. Hop to it!

Anyway.

I got Buell, Hamish's Dutch Warmblood, and I stored him in the stable, fully intending to become best buds with him during the epilogue, yet forgetting completely that not everything makes it to the epilogue, so now I find myself rather Buell-less.

Is he out there somewhere?

Or a horse just like him?

I found a Dutch Warmblood in one of the stables with better stats than other Warmbloods, but I'd prefer the same color as Buell.

So, basically, can I get a Buell mk.2 somewhere?

Ripstart01

I find this game requires you to use almost every save slot if you want your ideal playing environment per Chapter.

I have one save in Chapter 6 where Arthur has Buell, and one save in the Epilogue where John has him. He is one of the best horses in the game so it's worthwhile having him around, he can cover a lot of ground before gassing out and doesn't get frightened easily.

• Like 1
Bakkerbaard

It's not so much about stats for me really. I just kinda liked Buell. Seemed a better fit for John than the complimentary Ardennes war horse I had with Arthur.

I've got him on a Thuroughbred I got for free as well. It's good enough, but it ain't no Buell.

I doubt I'll do a fourth playthrough, but I'll save Hamish for John then, yeah.

I'd say Buell was my second favourite horse in the game (my favourite is the MFT). I always saved him for John second playthrough onwards. 

Deadman2112
8 hours ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

No, next time save the last Hamish mission for John.

Yeah this is the way that I've always done it

LeonVegaSuarez

I'm kinda glad I totally missed the Veteran's missions with Arthur. Only found him after chapter 6. Buell is probably the horse I use most as John.

• 2 weeks later...

At my first game I made Arthur's last mission with Buell, so that Buell died in battle like Hamish (animal vs. human).

During my second game I just made the first Veteran mission with Arthur and the other ones with John to keep Buell.

I still do not understand why Arthur's horses (except the one you are riding during "Red Dead Redemption") won't get over to John, as Arthur should have notifications/paperwork of the stables and his property in there in his inventory/satchel.

Awful Waffle
9 hours ago, Dying said:

I still do not understand why Arthur's horses (except the one you are riding during "Red Dead Redemption") won't get over to John, as Arthur should have notifications/paperwork of the stables and his property in there in his inventory/satchel.

Arthur died and years passed. it's the late 1800's. there's no electronic record keeping.

as far as the stable is concerned; Arthur disappeared and never returned so they would've sold his horses. they wouldn't keep them forever just waiting for someone to come along and claim them.

Arthur gave John his personal belongings through his satchel. but horses don't fit into a satchel. they're living creatures that age and die.

the stable wouldn't keep them for John. the stable doesn't know who John is.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Awful Waffle said:

Arthur died and years passed. it's the late 1800's. there's no electronic record keeping.

as far as the stable is concerned; Arthur disappeared and never returned so they would've sold his horses. they wouldn't keep them forever just waiting for someone to come along and claim them.

Arthur gave John his personal belongings through his satchel. but horses don't fit into a satchel. they're living creatures that age and die.

the stable wouldn't keep them for John. the stable doesn't know who John is.

I understand this point, but everything was shared by paperwork or written contract including stables and standing property there that time (and years beyond).

Of course horses have aged 8 years, but this should have been the same for Buell. 7 years should not be a problem for horses, except if it is old in 1899 already.

Any bought horse by Arthur or John does have papers, but we don't see it in inventory (just in RDR). In RDR2 you just hear about it or see it in price by selling a horse to a stable.

Awful Waffle

just because a horse might still be alive doesn't mean the stable will just keep them after their owner disappears for almost a decade.

cars don't even "die" but a used car dealer would move through his inventory every year. if they had a used car sitting around for almost ten years and nobody wanted it they'd sell it for a loss or junk it.

just because John might have the papers doesn't mean he can expect the stable to hang onto the horses themselves. the stable isn't involved in the Red Dead Redemption storyline. they're just unnamed NPCs. they don't care about John or Arthur. they're no one special in the eyes of the stable. another group of cowboys passing through.

28 minutes ago, Awful Waffle said:

just because a horse might still be alive doesn't mean the stable will just keep them after their owner disappears for almost a decade.

cars don't even "die" but a used car dealer would move through his inventory every year. if they had a used car sitting around for almost ten years and nobody wanted it they'd sell it for a loss or junk it.

just because John might have the papers doesn't mean he can expect the stable to hang onto the horses themselves. the stable isn't involved in the Red Dead Redemption storyline. they're just unnamed NPCs. they don't care about John or Arthur. they're no one special in the eyes of the stable. another group of cowboys passing through.

It going to be a bit offtopic, but the difference is, that horses are property of Arthur and not of a stable. Like a rent parking lot for a car, not used car dealer.

Yes of course there may be "hidden" rental costs and nobody paid it, because John had other things to do for 8 years or maybe not enough money to pay it (even gold bars are not taken over to John whyever). That would be the only reason to make sence: There is a debts by not payed rental costs of the stables (next to feeding costs), therefore the horses handed over to property of the stable to clear the debts.