What do you think of Toni Cipriani ?

Ahmedmfroezspeed

Lord Criminal
30 minutes ago, SonOfLiberty said:

He's another one of those characters I preferred in GTA III. Michael Madsen made him work really well, but I never thought he was really protagonist material so I don't care for him much in LCS.

It's usually the case with GTA characters appearing in more than a tittle. They're usually better in their first appearance (Toni, Catalina and Donald in GTA III, Avery and Lance in Vice City, Johnny and The Lost in GTA IV, etc).

• Like 1

Harwood Butch3r
3 minutes ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

It's usually the case with GTA characters appearing in more than a tittle. They're usually better in their first appearance (Toni, Catalina and Donald in GTA III, Avery and Lance in Vice City, Johnny and The Lost in GTA IV, etc).

I also kind of preferred how Toni was more of a Spaghetti eating greaseball in GTA III. I don't know. Maybe if they got Michael Madesn back for LCS I might've been more interested in him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I also kind of preferred how Toni was more of a Spaghetti eating greaseball in GTA III. I don't know. Maybe if they got Michael Madesn back for LCS I might've been more interested in him. 

Probably they didn't do so because Madsen voiced Tanner in DRIV3R. 

• Like 1

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

Ahmedmfroezspeed
56 minutes ago, Jeansowaty said:

for real ?

sh*t...

is there any proof for that ?

edit: i think they didn't hire him because they didn't want to make LCS' budget high or medium

and you know, you need a lot of payment for Madsen

Edited by Ahmedmfroezspeed
i dunno,mane

3 minutes ago, Ahmedmfroezspeed said:

for real ?

sh*t...

is there any proof for that ?

unknown.png

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

"Let death take my enemies by surprise; let them go down alive to the grave, for evil finds lodging among them."

Harwood Butch3r
4 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

I wonder if he regrets it since Driv3r isn't that fondly remembered. 

• KEKW 3

• 3 months later...

Used to dislike him until I knew how cool and loyal he actually is, but still he's Sal's bitch, that's what I dislike about 'em.

Cutter De Blanc
On 4/14/2020 at 9:52 AM, DJToni said:

I've always thought of GTA: LCS as the most serious game of the 3D era. No silly stuff, no jetpacks, no stipclubs, just mafia related "work". I think that's a big reason this game is underrated.

I guess you never got the giant chicken outfit

I liked Toni, liked playing as him more than Claude. I agree that hes rather shallow and one note though.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
  • Like 1

Not the best protagonist. Pretty descent. But sadistic killer. Killed Giovanni Casa for pretty much nothing. Also money it seems his only motivation. Basicaly he's just Claude with voice.

• Like 2

SanFierroTriad
On 7/20/2020 at 1:46 AM, Cutter De Blanc said:

I guess you never got the giant chicken outfit

I liked Toni, liked playing as him more than Claude. I agree that hes rather shallow and one note though.

Haha, I completely forgot about that! I still think it's a more serious game in general though.

WitherSkeleton

He's not bad protagionst at all, he is a nice guy

He looks overweight in GTA III but are way skinny in GTA Liberty City Stories 

He gives some cool missions for Claude 

• 5 months later...

He sucks. Just a lapdog who kisses Salvatore's ass and barely has any personality.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:04 PM, Ahmedmfroezspeed said:

For me...

He's the second best protagonist in the series

He's just Tommy Vercetti , only with way more sadism and way less mercy, I mean he's the third protagonist with the highest kill count in rampages where he had from 492-510 kills in his rampages where on the second spot is Vic Vance where he had 649-660 kills on the pap and

From 700-720 kills on the ps2 version

And on the #1 spot is Tommy Vercetti where he had from 849-860 kills in his rampages...

And the protagonist with the highest storyline kill count of the series where he killed...over a hundred,and probably over a thousand... anyways

Unlike Tommy. Toni is SADISTIC!

And he's the most psychopathic protagonist in the series

That's why he's my second most favorite protagonist in the series and Tommy is my third most favorite protagonist in the series..., tell me who's more psychopathic than Toni ? None

Probably Claude , but he ain't as dark as Toni

How about you ?

What do you think of Toni Cipriani ?

Let me know by replying

Why does psychopathy and sadism matter to you?

My least favorite protagonist in the series

0 personality and the game isn't even mafia focused like it is said

Toni Kipriani would have been a better protagonist than Toni Cipriani

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

GoodEveningFolks

he is an ok protagonist. Him trying to impress his mom and doing anything for her was so good. Him being a loyal puppet is very annoying and good at the same time

He was bland af, one of the worst protagonists of the series. The characters in LCS were mostly weak in general, apart from Salvatore

Edited by FanEu7

I enjoyed playing as Toni. I didn't like how limited his career options were, however, with Salvatore standing in his way. In some ways I would've enjoyed playing as one of the Leone family members directly. 

When Toni first appeared in GTA 3 he was an embarrassment. A fickle mommas boy, who came across real bitch-made. 

But LCS redeemed his character. 

Instead we got to see another side of Toni, a smart Italian footsoldier who's just tryna make it in the mob game. 

It's comical to see (accordingly to GTA chronology) how a steadfast and serious dude devolves into an angry spaghetti-splattered shirt wearing man-child.

But alas tis only a game...

Edited by vcfan1991

On 4/15/2020 at 2:03 PM, Algonquin Assassin said:

I wonder if he regrets it since Driv3r isn't that fondly remembered. 

Does he know that he played a role in a game that mocked driver and Tunner on the missions tho ?

• 1 year later...

😃 He's one of my favourite protagonists others are
1. Niko Bellic
2.Claude
3.Luis Lopez

4. Toni Cipriani

• 4 weeks later...

literally a f*ckin psycho, literally more crazy than trevor phillips

my man literally turned another man into a f*cking sausage, bc his mom said he was a better human being (which is f*ckin true btw)

and then he exploded a whole neighborhood for five grands, what the f*ck

• 3 months later...

Toni Cipriani is perhaps one of the most criminally underrated GTA protagonists of all time.

When the average fan thinks about underrated Grand Theft Auto protagonists, they might not even think about Toni Cipriani. In and of itself, that is often a sign of something being underrated, but there are more reasons why somebody lHe's an interesting character from an underrated game. There isn't any other GTA protagonist like Toni Cipriani, which makes him a one-of-a-kind personality. He's an unbelievably brutal, loving, and loyal protagonist who is more aligned with true crime than modern GTA protagonists.Toni isn't an over-the-top caricature of what a criminal can be, making him more grounded in reality (as far as twisted sociopaths go, anyhow).

I find Toni very pathetic. He is ready to fulfill any maternal whim, no matter how cruel it may be. Even when he expects to get big money for doing such a dirty job like blowing up an entire residential area, Toni is duped.

Edited by dodyann

• 1 year later...

He's a very good protagonist, but contradictory in some situations when he is Salvatore's puppy and a ruthless killer (by blowing up the Fort Staunton District of Staunton Island).

Edited by Luciano89

• 5 months later...
wacky woohoo pizza man

Been replaying the game lately and I forgot how much I like Toni, he's one of my go-to examples of an ideal GTA protagonist. He gives no f*cks at all apart from Salvatore and his ma, and his psychotic outbreaks aren't annoying and cartoony like Trevor's. It feels right going on a 6-star rampage as Toni (especially in the chicken costume)

• Best Bru 1

Blackhood1191

Too loyal to salvatore, at least a redeemable quality