Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

SireElite

Territory Glitch Question [X box 360]

Recommended Posts

SireElite

Hey guys, I'm trying to do the territory glitch on the Xbox 360 version, currently I've done the one where if there is a hood attack, you lure them into territory and kill them. This works pretty much all the time but it's really long and sometimes I fail considering how long it takes. I've been trying to lure them into San Fierro / Las Venturas but considering how far that is and how long it takes to lure them, I'll lose the timer before I do it. 

 

Are there any ways of getting them all the way to LV/SF without using cheats? The Satchel glitch doesn't work for me oddly, when I detonate it they don't die, probably because of the range or it despawning.

Edited by lil weasel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricbit

Well, the only way I see is to try to kill them in some town not so far from the territory you are attacking, For example: If you are attacking some territory of Temple take them to Dillimore. And you get the territory you wait for a band attack you fail and ready, Territory of the Ballas / Vagos, And so you are going from town to town until you reach the city you want. Although you see that I tried this and failed a few times either because Dillimore does not come to attack me or I just die before I put the bombs on them, but I'm sure it works :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OrionSR

You should review Rhans' Territory Glitch Playlist on Youtube. It looks like it documents the process to accomplish your goal. I would expect any turf exploit that doesn't involve glitching low density turfs by flying off the main map to work as described on Xbox 360. 

 

If you get stuck, I helped with a lot of the testing and theoretical work regarding territory glitches and might be able to help clarify how the exploits are supposed to work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big_Smiley
2 hours ago, SireElite said:

Are there any ways of getting them all the way to LV/SF without using cheats? The Satchel glitch doesn't work for me oddly, when I detonate it they don't die, probably because of the range or it despawning.

After years of experimenting on the PS2 and original Xbox, it's extremely difficult to do these methods without the use of cheats. Especially if your looking to expand any gangware fare in other cities of SF and LV. Or even just expanding GSF turf. If you notice the many walkthroughs on Youtube consist of PC players only attempting all these glitches. This might be the case with some kind use of"timer mods". The rest of the walkthroughs on console show the use of certain cheats. Are the use of no cheats that important to you by any means? What would be the case here. Unless your going for 100% for any other reason. Extra save files do come in handy.

 

The satchel method should always work ONLY if you want to expand GSF homies to other cities in LV and SF. The majority of times if it doesn't work, it's the timer that ran out. It may help as an advice to stick two bombs on the attacking gang members instead of just one bomb on each member. This way it should secure the glitch and allow it to work properly. Make sure in any furture event of doing this glitch if you are in a area and you donated the bomb and you didn't get the message "That showed them! The area remains yours" Haul ass back to the territory attacked and it should  complete. If done correctly you should have that area now under control of GSF where it donated. The issue here is if your attempting to do these in other cities it's difficult without the use of cheats due to the timer always running out the majority of times. Using the flying cars cheat is extremely helpful in these methods. The reason why I have backup save files. There really can't be another way here without the use of cheats unfortunately. All of these methods have granted me gang wars in LV with Vagos and Balla gang members. Aztecas in Vagos hood in Los Flores. Vagos in El Corna with Aztecas. My next move is moving San Ferrio Riffa gang members onto LS turfs with Vagos and Aztecas. Very interesting stuff using third party gangs in LS :p 

 

 

1 hour ago, Ricbit said:

Although you see that I tried this and failed a few times either because Dillimore does not come to attack me or I just die before I put the bombs on them, but I'm sure it works

Dillimore is set in the  Countryside. Any area outside of LS, LV, and SF. Gang membes will not spawn. Gangs are scripted to not spawn in any area of the countryside in the game files outside the three cities. No matter if you create Balla or GSF turf in Dillimore and even have a colored map on the location, it will not spawn any gang members whatsoever. The same story with the desert sections in LV. Try doing these in the cities where gangs have spawning capabilities.

 

Edited by Big_Smiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SireElite
50 minutes ago, Big_Smiley said:

The rest of the walkthroughs on console show the use of certain cheats. Are the use of no cheats that important to you by any means? What would be the case here. Unless your going for 100% for any other reason. Extra save files do come in handy.

 

Mainly cause it disables achievements, I always had an odd feeling I'd go back to that save for 100% or whatever, I used up all my save slots. I guess you're right though, there may be a point where I might have to resort to cheats.

 

54 minutes ago, Big_Smiley said:

The satchel method should always work ONLY if you want to expand GSF homies to other cities in LV and SF. The majority of times if it doesn't work, it's the timer that ran out. It may help as an advice to stick two bombs on the attacking gang members instead of just one bomb on each member. This way it should secure the glitch and allow it to work properly. Make sure in any furture event of doing this glitch if you are in a area and you donated the bomb and you didn't get the message "That showed them! The area remains yours" Haul ass back to the territory attacked and it should  complete. If done correctly you should have that area now under control of GSF where it donated. The issue here is if your attempting to do these in other cities it's difficult without the use of cheats due to the timer always running out the majority of times. Using the flying cars cheat is extremely helpful in these methods. The reason why I have backup save files. There really can't be another way here without the use of cheats unfortunately. All of these methods have granted me gang wars in LV with Vagos and Balla gang members. Aztecas in Vagos hood in Los Flores. Vagos in El Corna with Aztecas. My next move is moving San Ferrio Riffa gang members onto LS turfs with Vagos and Aztecas. Very interesting stuff using third party gangs in LS :p 

 

 

The satchel method is weird, I go to LV/SF and detonate it, it does go off but there blip is still on the map. I don't have the time to go back to the territory itself though, and yes I do stick two bombs on each, sometimes even three. I don't get the "That showed them!" message either, so yeah.

 

Another question, if I did the glitch which would give Ballas/Vagos territory on a territory I own with 10+ Density, if I let them take it and then initate a gang war, will the GSF Density increase or still remain 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OrionSR

Your experience with long-distance satchel charges not triggering the exploit matches my memory of this strategy. 

 

A gangwar will transfer roughly 1/3rd of the density from other gangs to GSF for each wave completed.

 

It looks like the strategy used is to add density for a rival gang and GSF to the point where an attack can occur in that zone and using this turf as a stepping stone towards the other cities. Taking over the previous turfs should force a particular zone to be selected for the next attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SireElite
9 minutes ago, OrionSR said:

Your experience with long-distance satchel charges not triggering the exploit matches my memory of this strategy. 

 

A gangwar will transfer roughly 1/3rd of the density from other gangs to GSF for each wave completed.

 

It looks like the strategy used is to add density for a rival gang and GSF to the point where an attack can occur in that zone and using this turf as a stepping stone towards the other cities. Taking over the previous turfs should force a particular zone to be selected for the next attack.

So it is possible to gain more density if you add rival density to that territory and initiate a gang war? Also yeah, if you complete the first wave and lose the 2nd/3rd, that territory will be marked for attacks. How would that be used as a stepping stone for other cities though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OrionSR

It would be best to check for more concrete examples from Rhans. I haven't watched all the videos so I'm making assumptions based on video titles. But, take over all turfs enough to prevent attacks in any zone but the stepping stone - zone 1, then repeat the process to add grove density to zone 2, a little closer to the other city. Add a bunch of rival density, take over enough to allow attacks, and then take over zone 1, forcing the next attack in zone 2.

 

Added: There's a lots of weird rules to turf exploits and I'm not current on the details. I'm pretty sure that grove must have some density in a zone before density can be added for other gangs. And... You can prevent a zone from being selected for attack by being in the zone, forcing another zone to be selected. 

Edited by OrionSR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big_Smiley
2 hours ago, SireElite said:

The satchel method is weird, I go to LV/SF and detonate it, it does go off but there blip is still on the map. I don't have the time to go back to the territory itself though, and yes I do stick two bombs on each, sometimes even three. I don't get the "That showed them!" message either, so yeah.

Apologies if my first part of my post confused a bit. A total of three bombs on three attacking gang members. I sometimes add an extra second "bomb" on on the three gang members I chose to throw bombs on to secure the glitch. Forgive me if this is a bit confusing, lol. I just want clarify on this method. 

 

And there is your issue by the way. You don't have time to go back and secure any gang member that may still be alive. Again there's where the flying cars cheat comes in handy. Even with the Jetpack if theres enough time. That's why on certain occasions I stick each sticky bomb on every single gang member that is attacking my hood. From there after donating the bomb in an area it almost immediately works. Unfortunately yes, sticking bombs on every member is hard without killing CJ. So I use the infinate health cheat in this matter :/ I completely understand about the  achievements though. I had forgotten that the remaster ports had achievements. The only solution as of now would be as you said "you didn't have any free slots available" deleting any slot you redeem unnecessary. For example keeping your save file you want to gain achievements and 100% completion etc... and use a separate file to work on gang turf glitches. Other than that it's a bit unclear how else could you experiment with these turf glitches without the time running out and without the use of cheats. I'm saying this within my knowledge of doing these glitches on consoles for years since 2007 when I was active on NeoGaf back in the days. It's vastly different when it comes to the PC version of SA. With mods everything is easier as you could place them anywhere with mods.

 

 

2 hours ago, SireElite said:

Another question, if I did the glitch which would give Ballas/Vagos territory on a territory I own with 10+ Density, if I let them take it and then initate a gang war, will the GSF Density increase or still remain 10?

From what I seen when I had Whitewood Estates in LV completely controled by the Ballas, meaning a very intense dark purple color. You couldn't drive pass there without getting your tires shot out from the many gang members spawning in groups it as it was completely run by ballas, which used to be GSF's original hood in the first place.

 

"To get Ballas or Vagos density in a extra location around either in LS, LV, SF that area "MUST" be originally controlled by the Grove ST Familes first. Just a quick tip if you didn't know already. Lets say you want Camel's toe in LV to be controlled by the Vagos that area MUST already have had GSF turf density to get Vagos or Ballas spawing in that area. It applies to anywhere on the map with in Los Santos, Las Venturas, and San Ferrio." Gang members (DO NOT) spawn outside the three cities. Don't bother doing these glitches in the Countryside or the Desert areas in LV as it's useless.

 

Bayside docks in San Ferrio is considered a city in the game files so Gang members WILL spawn in that small location. It's automatically VAGOS hood in the original PS2 version after the mission,  ("Saints. Mark's Bistro") for Salvatore Leone. Since flying to Liberty City in that specific mission opens up a few turfs in other locations.

 

 

But to answer your main question 

 

2 hours ago, SireElite said:

if I let them take it and then initate a gang war, will the GSF Density increase or still remain 10?

Whitewood Estates in LV was controlled by Ballas for example. I started a gang war with my GSF homies there and we were in for a tough fight since the area was dark purple that means we had to fight three waves of rival Balla gang members. We won the area back 

 

WR9Htuw.jpg

 

Now you can't really can't see it here but this area has a dark green color meaning that once again GSF spawn by the second and can be seen hanging out in groups. Not sure the correct density number but must be higher than 10. Once you take over that rival territory by Ballas or Vagos in any area you have them in, that area will show a dark green color after you win the gang war. I'm not on the pro side when it comes to density numbers. But it has to be more than 10 meaning more  influence, etc... Equivalent to one of the dark green GSF territories seen in LS which have a high amount of density more than 10.

 

Another example here 

8RPD34F.jpg

 

Here you can see Vagos completely controll and have Rockshore east in check. Not a safe area at night due to large amount of Vagos spawning in lare groups. And if you notice to the upper left. Vagos are at war in Camel's toe (lol) with Grove ST as the color on the map is a light dark yellow mix with green.

 

Last example

Cb3MQAY.jpg

(The camle's toe under attack by Vagos) On top you can see Starfish casino is run a by a small area of Balla gang members. Small area but ballas are constantly seen patrolling their area after loosing a war with Grove ST back in Whitewood Estate hood. The Camel's toe originally had San Ferrio Riffa influence but was a total f*cking  disaster. I scrapped that save long ago and just kept GSF and Vagos in this area.

 

These glitches can't be done without the use the cheats really. On consoles for that matter. So I do recommend IF you don't need one of your extra save files then go ahead and delete that save and keep your other one with achievements separate. Other than that, it's unclear how else could one accomplish more gang territories without any use of cheats. And unfortunately the "Fly off the map trick only works on PS2 V.1 which is my version in the pics. The glitch was fixed for future releases. Think It also work on PC V.1 aswell. And no, I didn't use the fly off the map trick. All of these territories we're done by using the many tricks to get gangs out to other cities. I find the flying off the map trick unreliable in my case since the gang density is low as hell.

 

Edited by Big_Smiley
*spelling*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SireElite
2 hours ago, Big_Smiley said:

Apologies if my first part of my post confused a bit. A total of three bombs on three attacking gang members. I sometimes add an extra second "bomb" on on the three gang members I chose to throw bombs on to secure the glitch. Forgive me if this is a bit confusing, lol. I just want clarify on this method. 

 

These glitches can't be done without the use the cheats really. On consoles for that matter. So I do recommend IF you don't need one of your extra save files then go ahead and delete that save and keep your other one with achievements separate. Other than that, it's unclear how else could one accomplish more gang territories without any use of cheats. And unfortunately the "Fly off the map trick only works on PS2 V.1 which is my version in the pics. The glitch was fixed for future releases. Think It also work on PC V.1 aswell. And no, I didn't use the fly off the map trick. All of these territories we're done by using the many tricks to get gangs out to other cities. I find the flying off the map trick unreliable in my case since the gang density is low as hell.

 

No worries dude, it wasn't confusing.

 

On PC, flying out does work but it barely gives density + territory and it does it in the same place for everyone I think, I tried many times for many hours including quicker ingame time cheat. I heard on PS2 when you fly out, you gain far more territories and density than you do on PC, is that not the case with yours?
 

And at this point I might just cheat once I'm done with LS, but yeah, thanks for the help man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big_Smiley
16 minutes ago, SireElite said:

I heard on PS2 when you fly out, you gain far more territories and density than you do on PC, is that not the case with yours?

Yes it's true. But that depends which area of the map you fly off. There is specific areas you have to fly off on. Example north or or west off the map. Last time I did this couple couple years back, I only got certain Vago density in SF and Balla density in LV. Long story short the density was low. It turns out you have to fly off a specific route Think it was the south for PS2?? Something like that, but I remember being pissed at a NeoGaf member for not clarifying that, after 30-minutes in, lmao. It's possible to even have more density depending the hour. If you wait over an hour so, but I'm not putting my PS2 through that, while sleeping in the next night then waking up to see the many territories unlocked like I used to, lol. Those were times were I used my homeboys gameshark instead which was a cheat device for your PS2. F*ckin miss those days :rol: Made everything so much easier with gang turf glitches. But after focusing more on master minds, stachel method, and other glitches I found them a lot quicker than flying off the map to get other gangs in LV and SF so the fun could never end.

 

Anymore clarifications or questions with turfs glitches don't hesitate to ask us here :^:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SireElite
1 minute ago, Big_Smiley said:

Yes it's true. But that depends which area of the map you fly off. There is specific areas you have to fly off on. Example north or or west off the map. Last time I did this couple couple years back, I only got certain Vago density in SF and Balla density in LV. Long story short the density was low. It turns out you have to fly off a specific route Think it was the south for PS2?? Something like that, but I remember being pissed at a NeoGaf member for not clarifying that, after 30-minutes in, lmao. It's possible to even have more density depending the hour. If you wait over an hour so, but I'm not putting my PS2 through that, while sleeping in the next night then waking up to see the many territories unlocked like I used to, lol. Those were times were I used my homeboys gameshark instead which was a cheat device for your PS2. F*ckin miss those days :rol: Made everything so much easier with gang turf glitches. But after focusing more on master minds, stachel method, and other glitches I found them a lot quicker than flying off the map to get other gangs in LV and SF so the fun could never end.

Yeah there's a thread on this forum which tells you where to fly, territory glitch is honestly probably my favourite glitch in gaming entirely, it's gotten to the point where I installed GTA SA on a PS2 emulator to attempt it but the controls kill. I tried using a Gameshark / ARMAX method for it but I don't really get how to work it, I managed to hotswap ARMAX but I need the codes.

 

I might just end up going back on the PS2 emulator and flying out, hopefully that'll do it. I have a save editor on PC with zones I added, but it just feels better and more authentic doing the glitch idk why.

 

2 minutes ago, Big_Smiley said:

Anymore clarifications or questions with turfs glitches don't hesitate to ask us here :^:

Cheers man! There's a good chance I'll be back about the territory glitch soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.