4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[IV] Original MP for CitizenMP:IV Reloaded

Zolika1351

Zolika1351

Since R* is likely going to make us unable to play the official MP anymore, I decided to preserve the entire mode (including the lobby, all gamemodes, the hud, the phone, etc) using CitizenIV so everyone can keep playing to their hearts' content. (as long as there's a CIV server up of course)

This modifies CitizenIV directly so you shouldn't join any normal servers with it.

I've included a dedicated server with no resources, set up so that only players with this mod installed can join it.

Installation:

Unzip the archive into your CitizenMP-iV Reloaded folder.

Also note that it needs to be set up using the included .ini:

EpisodeID - episode to join with, affects HUD colors and some episode-exclusive features such as the APC
GamemodeID - gamemode ID to start a game with, only applied for hosts (you're host if you're the first person to join a server)
PlayerName - your nickname, it gets set seperately from the one you specify in CitizenIV itself and this'll be the name used in-game
FixPinkHUD - fixes the pink TBoGT HUD color override on episodes other than TBoGT

PlayerModel - player model name, using the names from peds.ide

Player(component/component texture) - player model clothes setup, you can figure this out with OpenIV in the corresponding componentpeds wtd/wdd and pedprops wtd/wdd

Known issues:

Next Game menu is broken, everyone should restart the game and reconnect with a different gamemode ID instead

SP Co-op tutorial:

Set Episode ID 0 and Gamemode ID 16, SPFeatures 1 and SPFeaturesScriptPatch 1

Join a co-op server, press F5 to begin the story (only works as host)

Press F9 (this might crash if you're on a mission) when a player joins so that they see you in-game

You need to dupe broken missions:

Logging On - Press F8 after starting the mission which will start Easy Fare, complete that and go back, start Logging On again and fail it

Out of the Closet... - Press F8 after starting the mission which will start Easy as Can Be, complete that and go back, start Out Of The Closet... again and fail it

Gamemode IDs:

0  - Deathmatch
1  - Team Deathmatch
2  - Mafiya Work
3  - Team Mafiya Work
4  - Team Car Jack City
5  - Car Jack City
6  - Race
7  - GTA Race
10 - Cops n' Crooks
12 - Turf War
13 - Deal Breaker
14 - Hangman's NOOSE
15 - Bomb da Base II
16 - Freemode
17 - (TLAD) Chopper v Chopper
18 - (TLAD) Witness Protection
19 - (TLAD) Club Business
20 - (TLAD) Races
21 - (TLAD) Team Deathmatch
22 - (TLAD) Own the City
23 - (TLAD) Lone Wolf Biker
24 - (TLAD) Deathmatch
25 - (TLAD) Instant Play
26 - (TBOGT) Deathmatch
27 - (TBOGT) Team Deathmatch
28 - (TBOGT) Races
29 - (TBOGT) GTA Races

Download here (v5.0)

Dedicated Server

Dedicated Server (TLAD)

Dedicated Server (TBOGT)

Dedicated Server (Co-op Story)

Edited by Zolika1351
Added v5.0
  • Like 45
  • YEE 2
B Dawg

Note: For Episodes modes, you will need to stream a modified script files (as they don't seem to want to start normally), I'll have to make a couple of versions of them and upload them.

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 1
  • YEE 1
Jimbatron

@Zolika1351 : you sir, are a legend!

Question: I have my own SCO mod for Cops and Crooks. If the host has it, it gives a new set of getaway locations. Other players don’t need it for the game to work, as it is only the host spawns the getaways: it’s simply a replacement script_network file, more precisely only the cops and crops Sco file inside it. It’s also got a hard coded title of CnC 2.0 or relevant version number so people can tell if the host is using it (they can’t change it by altering it or forgetting to declare this).

Not just would it work, would anyone object to it in the community?

The map is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BXFfm6_yPwN0xLhm3MT1lkZzboZE5kJE/view

Edited by Jimbatron
  • Like 1
B Dawg

It would definitely work, and no reason why anyone would object imo. CitizenIV also makes it very easy to make everyone have the same file if needed (can stream it to everyone else).

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 1
Jimbatron
1 hour ago, B Dawg said:

It would definitely work, and no reason why anyone would object imo. CitizenIV also makes it very easy to make everyone have the same file if needed (can stream it to everyone else).

Thanks. To be fair, I can probably download it myself and check, I'm just being lazy (and at work)!

I've not used Citizen IV, I was wondering if the code in the multiplayer mode SCOs would have to have the GFWL live bits stripped out of it to work.

B Dawg
1 minute ago, Jimbatron said:

I've not used Citizen IV, I was wondering if the code in the multiplayer mode SCOs would have to have the GFWL live bits stripped out of it to work.

Nope, don't have to do anything.-

• Like 1
Zolika1351

Released an update (v2.0), changelog:

The entire thing is running off the .asi now, no need to replace CIV files (though if you already have, it'll still work)

Fixed episodic gamemodes not working

unknown.png

• Like 6
Colbertson

Would it be possible to get added vehicles to work in races and other gamemodes?

Edited by 𝙲olby
Zolika1351

After some testing I found out that episodic gamemodes only work for the host, the other players will get thrown into a freemode lobby they can't start, so I added a temporary fix (v2.1) that forces the gamemode to the one specified in the .ini regardless if you're host or not. This'll only apply if ForceEpisodicGamemode is 1, the Episode ID isn't 0 and the Gamemode ID is set to an episodic gamemode (17-29)

unknown.png

25 minutes ago, 𝙲olby said:

Would it be possible to get added vehicles to work in races and other gamemodes?

Not only is it possible, B Dawg has already made a modified race mode with TLAD & TBoGT vehicles

https://citizeniv.net/d/60-eflc-racing-r-mode-edit

Edited by Zolika1351
  • Like 6
Zolika1351

Released v2.5 with support for playermodels via the .ini, seperately for IV and each episode. It supports all models and not just f/m_y_multiplayer.

unknown.png

4 hours ago, nuburb said:

So we can still play normal GTA? 

Using this mod, you can play the regular gamemodes, yes

• Like 7
Zolika1351

Just fixed player names over their heads and added a previously unreleased project to this mod, allowing you to enable all SP features (phone animations, ambient scripts like hotdog vendors and strip club dancers, walking by holding W, fall camera, climb camera, slow carjacking & climbing animations, etc etc) which also allows for near perfect SP in MP using my latest sco trainer.

I've tested SP in MP up til Uncle Vlad and aside from 2 phone calls that instantly hung up, everything else worked perfectly, without a single crash.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Zolika1351
  • Like 16
Zolika1351

Released an update, I added a proper server for co-op SP in MP and fixed SP Features up a little, e.g. random peds sync now and taxis can be hailed

unknown.png

• Like 6
universetwisters

Sorry for being a dumb dumb but how do you change the gamemode in the .ini? I did't get any .ini when I downloaded it unless I'm looking in the wrong place

Zolika1351
4 hours ago, universetwisters said:

Sorry for being a dumb dumb but how do you change the gamemode in the .ini? I did't get any .ini when I downloaded it unless I'm looking in the wrong place

CIVMPConfig.ini clientside, the gamemode is set by the first client who joins

Zolika1351

Released an update, removed the playermodel crash fix ini settings as I've added an extra check to see if the player's model is correct before changing clothes preventing the crash in the first place, and added a GFWL-like random name generator if your name is Player1.

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 6
RussianFighter

Awesome work! Thank you!

I am waiting for the next dreaded patch to hit us. 

Will be fun to play with a friend the whole campaign. 

Claude_Lib
On 2/27/2020 at 2:20 AM, Zolika1351 said:

and added a GFWL-like random name generator if your name is Player1

Never played CitizenIV, so I don't know how it handles the Steam version of the game. I wonder if it can get my Steam username and use it for MP.

Jimbatron
3 hours ago, Claude_Lib said:

Never played CitizenIV, so I don't know how it handles the Steam version of the game. I wonder if it can get my Steam username and use it for MP.

I haven’t tried it yet but downloaded it to take a look. I think you can set your player name to whatever you like in the .ini file.

I understand Citizen IV is only compatible with patch 7. Not sure if Steam auto applied patch 8? Another user has suggested you can de-Steam-ify your copy by changing directory and running it from the launchgtaiv.exe file directly. But I have a disc version so I don’t know if this works.

One things for sure, it won’t work with the (In)complete edition though. I’d back up your game directory anyway in case Steam tries to auto-install the new version.

Zolika1351
4 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

I haven’t tried it yet but downloaded it to take a look. I think you can set your player name to whatever you like in the .ini file.

I understand Citizen IV is only compatible with patch 7. Not sure if Steam auto applied patch 8? Another user has suggested you can de-Steam-ify your copy by changing directory and running it from the launchgtaiv.exe file directly. But I have a disc version so I don’t know if this works.

One things for sure, it won’t work with the (In)complete edition though. I’d back up your game directory anyway in case Steam tries to auto-install the new version.

You can get the Steam version of 1.0.7.0 by entering download_depot 12210 12211 164691614299318355 into the steam console

It doesn't display progress and can only download to Steam/steamapps/content/app_12210/depot_12211 but it does the job

Edited by Zolika1351
  • Like 1
Zolika1351

Released a new update (v4.5) that removes the hacky episodic gamemodes workaround in favor of another hacky workaround that actually syncs between players this time. No need to set the same gamemode through ini anymore and I've removed the ForceEpisodicGamemodes toggle.

unknown.png

• Like 4
DragonYisusXD

hey guys, i'm actually dumb, how i can play multiplayer because i can't even open EFLC ?

this only work with a patch or something ?

Edited by VENEZUELA Z