Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

djb204

Is Rockstar Serious with this mission? LMAO

Recommended Posts

djb204

So I went to launch a stranger mission with Shaky down in Gaptooth Ridge near the San Luis River. It was a posse assasination mission, which was fine, but get this....

 

The posse I was tasked with killing were in Annesburg, and game game gave me a 5 minute time limit with fast travels disabled lmao. Ok Rockstar, awesome job haha

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
46 minutes ago, djb204 said:

So I went to launch a stranger mission with Shaky down in Gaptooth Ridge near the San Luis River. It was a posse assasination mission, which was fine, but get this....

 

The posse I was tasked with killing were in Annesburg, and game game gave me a 5 minute time limit with fast travels disabled lmao. Ok Rockstar, awesome job haha

 

Same as when you are in Valentine doing a Bounty and they send you to Saint Denis. Nah bro.

Edited by RyuNova
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001

Bounties do this WAY too much.

Take on a bounty at Emerald Station, have to go to the slaughterhouse in St Denis (the mission I hate most anyway).

 

And by the time you cross the Le Moyne border the target has gotten away?!?!??!??

 

NO!

Edited by kcole4001
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc101

Rockstar obviously has some sort of hard-on for timed missions, especially those were you just barely can complete it.

Perhaps it's some sort of SM time-fetish we are not privy to?

 

The mind boggles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
2 hours ago, Doc101 said:

Rockstar obviously has some sort of hard-on for timed missions, especially those were you just barely can complete it.

Perhaps it's some sort of SM time-fetish we are not privy to?

 

The mind boggles.

 

They dont want people having fun, they want you to rush and grind. Their games cannot handle multiple people doing loads of things at once which is why the missions are timed.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

It's all part of R*s backwards system of basing payouts on time taken.

 

I hate timed missions and payouts based on time taken. All timers should be scrapped, each undertaking should have a set payout and players should be left to play however they enjoy the game most.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo

I tried this mission once or twice, its the same thing as player targets.  People run all over the map.  Even if they were in tumbleweed, they would be uncatchable if they had decided to run.   Which these posse assassinations, depending on the size, a person or 2 might try and fight you, but that only if youre lucky.  I am not sure if the game selects people by rank or some other criteria.  Could have been other closer posses were in defensive...these missions are cool in theory, like if youre a brainstorming them in an office setting, but in this game they are actually trash, because of scenarios that can happen based on player choice that caused this impossible mission, or simply the other player rides away for 5 mins. 

 

I am thinking of the meme, where the boss says we are implementing a mission to force players into pvp, by selecting a player at random to fight, the first person says yeah, cool interactions, second gal says, players love pvp, 3rd guy says, the targeted player is just going to ride away because he doesnt want pvp....out the window.

Edited by CosmicBuffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ventogt
2 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

It's all part of R*s backwards system of basing payouts on time taken.

 

I hate timed missions and payouts based on time taken. All timers should be scrapped, each undertaking should have a set payout and players should be left to play however they enjoy the game most.

I agree that timers should either largely or completely be scrapped.  The worst is the moonshiner missions where they give you like 4:00 to poison the still when there are 20 guys camping out.  I'd love to do a stealth approach, and always try but usually it's getting too close to time running out so I just blow it up.  Same with bounty hunting--I'd like to scheme a way to stealth kill a handful of the lookouts and sneak in to hogtie the bounty, but the click click click puts unnecessary pressure on the situation. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr.Rosenthal

I was under the impression that on Posse Assassination jobs the game simply targets whichever player/posse is closest?

 

Maybe your session was rather empty and those were the only ones the game could target for you?

 

Just tryin’ to make sense of something nonsensical, I guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc101
2 hours ago, ventogt said:

I agree that timers should either largely or completely be scrapped.  The worst is the moonshiner missions where they give you like 4:00 to poison the still when there are 20 guys camping out.  I'd love to do a stealth approach, and always try but usually it's getting too close to time running out so I just blow it up.  Same with bounty hunting--I'd like to scheme a way to stealth kill a handful of the lookouts and sneak in to hogtie the bounty, but the click click click puts unnecessary pressure on the situation. 

QFT.

Hear that, Cockstar?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
5 hours ago, ventogt said:

I agree that timers should either largely or completely be scrapped.  The worst is the moonshiner missions where they give you like 4:00 to poison the still when there are 20 guys camping out.  I'd love to do a stealth approach, and always try but usually it's getting too close to time running out so I just blow it up.  Same with bounty hunting--I'd like to scheme a way to stealth kill a handful of the lookouts and sneak in to hogtie the bounty, but the click click click puts unnecessary pressure on the situation. 

 

I was so excited they added another stealth mission but this game still has broken mechanics, so the sneaking part doesn't always work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
16 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I was under the impression that on Posse Assassination jobs the game simply targets whichever player/posse is closest?

 

Maybe your session was rather empty and those were the only ones the game could target for you?

 

Just tryin’ to make sense of something nonsensical, I guess...

They changed it. It targets the player/posse with highest hostility level now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Direwrath

This is why I always stay where I am when I get the prompt that I have been targeted for assassination, with the hope that the player can reach me in time. I am pretty fair, and really don't want to make another player lose out on the mission because of a time issue and all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
1 hour ago, Direwrath said:

This is why I always stay where I am when I get the prompt that I have been targeted for assassination, with the hope that the player can reach me in time. I am pretty fair, and really don't want to make another player lose out on the mission because of a time issue and all.

Props to you for doing that.

 

Personally, I think the player/posse assassination is one of the very few justified timers. When you get targeted you're locked out of everything else, so if the player targeting you decided not to come after you for whatever reason, with no timer you'd be forced to change lobby.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
6 hours ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Props to you for doing that.

 

Personally, I think the player/posse assassination is one of the very few justified timers. When you get targeted you're locked out of everything else, so if the player targeting you decided not to come after you for whatever reason, with no timer you'd be forced to change lobby.


I change lobbies anyway, when I get targeted for assassination. I'm always in Defensive Mode, which should exclude me from being able to be targeted. So, if it does happen, the lobby is broken and who knows what else goes all wrong then. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc101
On 2/1/2020 at 11:05 AM, ALifeOfMisery said:

It's all part of R*s backwards system of basing payouts on time taken.

 

I hate timed missions and payouts based on time taken. All timers should be scrapped, each undertaking should have a set payout and players should be left to play however they enjoy the game most.

Quite.

It should be the complete opposite, as in you get the bounty in the shortest amount of time, then you get the biggest payout.

And this is not just limited to games; everything has to happen NOW! Rush, rush, rush! It feels like everybody is hopped up on crystal meth.

"Speed! Give me what I need!"

 

But yeah, scrap the whole timer f*ckery and give us a set amount.

 

Edited by Doc101
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst
On 1/31/2020 at 3:09 PM, kcole4001 said:

Bounties do this WAY too much.

Take on a bounty at Emerald Station, have to go to the slaughterhouse in St Denis (the mission I hate most anyway).

 

And by the time you cross the Le Moyne border the target has gotten away?!?!??!??

 

NO!

Bounties exist across state lines for a reason.  Local Law enforcement (which all of these bounties are issued by) have no jurisdiction outside their own State.

 

The posse assignation time limit though?  Yeh, that’s bullsh*t.  Especially since a Posse can scramble across

the map and be more than a minute apart from each other by the time you catch up to any of them.

 

That being said - never accept posse assignations without actually being in a well-manned one.

On 2/1/2020 at 7:38 AM, ventogt said:

I agree that timers should either largely or completely be scrapped.  The worst is the moonshiner missions where they give you like 4:00 to poison the still when there are 20 guys camping out.  I'd love to do a stealth approach, and always try but usually it's getting too close to time running out so I just blow it up.  Same with bounty hunting--I'd like to scheme a way to stealth kill a handful of the lookouts and sneak in to hogtie the bounty, but the click click click puts unnecessary pressure on the situation. 

Stealth is easier in this game than people make it out to be.  There isn’t a single moonshiner location I cannot stealth in and out of.

 

Though only like 1 of them I can do so without bloodshed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204
23 hours ago, Doc101 said:

But yeah, scrap the whole timer f*ckery and give us a set amount.

 

Yes

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ventogt
On 2/2/2020 at 2:50 PM, DarksunDaFirst said:

Stealth is easier in this game than people make it out to be.  There isn’t a single moonshiner location I cannot stealth in and out of.

 

Though only like 1 of them I can do so without bloodshed.

I'd love to see how you do it.  I'm not a bad player and have quite the challenge doing this--probably a 20% success rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DarksunDaFirst
11 hours ago, ventogt said:

I'd love to see how you do it.  I'm not a bad player and have quite the challenge doing this--probably a 20% success rate.

Well I guess I could run a few bootlegger missions and post a vid on YouTube.  I’ll see what I can get around to today or tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GEИESIS

- Start a bounty from Valentine

- Bounty is at Saint Denis

- Get there, tie up the bounty but enemies spawns and kills me cuz I'm careless

- Spawn 1ft away, f*cking 1ft! "Bounty got away"

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver
On 2/1/2020 at 7:38 AM, ventogt said:

I agree that timers should either largely or completely be scrapped.  The worst is the moonshiner missions where they give you like 4:00 to poison the still when there are 20 guys camping out.  I'd love to do a stealth approach, and always try but usually it's getting too close to time running out so I just blow it up.

Spiking the stills ain’t hard, at least not the ones you get when you’re based in Amberino. All the one’s I’ve seen, you only need to slip past 2-3 NPCs to get to the still. Easily doable with a bow.

 

On 2/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, areyouchappin said:

 

I was so excited they added another stealth mission but this game still has broken mechanics, so the sneaking part doesn't always work.

Stealth works great in this game, far better than any other R* title. The issue is the cone-o-vision they use is a dramatic downgrade from GTA 5’s. There’s no actual indication of how far enemies can see, so it’s basically impossible to be strategic with sneaking. It’s all up to chance. I don’t know of any other game with stealth that lacks a proper representation of where NPCs can and cannot see. Even Metal Gear on the the SNES got that right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neemo

I dont know why i have to stand up like a jackass to throw a damn knife!?

 

I've completed a few of them but i fet caught more often than i succeed and i consider myself pretty decent at most stealth mechanics for any game that I've played

Edited by Neemo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GrungeNinja
11 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Stealth works great in this game, far better than any other R* title. The issue is the cone-o-vision they use is a dramatic downgrade from GTA 5’s. There’s no actual indication of how far enemies can see, so it’s basically impossible to be strategic with sneaking


Since R* games are getting more into a realistic feel, I like to think that npc’s can see you from afar like a real person, their cone vision is just a representation of the direction of their view, so I tend to sneak way far like if I was sneaking from a player (if we had no player blips on radar).

 

7 hours ago, Neemo said:

I dont know why i have to stand up like a jackass to throw a damn knife!?


Excuse me if I’m wrong, I am no expert in throwing weapons, but can you throw them with the same strengh and effectiveness while crouched compared to standing still ? Maybe thats the reason.

Edited by GrungeNinja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
23 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

Spiking the stills ain’t hard, at least not the ones you get when you’re based in Amberino. All the one’s I’ve seen, you only need to slip past 2-3 NPCs to get to the still. Easily doable with a bow.

 

Stealth works great in this game, far better than any other R* title. The issue is the cone-o-vision they use is a dramatic downgrade from GTA 5’s. There’s no actual indication of how far enemies can see, so it’s basically impossible to be strategic with sneaking. It’s all up to chance. I don’t know of any other game with stealth that lacks a proper representation of where NPCs can and cannot see. Even Metal Gear on the the SNES got that right

The stealth system is easy as hell to use in RDR2 Single Player(no issues at all), but in RDO it is completely unpredictable and that, by my standards, is a terrible stealth mode.

 

If they put the "Poison the Stills" inside of a mission-load, it would probably work better but it occurs inside Free Roam where the stealth mode can not be scripted(like during missions or LBH bounties).

Edited by areyouchappin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.