Adlinks

MrFinger

@MrFinger you are correct, its my mistake, i was using them for reference at first and i didnt intend to have them in the package, @Junior_Djjr please remove them

Edited by ernestin1

7 hours ago, ernestin1 said:

@MrFinger you are correct, its my mistake, i was using them for reference at first and i didnt intend to have them in the package, @Junior_Djjr please remove them

I have no idea which file you are talking about.

edit: now I saw the private message.

@MrFinger

Can't ernestin just ask permission and let it use? After all, we are on the same goal here, it seems that you are treating this as a competition, the more we get together the easier it will be to get a good mod to improve this game.

It would be interesting for you to join in this project instead of recreating what you have already done, this makes it possible to focus on things not yet fixed.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Junior_Djjr's Workshop
All my mods at same place (300+ mods!)

Check my new modding forum:
Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

3 hours ago, Junior_Djjr said:

@MrFingerCan't ernestin just ask permission and let it use? After all, we are on the same goal here, it seems that you are treating this as a competition, the more we get together the easier it will be to get a good mod to improve this game.

It would be interesting for you to join in this project instead of recreating what you have already done, this makes it possible to focus on things not yet fixed.

No, that's not a competition, if the people would want those fixes then they would download beta leftovers fix instead and I'm not giving permission no matter what. What was not yet fixed I will include in beta leftovers fix and I'm not interested in joining this project. And I don't really want my mods to be stolen, like you are getting so much money for someone's work.

3 hours ago, MrFinger said:

No, that's not a competition, if the people would want those fixes then they would download beta leftovers fix instead and I'm not giving permission no matter what. What was not yet fixed I will include in beta leftovers fix and I'm not interested in joining this project. And I don't really want my mods to be stolen, like you are getting so much money for someone's work.

You're being too offensive, ernestin1 didn't want to stole you, he explained that it was just an accident and apologized to you, was not intentional, just accept his excuses and keep it up.

But sad that you do not want to give permission for another project to use the fixes you created, in Brazil people are very open to it, I don't know about other countries and websites, but in my opinion it seems to me that at GTAForums people are too competitive .

As I said, we are all having the same goal here, there is no reason for "if you want my fixes, download my mod", it would be great if the fix mods turned into just one. Imagine if it were not like that with SilentPatch or MixSets.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

We're not competitive, almost everyone here (if not literally everyone) is open for teamwork or any kind of help for various modifications. If we ask someone for permission to use a mod made by them, we do that, wait for their response. respect their answer and vice-versa.

Using someone's else mods without any sign towards them (or even if the person asked says "no" and we use its mod anyway) is quite prohibited here. It's just... not fair-play.

The main point here is asking for permission.

Edited by Matt1010

3 hours ago, Matt1010 said:

We're not competitive, almost everyone here (if not literally everyone) is open for teamwork or any kind of help for various modifications. If we ask someone for permission to use a mod made by them, we do that, wait for their response. respect their answer and vice-versa.

Using someone's else mods without any sign towards them (or even if the person asked says "no" and we use its mod anyway) is quite prohibited here. It's just... not fair-play.

The main point here is asking for permission.

Yes, I'm asking for permission exactly now, I didn't understand why you wrote this for me.

In fact, neither is this, because the project is not mine, it was just a tip that he could help with this project.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

5 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

Yes, I'm asking for permission exactly now, I didn't understand why you wrote this for me.

In fact, neither is this, because the project is not mine, it was just a tip that he could help with this project.

It's kinda too late to ask for permission now, because I doubt MrFinger will approve after what happened to his work.

4 minutes ago, Matt1010 said:

It's kinda too late to ask for permission now, because I doubt MrFinger will approve after what happened to his work.

Exactly.

But it was an accident, I don't think it should be that way, ernestin1 didn't do it intentionally.

Including he is only unofficially updating the mod, the author of the mod is YOEL_44, this is just an unofficial update.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

@Junior_DjjrI really doubt it was an accident, as at mixmods it's written that I allowed to use my assets, I think ernestin1 thought that I'm not gonna notice that but let's not talk about. Anyways, you have 24 hours to remove them, otherwise I will use report button.

1 hour ago, MrFinger said:

as at mixmods it's written that I allowed to use my assets

What? Where? I never ever said that to any mod other than mine.

If I said that is allowed to use your mod for another mod, you can ban me from this forum forever. I would never say such nonsense.

Anyways, you have 24 hours to remove them, otherwise I will use report button.

I deleted the files even before sending my first message.

And why would you report? You have no proof that ernestin1 did this intentionally. Be more skeptical, don't draw conclusions than you have no proof.

Calm down, I'm sure he didn't want to steal from you, anyway, during this update there were several slips of his in private messages (he forgot about compression, mipmaps etc). He often makes these small mistakes, like forgot some files, but he is a nice guy.

I don't even know why I'm defending him so much, he's not even my personal friend, we just talk sometimes here.

I just think you're being too offensive to him without evidence. If you can prove it I'll be by your side for sure — except for the "if someone want my fixes, download my mod", this I disagree.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

STAFF NOTE: This member has been warned for his remark when this post was made. Normal members cannot see other members' warnings and as such there is no way for you to assume they haven't been warned. Stop wasting the moderators' time by spam reporting it, or you'll be warned as well for spamming the report system just because you don't like the fact we banned one of your favourite mod creators.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:04 PM, Junior_Djjr said:

What? Where? I never ever said that to any mod other than mine.

Screenshot_20191229-224845.png

"with consent of original author" and most of those fixes listed below are from beta leftovers fix

You have no proof that ernestin1 did this intentionally. Be more skeptical, don't draw conclusions than you have no proof.

That was just my theory, don't take it too seriously. But I still think that he just stole them.

Calm down, I'm sure he didn't want to steal from you, anyway, during this update there were several slips of his in private messages (he forgot about compression, mipmaps etc). He often makes these small mistakes, like forgot some files, but he is a nice guy.

Nope, ernestin is very f*cking annoying guy and have a proof

Screenshot_20191229-230505.png

So many annoying questions.

And I'm never gonna shake hands to Brazilian.

Edited by Spider-Vice

I've reviewed the last few posts of this topic @Junior_Djjr please remove the aspects of the mod that @MrFinger has asked to be removed, as confirmed by @ernestin1.  It does appear that it was a genuine mistake that these elements were left in as @ernestin1 confirmed above, as @MrFinger doesn't want these to be in the mod, then please kindly remove them.

That being said @MrFinger we don't appreciate comments like "And I'm never gonna shake to a Brazilian" around here, it's not appropriate, and it's not polite to share PM's without the persons permission, and to call them out as well whilst doing it.

Now if we could go back to the topic at hand.  Thank you

wZVJHXg.png

@MrFinger the part in @Junior_Djjr Mixmods post where he states that we have permission of the original author, he means the original autor of the map textures fix author,Yoel, the PM you sent pics of, were personal opinions I shared with your regarding how the mod could improve, i wasnt demanding for anything to be changed, that being said, we should all calm down and not be rude to anyone because of their nationality, I take full responsability for your files being used accidentaly in the updates I made to the mod, since Junior removed them, please check if we missed something, in case we didnt, please PM me with whats left to remove

9 hours ago, MrFinger said:

"with consent of original author" and most of those fixes listed below are from beta leftovers fix

Original author of Map Textures Fix is YOEL_44... ...and no, I'm not saying that YOEL_44 had Beta Leftovers Fix consent.

8 hours ago, Crokey said:

I've reviewed the last few posts of this topic @Junior_Djjr please remove the aspects of the mod that @MrFinger has asked to be removed, as confirmed by @ernestin1.  It does appear that it was a genuine mistake that these elements were left in as @ernestin1 confirmed above, as @MrFinger doesn't want these to be in the mod, then please kindly remove them.

Guys, I said I removed the files from my site writing my first message.

Including this update It's not mine, I just posted his mod, I'm not in this project right now (maybe soon), I'm just here to defend Ernestin — honestly I shouldn't have tried, I turned the center, the problem is with him, not me.

For my part (remove his files) I did it as soon as possible, just as I read the message I opened the .7z file to delete the files first of all. I even asked for the file list even before seeing the list in private messages, so I edited my first message when the files was updated. I didn't wait a second for that.

8 hours ago, Crokey said:

That being said @MrFinger we don't appreciate comments like "And I'm never gonna shake to a Brazilian" around here, it's not appropriate

Really, it's xenophobia.

This can demonstrate why he is like this to me. I never talked to him before.

not that I'm so proud of my country, but

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

14 hours ago, MrFinger said:

2019, in a rising globalized world, within a community that only grew up by joining forces for a game, and there are still extremely stupid and xenophobic people like you, in fact, that verges on racism. But come on, I don't want to slap on idiots, but I don't think you should even be here, a community is made up of united people, regardless of nationality or personal belief, who use their skills to contribute to their development. You'll never "shake hands with a Brazilian", so uninstall your GTA's modloader, ironic, isn't it? One of the best mod tools was created by a Brazilian, as well as dozens of mods that most of us use and don't even realize it. I care little about your reasons for being prejudiced, there is no justification for such a stupid and backward thinking. I don't have to be a Brazilian or a Venezuelan to be outraged at such stupidity, but I decided to leave my comment to people who have the least common sense.

Just one addendum: Uninstall your modloader, as it wouldn't exist without Brazilian modders, thankfully your handshake doesn't mean a damn thing.

Edited by daniel69
Addendum

@daniel69Link2012 is an exception, unlike the Junior_Djjr who reuploads mods on his sh*tty website without asking for permission and gets so much money for ads, that's why I don't like Brazilian community. But let's stop talking about it and close this subject.

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1

53 minutes ago, MrFinger said:

@daniel69Link2012 is an exception, unlike the Junior_Djjr who reuploads mods on his sh*tty website without asking for permission and gets so much money for ads, that's why I don't like Brazilian community. But let's stop talking about it and close this subject.

You know LINK/2012 today because of me and my "sh*tty website".

LINK/2012 was my second virtual friend almost 1 decade ago.

We started to create mods together on my "sh*tty website" (until today he's a postter there, but don't post anymore), and we decided to create a team called BMS (Brazilian Modding Studio) that brings together the best modders in Brazil to create big projects.

My "sh*tty website" created a forum exclusively dedicated to teaching how to create mods, that brought together 3,700 users, 254,000 posts. Has recently changed the url and system and has 23,000 posts and 1,500 users.

Literally hundreds, if not thousands of modders have started creating mods because of my "sh*tty website". This is where the two main CLEO tutorials in the world are located, one from LINK/2012 and another by me with his help.

LINK/2012 grew on my "sh*tty website", and that's where he started releasing trial versions of ModLoader as early as 2013. Then we started a game development team, and today he works at Brazilian Google.

Of course I can't draw conclusions about future changes, but I can say that probably if it wasn't for the Brazilian you didn't want to shake hands with, and for the "sh*tty website", you, and no one reading this, would have LINK/2012 and ModLoader. Isn't that ironic?

And you can't install GTA SA mods on PS2 either, because it was because of this guy that you just answered that today there is modding for PS2. Another Brazilian. Another guy that started from the "sh*tty website".

The modder that created the most GTA mods in the world is also a brazilian, me. From the "sh*tty website".

My "sh*tty website" receives many visits from Venezuela, and it was with it that I did a public survey that drew attention even from MBL, the group that started the impeachment of our former president Dilma.

My site has cured people of depression and drug use. Only the people who told me were around 10. But surely there is much more.

I can also become selfish: I live far from the city and because of my website today I have a lot of friends and a girlfriend (also modder) who will most likely be my wife.

Ads? This is obvious, money is required for sites to work, so there is no option to have no ads, either it exists and receives money, or the site doesn't exist. Even GTA Forums is making money from your mods. Having a website is not free. In fact my forum costs $6 a month, and I only get $4 from it (CPM in Brazil is a sh*t).

It's the same as youtubers making videos with your mods; same is the case with news and entertainment sites promoting products. 

Brazil is probably the second country that most plays and mod GTA San Andreas in the world, behind Russia; probably Indonesia too. Do you know how this happened? I have a tip: my site is 8 years old and is the largest in Brazil and Latin America.

So I would like to ask a simple question: After all this you read, you think my site should cease to exist? Just answer yes or no and the subject is closed. I'll stop posting.

Just now, Stormfall said:

djjr é mal intencionado

Eu concordo.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

@Junior_DjjrI totally don't care how many people growth with it, how many posts, who's visiting the website, I don't like it because you are reuploading mods without asking for permission.

am not someone so important in this forum ... but how can it be possible for
someone to talk about junior like that? Junior is one of the best modders out there, he
even won last year for his feat in VehFuncs, how far Can racism arrive? For me, the problem
is that Mr. Finger would like to achieve what Junior has achieved, and since he cannot, he
has to start dropping excrement from his mouth

I clarify that I am really not someone
important in this forum. but I can't repress my desire to express my disgust at seeing such
productive person act in that wrong way

Edited by VercettiV7

36 minutes ago, MrFinger said:

@Junior_DjjrI totally don't care how many people growth with it, how many posts, who's visiting the website

I just wrote this because of your previous messages:

16 hours ago, MrFinger said:

I'm showing how ironic you are to say that. My "sh*tty website" created your exception, and Brazil is one of the most important countries in GTA modding.

36 minutes ago, MrFinger said:

I don't like it because you are reuploading mods without asking for permission.

My site has almost 4,000 posts in 8 years, you know how many were deleted because the author asked? 1. And he later apologized to me and wanted to help with a project of mine.

It is pointless to ask permission to share mods every day, I completely understand using work from one person to another, but sharing should be free to reach more people as long as the credits are well preserved. And we give a lot of value to it, 2 days ago I banned a person because I thought they stole a mod, but that's just because he didn't give clear credits.

I always search for correct author, people thank me for posting their mod as this is proof of the original author, after all, if your mod is posted on a large site, no one will want to try to steal your mod because people will find out, so my site is very important for small modders. This is not your case because you already have fame, so you do not understand this point.

If you don't want your mod there, I remove your Beta Leftovers Fix and I'll never post your mods there. Or better, I change the link for your link. My goal is to bring mods to other languages and countries, so the posts are important because I always translate your change logs and add incompatibility notes.

However, if this is your wish, you will also have to act against other sites that do the same thing, otherwise I will consider that you are stalking me. This is not to be treated personally, much less about my nationality.

And then you ask me, why reupload and not use the original link? For ease of installation. Not all needs to, but most are interesting to organize files and instructions, add incompatibility warnings, and most importantly, I fix the mods before posting there. 

I have a policy to fix mods bugs before posting there, and then I warn the author and pass the fixed mod link to it (sometimes I don't have time, like the fix is subtle, or the author doesn't seem active anyway). And obviously none of them say "Hey, you fixed my mod without permission! Delete it! My mod need to stay bugged!" this would make no sense, in all these years I only get compliments for acting this way.

So, reupload is not an option, it is a necessity, but if the person doesn't want it, just contact me and I'll change the link. And what changes is my link or yours? I even include the original mod link in all posts (except years ago because at the time I didn't care about that). So if the person doesn't want to download from my link, they have the option to download from the original source. Oh, and there is also the option of not visiting my site, and use adblock.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

2 hours ago, Junior_Djjr said:

It is pointless to ask permission to share mods every day

Não.

É uma questão de educação e respeito ao trabalho alheio. E se o mixmods fosse só um site de mods em português eu ficaria quieto, mas não é. Tu literalmente ganha dinheiro em cima do trabalho dos outros na maioria das vezes sem premissão (ou sem conhecimento) e eu aposto que nunca passou pela sua cabeça em dividir os lucros com os verdadeiros autores.

Cada um é livre pra fazer o que quiser, mas ação gera reação. O que tu faz no mixmods é no mínimo anti ético. Em alguns países até pode ser criminoso, mods podem ser considerados propriedade intelectual e isso é coisa séria.

Como eu disse, ação gera reação, você toca o site do que jeito que você quer, mas entenda que várias pessoas com muita razão vão discordar do seu jeito. E quando essas pessoas vierem reclamar, você pode rebater o quanto quiser mas no fim das contas você tá errado.

I'm not talking about ads, I'm talking those bullsh*t adfly links, and yes I know there are options to download without them, but they shouldn't exist in the first place. Unless you got explicit permission from authors or they are your own mods, there should be no adfly, period,

So you divide the spoils? Good! My ps2 map and restore peds mods are hosted on your site, so please contatc me on dm to talk about my roayties.

16 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

It's not even the same scenario. 

Users share their mods here if they want to, and link them to wherever they want to. You on the other hand go out of your way to collect them, and link to where's best for you. 

If all you want is to have a blog to share mods there's plenty of free options out there, that's no excuse.   

• Like 3

Stop this right now, this is not the place to start a racist rant, a public disclosure or any other selfish bullsh*t, if you guys have something to say about this mod then say it, if not, you can stop this nonsense.

I respect what Junior makes because is a work of love and quality, I could also say that russian steal mods, but I cannot say that of DimZet13 who makes some of the best mods and resources for modders on his site, and it has provided the base for a lot of this textures.

Also, if you think your mod is in such a superior level that no one can touch it, you're pathetic, the best mods are made when people understand each other and colaborate to make things better, I had also a texture taken, but with a single message on the forums my name got credited and I even didn't ask him to remove it, wich I think is the correct way of doing things.

It's also very explicit in the modding rules at the top of this forum what is our stance with links that give the modder monetary compensation in any way, advertisements or number of downloads. Linking to your own mods where the link is just an ad.fly or ShareMods (which gives you money per X amount of downloads, or users can give you even more money by choosing the Premium option) is absolutely not allowed, you either use a free mirror or you post the ad link AND a mirror. It's made worse by the fact you upload other people's mods to those services, where the money goes to you and solely you.

This could very easily be twisted into mod theft.

• Like 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

1 minute ago, El Dorado said:

I'm not talking about ads, I'm talking those bullsh*t adfly links, and yes I know there are options to download without them, but they shouldn't exist in the first place.

This was removed about 2 years ago, lol.

But what's the difference between a site advertisement and adfly anyway? Aside from the fact that you are required to turn off adblock to download the mod. I didn't liked too, the in-page ads are very better.

6 minutes ago, El Dorado said:

So you divide the spoils? Good! My ps2 map and restore peds mods are hosted on your site, so please contatc me on dm to talk about my roayties.

I don't treat it as royality, I treat it as a real donation. It is not valid to treat this as a job, as if someone were my "employee", we should treat this as helping each other.

But if you want to treat it like a royalty, and I give you 50% of all the gain (after all, the rest is for the site), all right, it's 21k views (16k for ps2 map and 5k for restore peds), my current AdSense CPM is 25 cents, so it's $5.25. The average of adblock users is 50%, so it's $2.62. If you count adfly's time, considering the average percentage of views vs. downloads without adblock and the time (including for the time, which MixMods was less visited), I don't have the numbers, but I think it's around $2.9, but this is posted by Amilton, so you can ask him $0.28, I can pay you $2.62. And you will have to give a portion to those who helped you.

If you really want this I send you now and I'll put your donation link on my site donation page.

12 minutes ago, uNi said:

It's not even the same scenario. 

Users share their mods here if they want to, and link them to wherever they want to. You on the other hand go out of your way to collect them, and link to where's best for you. 

If all you want is to have a blog to share mods there's plenty of free options out there, that's no excuse.   

I know this is a better case here, but the point is "you can't make money" but GTAForums is making money for the simple reason that you are coming here to comment on this. Money is running all the time, sites need this. A youtuber is making money creating a video with your mods. A news site needs to make money upon your father's death.

I have already explained this, either this or my site does not exist. And if my site didn't exist, many here probably wouldn't be here today. There is no other option, it would be nice if I could live on donations - but on second thought, not using adblock theoretically is a form of donation.

Only at GTA Forums do people say this because there are big modders here that don't need my site to gain recognition.

When a small modder posts a mod here on GTA Forums, he is completely ignored. On my site he gets more recognition:

http://brmodstudio.forumeiros.com/t6163-atualizado-in-game-commands-changer-alterar-keys-cheats-de-scripts-in-game

https://www.mixmods.com.br/2017/03/in-game-key-changer-mudar-trocar-escolher-comandos-mods.html

Do you realize the difference? Posting to GTA Forums is not always a better option. There must be a website in a particular country, for people, and for the website to exist, you must make money.

Including, almost half of the mods on my site are created by ourselves, and all the people who created believe that someday their mod will be posted there, and when it is first posted they are always very happy for the recognition it received.

People are saying this to me because I'm here, but what about all the other sites? Anyone can post a mod of my on GTA Inside, Liberty City, GTA All, GTA Modding etc, and people really do it. Are you guys against the other sites too? Can only be GTA Forums?

From the beginning I would like to stop this conversation, I'm not attacking, I'm just defending myself.

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

Junior, I took a lot of good and high-quality mods from your site ... I  follow MixMods site and the Facebook page for a long time ...
... but I don’t understand why you made this post ... I read the comments - this is terrible ...

• Bruh 1

1 minute ago, jahmshut said:

but I don’t understand why you made this post

Go back to the back page, he said that to me. Really sad to see a person doing explicit xenophobia against me.

If this were my forum, and for any other country, I would have banned it. It's not just a matter of saying "you can't say that", the person is like that.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Junior_Djjr's Workshop

Forum.MixMods.com.br

My blog:
MixMods.com.br

5 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

Go back to the back page, he said that to me. Really sad to see a person doing explicit xenophobia against me.

If this were my forum, and for any other country, I would have banned it. It's not just a matter of saying "you can't say that", the person is like that.

Members was dealt with for that comment. 

What about the users on your FB page?

• Like 1