[SA|WIP] GTA 1991

deltaCJ

universetwisters
9 hours ago, deltaCJ said:

Progress is great! Big thanks to Shagg_E for making such a cool tool for making the process a little bit easier!

A new/easier way to get animations into GTA? :adminkek:

sTgL5iS.png

On 8/22/2023 at 8:34 PM, universetwisters said:

A new/easier way to get animations into GTA? :adminkek:

Definitely will be as soon as those kinects come in :D

Anyways some more work: 

49818b1eb7f45786074f533f955daed6.gif

• Like 2
  • Realistic Steak! 1

universetwisters
16 minutes ago, deltaCJ said:

Definitely will be as soon as those kinects come in :D

Anyways some more work: 

49818b1eb7f45786074f533f955daed6.gif

When are the kinects coming in?

Also good luck with the facial animations yo f*ckin lip syncing is genuinely the worst and most tedious part of animating in my experience 

sTgL5iS.png

52 minutes ago, universetwisters said:

When are the kinects coming in?

Also good luck with the facial animations yo f*ckin lip syncing is genuinely the worst and most tedious part of animating in my experience 

Should I even bother? The model isn't even that high in poly count like the SA CutScene models. It took me 2 hours just to get the jaw to operate correctly lol.
And then there's 3 different bones that are attached to the jaw bone as well.

universetwisters
5 minutes ago, deltaCJ said:

Should I even bother? The model isn't even that high in poly count like the SA 

I would rather get legs crushed by a semi truck than lip sync anything for III era GTA. Unless your mod involves a lot of facial cue sh*t like LA Noire, you’re pretty much doing Guantanamo Bay prisoner torture as a hobby 

sTgL5iS.png

10 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Unless your mod involves a lot of facial cue sh*t like LA Noire

Well would I just be better off doing it by hand? Like how bad would it be to just do regular voice lines?

universetwisters
4 minutes ago, deltaCJ said:

Well would I just be better off doing it by hand? Like how bad would it be to just do regular voice lines?

Honestly I wouldn’t even mess with it facial animations. Even with regular voice lines you need to move the mouth as per the syllable or whatever’s being said (look up “lip syncing mouth chart” for example) and that gets incredibly tedious. Even if you do like the muppet thing where just the mouth moves up and down, it still gets exhausting to do.

Dont think I’m saying this to scare you because I’m genuinely not; you’ve made good progress that i can’t recall any other mod having done for its story before. I’m only saying this to warn you of the tedium and monotony of lip syncing. I remember many times writing stuff I would later animate, looking back at the script and thinking to myself “how can I compress this 5 minute conversation into just three short sentences because I don’t want to spend a week doing facial animations?” If you really do have the time and energy to sit at a computer and do facial animation then you’re a winner in my book, I’m just reminding you that there’s more than one way to climb a mountain :V

sTgL5iS.png

1 minute ago, universetwisters said:

Honestly I wouldn’t even mess with it facial animations.

Well sh*t... so then just f*ck it, maybe just do voices but no mouth movement, maybe some small animations of the eyebrows and stuff?

And yeah no lie it's already bad as it is with animating this stuff on my own...

universetwisters
Just now, deltaCJ said:

Well sh*t... so then just f*ck it, maybe just do voices but no mouth movement, maybe some small animations of the eyebrows and stuff?

Honestly I feel like, even with simply eyebrow stuff and the right actions/motions, you can convey whatever’s going on in the scene just as good. If I were you, I’d do a few mission cutscenes without facial animations and ask people how  it looks. If I can make a comparable point without sounding like I’m jacking myself off, I’m not planning on using facial animations for my VC mod just because I feel like the dialogue and animations already available are enough to get the plot across. LCS/VCS and some scenes in the main III era games also had cutscenes that don’t have facial animations so that’s something to consider. Not out of “oh they did it so why can’t I” laziness but moreso in the sense that “they got the point across without overexerting themselves so I can to!!!”

12 minutes ago, deltaCJ said:

And yeah no lie it's already bad as it is with animating this stuff on my own...

No need to burn yourself out hoss you got it goin good so far, mocap will def speed up the process :shillkek:

sTgL5iS.png

10 hours ago, universetwisters said:

“they got the point across without overexerting themselves so I can to!!!"

Yeah 20000% correct. Thanks for putting like that, makes things seem less hard 😛 

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

• 1 month later...

This project is very good, I will wait for this mod to be released, congratulations to the team 👏

Edited by Dhesso

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2023 at 2:39 PM, Darks said:

@deltaCJ Any news about the mod?

Not anything worth announcing sadly, feel free to PM me for the discord link.

• 2 months later...
C.Jizzfolk

Hey GTAForums Community,

It's been a while since we last connected. Today, we're thrilled to share some exciting news – the GTA 1991 Project is officially back in action, baby!

After a considerable break, our dedicated team has regrouped, recharged, and is more enthusiastic than ever to breathe new life into this ambitious project. We want to express our sincere gratitude for your patience and continued support during our hiatus. Your passion for the GTA 1991 vision has been our driving force, and we're committed to delivering an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Stay tuned for regular updates, sneak peeks, and behind-the-scenes looks.
The passion of this community has been the driving force behind the GTA 1991 Project, and we're grateful for each and every one of you.
With love, 1991DevTeam
spacer.png

Edited by C.Jizzfolk

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 12:19 PM, deltaCJ said:

@Speccy Thanks :D means a lot I've been studying a lot about animation lately I've been trying to make sure everything is on point before I unveil the first look. 

In the mean time check out Lil Devil's living situation (based on OGMoney's original idea, and original location for his safe house)

Hide contents

5stZvpj.png

uS1Zig3.png

iw8eyOH.png

KDN1MVk.png

More to come :)

Note: Planning to add more details to it like a electric box, and a broken satellite :D 

😲

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Long time no see!

We've been working hard, trying to rekindle the sparks that died out and making sure the flame stays lit this time!

So the team and I have a couple of goodies to share with you guys... 

Nothing major...YET.  The team and I can assure you this is going to get DONE.

Newest interior work, now don't say anything about any quality/bugs you may notice or see because there are TONS of them that I still want to fix.

Then again I just wanted to give you guys something to look at while you're waiting.

@C.Jizzfolk also has some work to show you guys, he'll be posting in the thread soon!!!

Thank you guys so much for your support and unwavering kindness towards the team!

~devZERO

P.S. DM me for the discord link if you haven't yet ;) 

LeakyLine

excited to see some progress on this again

• Like 2

signature? i hardly knew her

3 hours ago, Dimon. said:

This mod is literally dead!

How would you know?

• Like 1
  • Bruh 2

A quick progress dump!

Spoiler

tU4fGdn.png

VKoKLql.png

hVOnLx2.png

w72pxW0.png

mIy5Lt4.png

e9IGblE.png

4rPjHFD.png

These aren't in order or anything, but sooner or later you guys will see how some of these will look fully fleshed out ;)

Made this video from the modelling process! Subscribe to the channel so you don't miss any updates on the project, going to be posting more on there...

26 minutes ago, deltaCJ said:

Made this video from the modelling process! Subscribe to the channel so you don't miss any updates on the project, going to be posting more on there...

Does this community have discord?

Wakka387

now we need a late 90s SA mod and things will be perfect.

96-98 would be a good period to focus on as california changed a fair bit at that time

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Atani xD

what happend to lowpoly peds?? i want to download his mods but the link is down,and in this forums i saw to him and the screenshots its amazing,i hope this mod will be released 😆🤙